First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
If God exists then y is the world so f***ed up?
2037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Vault 15, New Cal...
Offline
Posted 11/22/08

taxingjiant wrote:
i'm not blaming god for all the mess that we've caused.
i'm saying if god really did exist then y didnt "He" help or stop us from doing all this to His "wonderful world" He created?!? let's c... maybe cause he doesnt exist in da first place ==;


So you're saying we actually need someone else to stop us from whatever wrong thing we do when we have the will to do so? Yes God is omnipotent but He does not want man to be a robot in this world, since the only way to stop man from wrongdoing is to eliminate his will. (Yeah,yeah, quite religious. Flame me for this just like the rest, I'm just presenting my point thank you.) Simply put, man is responsible for all this mess (ninja'd).


if god really did exist then y doesnt He help us!!

Open question. Not my thing to answer, sorry.


y are there still tens of thousands of pplz dying everyday of starvation??

Blame poverty for that. The roots of which are corruption, idleness, etc. There's a lot of factors and unfortunately, I can't enumerate them all.


y is there war still going on in da world?

Man is a very advanced species so expect bloody competition. Anyway, it's not God or any of us who starts wars--politicians do.


global warming, animals getting endangered and being extinct??

Homo sapiens is the manager of this establishment called "World". Due to his lack of good managerial skills, he ended up feeding himself at the expense of World's facilities and equipment.


does that mean all the pplz who committed crime are all going to hell??

No, not all of them. Man can change and be forgiven. It's not like criminals die on the spot after the crime, giving them a nice shortcut to Hell.

That's it people. No forcing of personal ideologies please.
4095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 11/22/08
the gods are powerful, but not omnipotent. Odin gave us life, but that does not mean he can control us. humanity sets its own course, and faces the consequences of its actions.

Geirröth chose to torture Grimnir, Agnar chose to spare him. who ended up impaled on their own sword?
200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76
Offline
Posted 11/22/08
Cause god wants you to suffer
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 11/22/08

MEMPHADON wrote:

the gods are powerful, but not omnipotent. Odin gave us life, but that does not mean he can control us. humanity sets its own course, and faces the consequences of its actions.

Geirröth chose to torture Grimnir, Agnar chose to spare him. who ended up impaled on their own sword?




Now that is a lot more logical than the Christian beliefs for real! (just makes more sense.)

I am an atheist and looking into religion from a non-religious point of view the Norse religion and there concept of God or Gods just make more sense and is more likely than the Christians god.

Posted 11/22/08

taxingjiant wrote:

wat i heard from my friend is that, god wants peace, violence and chaos is a sin! if god really did exist then y doesnt He help us!! y are there still tens of thousands of pplz dying everyday of starvation?? y is there war still going on in da world? global warming, animals getting endangered and being extinct?? does that mean all the pplz who committed crime are all going to hell??


try to reflect with this one..

Sa Kambas ng Lipunan (The Canvas of Society)
Posted 11/22/08 , edited 11/22/08
Because "it's God's way" , that's what a real Christian would say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*sigh* another topic about religion....
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/22/08
Actually, we would say it is because of sin in the world and the world not relying on God. He always delivers those who trust Him.
475 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / france
Offline
Posted 11/22/08
because humans are living in and they are far to be perfect
2633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / New York City, NY
Offline
Posted 11/22/08

digs wrote:

Actually, we would say it is because of sin in the world and the world not relying on God. He always delivers those who trust Him.


I wish the Black Plague victims had your spunky attitude!
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 11/22/08 , edited 11/22/08

scarlet_tears wrote:

Assuming that God does exist...

God isn't doing these stuff. You might notice that its the people who make the wars. Its the people who make themselves hungry because they aren't working.. ok, that might not be true to everyone. but its a really long logic. it boils down to the people.. its the people who causes global warming.. this "was" paradise.. until we ruined it..


People in the world aren't hungry because they don't necessarily "work". Sure, there are those who are hungry because they refuse to work and use all form of currency on drugs, but that's a very small percentage of the urban population. Think 3rd world countries where the money is being funneled to people who don't need it and the poor stay poor. They stay poor and hungry regardless of how hard they work. You're correct on the aspect of "we ruined it", but generally not many people know who exactly ruined it. And generally, when you do learn about who causes all the suffering in the world, you guys reject the idea as impossible because you're so sheltered in your spoiled propaganda defined ideologies.


I find it ironic how when good things happen, it's all God. When bad things happen, it's because of either the devil's influence or because we humans suck.

I'm not going to go into itty bitty details because these arguments never go anywhere; but all I'm going to say is that most religion, not only that of the Abraham God, generally makes no sense.
8211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 11/23/08
Because besides God, theres the Devil too.
200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76
Offline
Posted 11/23/08
God hates you OP
4557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bermuda Triangle
Offline
Posted 11/23/08
Because if everything was perfect, at least the way this topic seems to imply, the world wouldn't be perfect. It'd be worse.

If we suffered no negative consequences for our actions then we'd be uncareful, unthoughtful, selfish beings. Plus nature would have to alter itself for our conveniences like if we'e about the fall off a cliff those sharp rocks at the bottom would break our fall as if they were pillows. Again we'd never learn from our mistakes and we'd never become better people from that.
As for poverty born children, those born handicap at the start, and the such it's not God's fault, it's the parent's fault. I know that sounds cruel but think for a moment. If your parents died with some financial debt it's passed on to you right? Life works the same way to. If your parents somehow got stuck behind the starting line when you were born so will you. As for the born handicap, was just probably mutation done during the pregnancy. If the mother didn't harbor her child well or was in poor health to begin with, then she reaps what she sows.

If you want to live in a perfect world with no sin then heaven is there for you, but you have to work for it. It's not like once you're part of the club then you get to reap all the benefits. Heaven is for the sinless so even if you're a christian and accepted Christ, you're not guarenteed a straight trip to heaven. Purgatory is there for those bound for heaven but still have some forgotten sins that weren't paid while on earth. From there you go to heaven.
4557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bermuda Triangle
Offline
Posted 11/23/08

makix wrote:


scarlet_tears wrote:

Assuming that God does exist...

God isn't doing these stuff. You might notice that its the people who make the wars. Its the people who make themselves hungry because they aren't working.. ok, that might not be true to everyone. but its a really long logic. it boils down to the people.. its the people who causes global warming.. this "was" paradise.. until we ruined it..


People in the world aren't hungry because they don't necessarily "work". Sure, there are those who are hungry because they refuse to work and use all form of currency on drugs, but that's a very small percentage of the urban population. Think 3rd world countries where the money is being funneled to people who don't need it and the poor stay poor. They stay poor and hungry regardless of how hard they work. You're correct on the aspect of "we ruined it", but generally not many people know who exactly ruined it. And generally, when you do learn about who causes all the suffering in the world, you guys reject the idea as impossible because you're so sheltered in your spoiled propaganda defined ideologies.


I find it ironic how when good things happen, it's all God. When bad things happen, it's because of either the devil's influence or because we humans suck.

I'm not going to go into itty bitty details because these arguments never go anywhere; but all I'm going to say is that most religion, not only that of the Abraham God, generally makes no sense.


You're probably arguing with a Fundametalist. Don't bother debating with them. Read my post above this one, it might clarify some things for you.
Posted 11/23/08
It's a test.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.