First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
asians and americans?
3788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / from east africa-...
Offline
Posted 11/24/08

ChinkoyMYX wrote:


jayfucanyon wrote:

this is my first response
so hope i dun get ban...

anyhoo...
i definitely dont speak for everyone, but the asians i know seem to admire the independent characteristic of "americans." for example, a Chad would get his own job to pay for clothes, car, cocaine etc... (minus the cocaine).

however, there is a difference between asians and asian-americans (think african vs african-american). i guess the cliffs notes version between the two would be the fact that while most asians (1st generation) consider themselves native to their country of origin, asian-americans (1.5, 2nd, 3rd, 4th generation) consider the US to be their home.

now back to the question, as stated above, most asians have a good impression of a typical "american" (independent, hard-working, etc...). but, on the other hand, there are also stereotypes of americans, which come from US tv, movies and other pop culture media (american pie, laguna beach, real world, etc...). there is a fine line between the two and sometimes its hard to distinguish.

anyway, rant rant rant... hope that helps.


SOMEONE BAN THIS GUY!!! HE SAID CHAD!


what does it mean?
182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 11/24/08
if i heard right then: Americans buy electronics and so on for Japan and China
182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 11/24/08
BUT every one thinks Americans are racist's and rude (most of them are) but not all are some are really cool and try to get to know where your form what kind of person you are what your cultures like and so on, but they give out the impression of being total assholes.
826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / U.S.
Offline
Posted 11/24/08
I had an Asian guy, can't remember his nationality, in one of my college math classes who everyone thought was really smart. I worked together with him one day for some group work (yes, you still do group work in college) and he was just like everyone else, confused, lol! I started to crack up, because I knew everyone in the class thought he got nothing but A's. I knew he didn't because I sat right behind him. I think that the stereotypes of Asians being smart can be good, but also hurtful. I've seen people "befriend" Asians all through school just because they thought they could use them to get good grades. However, its good, because when you go out looking for jobs and things like that, sometimes that will get you hired. Its all in how you use the stereotype.


1140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36
Offline
Posted 11/24/08
I agree with RACIST, When I went to the US for a trip, coming from Canada we just cross the border and hit up the first Mc D we saw and when we enter the restaurant these american was just staring like they never seen asian.. and i mean STAIRE... so badly that my friends and I ate in silence.... I also think American are inconsiderate, for example they love blaming the east for everything especiall harping on China... (the whole made in china being bad) when it's really thier own company commissioning factories in China to do the work.... so again inconsiderate and Racist.
821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / london
Offline
Posted 11/24/08
lame ... got no ideas how to make a film i mean they re-made MANY asian films ( Juno - bassed of jenny and juno.)
876 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / State College, PA
Offline
Posted 11/24/08
I'm American and I sadly agree with what a lot of people have said on here. I was lucky enough to have a dad who travels around the world for his job so I've always been interested in the cultures of other countries. It has also made me realize that America really has no culture of its own and I really hate that. I also agree with what people have said about the ego American's have. I hate the mentality around here that because we speak english, everyone else should speak english and very few here actually try to learn another country's language. But there are plenty of people here who are not racist and it's just really upsetting for me that those that are have ruined the country's image for the rest of us.
221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 11/24/08

bananapaws73 wrote:

I'm American and I sadly agree with what a lot of people have said on here. I was lucky enough to have a dad who travels around the world for his job so I've always been interested in the cultures of other countries. It has also made me realize that America really has no culture of its own and I really hate that. I also agree with what people have said about the ego American's have. I hate the mentality around here that because we speak english, everyone else should speak english and very few here actually try to learn another country's language. But there are plenty of people here who are not racist and it's just really upsetting for me that those that are have ruined the country's image for the rest of us.


I totally get what you mean about no culture, I live in the US but I was born in Colombia and we have a lot of traditions and when I mention them to my friends they all stare at me with a dumbfounded look.
173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / at yo window with...
Offline
Posted 11/24/08
im asian american. so is that asking what i think of myself? if so, im freakin awesome
97 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 11/24/08

khrys_t33n wrote:

some americans belittle asians..americans tend to think very superior whenever they mingle with the asians..they think we are dumb but i guess they don't know the real score between asians and americans..that's what i felt before when we have to interview an american for our thesis, one of our groupmate started asking questions and the american just acted as if we were really dumb about this and that thing so we decided to change out topic for our thesis..it was actually a long story, but i don't want to write down all the details about the racist issue..sorry, if i have offended some americans here in CR but that's the 1st thing that would come up in my mind if the topic is about them..



You are very ignorant ............most of the stuff you are not true.....you were being fooled by the media.....if you are an american it doesn't mean your white........americans are people who live in America.............not just white people.....i am a asain american and i know that most people are not like that......and we never say that we were supperior than you guys....you were just thinking that to yourself..............oh by the way never judge a person without knowing the truth..........hope you learn your lesson....bye
97 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 11/24/08

lauramrs wrote:


bananapaws73 wrote:

I'm American and I sadly agree with what a lot of people have said on here. I was lucky enough to have a dad who travels around the world for his job so I've always been interested in the cultures of other countries. It has also made me realize that America really has no culture of its own and I really hate that. I also agree with what people have said about the ego American's have. I hate the mentality around here that because we speak english, everyone else should speak english and very few here actually try to learn another country's language. But there are plenty of people here who are not racist and it's just really upsetting for me that those that are have ruined the country's image for the rest of us.


I totally get what you mean about no culture, I live in the US but I was born in Colombia and we have a lot of traditions and when I mention them to my friends they all stare at me with a dumbfounded look.


america does have a culture they are a multicultural nation remember this a country that is made up of differents kinds of people with different cultures


97 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 11/24/08

redmecha wrote:

I agree with RACIST, When I went to the US for a trip, coming from Canada we just cross the border and hit up the first Mc D we saw and when we enter the restaurant these american was just staring like they never seen asian.. and i mean STAIRE... so badly that my friends and I ate in silence.... I also think American are inconsiderate, for example they love blaming the east for everything especiall harping on China... (the whole made in china being bad) when it's really thier own company commissioning factories in China to do the work.... so again inconsiderate and Racist.


that just mean that they were shock seeing someone knew. maybe they had never seen an asian before. for example seeing your own people everyday and then seeing another person whos not your own kind would probably shock you.

716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / U.S.
Offline
Posted 11/24/08
please be careful with these forums..although i am american im not offended by anything posted here because its all your own opinions but some people are not as open minded as i am and it can be taken as very offensive to some..so please be careful when referring to "americans" as a whole. just a friendly reminder ^_^
298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 11/24/08
Ive seen the hate go both ways, people from other countries would come and talk shit,
the american people(white, black, latin,asian etc.) talks shit
im not saying everyone does it, but anyone who is bilingual would know this, because they all know what everyones saying to eachother lol
716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / U.S.
Offline
Posted 11/24/08
and please dont take a one time experience with an american as how all americans are.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.