First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Regarding Crunchyroll and the visions of anime in 2009.
9584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / In Memphis, with...
Offline
Posted 11/20/08

serpentura wrote:


riku911 wrote:


serpentura wrote:


HayatellAyasaki wrote:

Otakus: are overly obsessive fans, but nothing like that has been seen in America our Europe like it is frequent in Japan
.


please watch this and let me know what you think about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CirgVj8Baw



why in the freaking world do you have to bring this back


LOL just wan to tell the OP that there are even worse kinds of otakus than japanese


Ha ha ha I get your point. It make us all feel embarrassed. xD
1850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / think about it ur...
Offline
Posted 11/20/08

7285Paul7285 wrote:

lol couldn't u put that in a spoiler bar? ur post was HUGE! but i agree with u and really? cr is gonna take off subbed anime?


tottaly agree with u I mean I didnt even read it

Erehe 
5156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Heretic's Keep
Offline
Posted 11/20/08
One of the main reasons why CR became famous was because it was one of the first sites where subbed anime are uploaded, What would happen to CR if these subbed anime were to be banned? Because frankly, The anime Toei is featuring is either crap or something that's repeated on TV channels worldwide all over again, It would be quite sad to say this but as early as now, It's time to move to Veoh if CR is indeed serious with their plan.
6983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada eh
Offline
Posted 11/20/08

anime-girl208 wrote:


7285Paul7285 wrote:

lol couldn't u put that in a spoiler bar? ur post was HUGE! but i agree with u and really? cr is gonna take off subbed anime?


tottaly agree with u I mean I didnt even read it



me niether waaaay too long i just read the first paragraph or 2
9584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / In Memphis, with...
Offline
Posted 11/20/08

thenatureofthings wrote:

I read through that and didn't find much that I disagreed with. It's actually pretty interesting to see someone patient enough to spend the time to type out their full opinion. I enjoyed reading the op :)


Thank you very much.
Posted 11/21/08

HayatellAyasaki wrote:




The anime subculture started out in Japan and slowly spreading across the seas thanks to the internet by many, yet small groups

This is a lie, The Japanese animation was first seen in North America under different name in 1963, by a pioneer publisher named Fred Ladd. He first licensed 104 out of 193 episodes of Tetsuwan Atomu/鉄腕アトム, dubbed as Astro Boy in North America(http://www.awn.com/mag/issue1.5/articles/deneroffladd1.5.html). The anime subculture, however, didn't took shape until almost 20 years after, when the first generation of anime fans, who then had grown to be adults.


It also came out to be even more popular thanks to some groups of fanatics across the world with the creation of “fan subbing groups,”

This is a lie. Though the origin was never clearly mentioned then, but anime series like Mach GO GO GO, Gatchamen, Uchū Senkan Yamato, Golion, Seijūshi Bisumaruku, Chō Jikū Yōsai Makurosu, Chōjikū Kidan Sazan Kurosu and Kikō Sōseiki Mosupīda were all broadcast on North American TV network under different names. They were respectfully Speed Racer, Battle of the Planets, Star Blazers, Votron, Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs, and the last three titles were known as the Robotech Trilogy. North America itself had more anime exposure than most other continents, but that didn't mean they were the only ones. South America had a strong grass roots with Go Nagai's Super Robot Series like Mazinger Z and Getter Robo, while the Central Europe and Arabia had UFO Robo Grendizer, aka Goldorak. These all happened before the emergence of fansubs.

Here's a fun fact, the North American Transformers: Generation 1 by the toy company Hasbro, was a cartoon meant to promote the then Hasbro licensed Japanese toy line Diaclone and Micro Change, manufactured Takara Co., Ltd.


A public that assimilated anime as part of their lives as time passed by and soon enough made out of it what people tend to call ‘the anime subculture.’

This is a lie. Japanese animation wasn't even a significant part of the average Japanese lifestyle. Whan makes anime a subcultural experience was because the Japanese fans of anime only represent a minor part of their national culture, which is why it's a "subculture".


Subculture(anime) that also carried many bad things within. It was the origin of Hentai, word that literally means ‘abnormality’ referring to sex, or perversion. Basically a part of the subculture known as anime, the hentai refers to the sexually explicit group of pornographic material, such as video games, anime and manga.

