First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Choose Adoption
Posted 12/5/08

SeraphAlford wrote:

It’s awfully hard to take the topic seriously when you yourself are being comical and sarcastic in the same post that tells us to keep such activities to a minimum. Also, you should copy and paste everything you write into a grammar check writing program. (Try Microsoft Word.) This will clean up your nearly negligible, though profoundly distracting, typos. Some of us type enough (looser like me who have no real life) enough that we don’t need to do this. However, for normal people, it’s very wise. Typos are understandable, but if you’re trying to be eloquent they completely destroy you.


I suggest you take your own advice and step off of your self-placed pedestal. I think my highlighting of your first paragraph is enough to show that you too, are not Grammar God.

From a personal reference regarding the high preference of younger aged adoptions, children roughly between the ages of 3 and 7 have a more malleable personality as that is the critical age where they are realizing that they exist and need to rely upon their caretakers for basic human needs. Now, for a child who has grown up in an environment with little family affection, their beginning impressions of life will most certainly act as a foundation building block for their outlook further down the road (whether or not they choose to be optimistic or pessimistic from their childhood experiences, that is up to the individual). Although parents cannot force a child into an idealistic molding, they still hold the power of influence and that is any parent's upper hand. Flesh and blood parent/child relationships go through some of their biggest obstacles during the teenage years. Teenagers are getting a feel of their individuality since they not only recognize that they are a part of the greater whole, but they are one part of the greater whole and if an intimate relationship such as that can go through turmoil, adoptive parents can expect to have the same difficulties ten folds over with an adopted teenager for as the majority of previous replies have stated "an orphaned teenager will already have their view on life set" which can only lead to questioned authority and the oh so famous and dreaded phrase of any adoptive parent "you are not my real mom and dad".

Personally, I am not planning on squeezing a human being out of my vagina. I have my sights set on adoption and I must admit that I too, prefer a younger child in order to have the upper hand of the ability to influence my child's personality.
1240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Under the Weeping...
Offline
Posted 12/6/08
Ok, ok, I choose reproduction because that is the purpose of human life and I want to create something that is as effed up as I am. That being will come to be great.
10599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / bOx
Offline
Posted 12/6/08
I choose adoption coz it is fun to have an adopted sister / brother... huhuhuhuh
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/6/08

casualbrutality wrote:


I suggest you take your own advice and step off of your self-placed pedestal. I think my highlighting of your first paragraph is enough to show that you too, are not Grammar God.


Perhaps I’m a bit too aesthetic but I find an immense supply of beautiful irony in that. Namely because the best response I have to you is:


I suggest you take your own advice and step off of your self-placed pedestal. I think my highlighting of your first paragraph is enough to show that you too, are not Grammar God.


Anywho...if we really want to nit-pick things...


From a personal reference regarding the high preference of younger aged adoptions, children roughly between the ages of 3 and 7 have a more malleable personality as that is the critical age where they are realizing that they exist and need to rely upon their caretakers for basic human needs.


That's a run-on sentence.
Posted 12/6/08


Invalid. No where have I claimed myself superior with the use of the English language, therefore, I have set myself up to be taken as a commoner and mistakes are easily pardoned. In your case however, you've only set yourself up for embarrassment.

10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/6/08 , edited 12/6/08

casualbrutality wrote:

I suggest you take your own advice and step off of your self-placed pedestal. I think my highlighting of your first paragraph is enough to show that you too, are not Grammar God.


Invalid. No where have I claimed myself superior with the use of the English language, therefore, I have set myself up to be taken as a commoner and mistakes are easily pardoned. In your case however, you've only set yourself up for embarrassment.

