First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Why do people trace copies of anime characters and post them on their web and stuff?
1301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / somewhere out there
Offline
Posted 11/24/08
I can't draw but I d0nt trace either.... unless its a project at school
2687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In front of a com...
Offline
Posted 11/24/08

Zwill wrote:


thecommoniguana wrote:


Zwill wrote:


thecommoniguana wrote:


Zwill wrote:


thecommoniguana wrote:


duhmightybeanz wrote:

Why trace in the first place...If you can't draw say so..


agreed, telling the truth is always best =D


hate to burst your bubble here but, half the wall scrolls available online are vector art or made vector art. Vectoring is not a useless skill at all. At one point, ive had to remake a companies logo for them because they couldn't do it.


i realize that, but we're not talking about vectoring. just printing a pic off the net, tracing it onto a piece of paper, then telling people its your own work or something similar to that.


oh i see. Well thats just not right :/


i know =[ its like stealing 0.0


As i tell everyone else. I am against people who vector other people's fan art to. I only vector scans from magazines and such. :/


thats cool
2351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 11/24/08 , edited 11/24/08
LOL this thread makes those people who trace feel guilty.

i kinda agreed with that too. i seen a friend traced an exacly identical kaname (from VK) and she showed it off to pp like she can draw. -__- that was hella obvious man.

as for me someone who likes to draw, i kinda despise pp who trace anime work, and them declared its their work. its like, no originality you know.

and some are even worse, they saw other pp work on the net and took the photos and declared that that's their drawings. One of my friend who got her work stolen cried for the whole week and hated internet soon afterwords.
1262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/24/08

luigi14 wrote:


bobmountains wrote:

cause they fail at life. =]


wow thats harsh i trace but i don't tell that i drew it myself i just say i traced it


i think you took it to serious. lol what i meant was... they fail at this particular thing :]
bob is not a jerk >:[
1252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Uranus C:
Offline
Posted 11/24/08
It is annoying :l I hate people who do and then change like the hair a little and say they drew it all by themselves without copying :l

There are some people though that do sketch the images (: I dont mind that

Its not art if you dont do it yourself though :l
1252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Uranus C:
Offline
Posted 11/24/08

eternal_days wrote:

LOL this thread makes those people who trace feel guilty.

i kinda agreed with that too. i seen a friend traced an exacly identical kaname (from VK) and she showed it off to pp like she can draw. -__- that was hella obvious man.

as for me someone who likes to draw, i kinda despise pp who trace anime work, and them declared its their work. its like, no originality you know.

and some are even worse, they saw other pp work on the net and took the photos and declared that that's their drawings. One of my friend who got her work stolen cried for the whole week and hated internet soon afterwords.


I hate that people steal artwork D: My artwork's 2 rubbish to be stolen but Id hate it D; I put huge watermarks on my work now Just in case someone does steal it, that way they cant post it as their own :D

My friend copied the image (Its not tracing but still) and then said to everyone that he had drawn it from scratch without any help. It was really annoying because everyone thought he was amazing and I was just stood there with my crappier drawing that I had actually drawn on my own :l I busted him though because I found the image hed traced >__<

1252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Uranus C:
Offline
Posted 11/24/08

cyber_eminacraze wrote:

I can't draw but I d0nt trace either.... unless its a project at school


No offense but i still think thats wrong (Espesh if its in an art lesson) Because your getting a mark thats higher than people who actually can draw and the people that work hard to do well and your doing it dishonestly D:

I can understand people who do it because they cant draw and want to be good, but if they want to be good then they should do it the right way and practice, you feel good about your self for doing it and improving :)

Sorry for the rant btw >__<
1371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Outernet
Offline
Posted 11/24/08
Oh God!! I hate it when people do that. If you search a random (Japanese) name on photobucket you get thousands of those. It are almost everytime Naruto characters!
785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Bs As
Offline
Posted 11/24/08
because they haven't original ideas! >__>; ....
32118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / England
Offline
Posted 11/24/08
i dunno about that i draw a lot of anime and when i do i like to get it exactly right and there are people out there who are good at drawing and can make copies that look exactly like the original i would never trace something and pass it on as my own cuz i am an artist and it would be really lame
71 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Dimension M
Offline
Posted 5/19/09
well believe it or not tracing is the best way to practice it in some sense they did draw it
even if its traced theres really no reason to blow their spot up it better to trace till u get it right and when ur hand memorizes it do it ur self
32212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Gensokyo
Offline
Posted 5/19/09 , edited 5/19/09
The reason. Nice and simple:
THEY. ARE. RETARDS.
It's called frickin plagiarizing. Hasn't anyone known that?
Of course, it's fine when they SAY THAT THEY TRACED OR COPYRIGHTED TO SOMEONE ELSE. =]
2142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / America
Offline
Posted 5/19/09
cuz its easy i guess but its like saying you cant draw. i guess it depends one the person.
2142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / America
Offline
Posted 5/19/09
i dont though cuz it doesnt feel right. u should improve by being creative and drawing your own stuff - even if it sucks at least your being honest with yourself and others. AND in time you'll get better =)
1818 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / California
Offline
Posted 5/19/09
agreed that tracing is kinda stupid and all, specially if you say its all yours. BUT, I do us other pics as a reference, to get an expression, or mabey ill just freehand a certain pic i liked in a manga! at least its still getting yer skills up, and not tracing
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.