First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply The Knife and Gun Show
10410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / Somewhere in the US
Offline
Posted 11/26/08 , edited 11/26/08
Okay.......... Well I prefer a 308 for when I hunt and I prefer to carry a smith and wesson 45 military for personal protection. As for collecting I have a Grissly Mark V in a very safe place but sadly I have no 50 caliber ammunition for it.

Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 11/27/08 , edited 11/27/08

KiluAnne wrote:
Dude chill out, what the hell is wrong with you?! i was just clearing up something. I was clearing up what i believed was a misunderstanding between us. Enough with this, you keep continuing it and ruining your own topic by further misunderstanding me. Just because im not throwing smiley faces across my replies doesnt mean im being condescending. And I don't need you to tell me what is the correct conduct for a forums. You picked me as a mod so i would think that you believe that i know what's appropriate for forums. I am not the only one who you do this to. You come across as thinking that everyone is challenging you. When ever someone says you are wrong or tells you that you misunderstand something you get offended like you are some kind of god. Get over yourself and don't ever call me condescending. I don't ever look down on people. What do you take me for? How do you come by insulting me like this?


What's wrong with me? I am annoyed that you were turning the thread into an irrelevant argument and you were being jerkish about it too. Look at you're own post and you can see it's quite obvious. Read the rules.

Wow is your analysis done? Who said I was offended with anything? See now you're just spouting insults. I thought you to be a bit more courteous. If I get offended whenever I am said to be wrong or misunderstand something, why not show me some evidence of this? And I'm pretty sure that the following quote coupled with you trying to say my use of the word 'use' is wrong and seemingly implying my hobby is worthless are textbook examples of condescension.


But what i dont understand is, why do you assume that I KNOW that you use them for shooting. You keep saying that you already stated that you use them for shooting, but i dont see where it says that in your post. Ive looked through it three times already.


So noting condescension that is self evident is an insult now? I could have sworn it'd be called an observation, not an insult. Yeah I know I'm not going about this the right way and can admit that I am wrong by prolonging the arguing by replying to you and even being a bit jerkish now, but my tolerance ends with needless bollocks and I've had enough of it recently. It's something that needs to either be resolved or demolished.
10410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / Somewhere in the US
Offline
Posted 11/28/08 , edited 11/28/08
Hmmmmm............................well okay then, moving on. I just came back from an awesome gun show today. I have a new wish list. There was a WWII browning I wish I would have had the money for, but hey if money grew on trees I would be a farmer right. I did pick up a Hungarian 308, that needs serious restoration(yeah a pet project). I also got a really nice Browning 45 and finally found some ammunition for my Grizzly, so this week its off to the shooting range....weeee.... . I also bought a crossbow which I have never used before, well see if I like it or not, I'm not much on crossbows but hey who could resist for 20 bucks (that and it's suppose to be my Christmas Present).
Posted 3/1/09

silverfizz wrote:

Hmmmmm............................well okay then, moving on. I just came back from an awesome gun show today. I have a new wish list. There was a WWII browning I wish I would have had the money for, but hey if money grew on trees I would be a farmer right. I did pick up a Hungarian 308, that needs serious restoration(yeah a pet project). I also got a really nice Browning 45 and finally found some ammunition for my Grizzly, so this week its off to the shooting range....weeee.... . I also bought a crossbow which I have never used before, well see if I like it or not, I'm not much on crossbows but hey who could resist for 20 bucks (that and it's suppose to be my Christmas Present).


Omg , how come you guy get those weapon like that . (I'm still underage)
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 3/1/09 , edited 3/1/09

Vol4 wrote:
Omg , how come you guy get those weapon like that . (I'm still underage)


Because we work our butts off to make enough money to support our hobbies.
That's what you have to do.
Me, I save a lot of money. I am a savings fiend. I hardly ever spend money on wants. If I want something bad enough, I save up until I can afford it. I don't have very many wants though. I am content with most of what I have. I also can budget and manage money really well.

I have to be good with money because I do payed commissions for a local company, run my own business, write articles, run my mothers business, do catering and amateur bartending, and still don't make much money.
Posted 3/1/09

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


Vol4 wrote:
Omg , how come you guy get those weapon like that . (I'm still underage)


Because we work our butts off to make enough money to support our hobbies.
That's what you have to do.
Me, I save a lot of money. I am a savings fiend. I hardly ever spend money on wants. If I want something bad enough, I save up until I can afford it. I don't have very many wants though. I am content with most of what I have. I also can budget and manage money really well.

I have to be good with money because I do payed commissions for a local company, run my own business, write articles, run my mothers business, do catering and amateur bartending, and still don't make much money.


Lol , at what age did you started saving money ?

Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 3/1/09

Vol4 wrote:


Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


Vol4 wrote:
Omg , how come you guy get those weapon like that . (I'm still underage)


Because we work our butts off to make enough money to support our hobbies.
That's what you have to do.
Me, I save a lot of money. I am a savings fiend. I hardly ever spend money on wants. If I want something bad enough, I save up until I can afford it. I don't have very many wants though. I am content with most of what I have. I also can budget and manage money really well.

I have to be good with money because I do payed commissions for a local company, run my own business, write articles, run my mothers business, do catering and amateur bartending, and still don't make much money.


Lol , at what age did you started saving money ?



I've always been good at saving money. I mean I haven't been saving one sum of money since I was little or anything, but I always have at least 100 bucks in savings. Whenever I get money I always spend a fraction on whatever I need to survive [food, clothes, rent, etc.] and the rest I only take about 10 bucks out for occasional spending money and save the rest.
Posted 3/1/09

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


Vol4 wrote:


Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


Vol4 wrote:
Omg , how come you guy get those weapon like that . (I'm still underage)


Because we work our butts off to make enough money to support our hobbies.
That's what you have to do.
Me, I save a lot of money. I am a savings fiend. I hardly ever spend money on wants. If I want something bad enough, I save up until I can afford it. I don't have very many wants though. I am content with most of what I have. I also can budget and manage money really well.

I have to be good with money because I do payed commissions for a local company, run my own business, write articles, run my mothers business, do catering and amateur bartending, and still don't make much money.


Lol , at what age did you started saving money ?



I've always been good at saving money. I mean I haven't been saving one sum of money since I was little or anything, but I always have at least 100 bucks in savings. Whenever I get money I always spend a fraction on whatever I need to survive [food, clothes, rent, etc.] and the rest I only take about 10 bucks out for occasional spending money and save the rest.


Lol , I kind of like that too , my saving pig need to have at least $100 , and I only take atleast 10 $ for buying private things . (I don't dare to buy too much expensive thing and I guess my only weapon is a knife)
Posted 3/2/09
At a gun show you can get a good gun for about 50$
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 3/2/09 , edited 3/2/09

RyujinsSamurai wrote:

At a gun show you can get a good gun for about 50$


Really?
Do you mean in Germany? You're lucky!

Over here in the US, a cheaper-end good gun runs about $200.

A $50 gun over here is probably 'hot' illegal and called a "Saturday Night Special."
Posted 3/2/09

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


RyujinsSamurai wrote:

At a gun show you can get a good gun for about 50$


Really?
Do you mean in Germany? You're lucky!

Over here in the US, a cheaper-end good gun runs about $200.

A $50 gun over here is probably 'hot' illegal and called a "Saturday Night Special."


No I meant in the US........ you just have to go to a state that is really big on guns. It's really hard to have guns here the laws are very strict. It also helps if you can haggle really well
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 3/2/09

RyujinsSamurai wrote:


Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


RyujinsSamurai wrote:

At a gun show you can get a good gun for about 50$


Really?
Do you mean in Germany? You're lucky!

Over here in the US, a cheaper-end good gun runs about $200.

A $50 gun over here is probably 'hot' illegal and called a "Saturday Night Special."


No I meant in the US........ you just have to go to a state that is really big on guns. It's really hard to have guns here the laws are very strict. It also helps if you can haggle really well


Oh. Well I live in Missouri and often frequent gun shows. Guns are really big here and gun control laws are lax. I have my CCL and it was really easy to get. My brother has his Class 3 license and has a nice [albeit quite small] assortment of assault rifles and SMGs.
But I've never seen a good gun for $50 and I've been a gun collector and hobbyist for about a decade now.
Posted 3/2/09

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


RyujinsSamurai wrote:


Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


RyujinsSamurai wrote:

At a gun show you can get a good gun for about 50$


Really?
Do you mean in Germany? You're lucky!

Over here in the US, a cheaper-end good gun runs about $200.

A $50 gun over here is probably 'hot' illegal and called a "Saturday Night Special."


No I meant in the US........ you just have to go to a state that is really big on guns. It's really hard to have guns here the laws are very strict. It also helps if you can haggle really well


Oh. Well I live in Missouri and often frequent gun shows. Guns are really big here and gun control laws are lax. I have my CCL and it was really easy to get. My brother has his Class 3 license and has a nice [albeit quite small] assortment of assault rifles and SMGs.
But I've never seen a good gun for $50 and I've been a gun collector and hobbyist for about a decade now.


Take a road trip to texas sometime. They have bust out deals at the really big ones.
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 3/2/09

RyujinsSamurai wrote:
Take a road trip to texas sometime. They have bust out deals at the really big ones.


Really? I'll be sure to do that sometime. It's only two states below and to the west of where I live.
Posted 3/2/09

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


RyujinsSamurai wrote:
Take a road trip to texas sometime. They have bust out deals at the really big ones.


Really? I'll be sure to do that sometime. It's only two states below and to the west of where I live.


Ask fizzy about it.....she lives there. She could tell you when they have them. Plus check out the price of the crossbow she got
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.