First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
RPGs that should be remade for the PS3
9607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F / East Bay California
Offline
Posted 4/27/07
I wouldn't mind if they remade ffVII, I never had a psone, so I never got to play it. I know I can play it on my ps2, but I don't think I'd be able to get past the crappy graphics. It makes sense that they remake...not only would people who played the original buy it for nostalgic reasons (and for the ability to rant about how it can never compare to the original) but gamers who never had a chance to play it can finally understand why everyone thinks the game is so EPIC.
3751 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Where ever theres...
Offline
Posted 4/27/07
Anyone played Golden Sun for GBA, thats up in the FF series with me.
Posted 4/27/07

mushroomjay wrote:

Final Fantasy sucks, they should remake Threads of Fate.



Mint and Rue FTW!


Also remake Lunar 2: Eternal Blue, Suikoden II and Breathe Of Fire IV!
That is where it is @ my friends


Trevor (OP)
10594 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / ninja mode
Offline
Posted 4/27/07

mushroomjay wrote:

Final Fantasy sucks, they should remake Threads of Fate.


Final fantasy does suck, when you compare it to how great the chrono series was.

78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 4/27/07
Remakes usually aren't that good, especially when you really loved the series and you have high expectations. Some people want to keep it as original as possible while others would like them to go overboard. It's hard to please everyone, which is what makes it hard.
Posted 4/27/07

edsamac wrote:

Remakes usually aren't that good, especially when you really loved the series and you have high expectations. Some people want to keep it as original as possible while others would like them to go overboard. It's hard to please everyone, which is what makes it hard.



But in all fairness remaking the game probabaly very well could introduce new gamers to a gem that they otherwise would have never been able to experience
Which is EXACTLY why i will murder all SE employees who take part in a ffVII remake i dont need any more fanboys/girls telling me its the greatest game EVER

Trevor (OP)
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 4/27/07
^ Haha! Point taken. Guess the fanboys/girls would just tell you: if you don't like the game, don't buy it! Haha!
5371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Here
Offline
Posted 4/27/07

kyocool wrote:


mushroomjay wrote:

Final Fantasy sucks, they should remake Threads of Fate.



Mint and Rue FTW!


Also remake Lunar 2: Eternal Blue, Suikoden II and Breathe Of Fire IV!
That is where it is @ my friends


Trevor (OP)


Include Lufia and maybe Thousand Arms and there's a complete list of what RPGs I think should be remade.
There are probably a bunch of other RPGs I wouldn't mind being remade but I've played A LOT of RPGs and I can't really remember them all.
I don't think Final Fantasy sucked but I also don't think it compares to these mentioned RPGs. If they were going to remake any Final Fantasy I think they would be better off going with earlier ones before FF7, sense not a lot of people played those.(At least not a lot of people I know who play RPGs.)
Posted 4/27/07

Vahner wrote:


kyocool wrote:


mushroomjay wrote:

Final Fantasy sucks, they should remake Threads of Fate.



Mint and Rue FTW!


Also remake Lunar 2: Eternal Blue, Suikoden II and Breathe Of Fire IV!
That is where it is @ my friends


Trevor (OP)


Include Lufia and maybe Thousand Arms and there's a complete list of what RPGs I think should be remade.
There are probably a bunch of other RPGs I wouldn't mind being remade but I've played A LOT of RPGs and I can't really remember them all.
I don't think Final Fantasy sucked but I also don't think it compares to these mentioned RPGs. If they were going to remake any Final Fantasy I think they would be better off going with earlier ones before FF7, sense not a lot of people played those.(At least not a lot of people I know who play RPGs.)



I would be amped out of my mind if they ever remade 4 5 or 6!

Trevor (OP)
11277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Iloilo City, PH
Offline
Posted 4/27/07

mushroomjay wrote:


cloud101 wrote:

mushroomjay ffv7 doesn't suck u dummy.....my bad loser lost my temper there 4 a second i just don't like people talking about that classic.


If you consider it a classic you obviously haven't played any RPG's before it.

Go get some of the classic FE games, Chrono Trigger, etc.

FFVII has nothing revolutionary about it if you want to go there as well.



chrono trigger would be a sweet remake for the ps3 or ps2 whichever comes first... cell shaded 3D improved soundtrack, new monsters and more endings...
3855 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Where ever I can...
Offline
Posted 4/28/07
I really don't give a fuck what u say mushroomjay, final fantasy 7 is an classic and it is revoulutionary 2 all them crappy other Rpg game u like that i have played by the way......I only play Rpg's like star ocean till the end of time,kindom hearts 1&2,final fantasy 10,8&9,and final fantasy 12 because they all r simply great!...okay u idiot!....sorry again just the way i feel....
6347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / SDF-1
Offline
Posted 4/28/07
If they are remaking Xenogears, I'll sell a kidney to buy a PS3 right now.


cloud101 wrote:

I really don't give a fuck what u say mushroomjay, final fantasy 7 is an classic and it is revoulutionary 2 all them crappy other Rpg game u like that i have played by the way......I only play Rpg's like star ocean till the end of time,kindom hearts 1&2,final fantasy 10,8&9,and final fantasy 12 because they all r simply great!...okay u idiot!....sorry again just the way i feel....


And FF7 is overrated. You're just a retard dumpster baby that only likes games with flashy graphics. GTFO
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 4/28/07

mushroomjay wrote:


cloud101 wrote:

mushroomjay ffv7 doesn't suck u dummy.....my bad loser lost my temper there 4 a second i just don't like people talking about that classic.


If you consider it a classic you obviously haven't played any RPG's before it.

Go get some of the classic FE games, Chrono Trigger, etc.

FFVII has nothing revolutionary about it if you want to go there as well.


...how many 3D RPGs were around before FF7 again?

...how many RPGs had CG cutscenes before FF7 again?

just because you didn't like the changes FF7 made to the industry doesn't change their presence or how significant they were.

EDIT: though i do love your new avatar...
3855 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Where ever I can...
Offline
Posted 4/28/07
TOO THE BITCH!! that called me that pathetic non funny name can fuck off!!......and clearly u been waiting 2 say that lame ass joke 2 1 ur whole miserable life......*sigh*
it's always the loser that wanna talk trash.....and that actually smell like it.
killar 
69281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 4/28/07

zelclerks wrote:

they better not remake it. it wont feel the same if they remade it. every remake i have played of a game had better graphics and a bunch of fancy stuff, but it didnt retain the spirit of the original. although, they dont have any plans to remake ff7. tetsuya nomura said it is a possibility in the future but no such game exists as of now.


I sure as hell loved the remake of MGS for the Gamecube. I think it can be done right.

26379 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Not Where I Want...
Offline
Posted 4/28/07
to n0odle - u got ur nerve sayin somethin like that bout FF7...and that name "retarded dumpster baby" why r u comparing him to urself ur just mad bc u couldnt get FF7 bc when u were young u were a baby who got dropped in the dumpster and ur retarded ass never could find out what a GOOD game was...let alone a good name wtf is a n0odle.

*this is a true story*
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.