First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply The Knife and Gun Show
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 11/11/08 , edited 11/21/08
Here's a place to showcase your weapons, ask questions about weapons and their uses, and discuss anything in between.

This place is primarily a haven for modern weapons, but any weapon may be discussed here.
I am focusing more on modern weapons because the popularity of swords, spears, and bows are pretty overwhelming. If you cannot find a place to discuss/inquire about older weapons, then feel free to do so here though.

I will go first and list my knives and guns, ironically.

My favorite knives I own are here in order:



Here are my favorite guns I own.






Member
76335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / home....I guess...
Offline
Posted 11/21/08
Whoa..... :-O *speechless*
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 11/21/08

kokomousey wrote:

Whoa..... :-O *speechless*


XD It's an expensive hobby, but I live frugally so I can afford it.
I am very lucky with finding deals on stuff and bargaining and I budget money really well, so I can easily fit in my expensive hobbies.
10410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / Somewhere in the US
Offline
Posted 11/21/08
What kind of grain do you use in your s&w 44?
Member
76335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / home....I guess...
Offline
Posted 11/21/08 , edited 11/21/08

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


kokomousey wrote:

Whoa..... :-O *speechless*


XD It's an expensive hobby, but I live frugally so I can afford it.
I am very lucky with finding deals on stuff and bargaining and I budget money really well, so I can easily fit in my expensive hobbies.


hehe yeah, it would be expensive >.< compared to collecting stamps >_> lol but i'd like to start my own collection on knifes and swords someday....but over here it's illegal for have weapons...so....i'll have to go somewhere else to be able to get them
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 11/21/08 , edited 11/21/08

silverfizz wrote:

What kind of grain do you use in your s&w 44?


Just 240 or 250 standard.

Still pretty expensive. I get a box of 50 rounds for roughly $30.

10410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / Somewhere in the US
Offline
Posted 11/21/08

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


silverfizz wrote:

What kind of grain do you use in your s&w 44?


Just 240 or 250 standard.

Still pretty expensive. I get a box of 50 rounds for roughly $30.



So you don't go for the knock you on your butt let everyone in a ten mile radius know your shooting grain.
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 11/21/08

silverfizz wrote:


Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


silverfizz wrote:

What kind of grain do you use in your s&w 44?


Just 240 or 250 standard.

Still pretty expensive. I get a box of 50 rounds for roughly $30.



So you don't go for the knock you on your butt let everyone in a ten mile radius know your shooting grain.


I have a box of 300 grain somewhere. Standards are powerful enough for me.
I usually keep my 44 for home defense. Higher grain usually risks over-penetration and I don't want to be shooting my neighbor and his dog as well is an intruder.

Member
2760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Purgatory & Georgia
Offline
Posted 11/25/08
If i were you i would be unsatisfied having such artillery and not much use for it, thats unless you hunt or have some other backyard activities , needless to say if im wrong.
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

KiluAnne wrote:

If i were you i would be unsatisfied having such artillery and not much use for it, thats unless you hunt or have some other backyard activities , needless to say if im wrong.


..?? I guess you must not have read the whole post, but I believe I mentioned I often visit the range. I trap shoot and do competitive quickdrawing.
Member
2760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Purgatory & Georgia
Offline
Posted 11/25/08 , edited 11/25/08

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


KiluAnne wrote:

If i were you i would be unsatisfied having such artillery and not much use for it, thats unless you hunt or have some other backyard activities , needless to say if im wrong.


..?? I guess you must not have read the whole post, but I believe I mentioned I often visit the range. I trap shoot and do competitive quickdrawing.


it doesnt say anything like that, I dont know what you're talking about.
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

KiluAnne wrote:


Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


KiluAnne wrote:

If i were you i would be unsatisfied having such artillery and not much use for it, thats unless you hunt or have some other backyard activities , needless to say if im wrong.


..?? I guess you must not have read the whole post, but I believe I mentioned I often visit the range. I trap shoot and do competitive quickdrawing.


it doesnt say anything like that, I dont know what you're talking about.


