First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Taking care & Training a ROTTWEILER
1258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Dark Realms
Offline
Posted 11/14/08 , edited 11/14/08
I've been wanting to have a rottweiler since way back when but they cost a lot out here (I mean a LOT!). Broke my heart to find out that rotties beyond their masters control gets abandoned in the streets or worse, put to sleep T_T thats so sad ne? Its image have been tainted one too many times by reports of aggression or murder being the worst. But I still believe that they can be a great loyal friend with proper training and upbringing.

So, Im asking everyone out there to give me some useful tips on how to take care of one (from a pup up to 2yrs to adult) so that "he" may not end up in a bag. I'll try my best to be a responsible owner cuz I heard that they can be a handful, pls help... ^_^ Just want to be prepared and know what to expect when the time comes.

*tips, tricks, toys, training, health, puppy, adult, male, etc etc etc
*have any names for me? (male, purebred rottie) im thinking of naming him CERBERUS (but its too long) or maybe something shorter like CHAOS.





disclaimer: this pic is not mine its just the cutest thing!
Posted 11/14/08
A good drop kick every few days will teach his bitch-ass to behave.
Posted 11/14/08
I don't know, but that dog is fucking adorable.
1258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Dark Realms
Offline
Posted 11/14/08

KinkyHamster wrote:

A good drop kick every few days will teach his bitch-ass to behave.



and i wont be surprised to see you on the cold table when that pup reaches adulthood. he's gonna bite ur throat off

Posted 11/14/08

scarlet_09112 wrote:


KinkyHamster wrote:

A good drop kick every few days will teach his bitch-ass to behave.



and i wont be surprised to see you on the cold table when that pup reaches adulthood. he's gonna bite ur throat off


I'm sure you'll do much more than just see me when I'm on the cold table.
Use protection.
196 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Hawaii
Offline
Posted 11/14/08
Have one of 13 years sleeping right behind me. I cant remember much specifics as far as taking care of him. The no-brainers obviously are a good diet ( puppy chow and dog chow is crap, stay away from that shit). plenty of excresise and what not. keep up to date with their shots and all that

I remember when we took him to his trainer he used Swiss cheese as a reward, apparently thats good for their coats ( not in excess though ).

Keep it in shape, as they have this stupid hereditary hip disorder ( like arthritis for dogs ) that will get to them in their later years.

Kick ass dogs though. . . GL
Posted 11/14/08

Xarga wrote:

Have one of 13 years sleeping right behind me. I cant remember much specifics as far as taking care of him. The no-brainers obviously are a good diet ( puppy chow and dog chow is crap, stay away from that shit). plenty of excresise and what not. keep up to date with their shots and all that

I remember when we took him to his trainer he used Swiss cheese as a reward, apparently thats good for their coats ( not in excess though ).

Keep it in shape, as they have this stupid hereditary hip disorder ( like arthritis for dogs ) that will get to them in their later years.

Kick ass dogs though. . . GL

Why is there a dog sleeping behind you?
The after-ejaculation weariness came over him?
Bestiality is cool.


5156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 11/14/08
In order to have a well-behaved dog, a lot of care should be taken to insure the Rottweiler is well socialized and well trained. There are many things that are involved in Rottweiler care and you have to make sure that Rottweiler training is done with the least amount of rough handling as possible. This dog also needs to respect its owner; hence it is not advisable to have a Rottweiler if you are not physically capable to control it. Female Rottweilers are a fraction easier to handle than their male counterparts.

The Rottweiler needs a lot of exercise and is usually happier outdoors than indoors. However, a Rottie can be as happy in an apartment as anywhere else provided he is exercised well. They are excellent at tracking, guarding, herding, and protecting property.

The Rottweiler puppies are great looking but they are a handful and very destructive since they always need to chew on something. When they are young they are awfully violent and can bite pretty hard but this can be controlled by constant checking. The best way to control these dogs is with sharp voice commands but some will however, need the rolled newspaper reinforcement (roll the newspaper to make a harmless, yet very loud ‘stick’).

This will carry on till about 6 to 8 months of age, when they shift their attention to furniture and anything it finds within its reach, such as toys, books, combs and any other type of articles. You can expect to have a totally trained Rottie only when he is about 2 years old.

