First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Indian movies
Posted 1/27/09

samo0318 wrote:


I1II1II1I wrote:


INDIAN FOOD IS THE SHIT!!


*salivating furiously (drool)* God! That IS some great stuff. Mmmmmmmm....now I am hungry.


gotta love it

my all time favorite : kal ho na ho
134 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/27/09
Indian movies can be cliche and overdone w/ songs.
however, there are some great movies out there that shouldn't be overlooked!
some of the most memborable ones, in my opinion, are:

Older ones:
- Hera Pheri
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
- Kabhi Kushi Kabhi Ghum
- Lagaan
- Pyar To Hona Hi Tha

Kinda old:
- Kal Ho Naa Ho
- Hum Tum
- Koi Mil Gaya
- BLACK

Recent ones:
- Bhool Bhuliayaa
- Race
- Taare Zameen Par
- Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Naa
- Ghajini


for ppl who have problems w/ songs in movies, get over it.
besides, a song can be more meaningful if u know the story built around it, and a movie does just that.

oh, and someone mentioned the movie Bride and Prejudice?
i apologize, but that is not a true bollywood movie.
it's very different in various aspects and i don't think it has a bollywood feel.
16213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/27/09
um...i REALLYYYY wanna watch the one that just won an award...its about a guy who suddnely gets rich? Mad dog.....? lol. i 4got what its called....help?
152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 1/27/09
i luv hindi movies my fav is khabi khusie khabie gham louv shahrukh and kajol as a couple.
142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/27/09 , edited 1/27/09

HeavensGoddess wrote:

um...i REALLYYYY wanna watch the one that just won an award...its about a guy who suddnely gets rich? Mad dog.....? lol. i 4got what its called....help?


It's called Slumdog Millionaire, here's the link to watch the movie online: http://bollystic.com/Bollywood/showMovie.php?id=1019
550 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / philippines
Offline
Posted 1/29/09
the closest indian movie ive seen is one world cheetah girls hahahah
16213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/6/09

XshamshirX wrote:


HeavensGoddess wrote:

um...i REALLYYYY wanna watch the one that just won an award...its about a guy who suddnely gets rich? Mad dog.....? lol. i 4got what its called....help?


It's called Slumdog Millionaire, here's the link to watch the movie online: http://bollystic.com/Bollywood/showMovie.php?id=1019


:D thnx!!
234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / U.S.
Offline
Posted 3/18/09

I1II1II1I wrote:


INDIAN FOOD IS THE SHIT!!


Indian cuisine is one of the most popular cuisines across the globe. The cuisine is popular not only among the large Indian diaspora but also among the mainstream population of North America and Europe. In 2003, there were as many as 10,000 restaurants serving Indian cuisine in the United States alone. A survey held in 2007 revealed that more than 1,200 Indian food products have been introduced in the United States since 2000. According to Britain's Food Standards Agency, Indian food industry in the United Kingdom is worth £3.2 billion, accounts for two-thirds of all eating out and serves about 2.5 million British customers every week.
Butter Chicken, also known as Murgh Makhani, is a popular dish in Western countries and Arab world

Apart from Europe and North America, Indian cuisine is popular in South East Asia too because of its strong historical influence on the region's local cuisines. Indian cuisine has had considerable influence on Malaysian cooking styles and also enjoys strong popularity in Singapore. Indian influence on Malay cuisine dates back to 19-century. Other cuisines which borrow Indian cooking styles include Vietnamese cuisine,[9] Indonesian cuisine and Thai cuisine.The spread of vegetarianism in other parts of Asia is often credited to ancient Indian Buddhist practices.Indian cuisine is also fairly popular in the Arab world because of its similarity and influence on Arab cuisine.

The popularity of curry, which originated in India, across Asia has often led to the dish being labeled as the "pan-Asian" dish. Curry's international appeal has also been compared to that of pizza.Though the tandoor did not originate in India, Indian tandoori dishes, such as chicken tikka made with Indian ingredients, enjoy widespread popularity.[34] Historically, Indian spices and herbs were one of the most sought after trade commodities. The spice trade between India and Europe led to the rise and dominance of Arab traders to such an extent that European explorers, such as Vasco da Gama and Christopher Columbus, set out to find new trade routes with India leading to the Age of Discovery.
Posted 6/11/09

nuthianu wrote:


I1II1II1I wrote:


INDIAN FOOD IS THE SHIT!!


Indian cuisine is one of the most popular cuisines across the globe. The cuisine is popular not only among the large Indian diaspora but also among the mainstream population of North America and Europe. In 2003, there were as many as 10,000 restaurants serving Indian cuisine in the United States alone. A survey held in 2007 revealed that more than 1,200 Indian food products have been introduced in the United States since 2000. According to Britain's Food Standards Agency, Indian food industry in the United Kingdom is worth £3.2 billion, accounts for two-thirds of all eating out and serves about 2.5 million British customers every week.
Butter Chicken, also known as Murgh Makhani, is a popular dish in Western countries and Arab world

Apart from Europe and North America, Indian cuisine is popular in South East Asia too because of its strong historical influence on the region's local cuisines. Indian cuisine has had considerable influence on Malaysian cooking styles and also enjoys strong popularity in Singapore. Indian influence on Malay cuisine dates back to 19-century. Other cuisines which borrow Indian cooking styles include Vietnamese cuisine,[9] Indonesian cuisine and Thai cuisine.The spread of vegetarianism in other parts of Asia is often credited to ancient Indian Buddhist practices.Indian cuisine is also fairly popular in the Arab world because of its similarity and influence on Arab cuisine.

The popularity of curry, which originated in India, across Asia has often led to the dish being labeled as the "pan-Asian" dish. Curry's international appeal has also been compared to that of pizza.Though the tandoor did not originate in India, Indian tandoori dishes, such as chicken tikka made with Indian ingredients, enjoy widespread popularity.[34] Historically, Indian spices and herbs were one of the most sought after trade commodities. The spice trade between India and Europe led to the rise and dominance of Arab traders to such an extent that European explorers, such as Vasco da Gama and Christopher Columbus, set out to find new trade routes with India leading to the Age of Discovery.

+1

very well said
3572 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 6/11/09 , edited 6/11/09
My favorites are:

From Hrithik Roshan:

Mujhse Dosti Karoge
Koi Mil Gaya
Krrish
Dhoom 2
Jodhaa Akbar

From SRK:

Darr
Chaahat
Dil To Pagal Hai
Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani
Mohabbatein
Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam
Chalte Chalte
Main Hoon Na
Veer-Zaara
Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna
Om Shanti Om

Others:
Dostana
Ghajini
Fanaa
U Me Aur Hum
Yakeen
Raaz
Salaam Namaste

Posted 6/11/09
I've watched a bunch of Indian movies and I haven't like any of them enough to call them my favorite.
but the best i've seen are chak de india and kuch kuch hota hai.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.