First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Selfishly Lying About Illegitimate Fansubs, The Internet Bullies
Posted 11/10/08

DomFortress wrote:


shogunxkilla wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


smantha096 wrote:

This guy use to be a fansubber too. i dont get it.


That's because back in the old days, fansubbers like myself aren't doing what we do for instant self-gratification. We worked hard to break the cultural barriers on anime subculture, by subbing a few series and sharing among ourselves with the local fan base. Not overpopulating the world with illegitimate copies without control nor restrain.


thats because u used shitty VHS and selling your crap to share your "fansubbing" , of course your fan base would only include a local population,
fansubbers of today are doing exactly what you were doing except with the use of the magical INTERNET,


Every local fans contributed with the fansubbing back then, and limited the distribution circle within the local fan base. And even so, we stopped when legitimate licensed anime medias were available in our local market. We didn't kept going by moving onto another series and so forth. We had a certain degree to acknowledge the International Copyright Act, internet or not.


granted, you did pay for the japanese media BUT did you recieve consent/permission for copying, reproducing, modifying, and distributing the said media?
piracy is still piracy, fansubbers today ALSO stop when they recieve C&D and series get licensed
what makes them so different from what you did?
17344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crapsack World
Offline
Posted 11/10/08 , edited 11/10/08

DomFortress wrote:


shogunxkilla wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


smantha096 wrote:

This guy use to be a fansubber too. i dont get it.


That's because back in the old days, fansubbers like myself aren't doing what we do for instant self-gratification. We worked hard to break the cultural barriers on anime subculture, by subbing a few series and sharing among ourselves with the local fan base. Not overpopulating the world with illegitimate copies without control nor restrain.


thats because u used shitty VHS and selling your crap to share your "fansubbing" , of course your fan base would only include a local population,
fansubbers of today are doing exactly what you were doing except with the use of the magical INTERNET,


Every local fans contributed with the fansubbing back then, and limited the distribution circle within the local fan base. And even so, we stopped when legitimate licensed anime medias were available in our local market. We didn't kept going by moving onto another series and so forth. We had a certain degree to acknowledge the International Copyright Act, internet or not.


Then how would you explain about stealing copyright material on your own time? Does it qualify as piracy and breaking the International Copyright Act as well? No matter how small it is stealing is stealing regardless of your intentions.
Posted 11/10/08

shogunxkilla wrote:


granted, you did pay for the japanese media BUT did you recieve consent/permission for copying, reproducing, modifying, and distributing the said media?
piracy is still piracy, fansubbers today ALSO stop when they recieve C&D and series get licensed
what makes them so different from what you did?


We stopped our illegitimate practice even before we received any C&D order. We stepped out from the possible competition of VHS fansubs and licensed anime VHS, when the anime market was starting to take root in the North American culture. I myself even recommended licensed titles to people in my local anime stores that are worthy to pick up, I even know the store owners on a first name bases. This is how I support the anime studios right now.
8065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / In Your Room
Offline
Posted 11/10/08
Now sadly, I had quite a bit written out and I'm not too tired to do it all again, but posting what did not go through over again is really boring so I will be lazy and summarize a little of what I said...and yes, only a little. If you are one of those people who auto-assume things before you finish reading a post then maybe you'll miss something, maybe you won't...who knows but me, you and your opinion combined with your current mood/attitude.

Dom..I must say that I am quite surprised. I have read many topic on this site and not responded once, but I must say to you CONGRATULATIONS. You got me off my lazy behind to actually join and post on a topic that is utterly pointless. Now you can call this bashing or whatever it is you want, but the fact of the matter is this, I have yet to see you respond to valid points made by many of those that have posted. You call them all "non-valid" and "childish" if you want to (to yourself), but facts remain facts Dom...and the fact of the matter is, you're really not doing anything right now other than wasting your own time and others, unless that is your goal.


What you did in the past is no different than what the people today are doing. I notice that now you say you stepped out from possible competition of VHS fansubs but if I am not mistaken earlier on you did mention that you distributed them via VHS, correct me if I am mistaken. This makes you the same as those who put up a show online for all to see, only they are widening the the amount of viewers.

