First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Things you're curious bout asians? (that you've seen in their dramas/films)
328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Germany
Offline
Posted 11/16/08 , edited 11/16/08

kevin85 wrote:

i a curious why are they always being control by their parents or grand parents no matter how old they are


well for us asians, respect is the most important thing. and respect is combined with hierachie.




Ko-miyavi wrote:

Why do japanese enjoy taking baths together in a big group that cant understand

Also why do they soap up outside the tub wash off and then get in the tub



Well i am not from japan, but i think they wanna keep the bis "pool" clean. so they have to wash outside the tube. its like another kind of sauna
328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Germany
Offline
Posted 11/16/08 , edited 11/16/08

wow_08 wrote:

i'm curious why koreans always shout
when they are talking special
if someone's saying goodbye..



well, because of the vowels -> high tone, the korean language is kind of loud and noisy.

I compared it with german / vietnamese and english / french...
256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / asia
Offline
Posted 11/16/08
i/m curious why there are so many japanese series that revolves around school bullying..
is it really that rampant or common in their country?
1670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Somewhere..
Offline
Posted 11/16/08

sunshineee wrote:

IM CURIOUS WHY ALL OR MOST OF THE TAIWANESE DRAMAS ARE OVEREXAGGERATEDD.....


You think so too? I think it's because they are still working on it, like they don't really have that long of a history in drama productions like other countries such as the Japanese, so maybe they're still trying to find the best way that suits the whole cultural uniqueness and stuff...but then aren't all dramas are exaggerated, for example comedic Japanese dramas are VERY exaggerated in terms of facial expressions and many other impossible actions to achieve a comical effect (watch Nodame Cantabile for example XD)...
That's what I personally think tho...
372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Dhahran, Saudi Ar...
Offline
Posted 11/16/08
im curious, especially in japanese drama/movie... they prefer using flip phones. I like them too, i had one before, but it broke easily.
256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Land of the STARS
Offline
Posted 11/16/08

kawaii_me wrote:

i/m curious why there are so many japanese series that revolves around school bullying..
is it really that rampant or common in their country?



Yup, it is a shockingly growing phase in Japan.
There is a rising number of school bullying in Japan. Although there are authorities "Trying" to do something about it, with the amount of stress and pressure among school kids, it's kinda difficult to control school bullying.
256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Land of the STARS
Offline
Posted 11/16/08

Ko-miyavi wrote:

Why do japanese enjoy taking baths together in a big group that cant understand

Also why do they soap up outside the tub wash off and then get in the tub



It's called Onsen, or Hot Springs.
Ppl haf to wash off any dirt first as a sign of politeness? Cos i dun think you'll want to share a pool with someone who is dirty and have lots of scrims and dirts on their body right?
Hahaha, the hot springs are supposedly to have some medical effects like relaxing the body.
So, it's technically, not a bath. Haha, cos u cant soak in there for a long time, you'll faint in the heat. 10min max!
256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Land of the STARS
Offline
Posted 11/16/08

Jaquy wrote:


kevin85 wrote:

i a curious why are they always being control by their parents or grand parents no matter how old they are


well for us asians, respect is the most important thing. and respect is combined with hierachie.



Ya, i kinda agree. Haha, in an Asian parents' mind and concept (I think it's the same for most parents around the world)
Their kid will always be their kid/child (especially one who never grows up) in their eyes. That's how the controlling came about.
Cos their parents do not want their kids to grow up so soon. But when they do, sometimes it's a bit difficult to accept the fact that their kids can make up their mind. They just worry that their kids will go wayward, so, parents like to make the decisions for the child.

And in a good filial child's mind, one always haf to respect their elders, no matter how difficult it might be

304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 11/16/08
i'm really curious about those public baths in korea. can you really sleep and eat there? public baths are not common in my country. we have spas or hot springs but no public baths..
856 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / somewere hir and der
Offline
Posted 11/16/08
i'm curios why their so flawless?!
3229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Europe~
Offline
Posted 11/16/08
I wanna know why the girls don't hug back when the guy is hugging them... Hate it when they just stand there!