Trap shooting is a competitive sport where you shoot moving targets.
Quickdraw is a competitive sport where you draw and shoot a target and get judged on both accuracy and speed.

You assumed I had no use for my 'artillery' which I have stated before that it is a hobby both collecting and shooting my guns.

Member
2760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Purgatory & Georgia
Offline
Posted 11/26/08 , edited 11/26/08
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 11/26/08

KiluAnne wrote:

The "use" you are talking about and the "use" i am talking about are totally different.

Context clues,


not much use for it, thats unless you hunt or have some other backyard activities


this insinutates that if you do use it for shooting then you have the "use" for it that IM talking about. I am talking about the "use" where you perform its function, which is shooting. Your "use" has to do with having the item in your possession. two different things. I didnt assume that you had them for nothing, you clearly said that you had them for a hobby. But what i dont understand is, why do you assume that I KNOW that you use them for shooting. You keep saying that you already stated that you use them for shooting, but i dont see where it says that in your post. Ive looked through it three times already. and when i said this....


needless to say if im wrong

it means that if im truly wrong about what ive said then disregard it.


Shooting competitions? What reward is there for that?


You don't need to get all condescending with me. I know the English language.

Now you're assuming what connotations my words have. I know what the word "use" is and used it as a word to explain the action of what you do with a certain object.

If you didn't assume such things you wouldn't had mentioned it as I did clearly say it was a hobby. If it was that obvious why would you say anything to begin with?
I don't assume you 'know' or not know anything. I clearly said, as you reiterated, that I used it as a hobby. I had said in a previous post that I did competitive shooting and directly implied it by the use of the word "Hobby" as "Hobby Shooting" is a term that encompasses competition shooting and plinking.

But if you wanting to be all stuck up about pointless semantics and ruin a perfectly good topic, I would suggest you take your condescension elsewhere because it is neither wanted, warranted, or accepted here.

Member
2760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Purgatory & Georgia
Offline
Posted 11/26/08

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


KiluAnne wrote:

The "use" you are talking about and the "use" i am talking about are totally different.

Context clues,


not much use for it, thats unless you hunt or have some other backyard activities


this insinutates that if you do use it for shooting then you have the "use" for it that IM talking about. I am talking about the "use" where you perform its function, which is shooting. Your "use" has to do with having the item in your possession. two different things. I didnt assume that you had them for nothing, you clearly said that you had them for a hobby. But what i dont understand is, why do you assume that I KNOW that you use them for shooting. You keep saying that you already stated that you use them for shooting, but i dont see where it says that in your post. Ive looked through it three times already. and when i said this....


needless to say if im wrong

it means that if im truly wrong about what ive said then disregard it.


Shooting competitions? What reward is there for that?


You don't need to get all condescending with me. I know the English language.

Now you're assuming what connotations my words have. I know what the word "use" is and used it as a word to explain the action of what you do with a certain object.

If you didn't assume such things you wouldn't had mentioned it as I did clearly say it was a hobby. If it was that obvious why would you say anything to begin with?
I don't assume you 'know' or not know anything. I clearly said, as you reiterated, that I used it as a hobby. I had said in a previous post that I did competitive shooting and directly implied it by the use of the word "Hobby" as "Hobby Shooting" is a term that encompasses competition shooting and plinking.

But if you wanting to be all stuck up about pointless semantics and ruin a perfectly good topic, I would suggest you take your condescension elsewhere because it is neither wanted, warranted, or accepted here.



Dude chill out, what the hell is wrong with you?! i was just clearing up something. I was clearing up what i believed was a misunderstanding between us. Enough with this, you keep continuing it and ruining your own topic by further misunderstanding me. Just because im not throwing smiley faces across my replies doesnt mean im being condescending. And I don't need you to tell me what is the correct conduct for a forums. You picked me as a mod so i would think that you believe that i know what's appropriate for forums. I am not the only one who you do this to. You come across as thinking that everyone is challenging you. When ever someone says you are wrong or tells you that you misunderstand something you get offended like you are some kind of god. Get over yourself and don't ever call me condescending. I don't ever look down on people. What do you take me for? How do you come by insulting me like this?
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.