You recommend people go out and get licensed anime? Guess what? So do the groups that exist today and I seem to recall someone mentioning earlier on, in I bevlieve blue font that the groups today have something that goes like this, "Please Support This Anime Once It Gets Licensed"


I am not going to ask as to why you have not responded to those that have made valid arguments, points, facts because the answers are all there for people to see why. It is not because they are "right" or proving what you may say not to be valid, but you are merely beating around the bush to another topic..what seems to be the actual topic that you want to talk about.


Has the amount of sales for anime gone down since the introduction of the internet, or widened? That is the question I leave you with Dom...are the current fansubs really ruining the industry right now or are they helping it? If a government really wanted to put an end to it they would, but who would bother with such a thing? It brings in money and what do governments need in order to function right now? You guessed it Sherlock, MONEY.
18989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
www.crunchyroll.com
Offline
Posted 11/11/08


Great, now just have the feds arrest them
793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / ehh??
Offline
Posted 11/11/08 , edited 11/11/08
I agree with the most people here, if you don't support fan-sub then you don't have to watch it.

Of course, if you do watch anime with Fansub then by making this topic and the previous one, you're a hypocrite.You know by posting this you won't be shaming anyone into stop watching anime with fansub,
And many of the "cyber-bully" you quoted (such as AnimeKami-san) really didn't write anything that would be considered bullying to me.

EDIT: and also, from what I read, you used to be a fan-subber? =_=;; wow..
4328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/11/08

joycevenus wrote:

I agree with the most people here, if you don't support fan-sub then you don't have to watch it.
Of course, if you do watch anime with Fansub then by making this topic and the previous one, you're a hypocrite.
And many of the "cyber-bully" you qouted (such as AnimeKami-san) really didn't write anything that would be considered bullying to me.

EDIT: and also, from what I read, you used to be a fan-subber? =_=;; wow..


I think this sums up what i have been thinking. If you hate fansubs so much why are you even here.
6717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Earth
Offline
Posted 11/11/08 , edited 11/11/08

DomFortress wrote:


BrylleNoGotoku wrote:

Wait! While I agree at most of your points in anime industry in the past. I think it is hypocritical to make this 'name-calling' thread while saying that flamers and trolls are strictly prohibited on this thread when it is, by far, common sense to believe that is thread is an act of 'trolling' and 'flaming' due to use of 'name-calling'.

To my understanding, this is more of an "anti-bullies" thread than an "anti-fansub" thread.


Remember, it's only a violation when the claim was made false without facts nor reasoning. And that's not the case with this topic at all.

And it may look like "anti-bullies" to you, but the fact is these internet bullies are the strongest voice that's representing the internet fansub groups so far, with their act of defamation on anime industry.




^That may be called a fallacy (an error in argument), a sarcasm to ridicule (an insult), a childish reasoning (immaturity), or anything possible. But in what way will this be a violation?

A violation of rights? You once said in your first post, "do not feed the trolls". As far as I'm concerned, what you're doing now is like a masochist who wishes to be insulted by a lot. That does not seem like a violation of rights if that is the case. I find it very doubtful for a person who put the "do not feed the trolls" in the first post to be so defensive. You call those who bullied you immature. But there is a flaw in your claim (meaning, yours was false). What is that flaw? That is because you still mind them and get very defensive even though, in your theory, they are immature? You are 30 and you should know what immature means. I don't expect a propaganda like what you are doing now to be present because I see it immature... and contradicting to your self-righteous attitude.

They have been posting their opinions. I don't think that it is a violation if they posted even if they are wrong. That may be ignorance but I don't see the point where they violate. You wished for discussion. A lot disagreed with you (be it nice or naught). Isn't that what a discussion is? For what reason is that a violation? Is it common sense to give them 'factual' evidences to prove yourself correct? Wait! You did give them. But was it convincing? Athrine knows someone he can make a reference with. GoPlayGo speculates on the discussion depending on what he observes. Skittles defended moderators. As far as my experience goes, what is happening now is that you are picking the 'ad hominem' quotes and defend yourself by calling them bullies... which is 'straw man'. Anyway, I believe that it would be better if you answer this: "Is stating an opinion, not a fact, a violation? Of what?"