This is a misconception, the Japanese word Hentai/変態 itself is a real word meanig "abnormality" of any kind, and it existed long before anime subculture.


All popularized thanks to the many Otakus, that not generalizing, are many individuals who idolize such perverted part of the anime subculture. Not all Otakus do that of course, however it is true that many do, all thanks to anime as well. Another example of how something good can be turned into something bad.

Otakus: are overly obsessive fans, but nothing like that has been seen in America our Europe like it is frequent in Japan. Many of them obsessed with hetai, lolicon and many other perversions that have nothing to do with our culture in the way of animation. Do you think it is logic to want to have sex with anime children? I don’t. Otakus, referring to hentai are basically other product of the anime subculture in the people, so much that hentai itself is a subculture of the anime subculture.

This is a misconception. The Japanese word Otaku/おたくitself has no real meaning except the stereotypical concepts that the people and the mass media tend to subject itself with.


That is simply the idea of certain individuals who wish to popularize and promote it for purely monetary purposes.

This is a lie. You cannot market any culture, you can only experience it. By definition, culture is the full range of learned human behavior patterns. These patterns can be classified into social, historical, political, legal, industrial, economical, and even spiritual aspect of human live study, aka anthropology.


What does this means? This means they are viewers, we are consumers. They offer anime via broadcasting in Japan. They offer us expensive DVD sets, that are not only poor in quality and useless material (who wants shitty dubs? Another excuse to make us think that is why it is so expensive), but also old anime from five to seven years before.

“The anime we get, and since the beginning did, was that anime that stopped been that popular in Japan. Why not squeeze some more money out of it? Let’s buy it in the American market as DVDs, afterall they never saw these series.” Can you imagine that scenario? It sounds pretty real, and logically possibly business-talking.

This is, for a lack of better word, complete BS. A conspiracy without real facts nor sound reasoning, filled with empty, presto intellects without understanding of copyright act.


People interested with anime are merely fans, but not die-hard fans like Otakus in Japan. Otakus in America are simply fans, people who like anime and some others that think they can’t live without it. (Another misconception of the supposed assimilation and strength-gaining anime subculture in America.) But you know what? We can live without anime, because it is not part of our culture, it is just part of the Japanese culture. And no matter how hard some people try, they will never be Japanese.

This is once again, for a lack of better word, complete BS. Without real understanding on both otaku and culture. This is just once again a conspiracy without real facts nor sound reasoning, filled with empty, presto intellects without understanding that you don't need to be anything but yourself in order to experience culture.

Take dinning experience for example; I can go to a Chinese, Japanese, Mexican, Greece, Italian, East Indian, or even a Russian restaurant and order a meal, and I get to experience their culture through my dinning experience, without me changing my nationality.


Subbed anime won’t be accepted as of January 2009.

Thin is a lie. Subbed anime will still be accepted by crunchyroll. only now they will only be coming straight from the anime studios with subtitles done by themselves.


To the star users, and the ones that contribute(monetarily) to this site. Are you, star users, keep on contributing to this Crunchyroll even if your favorite shows aren’t allowed here?

Let me elaborate. Are you willing to pay for old anime, and just a few new ones?

This is a fear tactic. As more and more anime studios, publishers, broadcast stations, and even licensing companies join crunchyroll, the number of anime series both new and old will increase steadily.


Hell even our most trustworthy “anime news network” ANN is been supported by anime companies. How can we believe in that?

This is a misconception. It is because Anime News Network is a legitimate news source, that's why they will only report the truth about anime subculture, including how poorly the anime industries like anime studios and licensing companies are doing. If ANN lied to us, then they'll be violating the internet defamation law(http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=latestnews&id=1874), by damaging the reputations of several anime industries with their lies.

Also, by telling this much misconceptions and lies, this CR users is clearly violating the internet defamation law by publishing this post.


Ultimately we end up buying a DVD boxsets, which front art is actually good, the description sounds okay. But once we watch it turns out to be total shit, what can we do about it? It costs us a month of savings just to realized how crappy it was.