I wanna know why the guys always have to stand so close to eachother when the're mad/fighting? It looks like they're gonna kiss

I wanna know how the male actors can be so hot and the female actors be so beautiful... HOW IS IT POSSIBLE? THEY ARE NOT HUMAN!
256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / asia
Offline
Posted 11/16/08

yifan wrote:


kawaii_me wrote:

i/m curious why there are so many japanese series that revolves around school bullying..
is it really that rampant or common in their country?



Yup, it is a shockingly growing phase in Japan.
There is a rising number of school bullying in Japan. Although there are authorities "Trying" to do something about it, with the amount of stress and pressure among school kids, it's kinda difficult to control school bullying.


really?if that is so then i don't want to attend schooling there..
4568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / syd, Aus
Offline
Posted 11/16/08

kawaii_me wrote:


yifan wrote:


kawaii_me wrote:

i/m curious why there are so many japanese series that revolves around school bullying..
is it really that rampant or common in their country?



Yup, it is a shockingly growing phase in Japan.
There is a rising number of school bullying in Japan. Although there are authorities "Trying" to do something about it, with the amount of stress and pressure among school kids, it's kinda difficult to control school bullying.


really?if that is so then i don't want to attend schooling there..


bullying happens everywhere! i think it's becoming more common in modern society possibly due to increased influences through media as well....
i know for a fact it's not just japan. Australia has some bullying problems too....the past few yrs there are increased programs on teaching children about bullying...and talking to them about it in hopes of lowering it..(it does seem to help..somewhat)

answer to the bath thing. IN japan, it's not just the onsen, even in the baths at home (well...traditional ones anywayz, some japanese homes still have the traditional rooms etc, while others opt for the western style) you wash off first and then you step into the bath. The bath is shared (well used...not neccessarily at the same time) by all of the family. Soaking in the bath is not to clean oneself (as in western culture) but purely to relax =] and yeh, it's more hygenic, so they wash off before going into public baths, onsens etc. Japan is one of the cleanest countries i know ^_^
733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 11/16/08

sizar wrote:

I wanna know why the girls don't hug back when the guy is hugging them... Hate it when they just stand there!

I wanna know why the guys always have to stand so close to eachother when the're mad/fighting? It looks like they're gonna kiss

I wanna know how the male actors can be so hot and the female actors be so beautiful... HOW IS IT POSSIBLE? THEY ARE NOT HUMAN!


Q1. Usually in the movie the girls are sad, depressed or even angry at the guys and the guys just try to console her. If she is sad then she is too preoccupied to hug back =p

Q2. I was wondering about this as well....I think the producer is trying to safe the tape, so they squeeze both actors on the screen... lol....

Last question, 3 possibilities:
1. Wonders of make up
2. Plastic Surgery (very very common among Korean Celeb)
3. Both, hehehe
If they are not so gorgeous, they would not be able to hold the attention and get the sympathy from the audience lol....
206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / sg
Offline
Posted 11/16/08

shinelover wrote:


kawaii_me wrote:


yifan wrote:


kawaii_me wrote:

i/m curious why there are so many japanese series that revolves around school bullying..
is it really that rampant or common in their country?



Yup, it is a shockingly growing phase in Japan.
There is a rising number of school bullying in Japan. Although there are authorities "Trying" to do something about it, with the amount of stress and pressure among school kids, it's kinda difficult to control school bullying.


really?if that is so then i don't want to attend schooling there..


bullying happens everywhere! i think it's becoming more common in modern society possibly due to increased influences through media as well....
i know for a fact it's not just japan. Australia has some bullying problems too....the past few yrs there are increased programs on teaching children about bullying...and talking to them about it in hopes of lowering it..(it does seem to help..somewhat)

answer to the bath thing. IN japan, it's not just the onsen, even in the baths at home (well...traditional ones anywayz, some japanese homes still have the traditional rooms etc, while others opt for the western style) you wash off first and then you step into the bath. The bath is shared (well used...not neccessarily at the same time) by all of the family. Soaking in the bath is not to clean oneself (as in western culture) but purely to relax =] and yeh, it's more hygenic, so they wash off before going into public baths, onsens etc. Japan is one of the cleanest countries i know ^_^


sigh i was about to say that.... but u said it first XD
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.