^That is because they have something to say unlike those people not mentioned. One reason why they defend it is because they do not agree with you wholeheartedly. They doubt the accuracy of your data and voices their own data in to you. True that they have been using 'ad hominems' but I see it as insignificant and can be avoided if one desires... which did not happen in your case.

Another thing is that, there are tons of quotes from them that was not addressed. It is a 'straw man'. You attacked the easiest to rebut and dodged claims that may affect you. In addition, you tried to change the topic from them by beating around the bush. That is 'red-herring'. I see that this thread is a big pile of fallacy itself and deserves to be locked. With your aggressive way, the reform you wish is impossible. Your past thread was informative and I thank you for that. But I find this thread to be absurd, not because there are tons of flames, but because the thread itself is a flame. You accused several people, then you dodge some of the important claims that needs to be addressed. It is absurdity itself and I don't see it as something prolific and significant. Be it insult or not. You are responsible for taking it and proving them wrong.

It is not that the people from the internet has changed, but it is because the internet itself has changed. Oh, and please address those unaddressed claims of them. That would be helpful.
6717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Earth
Offline
Posted 11/11/08 , edited 11/11/08

DemonWithin912 wrote:

Oh Jesus Fucking Christ

How the hell did I miss this?

Fuck you guys

Having fun without me :/


Look at page 7... Below your post. It's been a while.
14835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/11/08

BrylleNoGotoku wrote:


DemonWithin912 wrote:

Oh Jesus Fucking Christ

How the hell did I miss this?

Fuck you guys

Having fun without me :/


Look at page 7... Below your post. It's been a while.


I actually laughed.

It really has been a while since you've entered any sort of "bashing"

God, I haven't heard those terms in so long
36029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/11/08

BrylleNoGotoku wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


BrylleNoGotoku wrote:

Wait! While I agree at most of your points in anime industry in the past. I think it is hypocritical to make this 'name-calling' thread while saying that flamers and trolls are strictly prohibited on this thread when it is, by far, common sense to believe that is thread is an act of 'trolling' and 'flaming' due to use of 'name-calling'.

To my understanding, this is more of an "anti-bullies" thread than an "anti-fansub" thread.


Remember, it's only a violation when the claim was made false without facts nor reasoning. And that's not the case with this topic at all.

And it may look like "anti-bullies" to you, but the fact is these internet bullies are the strongest voice that's representing the internet fansub groups so far, with their act of defamation on anime industry.




^That may be called a fallacy (an error in argument), a sarcasm to ridicule (an insult), a childish reasoning (immaturity), or anything possible. But in what way will this be a violation?

A violation of rights? You once said in your first post, "do not feed the trolls". As far as I'm concerned, what you're doing now is like a masochist who wishes to be insulted by a lot. That does not seem like a violation of rights if that is the case. I find it very doubtful for a person who put the "do not feed the trolls" in the first post to be so defensive. You call those who bullied you immature. But there is a flaw in your claim (meaning, yours was false). What is that flaw? That is because you still mind them and get very defensive even though, in your theory, they are immature? You are 30 and you should know what immature means. I don't expect a propaganda like what you are doing now to be present because I see it immature... and contradicting to your self-righteous attitude.

They have been posting their opinions. I don't think that it is a violation if they posted even if they are wrong. That may be ignorance but I don't see the point where they violate. You wished for discussion. A lot disagreed with you (be it nice or naught). Isn't that what a discussion is? For what reason is that a violation? Is it common sense to give them 'factual' evidences to prove yourself correct? Wait! You did give them. But was it convincing? Athrine knows someone he can make a reference with. GoPlayGo speculates on the discussion depending on what he observes. Skittles defended moderators. As far as my experience goes, what is happening now is that you are picking the 'ad hominem' quotes and defend yourself by calling them bullies... which is 'straw man'. Anyway, I believe that it would be better if you answer this: "Is stating an opinion, not a fact, a violation? Of what?"



