First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Post Reply Do you think you have to act a certain way because of your race?
Fan
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 12/9/07
Nope not at all. And what fustrates me is that when an educated black person comes around and speaks he is being labled as, "acting white." This is a horrible going around our community it is almost as if we have to act dumb or dress a certain way etc.. to fit in. Especially this new generation when you read posts on youtube when you see little white kids trying to do the soulja you see blacks on there saying, "U WHITE C******* U WILL NEVER BE BLACK." Too many blacks thinks this way and this is very ignorant. Even with races who talk in slang and dresses urban for example someone like Paul Wall. If you heard his voice you wouldnt have guessed he was white. But anyway people says he acts black. No he isnt acting black it is just thats the way he chooses to carry himself. Blacks arent all unitelligent and uneducated.

This is a horridance stereotype that only blacks and whites have due to the extreme racism in the USA that will never go away. How do you act chinese? How do you act arab? How do you act indian? You dont hear none of those.
CEO
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 12/9/07
In relation to this topic I was also wondering.... Why do so many people imitate rappers & why are rappers so often people's role models???
Superstar Artist
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 12/10/07
I guess the reason why people want to emulate rappers is because their lifestyle seems so glitterati.........True enough celebrities have it good but it has come to a point where people think that rapping is easy........well they think its easier than acting.....I mean hell the requirements to be a successful rapper are:
1. Charisma......you have to be able to work a crowd you gotta have people who are interested!
2. Business-Minded.......you won't last long as a rapper if you can't make your money work for you because after you get rich from rapping its time to move on!
3. Talent
4. Uniqueness
5. Tailoring yourself within the business market

Most people believe they have these qualities thus.......the imitation of rappers.

Now why they are people's role models is because....i'm speaking for blacks....rappers represent the possibility of being rich or living richly without struggling with a 9-5 job.......black people or hell anybody doesn't want to work their ass off for money. That's the only reason I can concieve..............
Fan
1223 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F / home
Offline
Posted 12/13/07

drizza wrote:

Nope not at all. And what fustrates me is that when an educated black person comes around and speaks he is being labled as, "acting white." This is a horrible going around our community it is almost as if we have to act dumb or dress a certain way etc.. to fit in. Especially this new generation when you read posts on youtube when you see little white kids trying to do the soulja you see blacks on there saying, "U WHITE C******* U WILL NEVER BE BLACK." Too many blacks thinks this way and this is very ignorant. Even with races who talk in slang and dresses urban for example someone like Paul Wall. If you heard his voice you wouldnt have guessed he was white. But anyway people says he acts black. No he isnt acting black it is just thats the way he chooses to carry himself. Blacks arent all unitelligent and uneducated.

This is a horridance stereotype that only blacks and whites have due to the extreme racism in the USA that will never go away. How do you act chinese? How do you act arab? How do you act indian? You dont hear none of those.


Yeah well... people generally suck!
Superstar Artist
12460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / M
Offline
Posted 12/13/07
Sometimes my own family falls into the ignorance of this kind.

For example, some of them refer to all Asians as "Chinese". >_<

I try to correct them as much as I can, but then some of them would call me a "Chinese wannabe".

I helped some of them stop that so far.
46288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 12/13/07

Marcell2aG wrote:

Sometimes my own family falls into the ignorance of this kind.

For example, some of them refer to all Asians as "Chinese". >_<

I try to correct them as much as I can, but then some of them would call me a "Chinese wannabe".

I helped some of them stop that so far.


I try to do that, lol, I am not Asian, but I do that with my family sometimes and other people as well, try to correct their conception of what Asians are.
Fan
154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/14/07
I mean just because I am Asian don't mean I watch/know all the "animes" and Asian dramas...the thing is I don't know any of them. Why am I on here then you ask? Im only on here because I was tracking down a Chinese kung fu series by Donnie Yen..."The Kung Fu Master". I can careless about Asian dramas or animes. Another thing I don't know how to use "chopsticks"...give me a fork. And no we don't eat dogs!
46288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 12/14/07

Sthao3 wrote:

I mean just because I am Asian don't mean I watch/know all the "animes" and Asian dramas...the thing is I don't know any of them. Why am I on here then you ask? Im only on here because I was tracking down a Chinese kung fu series by Donnie Yen..."The Kung Fu Master". I can careless about Asian dramas or animes. Another thing I don't know how to use "chopsticks"...give me a fork. And no we don't eat dogs!


