First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Prove me wrong
Posted 11/16/08 , edited 11/16/08

kyoukoujin wrote:

Not everything revolves around you.
Some people are being a smart-ass or know-it-all that other people just decided to skip their posts once in a while.
I have been in CR since 2007; now, I have a new account. You don't see me complaining about my forum threads not being favored.

You also have to sell your posts... like a business advertisements. Take consider what KinkyHamster is doing. Even though it has no class, it still catches attention. duh

I'm very classy.
D:
Now that i think about it, i think two thirds of all my posts are quoted.
34510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Chillin damn it
Offline
Posted 11/16/08
ok most of the ppl dont read the fourm topics or even what da form is about and how to answer is, i do it sumtimes, so i cant prove u wrong, but i do read sumtimes if it looks like i will be interesed in the topic
688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
THE FUTURE
Offline
Posted 11/16/08

wrench246 wrote:


fishingsucks9 wrote:

I feel like people in crunchyroll don't even read most the posts. After I post something, about 10 other people would be posting at the same time, thus negating what I said. Your well typed and well thought out essay will suddenly be swarmed by a sea of simple "yes" and "no" answers, putting your essay in the middle of a 20 page thread. I feel like people only read the first and the last pages; no one really cares if you're a virgin or not, whether you hate dogs and cats.
This leads to my next point. There is really, very little discussion in the crunchyroll forums. Even when that rare time comes, the discussion is about something other than the prior topic and/or flame wars. I hardly consider one word answers discussion.

inb4 Why are you here if you don't like crunchyroll


Some threads are 100+ posts. Do you think it is practical to read every single post?


That's the point. No one reads every post, so well thought out arguments, funny humor, and new ideas become lost.
Posted 11/16/08

fishingsucks9 wrote:


wrench246 wrote:


fishingsucks9 wrote:

I feel like people in crunchyroll don't even read most the posts. After I post something, about 10 other people would be posting at the same time, thus negating what I said. Your well typed and well thought out essay will suddenly be swarmed by a sea of simple "yes" and "no" answers, putting your essay in the middle of a 20 page thread. I feel like people only read the first and the last pages; no one really cares if you're a virgin or not, whether you hate dogs and cats.
This leads to my next point. There is really, very little discussion in the crunchyroll forums. Even when that rare time comes, the discussion is about something other than the prior topic and/or flame wars. I hardly consider one word answers discussion.

inb4 Why are you here if you don't like crunchyroll


Some threads are 100+ posts. Do you think it is practical to read every single post?


That's the point. No one reads every post, so well thought out arguments, funny humor, and new ideas become lost.


Agree on that.

Yeah,I've noticed it as well.



485 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/16/08
A lot of these posters have the wrong idea about the OP's concern. He's not attention seeking, nor he is talking about posts that specifically reply to his posts. It's not a matter of hanging around the "Extended Discussion" just because you want a decent discussion... Rather, it's a bit pathetic that people posting on a forum aren't interested in discussing even simple things. There is zero discussion, there's just one-word, mindless answers. Discussion isn't always a matter of highly intellectual conversation about the meaning of life, or deep serious conversations. Posters here aren't even interested in discussing anime; one of the main things this site is known for. They'll post small replies about their favourite anime/character they're in love with, and stop there.

And because there are such simple answers overflowing every single topic, discussion becomes impossible, since every single post falls into the sea of "yes" "no" "naruto" "zero is hot". So every single poster going in feels as if they have to answer with a one word answer, because they see nothing else to discuss. That is, unless you spend an hour going through a thread to find a decent reply.
847 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Can-ada
Offline
Posted 11/16/08
You can always private message that shit. I mean, this is the internet, 1000's of points of view are put here every second. Why should you're post be more important then the next persons? Your asking shouldnt people read EVERY post, Im asky why should they?

So like i said, if you want a conversation, private message that shit.
847 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Can-ada
Offline
Posted 11/16/08
Keep in mind too, 14 year olds might not have to much to contribute to your massive body of knowledge.
Posted 11/16/08
So why don't we then get together and come up with some kinda club and have discussions.

11066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / nJ
Offline
Posted 11/16/08
i like your big words...lol
Posted 11/16/08
...............NO.....hows that 4 a long answer!?!?!?
688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
THE FUTURE
Offline
Posted 11/16/08

alcany wrote:

You can always private message that shit. I mean, this is the internet, 1000's of points of view are put here every second. Why should you're post be more important then the next persons? Your asking shouldnt people read EVERY post, Im asky why should they?

So like i said, if you want a conversation, private message that shit.


That just defeats the purpose of forums.
688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
THE FUTURE
Offline
Posted 11/16/08

baka2000 wrote:

A lot of these posters have the wrong idea about the OP's concern. He's not attention seeking, nor he is talking about posts that specifically reply to his posts. It's not a matter of hanging around the "Extended Discussion" just because you want a decent discussion... Rather, it's a bit pathetic that people posting on a forum aren't interested in discussing even simple things. There is zero discussion, there's just one-word, mindless answers. Discussion isn't always a matter of highly intellectual conversation about the meaning of life, or deep serious conversations. Posters here aren't even interested in discussing anime; one of the main things this site is known for. They'll post small replies about their favourite anime/character they're in love with, and stop there.

And because there are such simple answers overflowing every single topic, discussion becomes impossible, since every single post falls into the sea of "yes" "no" "naruto" "zero is hot". So every single poster going in feels as if they have to answer with a one word answer, because they see nothing else to discuss. That is, unless you spend an hour going through a thread to find a decent reply.


Yeah, thank you for this clarification. You got everything spot on.
13202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/16/08

KinkyHamster wrote:


kyoukoujin wrote:

Not everything revolves around you.
Some people are being a smart-ass or know-it-all that other people just decided to skip their posts once in a while.
I have been in CR since 2007; now, I have a new account. You don't see me complaining about my forum threads not being favored.

You also have to sell your posts... like a business advertisements. Take consider what KinkyHamster is doing. Even though it has no class, it still catches attention. duh

I'm very classy.
D:
Now that i think about it, i think two thirds of all my posts are quoted.


quoting this one for u haha.
7711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 11/17/08 , edited 11/17/08

fishingsucks9 wrote:

I feel like people in crunchyroll don't even read most the posts. After I post something, about 10 other people would be posting at the same time, thus negating what I said. Your well typed and well thought out essay will suddenly be swarmed by a sea of simple "yes" and "no" answers, putting your essay in the middle of a 20 page thread. I feel like people only read the first and the last pages; no one really cares if you're a virgin or not, whether you hate dogs and cats.
This leads to my next point. There is really, very little discussion in the crunchyroll forums. Even when that rare time comes, the discussion is about something other than the prior topic and/or flame wars. I hardly consider one word answers discussion.

inb4 Why are you here if you don't like crunchyroll



you know..
you're somehow right...
everyone here has same viewpoint as yours...
the point of divergence is that....nobody cares...

i mean..
if i post something like perhaps a forum...
i posted it for a reason...
"i want to say something and I want to know the opinion of the crowd regardless of class, age, race, citizenship, etc..."

as to the yes and no part..
whoever answers it...
i never cared... i just think that somehow...they aren't that competent to improve their perception..........

besides..CR shouldn't be taken seriously for me..
i go here frequently to relieve my stress of the noisy throng i'm in...
and of course to widen my perception in life....and of the online world..

as to negating you...
i won't do that..coz i did perceive what you want to portray about..
2469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Seattle, WA
Offline
Posted 11/17/08
no one wants to read a fuckin essay.. if u wanna say sumthin, make it short
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.