^That is because they have something to say unlike those people not mentioned. One reason why they defend it is because they do not agree with you wholeheartedly. They doubt the accuracy of your data and voices their own data in to you. True that they have been using 'ad hominems' but I see it as insignificant and can be avoided if one desires... which did not happen in your case.

Another thing is that, there are tons of quotes from them that was not addressed. It is a 'straw man'. You attacked the easiest to rebut and dodged claims that may affect you. In addition, you tried to change the topic from them by beating around the bush. That is 'red-herring'. I see that this thread is a big pile of fallacy itself and deserves to be locked. With your aggressive way, the reform you wish is impossible. Your past thread was informative and I thank you for that. But I find this thread to be absurd, not because there are tons of flames, but because the thread itself is a flame. You accused several people, then you dodge some of the important claims that needs to be addressed. It is absurdity itself and I don't see it as something prolific and significant. Be it insult or not. You are responsible for taking it and proving them wrong.

It is not that the people from the internet has changed, but it is because the internet itself has changed. Oh, and please address those unaddressed claims of them. That would be helpful.


lol pure ownage.. really fucking long, but good
4328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/11/08

macphapie wrote:


jamesbont wrote:


joycevenus wrote:

I agree with the most people here, if you don't support fan-sub then you don't have to watch it.
Of course, if you do watch anime with Fansub then by making this topic and the previous one, you're a hypocrite.
And many of the "cyber-bully" you qouted (such as AnimeKami-san) really didn't write anything that would be considered bullying to me.

EDIT: and also, from what I read, you used to be a fan-subber? =_=;; wow..


I think this sums up what i have been thinking. If you hate fansubs so much why are you even here.


Was he saying anything? I thought he was just Raging against everyone lol


Yeah, he made a topic sometime back about how fansubs are soo bad, and then he makes this topic to bash all the people who argued with him on his point of view.
4328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/11/08

prozac181 wrote:

Okay, i don't really replay to anything cause i find no point in it but from what i understand and by what i read, dom is a little pissed about the form of tansportation of current fansub distribution because once it gets on the internet it is unknow to how many people get it.
Back then with vhs you could limit the amount of vhs out there cause you were sending them to people. But what stopped someone from takeing the vhs you sent them and copying it and sending it out to others besides the crappier quality,same as with the internet today. Today fansubers use internet to cut costs on themselves and the fans cause i remeber back then you had to PAY the cost of the vhs and shipping. Thanks also to improved technology fansubers can now release a fansub of about the same quality as a anime company, Which is another point i think dom was mad about.
Yes the internet made anime accessable to a wider market to look at, but if anyone has proper sense, like crunchyroll does then you would keep a tally as to see who liked what so USA anime compaines could use the ineternet to cut there cost cause they won't have to waste time on trying to take a poll to see what anime they think the fans would like they would get there answers directly from the fans via the internet.
Also some companies do use sites like this to determine what to dub. It is up to sites that help host these streaming or links to download anime for them to remove it and block it so no more people could get it when it is released/bought to be dubbed.
The fansubers are still the same as they were back then, but there are a few who don't go by the morale code that most fansubers go by, but you never need to assume all fansuber are that way because that is just makes an ass out of yourself for doing that.
I watch fansubs over the internet to determine what i want to buy cause my range of anime i like is wide and varried, no fansubbers live in my area, and there is only one anime store to buy anime at. I know the guy by first name basis and he knows me the same. My range of anime I like is so large that he has hard time suggesting what i might like. SO i use sites like this to see what i want to get and i give him a list of what to order me, which to answer for dom. is probably why he uses this site too to see what he wants to buy next. I do realize the typos i have in this forgive me i suck at spelling especially when i just got of a 12 hour shift at work. I do realize i am opening myself up to flames and hate repsonse but i don't care, Cause I don't know them in real life so they don't mater to me at all. Dom you need to grow up a little cause your letting teenagers get to you. And to all those people flamming him you need to grow up too cause there was points in his staetments but he was too flusted to make his comments make sense.



You may be right, although he does have a few points, he pretty much invited people to flame him when he made a entire thread just to bash other users.