This is a personal opinion and a lie. There's no fact to prove that all anime DVD box set are like that. I just recently purchased the complete region 1 Tetsujin 28 box set licensed by the now bankrupted Geneon Entertainment for $39.95CAN. That's a total of 26 subbed and dubbed episodes in one single purchase. In Canada, most licensed complete anime DVD box sets cost around $50 to $120CAN, and that's without in store special discount.


I am simply stating some facts that you need to know before accepting anime 100% sure of it.

Obviously this is an obvious lie for obvious reason.


This takes me back to the otakus, the original ones from Japan. They spend thousands in anime figures, posters, t-shirts, clocks, plushies, you name it. But what are those goods for? They just waste space in your room? What? Will you exhibit your collection of expensive PVC dolls to your friends? Then what?

Maybe anime is a proud subculture in Japan and Asia, but our culture seems to contradict the possible integration of anime into our lives.

That is a lie. Those behaviors that this CR user described about his so call "otakus", are obvious behavior pattern for a culture that's based on popularity and consumerism. Which ironically, is the very core of the American consumer culture since the 1920's:
http://www.yale.edu/ynhti/curriculum/units/1979/2/79.02.06.x.html
http://teachingamericanhistorymd.net/000001/000000/000129/html/t129.html
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Society/Dead_Zone.html
http://www.libraryindex.com/pages/126/American-Consumer.html


What will the anime industry do to promote anime as a subculture of good things?

A cultural experience is nether good nor bad, it's based on the people who are experiencing it.


There is no place for anime subculture in our culture as in the way that it will be recognized as one by others than otakus, or wapanese themselves,

That is a lie. This CR user only described to us a consumer culture on anime, which is no different than the American consumer culture, where simply put, the average Americans will consume something if it's popular enough, no matter how bad it is. The fast food giant that is McDonald, is a prime example of the American consumer cultural behavior.
Posted 11/21/08

nexaz wrote:


Anime studios produce it-> they sell or offer it to T.V. stations-> sponsors pay for their product to be announced or advertised during the show->people watch the show and the ads->people buy the products advertised in the anime show = Everybody earns money.


This is the only one that I could comment one because this is the one I know the best.

Points:
- Anime that goes on the television has to pay for the time slot. The Anime is just a paid advertisement media paid for by a sponsor. This completely renders the first arrow to something that has not been thoroughly checked, thus a misconception.
- The sponsors are the ones that are calling the shots, not the studios. Adding to the first statement, the studios main budget is from sponsors as the studios are small and have been heavily downsized to even afford it. Yes, the advertisements are the ones mainly paying for the Anime.
- The ones that Anime studios have is their license to the show, maybe some subcontract, but even then they get very little.
- The sponsors are very happy for fansubs due to the free advertisement that has been going on (mainly on the Japanese front), though this will not go well with the defenseless, weak studios whose main profit is from the DVD sales. Why buy the DVD if you can have the show for free?
- This is just my own opinion on the last arrow. If the sponsors are making bank on free advertisement, like business and social Darwinism, why pay more to the studios if you can take from them to benefit oneself. Yes, the logic can go, if the advertisement is making a lot that they should give more to the studios to produce more Anime and such. But as I stated, business is business, and oppression is a big chunk of it. Why share, if you can have it all?
- Everybody is happy? Well seeing from the recent news with Gonzo, I don't think that everyone is happy or making as much money as they wanted; this is also taking in consideration that the executive positions is in itself getting sacked. "Breaking even, maybe, per se."

Correct me, with sources, if I made any misconceptions.


