First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
why do some people feel threatened by intelligence?
263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/8/09
maybe its because it makes them realize how stupid they are.
4330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Soul Society
Offline
Posted 3/8/09

Hayato_Gokudera333 wrote:

maybe its because it makes them realize how stupid they are.

lol. though it kinda sounds mean, ur opinions pretty funny...
2279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Omnipresent
Offline
Posted 3/8/09
It's a beautiful thing IMO.

One with an open and bold mind is bound to be interesting to me. There should not be any negatives upon an intelligent person. One who is both evil and smart at the same time, is more of a shitless person than an intelligent person.
263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/8/09

Escha wrote:


Hayato_Gokudera333 wrote:

maybe its because it makes them realize how stupid they are.

lol. though it kinda sounds mean, ur opinions pretty funny...


well, thank you m'lady.
Kiki's Customer Support Service
Kiki 
100410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Nova Scotia
Offline
Posted 3/8/09
lol. I have never known anyone who looks down upon a person with high intelligence. If anything I envy them and see them as my mentor.
263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/8/09

JacopeX wrote:

It's a beautiful thing IMO.

One with an open and bold mind is bound to be interesting to me. There should not be any negatives upon an intelligent person. One who is both evil and smart at the same time, is more of a shitless person than an intelligent person.

if youre talking about me, thank you. if youre not talking about me, then i agree.

6362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
In Ambiguity
Offline
Posted 3/8/09
Intelligence is somewhat equivalent to fire. Fire is perceived two ways, admired and reciprocated for its warmth or ostracized and depreciated for fear of getting scorched. There are the handful of intellects who unnecessarily love to elucidate the fact they are in fact well-learned and should be respected as one did mention in the earlier posts, they did take the time to study in that bailiwick. Some however, are unassuming and are colloquial but are intellects nonetheless. Now it's a matter of questioning yourself (I'm not referring to the topic initiator rather generally pertaining to her/his question), "Why do I fear intelligence?" Is it because you're afraid of capitulating to those of greater cognition or are you afraid of being admonished for ignorance?

And why would people purportedly inferior 'look down' on individuals more intelligent than them? That's the problem with ignorance, people are unreceptive to knowing something new. Remember there's no harm in asking someone in their field of expertise something that you're unfamiliar with, refusal to this request would generally make them a A-hole but more often than not they're willing to divulge on the matter of interest.
263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/8/09

johdirockette wrote:

Intelligence is somewhat equivalent to fire. Fire is perceived two ways, admired and reciprocated for its warmth or ostracized and depreciated for fear of getting scorched. There are the handful of intellects who unnecessarily love to elucidate the fact they are in fact well-learned and should be respected as one did mention in the earlier posts, they did take the time to study in that bailiwick. Some however, are unassuming and are colloquial but are intellects nonetheless. Now it's a matter of questioning yourself (I'm not referring to the topic initiator rather generally pertaining to her/his question), "Why do I fear intelligence?" Is it because you're afraid of capitulating to those of greater cognition or are you afraid of being admonished for ignorance?

And why would people purportedly inferior 'look down' on individuals more intelligent than them? That's the problem with ignorance, people are unreceptive to knowing something new. Remember there's no harm in asking someone in their field of expertise something that you're unfamiliar with, refusal to this request would generally make them a A-hole but more often than not they're willing to divulge on the matter of interest.

amazing. what a deep answer. claps
Posted 3/8/09
^ i agree
Posted 3/8/09
^ I feel these two comments are utterly pointless, and they shouldn't have posted.

I suppose it's for various reasons. The one i can think of now would be the threat of the 'intelligent' one defeating the one who feels threatened in some way. A major example would be hitler, he wanted the scholars, and the 'intelligent' to be killed first, because he feared they would be the ones to speak out or do something to ruin his plans first. Or at least, that's the reason I understand.
I think it just comes down to jealousy. If you are envious you feel threatened due to your pride, or become self conscious from it, these negative feelings that are caused by someone else's intelligence are in a way a threat, to your own well-being.
263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/8/09

cerisey wrote:

^ I feel these two comments are utterly pointless, and they shouldn't have posted.

I suppose it's for various reasons. The one i can think of now would be the threat of the 'intelligent' one defeating the one who feels threatened in some way. A major example would be hitler, he wanted the scholars, and the 'intelligent' to be killed first, because he feared they would be the ones to speak out or do something to ruin his plans first. Or at least, that's the reason I understand.
I think it just comes down to jealousy. If you are envious you feel threatened due to your pride, or become self conscious from it, these negative feelings that are caused by someone else's intelligence are in a way a threat, to your own well-being.

the first part of your post reminds me of the dragon king aka the first emperor of china. he was afraid people will go against him so he burned down libraries, the works.
and the second part of your post... it just proves what i said is right. they just dont want to look stupid which they are.
Posted 3/9/09

Hayato_Gokudera333 wrote:


cerisey wrote:

^ I feel these two comments are utterly pointless, and they shouldn't have posted.

I suppose it's for various reasons. The one i can think of now would be the threat of the 'intelligent' one defeating the one who feels threatened in some way. A major example would be hitler, he wanted the scholars, and the 'intelligent' to be killed first, because he feared they would be the ones to speak out or do something to ruin his plans first. Or at least, that's the reason I understand.
I think it just comes down to jealousy. If you are envious you feel threatened due to your pride, or become self conscious from it, these negative feelings that are caused by someone else's intelligence are in a way a threat, to your own well-being.

the first part of your post reminds me of the dragon king aka the first emperor of china. he was afraid people will go against him so he burned down libraries, the works.
and the second part of your post... it just proves what i said is right. they just dont want to look stupid which they are.


um, thanks. I don't feel it necessarily means they are stupid though, maybe they just don't feel as smart. Either way.
7895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / ~_
Offline
Posted 3/27/09
really???
well...i dont know

for me, intelligence is very important so... why feel threatened???
7269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / south east asia..^^
Offline
Posted 3/27/09
hmmm...jealousy may be the reason...
..people around talk more about those who are smarter and they just feel left out..or things like that..
Posted 3/27/09
Knowledge is a weapon, there's always somebody who is intellectually superior. With the knowledge I have I could really manipulate people.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.