First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Favorite Chapter
Creator
31116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Clow Country
Offline
Posted 12/7/07
For me it was the second one, Cosmonaut. I felt terrible for Kanae. She was drawn so innocently into Takaki's painful life, and ended up suffering a similar pain. She was such a sad character. I really wanted her to be happy.

So, now you guys: Oukashou, Cosmonaut, or Byousoku 5cm?
Posted 12/9/07
The third one 'coz it explains everything about their distances..
Member
292 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Candy land
Offline
Posted 12/9/07
Mmm I don't know they actually kiss in the first one xD

but I think Id hve to go with the second =P
Moderator
28072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / wanna be in land...
Offline
Posted 12/17/07
I m going with the second one too. Third segment's way too depressing..... We see Takaki, in his messy room, lighting up a cigarette, shoulders hunched. From his body language we can sorta surmise that he's just living his life one day at a time and not having too much interest in it.....

Hope I m remembering the correct sequence as I saw it some time back and have watched many other stuff since then (mostly films & dramas).
Creator
31116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Clow Country
Offline
Posted 12/17/07

msilky wrote:

I m going with the second one too. Third segment's way too depressing..... We see Takaki, in his messy room, lighting up a cigarette, shoulders hunched. From his body language we can sorta surmise that he's just living his life one day at a time and not having too much interest in it.....

Hope I m remembering the correct sequence as I saw it some time back and have watched many other stuff since then (mostly films & dramas).


That's exactly what I got from it. I think that Takaki was completely lost by the third segment. He didn't know what to do with himself. He was just waiting, hoping something would happen.
Moderator
3011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / lost in a sea of...
Offline
Posted 12/22/07
I prefer the third, he seemed the most mature
Moderator
28072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / wanna be in land...
Offline
Posted 12/24/07

luckystars1 wrote:

I prefer the third, he seemed the most mature


Mature yes, but depressed [with a capital D] with the reality and grind of everyday life too.

Creator
31116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Clow Country
Offline
Posted 12/24/07
Takaki was at his lowest throughout most of the third chapter. He'd suffered the pain of a life of constant waiting. He was only really "mature" at the end of the arc, when he could finally smile and accept things. I thought the most mature person was Akari, but I don't like her for some reason. It's not her fault, there's nothing wrong with her, she's just... I don't know. I guess it's because we don't see her making any effort at all to reunite with Takaki. She doesn't even seem to care.
Member
9940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / 不明
Offline
Posted 12/26/07
Mine is the Oukasho, it's so romantic...travel all the way just to see the girl he wants to see xD, the third one is good too but it's a said ending... rejecting the girls, just to take a promise when their little xD
Moderator
28072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / wanna be in land...
Offline
Posted 12/26/07

mikeel wrote:

Mine is the Oukasho, it's so romantic...travel all the way just to see the girl he wants to see xD, the third one is good too but it's a said ending... rejecting the girls, just to take a promise when their little xD


Hai, it was zettai romantic lol. Me on the other hand thought the second chapter was way cool... ; )
Creator
31116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Clow Country
Offline
Posted 12/26/07

msilky wrote:


mikeel wrote:

Mine is the Oukasho, it's so romantic...travel all the way just to see the girl he wants to see xD, the third one is good too but it's a said ending... rejecting the girls, just to take a promise when their little xD


Hai, it was zettai romantic lol. Me on the other hand thought the second chapter was way cool... ; )
It was. The music was the best as well. I think the track I liked in particular was called "A Poem of Skies and Sea." That moment where Kanae finally rides the wave. Beautiful.

Moderator
28072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / wanna be in land...
Offline
Posted 12/26/07

winsomemastix wrote:


msilky wrote:


mikeel wrote:

Mine is the Oukasho, it's so romantic...travel all the way just to see the girl he wants to see xD, the third one is good too but it's a said ending... rejecting the girls, just to take a promise when their little xD


Hai, it was zettai romantic lol. Me on the other hand thought the second chapter was way cool... ; )
It was. The music was the best as well. I think the track I liked in particular was called "A Poem of Skies and Sea." That moment where Kanae finally rides the wave. Beautiful.


Very beautiful...and they even made the wave looked so alive! I really like how Kanae conquered her fear and uncertainty and was able to ride the wave eventually from sheer determination...so inspiring!! Her character brings to mind another spunky female lead Makoto in The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. Go watch it soon if you havent, dont put it off any longer ne? Sugoi stuff.
Creator
31116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Clow Country
Offline
Posted 12/26/07

msilky wrote:
Very beautiful...and they even made the wave looked so alive! I really like how Kanae conquered her fear and uncertainty and was able to ride the wave eventually from sheer determination...so inspiring!! Her character brings to mind another spunky female lead Makoto in The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. Go watch it soon if you havent, dont put it off any longer ne? Sugoi stuff.


Sucks that she had her heart crushed shortly thereafter though... that kills me, yet also makes it my favorite chapter. I watched The Girl Who Leapt Through Time a week or two ago. Kanae is quite similar. They both have pretty sad stories too.
Member
100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 12/28/07
i really liked the third episode because it reveals the true message that the director wants to give to his audience eventhough i really liked that the two childhood sweetheart to be together.
Posted 12/30/07

marro_danae wrote:

i really liked the third episode because it reveals the true message that the director wants to give to his audience eventhough i really liked that the two childhood sweetheart to be together.


^yea.. quite through.. Mr Shinkai wants to tells us that when people parts there is still a possibility that they can meet again..
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.