That's correct, for most anime studios who are working as subcontractor like Gonzo, and as a subdivision company like Sunrise, A-1 Picture, Kyoto Animation, Toei, J.C. Staff and etc.
Posted 11/21/08

redhairedsamurai wrote:

start watching avatar-the last air bender, great anime. the best thing about it is that you don't have to waste your time reading the subtitles because it's English dubbed. i hope all animes are English dubbed so i won't have a hard time reading the subtitles, that makes me wanna focus more on the story and the content itself.


lol why it should be dubbed == if it is dubbed it doesn't feel like it is anime and the voices are screwed and they are always cutting the best parts away >__>
32118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / England
Offline
Posted 11/21/08
lol if u think im reading that guess again but the pic at the start was pretty funny lamo cosplay
9747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/21/08

ichido_naru wrote:

(so many words...)
i dont really understand it 100% but....
hmm.. i'm not a japanese(though i am asian), and anime is not my culture, and yes, i can LIVE without anime, (since i'm not a fanatic, though it'll be kind of depressing.. since i like it a lot...)
but i really want to watch it, since in my country, the favoured anime must be completed be4 they show it in here. and the worst part is that its dubbed. though i have animax in my tv, its showing less interesting animes, even animes that i dont like anymore.... only a few are good NOW. (like Xxxholic, KKM 2,etc.) and these are just repetitions.
to me, original Anime DVDs in my country are really expensive, and are pretty hard to find (i mean if you want to search for AN anime. if you want random anime, then its pretty easy..)
and thats exactly why i'm so thankful 4 fansubbers.


how big are u boobs?
Posted 11/21/08

redhairedsamurai wrote:

start watching avatar-the last air bender, great anime. the best thing about it is that you don't have to waste your time reading the subtitles because it's English dubbed. i hope all animes are English dubbed so i won't have a hard time reading the subtitles, that makes me wanna focus more on the story and the content itself.


Well, aside from the fact that Avatar: The Last Airbender(http://www.nick.com/shows/avatar/index.jhtml) was an American animated television series by Nickelodeon. I do agree that I too find subtitles distracting, to a point that I can't even make out the story plot without pausing. I want real acting and drama, in a spoken language that I can fully understand and appreciate.
Posted 11/21/08

Baka-Master wrote:


redhairedsamurai wrote:

start watching avatar-the last air bender, great anime. the best thing about it is that you don't have to waste your time reading the subtitles because it's English dubbed. i hope all animes are English dubbed so i won't have a hard time reading the subtitles, that makes me wanna focus more on the story and the content itself.


lol why it should be dubbed == if it is dubbed it doesn't feel like it is anime and the voices are screwed and they are always cutting the best parts away >__>


Why can't I demand real acting and drama, in a spoken language that I can understand and appreciate for my anime? The kind of real acting and drama, that's approved by the original anime series' creators, the anime studios, when they transferred the copyright for their work to licensing companies, thus to ensure their copyrighted materials are 100% legit and protected?
9584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / In Memphis, with...
Offline
Posted 11/21/08 , edited 11/21/08

DomFortress wrote:




First of all this is an informative matter, not one of your famous "What I say is 100% legit information, and that is the bottomline cause I say so" threads.

Second, I don't take it too personal so do you, but I won't allow you to directly attacking me like I was flaming your mother, or your family. Because I am not, respect my points and the information, that objective or subjective I am in the right to express myself.



]



The anime subculture started out in Japan and slowly spreading across the seas thanks to the internet by many, yet small groups
"


This is a lie, The Japanese animation was first seen in North America under different name in 1963, by a pioneer publisher named Fred Ladd. He first licensed 104 out of 193 episodes of Tetsuwan Atomu/鉄腕アトム, dubbed as Astro Boy in North America(http://www.awn.com/mag/issue1.5/articles/deneroffladd1.5.html). The anime subculture, however, didn't took shape until almost 20 years after, when the first generation of anime fans, who then had grown to be adults.


What is a lie? You clearly have stated that people didn't embrace anime subculture yet, but until this present effort of crunchyroll to make that happen. Isolated cases of anime in America were clearly there since it became even popular. But they are then again not even significant.

Anime subculture isn't even here. It is online, but not in America as a specific region, like the case of Japan.







It also came out to be even more popular thanks to some groups of fanatics across the world with the creation of “fan subbing groups,”


This is a lie. Though the origin was never clearly mentioned then, but anime series like Mach GO GO GO, Gatchamen, Uchū Senkan Yamato, Golion, Seijūshi Bisumaruku, Chō Jikū Yōsai Makurosu, Chōjikū Kidan Sazan Kurosu and Kikō Sōseiki Mosupīda were all broadcast on North American TV network under different names. They were respectfully Speed Racer, Battle of the Planets, Star Blazers, Votron, Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs, and the last three titles were known as the Robotech Trilogy. North America itself had more anime exposure than most other continents, but that didn't mean they were the only ones. South America had a strong grass roots with Go Nagai's Super Robot Series like Mazinger Z and Getter Robo, while the Central Europe and Arabia had UFO Robo Grendizer, aka Goldorak. These all happened before the emergence of fansubs.