Health-wise, the Rottweiler is prone to hip dysplasia, eye problems and cancer and if their diet is not proper, they are likely to catch all the viruses around. They usually have a very weak immune system and need a good and sustained vaccination schedule.
196 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Hawaii
Offline
Posted 11/14/08

KinkyHamster wrote:


Xarga wrote:

Have one of 13 years sleeping right behind me. I cant remember much specifics as far as taking care of him. The no-brainers obviously are a good diet ( puppy chow and dog chow is crap, stay away from that shit). plenty of excresise and what not. keep up to date with their shots and all that

I remember when we took him to his trainer he used Swiss cheese as a reward, apparently thats good for their coats ( not in excess though ).

Keep it in shape, as they have this stupid hereditary hip disorder ( like arthritis for dogs ) that will get to them in their later years.

Kick ass dogs though. . . GL

Why is there a dog sleeping behind you?
The after-ejaculation weariness came over him?
Bestiality is cool.




As much as you like to think so, I'm sure your mother will disagree. . .

and a dog is sleeping behind me because the dog is on the floor....behind me.....sleeping....while I'm on my computer.....explaining to somebody how bestiality isn't in the best interest of his family....

Wait, nvm thats a lie cause that just made WAY too much sense. . . lawl my bad =/
1258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Dark Realms
Offline
Posted 11/14/08 , edited 11/14/08

Teresa_Yuuki wrote:

In order to have a well-behaved dog, a lot of care should be taken to insure the Rottweiler is well socialized and well trained. There are many things that are involved in Rottweiler care and you have to make sure that Rottweiler training is done with the least amount of rough handling as possible. This dog also needs to respect its owner; hence it is not advisable to have a Rottweiler if you are not physically capable to control it. Female Rottweilers are a fraction easier to handle than their male counterparts.

The Rottweiler needs a lot of exercise and is usually happier outdoors than indoors. However, a Rottie can be as happy in an apartment as anywhere else provided he is exercised well. They are excellent at tracking, guarding, herding, and protecting property.

The Rottweiler puppies are great looking but they are a handful and very destructive since they always need to chew on something. When they are young they are awfully violent and can bite pretty hard but this can be controlled by constant checking. The best way to control these dogs is with sharp voice commands but some will however, need the rolled newspaper reinforcement (roll the newspaper to make a harmless, yet very loud ‘stick’).

This will carry on till about 6 to 8 months of age, when they shift their attention to furniture and anything it finds within its reach, such as toys, books, combs and any other type of articles. You can expect to have a totally trained Rottie only when he is about 2 years old.

Health-wise, the Rottweiler is prone to hip dysplasia, eye problems and cancer and if their diet is not proper, they are likely to catch all the viruses around. They usually have a very weak immune system and need a good and sustained vaccination schedule.


*so keeping him locked up in a cage as a pup is a big no,no?
*hmm, paperstick huh (/) check
*mom's not gonna be happy with the furniture chewing
*aw, they're that health sensitive?
TNX SO MUCH!



Xarga wrote:

Have one of 13 years sleeping right behind me. I cant remember much specifics as far as taking care of him. The no-brainers obviously are a good diet ( puppy chow and dog chow is crap, stay away from that shit). plenty of excresise and what not. keep up to date with their shots and all that

I remember when we took him to his trainer he used Swiss cheese as a reward, apparently thats good for their coats ( not in excess though ).

Keep it in shape, as they have this stupid hereditary hip disorder ( like arthritis for dogs ) that will get to them in their later years.

Kick ass dogs though. . . GL


13 yrs?! wow! yeah, our neighbor's rott died short before reaching 10yrs. kept him in the cage too much i guess, got bitten by something- then infected then he died T_T dont want that to happen to mine.TNX SO MUCH!

so what do you feed him usually? (good for the coat)
You still go to trainers? Thats a problem...I dont think we got any out here, can I train him myself then?
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 11/14/08
show your dominance

-dog whisperer from SP LOL
32215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Denver
Offline
Posted 11/14/08
My grandma's rottie was named Bogart. "Bogie" for short.
12079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / location location...
Offline
Posted 11/14/08
No personal threads... at least change the titles to dog training or pet training.

Don't hit your dog too much, don't spoil it too much.
Posted 11/14/08
my friend has a rotti too hes very cute ``
taking care of a puppy/dog is really expensive.. you have to give them a lot of shots, you have to buy food for them.
i have 2 puppies.. they're getting rabies shot soon~ haha they only know how to shake hands/high five/ jump/ sit
thats it~ haha XD
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 11/16/08
feed it a baby every 2 days or so.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.