Gran Turismo 5
11675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Suita, Osaka, Japan
Offline
Posted 12/7/07


Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is the next game to be released by Polyphony Digital and SCE for the PlayStation 3, both on Blu-ray Disc and on the PlayStation Store. First announced at E3 2007, the game will be released in Japan on December 13th, 2007 (a downloadable demo arrived October 20th) and on February 19, 2008 in North America. The game will feature over 50 cars, 5 tracks, and 16-player online play. [1]. In October 2007 it was revealed on the Top Gear website that their test track would be one of the new tracks in GT5.[2]

1235 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 12/7/07

TheGoat wrote:



Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is the next game to be released by Polyphony Digital and SCE for the PlayStation 3, both on Blu-ray Disc and on the PlayStation Store. First announced at E3 2007, the game will be released in Japan on December 13th, 2007 (a downloadable demo arrived October 20th) and on February 19, 2008 in North America. The game will feature over 50 cars, 5 tracks, and 16-player online play. [1]. In October 2007 it was revealed on the Top Gear website that their test track would be one of the new tracks in GT5.[2]





yea take this game for an example, I doubt if they make this for the Nintendo Wii, it would be superior like the PS3 version.

cause u can only put 9-10 GB on a DVD disc compare to putting 50GB of stuff on a Blu Ray Disc.


Same game for two system lolz but Sony version will have more stuff and better graphic.
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 12/7/07
Sweet... but I've always hated the fact that they have to release crummy "sneak peak" versions before releasing the full-fledged version. It's just prolonging the agony...

As far as the Wii is concerned, I think this game is to "simulation" to be placed on the Wii. The Wii was meant to be enjoyed ~ a sort of "escape" from reality, if you will. I doubt this game will even come near the Wii, and it's not because of any technicalities regarding how it will be played or how it will even fit in a DVD disc.

Plus, as a fan of the GT series, graphics mean little to me. It's all in the handling and the "feel" of the simulation. The "pit crew" add on added a nice little touch in the last installment (and more so in previews of this one), but I still want to know if they've improved the quality of how different cars handle and how spec tweaks can really bring out different effects in the car. This has always been GT's strong point from the beginning, not the graphics.
11675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Suita, Osaka, Japan
Offline
Posted 12/7/07


Plus, as a fan of the GT series, graphics mean little to me. It's all in the handling and the "feel" of the simulation. The "pit crew" add on added a nice little touch in the last installment (and more so in previews of this one), but I still want to know if they've improved the quality of how different cars handle and how spec tweaks can really bring out different effects in the car. This has always been GT's strong point from the beginning, not the graphics.

well put.... its sooo sick looking and more cars mean more competition...but..it comes out soon in Japan, but I want it NOW!! =P..
1235 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 12/7/07

edsamac wrote:

Sweet... but I've always hated the fact that they have to release crummy "sneak peak" versions before releasing the full-fledged version. It's just prolonging the agony...

As far as the Wii is concerned, I think this game is to "simulation" to be placed on the Wii. The Wii was meant to be enjoyed ~ a sort of "escape" from reality, if you will. I doubt this game will even come near the Wii, and it's not because of any technicalities regarding how it will be played or how it will even fit in a DVD disc.

Plus, as a fan of the GT series, graphics mean little to me. It's all in the handling and the "feel" of the simulation. The "pit crew" add on added a nice little touch in the last installment (and more so in previews of this one), but I still want to know if they've improved the quality of how different cars handle and how spec tweaks can really bring out different effects in the car. This has always been GT's strong point from the beginning, not the graphics.




yea something like that but i'm not talking about releasing it for the Wii or not. I'm just saying that if they did make this game for both the Wii and PS3, Than the PS3 version would be more superiror. More POWERRRR.
11675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Suita, Osaka, Japan
Offline
Posted 12/7/07
and seriously cant wait to race the Top Gear test track!!
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 12/7/07

XsYackosX wrote:


edsamac wrote:

Sweet... but I've always hated the fact that they have to release crummy "sneak peak" versions before releasing the full-fledged version. It's just prolonging the agony...

As far as the Wii is concerned, I think this game is to "simulation" to be placed on the Wii. The Wii was meant to be enjoyed ~ a sort of "escape" from reality, if you will. I doubt this game will even come near the Wii, and it's not because of any technicalities regarding how it will be played or how it will even fit in a DVD disc.