Here's a fun fact, the North American Transformers: Generation 1 by the toy company Hasbro, was a cartoon meant to promote the then Hasbro licensed Japanese toy line Diaclone and Micro Change, manufactured Takara Co., Ltd.


What is a lie? Anime was always known as cartoons in America, and certainly not proper anime in South America. It only became popular as 'anime' thanks to the work of the fan subbing groups, whether you like it or not.




"
A public that assimilated anime as part of their lives as time passed by and soon enough made out of it what people tend to call ‘the anime subculture.’


This is a lie. Japanese animation wasn't even a significant part of the average Japanese lifestyle. Whan makes anime a subcultural experience was because the Japanese fans of anime only represent a minor part of their national culture, which is why it's a "subculture".


This is not a lie. Your argument completely contradicts itself. It is a subculture of the fans that made anime part of their lives, such as you for example. Although you are not Japanese you look at anime and promote it as a subculture in the fine meaning of the term.






Subculture(anime) that also carried many bad things within. It was the origin of Hentai, word that literally means ‘abnormality’ referring to sex, or perversion. Basically a part of the subculture known as anime, the hentai refers to the sexually explicit group of pornographic material, such as video games, anime and manga.


This is a misconception, the Japanese word Hentai/変態 itself is a real word meanig "abnormality" of any kind, and it existed long before anime subculture.


This is not a misconception in the context of anime. Hentai is not a respectful word, even in Japan. It is also one of the bad things that anime subculture carries along, and no matter how many arguments people state, it certainly won't help in the inclusion of anime in our culture.




"
All popularized thanks to the many Otakus, that not generalizing, are many individuals who idolize such perverted part of the anime subculture. Not all Otakus do that of course, however it is true that many do, all thanks to anime as well. Another example of how something good can be turned into something bad.

Otakus: are overly obsessive fans, but nothing like that has been seen in America our Europe like it is frequent in Japan. Many of them obsessed with hetai, lolicon and many other perversions that have nothing to do with our culture in the way of animation. Do you think it is logic to want to have sex with anime children? I don’t. Otakus, referring to hentai are basically other product of the anime subculture in the people, so much that hentai itself is a subculture of the anime subculture.


This is a misconception. The Japanese word Otaku/おたくitself has no real meaning except the stereotypical concepts that the people and the mass media tend to subject itself with.


Again, this is not a misconception. It would be out of the context of hentai, but since it is in the context of hentai, your objection simply is not valid.






That is simply the idea of certain individuals who wish to popularize and promote it for purely monetary purposes.


This is a lie. You cannot market any culture, you can only experience it. By definition, culture is the full range of learned human behavior patterns. These patterns can be classified into social, historical, political, legal, industrial, economical, and even spiritual aspect of human live study, aka anthropology.


What is a lie? Anime is not a culture. You cannot market a culture, that is a fact. I never affirmed such thing. You are deviating from the point making it look different.

It's all about business. You popularize and promote one product to make it sell, same goes with anime. It is promoted taking advantage of anime as a subculture to sell it. Just a business move. I am not saying it is bad though, so don't misunderstand me. Such is the business world.






What does this means? This means they are viewers, we are consumers. They offer anime via broadcasting in Japan. They offer us expensive DVD sets, that are not only poor in quality and useless material (who wants shitty dubs? Another excuse to make us think that is why it is so expensive), but also old anime from five to seven years before.

“The anime we get, and since the beginning did, was that anime that stopped been that popular in Japan. Why not squeeze some more money out of it? Let’s buy it in the American market as DVDs, afterall they never saw these series.” Can you imagine that scenario? It sounds pretty real, and logically possibly business-talking.