544 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / South Florida
Offline
Posted 11/11/08 , edited 11/11/08
It is a shame that very few people can actually have a conversation without it turning into " you're an idiot' no you're an idiot". Once these people grow up and reflect on thier lives I seriously hope they look back, smack themselves in the forehead and realize just how moronic they were. Now I'm not saying that I wasn't a dumb ass with a keyboard either, but damn, this thread is a new low. legality or lack there of in the fansub/scanlation business (I say business because plenty of people make good money doing it) is a bigger issue then most assume or think. Big enough for it to be discussed in some of the law classes I had to take (and I live in america). Which makes me a huge hypocrit since I am involved with the law yet still watch/read the stuff. What the topic starter has said (although in a really poor way) is true. Back when people first started subbing anime, no one was asking for donation or requiring you to pay for a subscription or any of the stuff involving putting ads on a website. Animenewsnetwork.com, along with other sites I'm sure, have reported how some of these groups take in thousands a month. Also there are plenty of sites that have reported the billions in yen that have been lost in direct relation to fansubbing (don't ask which one because I don't write these things down, but animenewsnetwork.com is one of them). The anime(s) themself don't make these companies a lot of money, its the dvd and merch sales and licensing that do, so it is easy to see how fansubbing is effecting the respective anime companies. In all honesty I don't care a whole lot about that, if the anime industry wanted to, they could make a killing through working with fansubbers and more then make up for any losses. I however agree with the morality part, not all but some of these groups couldn't care less about their impact on other peoples lives while performing illegal acts and profitting from it. It is fansubbing, not makeacraploadofmoneybychargingpeopleforstolenmaterialsubbing.
17344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crapsack World
Offline
Posted 11/11/08

xO_Skittles_Ox wrote:



Billie is ranked a 10 for a reason lol. He's blunt and gets right down to the point without using insults and profanity. He provides enough evidence to back up all his statements and has a vocabulary similar to Frankie's "Eudd", who's now OnlyOp Lawl


I kinda notice it too... Anyway, I can use this thread as an excellent learning material for debates thanks to you guys.
Posted 11/11/08
wow, yer right..they're bullies!!!
9383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / LuzViMinda
Offline
Posted 11/11/08
So much .

Anyway, I was told that the Japanese animation and manga industry love their pirates. Or perhaps I was misinformed about that?

Whether or not if I was, getting angry over ad hominem attacks in the internet is... I don't have a word for it, but it means you've lost already.
Posted 11/11/08
Ha, wow.

Please note, that the subbers put this in all of their anime:
"This is a free fansub, please support the anime and purchase when licensed."

AND the anime studio would be at fault, BECAUSE if they didn't like all this fansubbing, then they would have licensed their anime, BUT there are plenty of animes that are not licensed which means the anime studio doesn't care.

If you think it's so bad, why do you watch it all these fansubbed anime? OR why would you put an anime series that has subtitles on it as one of your favorite series on crunchyroll?

If you don't support fansubbing, then don't bother to favorite a series with fansub.
It's completely an idiotic thing to do.
Posted 11/11/08

AnimeKami wrote:


They're doing a better job now, Japan, has no limited the Internet usage of everyday life "monitoring" if you will and is/are tracking down raw providers. So you can't blame them


And apparently still not good enough, for I know at least one site that's like your one-stop-shopping for same-time release raw files, with no advertising and paid strictly by donations, Tokyo Toshokan/東京 図書館:

http://www.tokyotosho.com/index.php?cat=7


GoPlayGo wrote:



what he said does not really answer anything. it doesn't explain why he is still watching their work


I found those series listed on the anime index on CR, and I listed them as favorite because I already knew their existences before I even came here. I have my own anime source for the latest buzz on anime subculture, a same-time anime series discussion site that's not even on a US server, Komica:

http://2cat.twbbs.org/~tedc21thc/new/index.html
1158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Estonia
Offline
Posted 11/11/08


then whats your problem here, if you have source you get anime then don't come here, where most ppl dun care or are already tracking your residents and planning to ¤&3& you. We all (mostly) who use CR know that sites owenr is not buying anime like mad and uping them here for us not buying ones.
6717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Earth
Offline
Posted 11/11/08

misspsycho wrote:

wow, yer right..they're bullies!!!