Plus, as a fan of the GT series, graphics mean little to me. It's all in the handling and the "feel" of the simulation. The "pit crew" add on added a nice little touch in the last installment (and more so in previews of this one), but I still want to know if they've improved the quality of how different cars handle and how spec tweaks can really bring out different effects in the car. This has always been GT's strong point from the beginning, not the graphics.




yea something like that but i'm not talking about releasing it for the Wii or not. I'm just saying that if they did make this game for both the Wii and PS3, Than the PS3 version would be more superiror. More POWERRRR.



I hear you. But Polyphony wouldn't do that... As far as choosing the system was concerned, they're pretty screwed since their agreement only allows them to release games on Sony consoles... but I think this was a decision that left little concern for the company. Above all, I think they're happy that the PS3 was released with the specs that it had. They jumped on the project right when initial prototypes of the PS3 were released. Remember Gran Turismo Vision, anybody? That preview was sweet...
1235 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 12/7/07

edsamac wrote:


XsYackosX wrote:


edsamac wrote:

Sweet... but I've always hated the fact that they have to release crummy "sneak peak" versions before releasing the full-fledged version. It's just prolonging the agony...

As far as the Wii is concerned, I think this game is to "simulation" to be placed on the Wii. The Wii was meant to be enjoyed ~ a sort of "escape" from reality, if you will. I doubt this game will even come near the Wii, and it's not because of any technicalities regarding how it will be played or how it will even fit in a DVD disc.

Plus, as a fan of the GT series, graphics mean little to me. It's all in the handling and the "feel" of the simulation. The "pit crew" add on added a nice little touch in the last installment (and more so in previews of this one), but I still want to know if they've improved the quality of how different cars handle and how spec tweaks can really bring out different effects in the car. This has always been GT's strong point from the beginning, not the graphics.




yea something like that but i'm not talking about releasing it for the Wii or not. I'm just saying that if they did make this game for both the Wii and PS3, Than the PS3 version would be more superiror. More POWERRRR.



I hear you. But Polyphony wouldn't do that... As far as choosing the system was concerned, they're pretty screwed since their agreement only allows them to release games on Sony consoles... but I think this was a decision that left little concern for the company. Above all, I think they're happy that the PS3 was released with the specs that it had. They jumped on the project right when initial prototypes of the PS3 were released. Remember Gran Turismo Vision, anybody? That preview was sweet...



and further more, if game developer make games for all 3 system, I would doubt that both the wii and 360 would be superiror like the PS3 version.

I mean with blu ray disc they can put more stuff in the PS3 version.
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 12/7/07
^ Might be safe to say... but who knows. Each game is permitted to be changed ever so slightly, if they were to "fit" into the console that they'd be released on. Perhaps graphics would be downgraded if GT5 were to be released on the Wii (which would mean quite a lot, despite the fact I said graphics don't really matter, for me), and handling would be a bit odd, using the new controller. That said, a wheel would prevail over the use of a controller (primary choice for any hardcore GT fan), and that would completely escape the point of releasing it on the Wii, altogether.

As far as the XBOX 360 is concerned, I can't say much... I think it'd be criticized with other titles on the system, instead of being criticized as a game, in itself. The graphics may have minimal differences, but I think handling on a PS3 controller (assuming people don't use a wheel controller) would be much more natural versus an XBOX 360 controller.


EDIT to below:


CoExist wrote:
I'm hoping they come out with a GOOD steering wheel even if its on the PS3 with a six axis controller. I want a steering wheel with a damn clutch and shifter, its pissing me off how no one comes out with this.

The game is going to be absolutely fantastic and amazing. They are adding a drift theme to it which is gonna be loads of fun. I really wish they would add body kits...


Put that together with a cabin and original Recaro racing seat, and you're in GT heaven...

I don't know about the body kits. I kinda like the original race track feel if we can limit the body kits to the standards used in racing. Perhaps having the option to edit decals or create custom designs (quite like that in Auto Modellista waay back in the PS2) would be a nice touch to personalize things a bit.
1235 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 12/9/07
Blu Ray disc is a better choice if u wanna make a game longer and with more feature. 50 GB u can put hours of cutscene
11675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Suita, Osaka, Japan
Offline
Posted 12/9/07
if they were to add a clutch and shifter they would have to change the game and almost practiclly start from scratch....well, as far as the driving characteristics go..
You must be logged in to post.