First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply [Hangout] Otaku Cafe!
Moderator
2717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / behind you ☆
Offline
Posted 11/19/08 , edited 12/4/08
"Okaerinasai, goshujin-sama!"

Grab a meron pan and have a chat with fellow anime fanatics~

What animes have you guys been watching recently?
Your top 10 favourite anime guys/girls?
Which anime OSTs have been on repeat playback in your playlist?

On the other hand - which anime endings do you absolutely hate?!
Ever had an anime character whom you'll like to bash upside down?

From time to time I'll update this post with recently popular animes, or my personal favourites, as well as names of regulars, so please hangout and talk~ Let's make the thread active, everyone!

P.S. It is a good idea to keep wall of texts or spoilers under the spoiler tags ^_^

Latest update: Winter 2008 - 2009 Animes!
Check the list here: http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/8016/winter08wo9.jpg (warning: very big picture)

Personally I'll be looking forward to Minami-ke Okaeri the most, since Minami-ke has always been my favourite anime. The rest I'm rather unfamiliar with and by the looks of it I won't be checking out much except for White Album, unless I get a recommendation.
Member
467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / somewhere
Offline
Posted 11/19/08
*noms on a melonpan*
My obsession's been Soul Eater for a while.
Posted 11/19/08
Most of the animes veron has posted I am watching/planning to.

Well, Ga-rei -Zero- seems to be promising for this season. Its about people getting rid of evil spirits and the action is pretty good. The anime is a prequel to the manga ^^
Posted 11/19/08 , edited 11/19/08
I hated the ending for Shugo Chara. Yeah, it was expected to have a season 2, but they could have came up with a more "appealing" ending. Plus the fillers after the Dia Arc bored me to tears. Idk if I'll continue watching Doki, since it's gonna be another season where 3/4 of the episodes are gonna be lame fillers. Plus I try to stay away from animes that has rabid fangirls =_=;;;
Posted 11/19/08

Silmeria42696 wrote:

I hated the ending for Shugo Chara. Yeah, it was expected to have a season 2, but they could have came up with a more "appealing" ending. Plus the fillers after the Dia Arc bored me to tears. Idk if I'll continue watching Doki, since it's gonna be another season where 3/4 of the episodes are gonna be lame fillers. Plus I try to stay away from animes that has rabid fangirls =_=;;;



That's true. There were quite a number of unnecessary fillers. But some fillers has character development and we can find out more on certain characters that "last" throughout the series(for now); Those aren't too bad. But it was pretty obvious they weren't going to the the embyro too quickly.
Posted 11/19/08

Reminia wrote:

That's true. There were quite a number of unnecessary fillers. But some fillers has character development and we can find out more on certain characters that "last" throughout the series(for now); Those aren't too bad. But it was pretty obvious they weren't going to the the embyro too quickly.


Yes, but some fillers has chara-develop,ent for characters that last only 1 - 2 tops - episode(s)! Now that is an unecessary filler. Honestly, the seeing-the-embryo and the just-about-to-catch-it-but-it-escaped-at-the-last-minute is getting really tiring now (at least for me). It's so preditable that it makes me cry. No doubt one of them is gonna end up with it. My bet is Amu's gonna get the embryo, but use it for someone else's wishes. Whether she gives Tadase or Ikuto the embryo, I dunno.

I gotta say I'm starting to lose interest in SC/Doki
Posted 11/19/08 , edited 11/19/08

Silmeria42696 wrote:

Yes, but some fillers has chara-develop,ent for characters that last only 1 - 2 tops - episode(s)! Now that is an unecessary filler. Honestly, the seeing-the-embryo and the just-about-to-catch-it-but-it-escaped-at-the-last-minute is getting really tiring now (at least for me). It's so preditable that it makes me cry. No doubt one of them is gonna end up with it. My bet is Amu's gonna get the embryo, but use it for someone else's wishes. Whether she gives Tadase or Ikuto the embryo, I dunno.

I gotta say I'm starting to lose interest in SC/Doki


That's true as well. I have a hunch that the embryo isn't what it seems/never existed.
Moderator
1884 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / a place where red...
Offline
Posted 11/19/08
im quite fond of vampire knight guilty i think it has more twist than the first season^^ love the OP and ending song of it!^^

Im currently watching onepiece right and still have a long way to go and still catching up all my unfinished animes^^ i hope crunchy uploads fast because its always late one day or another..grrr, [
Moderator
2717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / behind you ☆
Offline
Posted 11/20/08
*gives out more meron pans*
What drinks would you guys like? :D


shadowthedemoniccat wrote:

*noms on a melonpan*
My obsession's been Soul Eater for a while.