No offense but, is the trauma still on you?
36029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/11/08

DomFortress wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


They're doing a better job now, Japan, has no limited the Internet usage of everyday life "monitoring" if you will and is/are tracking down raw providers. So you can't blame them


And apparently still not good enough, for I know at least one site that's like your one-stop-shopping for same-time release raw files, with no advertising and paid strictly by donations, Tokyo Toshokan/東京 図書館:

http://www.tokyotosho.com/index.php?cat=7


GoPlayGo wrote:



what he said does not really answer anything. it doesn't explain why he is still watching their work


I found those series listed on the anime index on CR, and I listed them as favorite because I already knew their existences before I even came here. I have my own anime source for the latest buzz on anime subculture, a same-time anime series discussion site that's not even on a US server, Komica:

http://2cat.twbbs.org/~tedc21thc/new/index.html


once again you missed the point. The question really is, are you watching fansub releases for those series? and do you use any so call ILLEGAL or IMMORAL methods of obtaining it
Posted 11/11/08

aoi-sora227 wrote:

I thought he was just trying to explain something about Fansubbers and Anime. I think Fansubbers are just trying
to connect Anime to USA and all that.
I dont understand whats the big deal. This is derived from my OPINION, not hard cold evidence.


And we accomplished that task, when licensed anime VHS was available on the US market for general audiences viewing pleasure. But now, internet fansub groups are overpopulating the digital media market and the same-time direct streaming market with their release of HD fansubs over the internet, a distribution method that they have no control nor restrain on their fans' actions.


soduruu wrote:

i don't care if its fansubs or not fan... but i never watch dubbed and aslong as i have eng translation (good one) i wach. but that does not mean i only watch subbed if subbd not out yet i watch raw..... u got something against raws too, cuzz they should also be illegal.


Of course I do, they are illegal digital duplicates after all.
693 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M
Offline
Posted 11/11/08

DomFortress wrote:
And we accomplished that task, when licensed anime VHS was available on the US market for general audiences viewing pleasure. But now, internet fansub groups are overpopulating the digital media market and the same-time direct streaming market with their release of HD fansubs over the internet, a distribution method that they have no control nor restrain on their fans' actions.
.


are you blaming fansubers that anime is no more sacred?
so you prefer that only few titles would exsist as long as they are available for general audience?

I don't see anything wrong with overpopulation because it reduces price and extends fan base.
without fansubing we probably only had few 4kidz butchered titles adapted for 3 year children.

since now we have lots of title available we can choose what we like not what is available.
anime is so common that you dont need to watch everything, you can watch only what you like most.
as for you I suppose you want to force everyone watch only what licensors selected.
299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / HeartLand
Offline
Posted 11/11/08

DomFortress wrote:

The Internet Defamation Law is a tort law that allows one person may be held liable for damaging another's reputation over the internet. It's based on the real life defamation law, which defines defamation is the communication of a statement that makes a false claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government or nation a negative image.

In my last topic, I made a claim that the internet fansub groups are stealing from anime studios. And my claim was based on the fact that the internet fansubs groups violated the TRIPS agreement and the Berne Convention, when they distributed illegitimate anime fansubs for free, and thus overpopulated the global anime market.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-371988/The-Anime-Fansub-Groups-Stealing-From-Anime-Studio-One-Episode-At-A-Time.html

However, my topic got the attention of a group of internet bullies, and they sprog into action by targeting my topic and my person in their secret CR group forum. Here's a screen shot on the post regarding my topic, please pay attention on the use of words "if you like fansub kill him" at the end of the post:

And without fail, this group of internet bullies begone attacking my person with flamers and trolls, while at the same time misinforming the CR users with false claims. Here are detailed screen shots of their flamers and trolls like actions, while they selfishly lied about illegitimate fansubs:

Here's AnimeKami with his claim on "a good theory" without facts:

Here's -Athrine- with his claim on "saying the whole anime industry is losing money thats so selfish":