This is, for a lack of better word, complete BS. A conspiracy without real facts nor sound reasoning, filled with empty, presto intellects without understanding of copyright act.


Again this is a business move. This is not a conspiracy, it's a logical point of view. Why did't we get new anime over here but until several years later? You can give all the excuses, or facts you want, however that doesn't change the fact that it's all due business.

You seem to enjoy calling everybody "presto intellects" but you are one yourself, and pretty much well know all over these forums.







People interested with anime are merely fans, but not die-hard fans like Otakus in Japan. Otakus in America are simply fans, people who like anime and some others that think they can’t live without it. (Another misconception of the supposed assimilation and strength-gaining anime subculture in America.) But you know what? We can live without anime, because it is not part of our culture, it is just part of the Japanese culture. And no matter how hard some people try, they will never be Japanese.


This is once again, for a lack of better word, complete BS. Without real understanding on both otaku and culture. This is just once again a conspiracy without real facts nor sound reasoning, filled with empty, presto intellects without understanding that you don't need to be anything but yourself in order to experience culture.

Take dinning experience for example; I can go to a Chinese, Japanese, Mexican, Greece, Italian, East Indian, or even a Russian restaurant and order a meal, and I get to experience their culture through my dinning experience, without me changing my nationality.


Once again your best excuse so far. This is not a conspiracy. You resort to call people the same "presto intellects," great excuse coming from a person who relies all his arguments based on all he finds on google.

You change the original points from your more convenient ones. But here is what that paragraph means, and nothing will change that fact:
We can live without anime. Our lives won't end without it. Anime is not part of our culture. It might have been adopted as "part of the culture" of a selected bunch. But by no means it is part of ours.

We should be proud of our culture instead of wanting to adopt someone else's.


An apology to those who take this too personal, but it is the truth. I don't know of a single person who has died out of the lack of anime, unless the commited suicide.







Subbed anime won’t be accepted as of January 2009.


Thin is a lie. Subbed anime will still be accepted by crunchyroll. only now they will only be coming straight from the anime studios with subtitles done by themselves.


This is not a lie. Simply because your misconception, or your change on points make it seem like a mistake. In the context this refers to "subbed anime, work of fan subbing groups" It is more than evident, unless you are simply trying to prove everything wrong. I do believe everybody here has noticed the meaning of that, except you.







To the star users, and the ones that contribute(monetarily) to this site. Are you, star users, keep on contributing to this Crunchyroll even if your favorite shows aren’t allowed here?

Let me elaborate. Are you willing to pay for old anime, and just a few new ones?


This is a fear tactic. As more and more anime studios, publishers, broadcast stations, and even licensing companies join crunchyroll, the number of anime series both new and old will increase steadily.


This is simply a subjective question, I clearly stated it. Maybe your ego is too bright to blind you, but this thread was created, and posted way before shinji made the news public. So you have no real basis to directly acuse me, and attack me.

I work for no anime studios, and I am not in the side of fans, or defending any kind of piracy in this context. I clearly stated it.







Hell even our most trustworthy “anime news network” ANN is been supported by anime companies. How can we believe in that?


This is a misconception. It is because Anime News Network is a legitimate news source, that's why they will only report the truth about anime subculture, including how poorly the anime industries like anime studios and licensing companies are doing. If ANN lied to us, then they'll be violating the internet defamation law(http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=latestnews&id=1874), by damaging the reputations of several anime industries with their lies.

Also, by telling this much misconceptions and lies, this CR users is clearly violating the internet defamation law by publishing this post.


This is a misconception? Well ANN is been certainly supported by anime companies. How can you deny that fact?

Also, by telling this much I am not doing what you were doing all this time. I am giving credit to facts and personal opinions, I am respecting every person's opinion. And unlike you, I am not insulting directly, or indirectly other users.







Ultimately we end up buying a DVD boxsets, which front art is actually good, the description sounds okay. But once we watch it turns out to be total shit, what can we do about it? It costs us a month of savings just to realized how crappy it was.


This is a personal opinion and a lie. There's no fact to prove that all anime DVD box set are like that. I just recently purchased the complete region 1 Tetsujin 28 box set licensed by the now bankrupted Geneon Entertainment for $39.95CAN. That's a total of 26 subbed and dubbed episodes in one single purchase. In Canada, most licensed complete anime DVD box sets cost around $50 to $120CAN, and that's without in store special discount.