Haha, Soul Eater sounded interesting to me but I didn't really give it a try ><


Reminia wrote:

Most of the animes veron has posted I am watching/planning to.

Well, Ga-rei -Zero- seems to be promising for this season. Its about people getting rid of evil spirits and the action is pretty good. The anime is a prequel to the manga ^^


Oh, which anime are you watching?

Hm, I'm not a very big fan of action D:

Oh and regarding the embryo..



Silmeria42696 wrote:

I hated the ending for Shugo Chara. Yeah, it was expected to have a season 2, but they could have came up with a more "appealing" ending. Plus the fillers after the Dia Arc bored me to tears. Idk if I'll continue watching Doki, since it's gonna be another season where 3/4 of the episodes are gonna be lame fillers. Plus I try to stay away from animes that has rabid fangirls =_=;;;

Hm, I seldom treat endings of a certain season as endings when it directly continues to the next season so maybe I wasn't so affected. But I have to agree that the fillers were really annoying. I almost wanted to give up on SC!D but I had to keep watching since Nadeshiko was supposed to be coming back.

Currently it's picking up a little, but my interest in it has definitely dropped.


serenity_13 wrote:

im quite fond of vampire knight guilty i think it has more twist than the first season^^ love the OP and ending song of it!^^

Im currently watching onepiece right and still have a long way to go and still catching up all my unfinished animes^^ i hope crunchy uploads fast because its always late one day or another..grrr, [


Ah yes there are more twists but I kind of miss some of the funny scenes from the first season. Vampire Knight has one of the best OPs and EDs xD

Hm, why not try other websites that uploads anime as well?




Posted 11/20/08
Yeah I know it has ><
But my unintelligent self says that it is not the embryo.
Don't bother listening to me though >D
Member
21162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Singapore, Yishun
Offline
Posted 11/20/08 , edited 11/20/08
Currently watching:

...nothing. Any suggestions, please?

Currenly reading (manga):

Doubt



Top 5 anime guys and girls:

#1: Definitely Ulquiorra XD Ooh, smexy Arrancar body XD
#2: Death The Kid. He's funneh.
#3: Meroko. Tsundere. The best.
#4: C.C. I just like her. I dunno why.
#5: Lelouch Vi Britannia. Another hot (and twisted) guy XD
Posted 11/20/08
Ah... as for characters, I like a lot of them. I can't decide about rankings, seriously.

But here are some:

Suzumiya Haruhi (maybe Kyon too) - SHnY
Osaka (Azumanga)
Lelouch - Code Geass
C.C. - Code Geass
Konata - LS
Fuuko (Clannad)
Sumino (KNIY)
Horo - Spice and Wolf
Kyonko (Not exactly official...)
Moderator
1884 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / a place where red...
Offline
Posted 11/20/08

kisstheclouds wrote:


Ah yes there are more twists but I kind of miss some of the funny scenes from the first season. Vampire Knight has one of the best OPs and EDs xD

Hm, why not try other websites that uploads anime as well?



im still thinking about it because the videos hir at crunchy dont usually buffs and and has faster players.^^ whats the menu of the day??



Moderator
2717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / behind you ☆
Offline
Posted 11/21/08
CloeGirl
Mmh, what genres do you like?

O: That manga sounds cool.. but I've been afraid of scary manga every since I read Uzumaki >_>

Aviana
:D AH YES. HARUHI. -waves Haruiist badge proudly-

serenity_13
Oh hm, the site that I sometimes go is pretty fast too, not as fast as CR but only a couple of minutes slower usually.

Today we're having Onigiri and Dango! :D

Top 10 Girls:
~ Suzumiya Haruhi (SHnY)
~ Minami Chiaki (Minami-ke)
~ Nagato Yuki (SHnY)
~ Tsukimiya Ayu (Kanon)
~ Aisaka Taiga (Toradora)
~ Sakagami Tomoyo (Clannad)
~ Ichinose Kotomi (Clannad)
~ Hiiragi Kagami (Lucky Star)
~ Fujibayashi Kyou (Clannad)
~ Furude Rika (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)

Top 5 Guys:
~ Takishima Kei (Special A)
~ Touya/Tooya (Ayashi no Ceres)
~ Suou Tamaki (OHSHC)
~ Kiryuu Zero (Vampire Knight)
~ Tsukiyomi Ikuto (Shugo Chara!)


Posted 11/21/08
*munches on dango*

Those people veron (kisstheclouds) mentioned are pretty lovable as well, excluding those from series I never watched before
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.