Here's -Athrine- back with his claim on "there losing money but only the north american anime industry":

Here's -Athrine- back again with his claim on "Holy crap wtf is this shit":

Here's GoPlayGo with his claim on "I see an idiot with no good rebuttal trying to sound smart":

Here's GoPlayGo back with his claim on "oh look at me, i am zendude. When a business has no profit in it any more, lets invest even more in it and lose more money!!!! oh man i am so smart i should be the president of idiotville":

Here's GoPlayGo back again with his claim on "Oh whats wrong? u deleted all our latest reply to u. Having a hard time thinking of a rebuttal? Pretty shameful when you quoted some and can't quote back then turn to reporting to mods."

Here's robihr with his claim on "fansubs are not guilty of stealing money from "weak powerless " anime studios"

Here's robihr back with his claim on "it doesnt influence anime studios directly"

Here's WhereEaglesFly with his claim on "piracy is already in history... so as the anime piracy":

Here's xO_Skittles_Ox with her claim on "You're 30? and you can't have a civilized conversation with Bk about this?"

Here's xO_Skittles_Ox back with her claim on "so either you're "bored and in need of a life" or "you're trolling", take your pick? Do you really need this much time to come up with a "decent" reply?":


These flamings and trolling posts made by the internet bullies went beyond control, to a point that CR forum mod Jorlwind locked my topic. And right after that, I got a personal message from GoPlayGo with his claim on "LOL! got your thread locked. Told you so":


So is this the internet fansub groups had become, with internet bullies as their biggest supporters? They would lie about fansubs being free, and overpopulate the market at the cost of nothing? They would spend misconceptions about the industry to misinform their fans, and just pretend that everything is fine as it should be? They would attack anything that threaten their position, by acting like some presto intellects without facts and reasoning? They would steal from anime studios, yet lie about them violating the TRIPS agreement and the Berne Convention, by saying these illegitimate fansubs were all free? This is nothing like the fansub groups that I was once in 13 years ago. These kind of behaviors of flamers, trolls, and false claims were out right criminal by law!

Remember, what internet bullies are doing with their flamers, trolls and false claim like behaviors can be interpreted as violations on the internet defamation law:


Before I open the topic for discussions, I want to remind everyone that flamers and trolls are strictly prohibited on this thread. So DO NOT REPLY, DO NOT GIVE THEM ANYTHING TO FEED OFF FROM. Remember to state your claim with facts or sound reasoning, and respect others by responding to their claim likewise.

And now I open the topic for discussions.


you sound like a little fucking kid crying to his mom right now.
you probably got picked on alot in highschool huh?
do you live with your mom right now?
the internet was made for people to fuck with people while hiding your identity.
so just shut the fuck up. and go get a girlfriend or something. you just got told off by a bunch of teenagers.
13300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / where the hell am I
Offline
Posted 11/11/08


most of the comments you marked as internet bullying are just opinions and although some aren't and can be marked as bullying or whatever you could simply just report the user i don't get the big deal
17344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crapsack World
Offline
Posted 11/11/08 , edited 11/11/08

DomFortress wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


They're doing a better job now, Japan, has no limited the Internet usage of everyday life "monitoring" if you will and is/are tracking down raw providers. So you can't blame them


And apparently still not good enough, for I know at least one site that's like your one-stop-shopping for same-time release raw files, with no advertising and paid strictly by donations, Tokyo Toshokan/東京 図書館:

http://www.tokyotosho.com/index.php?cat=7


GoPlayGo wrote:



what he said does not really answer anything. it doesn't explain why he is still watching their work


I found those series listed on the anime index on CR, and I listed them as favorite because I already knew their existences before I even came here. I have my own anime source for the latest buzz on anime subculture, a same-time anime series discussion site that's not even on a US server, Komica:

http://2cat.twbbs.org/~tedc21thc/new/index.html


Didn't you say that you hated fansubs with passion and yet you visited the CR anime library full of fansub animes and even add it to your favorites? It makes me wonder if you really hated fansub anime or not.

Lastly, your recent rebuttal on "favorite anime" is somewhat vague and unclear.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.