Again, you're being hypocritical about being hypocritical. Quite the conundrum, would you like me to explain it to you?
Posted 12/6/08
Adoption is not easy. I have a friend who is adopted by her aunt and uncle, she grew up knowing that she is their " real" daughter until she knew that her real parents are her disguising aunt and uncle. His "father" (his uncle that adopted her) is cold towards her and one time when she came home late, her mother scolded her and adding this > You're only adopted!
Posted 12/6/08 , edited 12/6/08

SeraphAlford wrote:


casualbrutality wrote:

I suggest you take your own advice and step off of your self-placed pedestal. I think my highlighting of your first paragraph is enough to show that you too, are not Grammar God.


Invalid. No where have I claimed myself superior with the use of the English language, therefore, I have set myself up to be taken as a commoner and mistakes are easily pardoned. In your case however, you've only set yourself up for embarrassment.

Again, you're being hypocritical about being hypocritical. Quite the conundrum, would you like me to explain it to you?


No need to become easily flustered by a simple gadfly. Careful, you might step on a tack one day and deflate!

Of course, if you get your erections from making a show of reciting dictionary definitions of pretty terminologies, you most certainly are more than welcome to entertain me.

Ohoh! Just to clear up your little bolded points:


Some of us type enough (looser like me who have no real life) enough that we don’t need to do this. However, for normal people, it’s very wise. Typos are understandable, but if you’re trying to be eloquent they completely destroy you.


Uh-oh! Now where exactly did you place yourself here? A step above the norm? With those silly mistakes? Sadfase all ovah the place.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/6/08 , edited 12/6/08

casualbrutality wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:


casualbrutality wrote:

I suggest you take your own advice and step off of your self-placed pedestal. I think my highlighting of your first paragraph is enough to show that you too, are not Grammar God.


Invalid. No where have I claimed myself superior with the use of the English language, therefore, I have set myself up to be taken as a commoner and mistakes are easily pardoned. In your case however, you've only set yourself up for embarrassment.

Again, you're being hypocritical about being hypocritical. Quite the conundrum, would you like me to explain it to you?


No need to become easily flustered by a simple gadfly. Careful, you might step on a tack one day and deflate!

Of course, if you get your erections from making a show of reciting dictionary definitions of pretty terminologies, you most certainly are more than welcome to entertain me.

Ohoh! Just to clear up your little bolded points:


Some of us type enough (looser like me who have no real life) enough that we don’t need to do this. However, for normal people, it’s very wise. Typos are understandable, but if you’re trying to be eloquent they completely destroy you.


Uh-oh! Now where exactly did you place yourself here? A step above the norm? With those silly mistakes? Sadfase all ovah the place.


Actually, I said that I was loser in that post. So, if anything I put myself bellow the average person. I simply said that if I choose I can use fair enough grammar without a program to check me. But, you yourself are still playing superior with your assumption that you’re good enough to correct my behavior and suggest I change it.

So, perhaps you could use a tack to deflate your own ego? You know, I really don’t know what’s gotten you so upset. Is it that I’m right, or that you’re wrong that’s getting your panties in a bundle?

Whatever the case, your posts are quite verbose, and so in the words of V…voila. Type away, your response wont be read...well, not by me anywhoser. And that, dear girl, is called 'the high road escape.'


Posted 12/6/08

SeraphAlford wrote:

Actually, I said that I was loser in that post. So, if anything I put myself bellow the average person. I simply said that if I choose I can use fair enough grammar without a program to check me. But, you yourself are still playing superior with your assumption that you’re good enough to correct my behavior and suggest I change it.

So, perhaps you could use a tack to deflate your own ego? You know, I really don’t know what’s gotten you so upset. Is it that I’m right, or that you’re wrong that’s getting your panties in a bundle?

Whatever the case, your posts are quite verbose, and so in the words of V…voila. Type away, your response wont be read...well, not by me anywhoser.