This is a personal opinion, yet it is not a lie. You put your example of one anime, one that maybe you forgot to mention, but it's four years old. So your answer is simply a personal opinion, and a convenient one at that.







I am simply stating some facts that you need to know before accepting anime 100% sure of it.


Obviously this is an obvious lie for obvious reason.


Obviously you always are in 'intellect presto mode' with no objective basis whatsoever.







This takes me back to the otakus, the original ones from Japan. They spend thousands in anime figures, posters, t-shirts, clocks, plushies, you name it. But what are those goods for? They just waste space in your room? What? Will you exhibit your collection of expensive PVC dolls to your friends? Then what?

Maybe anime is a proud subculture in Japan and Asia, but our culture seems to contradict the possible integration of anime into our lives.


That is a lie. Those behaviors that this CR user described about his so call "otakus", are obvious behavior pattern for a culture that's based on popularity and consumerism. Which ironically, is the very core of the American consumer culture since the 1920's:
http://www.yale.edu/ynhti/curriculum/units/1979/2/79.02.06.x.html
http://teachingamericanhistorymd.net/000001/000000/000129/html/t129.html
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Society/Dead_Zone.html
http://www.libraryindex.com/pages/126/American-Consumer.html



That is not a lie.How can you prove it? You aren't even Japanese. Probably a Japanese-otaku wannabe but not an Otaku, in the sense of Japanese otaku. You however pointed one valid point, which amaze me, the pattern is the same, yes. But by no means at the same escale. Ask people here, how many will present those same patterns?

Or do you have your room full of PVC figures, posters, anime plushies, etc? You are a representative of anime subculture in our continent, aren't you?








What will the anime industry do to promote anime as a subculture of good things?


A cultural experience is nether good nor bad, it's based on the people who are experiencing it.


As any subculture it will carry it's bad things along. That is one of the reasons of why anime subculture fails in our society. Whether you enjoy it or not, society is the one to judge, sadly. You are simply avoiding the question because there is not a definite answer that will support your "self-promoting anime subculture in America."






There is no place for anime subculture in our culture as in the way that it will be recognized as one by others than otakus, or wapanese themselves,


That is a lie. This CR user only described to us a consumer culture on anime, which is no different than the American consumer culture, where simply put, the average Americans will consume something if it's popular enough, no matter how bad it is. The fast food giant that is McDonald, is a prime example of the American consumer cultural behavior.



No, the lie is the one you are living inside your head. It doesn't matter how good it is for the like of the fans. Our American culture, as a continent again, won't accept whatever fails to our moral, and perspective standards.

I am not saying anime is wrong. Think about it. Nudes are okay for Japanese audiences in most cases, it's not a crime. Show a scene of nudes with no sex involved and you will have at least 89% of the senators advocating for the avolition of anime. Maybe you are too proud to admit it. Maybe the frail and failing law in Canada would let it slip, as you pointed, but not in America.

Posted 11/21/08
Did anyone notice that Dom's first thread took place in a matter of days before CR's announcement? Hey Dom..Did you cash your CR paycheck yet?
Posted 11/21/08

DomFortress wrote:


Baka-Master wrote:


redhairedsamurai wrote:

start watching avatar-the last air bender, great anime. the best thing about it is that you don't have to waste your time reading the subtitles because it's English dubbed. i hope all animes are English dubbed so i won't have a hard time reading the subtitles, that makes me wanna focus more on the story and the content itself.


lol why it should be dubbed == if it is dubbed it doesn't feel like it is anime and the voices are screwed and they are always cutting the best parts away >__>


Why can't I demand real acting and drama, in a spoken language that I can understand and appreciate for my anime? The kind of real acting and drama, that's approved by the original anime series' creators, the anime studios, when they transferred the copyright for their work to licensing companies, thus to ensure their copyrighted materials are 100% legit and protected?


lol thats a point ^^ but i am meaning why it should be english?? look at those anime who are licensed and hear those screwed voices? o_o
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.