Coocoo, sweet poo. Were you rubbed the wrong way? It's wonderful how you accuse myself of being a hypocrite when you turn around and play that very same card.



post script: I find it absolutely terrific how you attempt to justify yourself in your first paragraph when the original context waltzed others to think otherwise.
322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Somewhere you're not
Offline
Posted 12/6/08

casualbrutality wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:


casualbrutality wrote:

I suggest you take your own advice and step off of your self-placed pedestal. I think my highlighting of your first paragraph is enough to show that you too, are not Grammar God.


Invalid. No where have I claimed myself superior with the use of the English language, therefore, I have set myself up to be taken as a commoner and mistakes are easily pardoned. In your case however, you've only set yourself up for embarrassment.

Again, you're being hypocritical about being hypocritical. Quite the conundrum, would you like me to explain it to you?


No need to become easily flustered by a simple gadfly. Careful, you might step on a tack one day and deflate!

Of course, if you get your erections from making a show of reciting dictionary definitions of pretty terminologies, you most certainly are more than welcome to entertain me.

Ohoh! Just to clear up your little bolded points:


Some of us type enough (looser like me who have no real life) enough that we don’t need to do this. However, for normal people, it’s very wise. Typos are understandable, but if you’re trying to be eloquent they completely destroy you.


Uh-oh! Now where exactly did you place yourself here? A step above the norm? With those silly mistakes? Sadfase all ovah the place.


You do realize that you’re both acting like arrogant children

This is the result of children who’ve been praised too much and not kicked around enough. ll, Seraph yer just egotistical and don’t like to have people express negative opinions about you. As for you Brutal, you’ve got a superiority complex.

And, with all do respect, you are being hypocritical. The amusing thing is that the other guy is being hypocritical about you being hypocritical about him being hypocritical. I’ve got an idea, how about both of you smart people

Posted 12/6/08

Ahaz wrote:



You do realize that you’re both acting like arrogant children

This is the result of children who’ve been praised too much and not kicked around enough. ll, Seraph yer just egotistical and don’t like to have people express negative opinions about you. As for you Brutal, you’ve got a superiority complex.

And, with all do respect, you are being hypocritical. The amusing thing is that the other guy is being hypocritical about you being hypocritical about him being hypocritical. I’ve got an idea, how about both of you smart people



But Mummy! I can't share the same spotlight as him!! -pout-

In all honesty, there is one rather large differentiating factor that distinguishes the two of us. One has humor while the other lacks it.

Now, are you going to spank us or what?
12079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / location location...
Offline
Posted 12/7/08
My mom was adopted, wait she was sold to be specific and was forced to do child labouring. So my dad's practically her prince charming. Well my mom did try to kill herself when she was 16 (that's when she found out she was adopted). The thought of having your own mother sell you for money, 5k if I'm not mistaken is just heart breaking. If a parent disowns his/her child, the child would feel unwanted, or the "what have I done wrong" feel. If he/she is being sold.. well money is more important than your flesh and blood?

If you can't raise them, don't have them.
5670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 12/7/08

makimaki_sataandagi wrote:

My mom was adopted, wait she was sold to be specific and was forced to do child labouring. So my dad's practically her prince charming. Well my mom did try to kill herself when she was 16 (that's when she found out she was adopted). The thought of having your own mother sell you for money, 5k if I'm not mistaken is just heart breaking. If a parent disowns his/her child, the child would feel unwanted, or the "what have I done wrong" feel. If he/she is being sold.. well money is more important than your flesh and blood?

If you can't raise them, don't have them.


i like your last line there.

being raised in an orphanage myself,i am all for adoption.especially abandoned children,we grow up with being branded unwanted.

but even when u are adopted u dont feel a part of the family.no matter how kind they are to u in the deep recesses of the mind u know and ur adopted family knows that u are not tied by blood.this i speak from personal experience.so the best answer is like makimaki said "if you cant raise them,don't have them"
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 12/7/08
People are unwilling to adopt because they fear the concept of raising a child that isn't theirs.
Ironically, as some people are advocating for pro-life no abortion policies, the adoption rate is only going lower and lower. I find that hilarious.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.