No one was trying to sterotype you, I mean there is people that do think that way on what you wrote, but I don't think no one on here was saying that was what Asians did. Edit to add forgot what the question of this thread was, lol, so was not trying to be rude, lol, but responded because you were kind of sterotyping Asians out there on the guestbook, the groups with the 6,000 members might not know about this club, and just because you like something, does not mean you have to join it. So, by going by numbers do not always work.
Fan
154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/15/07

InternationalDramaLover wrote:No one was trying to sterotype you, I mean there is people that do think that way on what you wrote, but I don't think no one on here was saying that was what Asians did. Edit to add forgot what the question of this thread was, lol, so was not trying to be rude, lol, but responded because you were kind of sterotyping Asians out there on the guestbook, the groups with the 6,000 members might not know about this club, and just because you like something, does not mean you have to join it. So, by going by numbers do not always work.


You're right no one was sterotyping "me" HERE per se but I was referencing the sterotypes on us Asians in the real world. People(not Asians) tend to think that we all use "chopsticks" or worse...eat dogs...and I was merely trying to clear up this sterotypical view.

And

1) I never said all Asians didn't listen to hip hop...I said the majority here on Crunchyroll isn't into hip hop...two different things. Plus I have never heard of a sterotype on Asians not listening to hip hop. So I don't know how it became a sterotype issue/debate.

2) "Going by numbers will not always work"...why wouldn't it work here in this case? When the majority of people here(mostly Asians) vote for either punk and/or rock in those "rap vs. punk" and "rock or rap" threads. I had a good reason to say majority because if you look on those threads...going by the numbers that voted...the majority of them chose something other than rap. And again this is not a sterotype on Asians.
46288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 12/15/07
That was why I edited to add I forgot the question she was asking, so you could put that, at first I was going by just what people were writing, and I was like no one said anything, lol, and then I was like oh, the topic, lol. I guess sterotype could be a strong word. But, that is what you are kind of doing when you saying majority of the Asians on here do not listen to Hip Hop.

Like for example, you said we do not eat dogs. The majority of people out in the world would sterotype that Asians do eat dogs. And, that it what you trying to clear up on that Sterotype, that ya don't, just as the above conversations, if someone thought someone was Asian, they thought they were Chinese. And some of us were saying we try to fix that. So, when you say the majority of Asians do not like hip hop on Crunchy Roll, you are stereotyping that most of them do not like hip hop on this site, you are sticking them in a category. And, again, not everyone on this site, has went and voted for punk/rock or other verses threads, a lot of people don't even go in the forums, the numbers could not work, because the majority of people do not go to those threads. There is one now against Rock and Hip Hop only 2 hundred and something people replied and over 3 thousand people have looked at it, that 2 hundred and something what if they all said Rock, that is not the majority of the people, that is just 2 hund and something people's opinions, they don't represent everyone.
Fan
154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/15/07

InternationalDramaLover wrote:

So, when you say the majority of Asians do not like hip hop on Crunchy Roll, you are stereotyping that most of them do not like hip hop on this site, you are sticking them in a category. And, again, not everyone on this site, has went and voted for punk/rock or other verses threads, a lot of people don't even go in the forums, the numbers could not work, because the majority of people do not go to those threads. There is one now against Rock and Hip Hop only 2 hundred and something people replied and over 3 thousand people have looked at it, that 2 hundred and something what if they all said Rock, that is not the majority of the people, that is just 2 hund and something people's opinions, they don't represent everyone.


I never said the majority of Asians "do not like" hip hop. I said they "aren't into" hip hop. Two different things..."do not like" means having absolutely 0 interest in the genre. While on the other hand "aren't into" hip hop means they might enjoy a few hip hop songs here and there but hip hop isn't what they're really into.

The threads...for those that replied with a comment...the majority of them voted against hip hop so I should be able to categorize them into one section...the majority. When I was referring to the majority of Asians...I did not mean every single Asian on Crunchyroll...I was pertaining to the ones that voted in those threads.

46288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 12/15/07

Sthao3 wrote:

I never said the majority of Asians "do not like" hip hop. I said they "aren't into" hip hop. Two different things..."do not like" means having absolutely 0 interest in the genre. While on the other hand "aren't into" hip hop means they might enjoy a few hip hop songs here and there but hip hop isn't what they're really into.

The threads...for those that replied with a comment...the majority of them voted against hip hop so I should be able to categorize them into one section...the majority. When I was referring to the majority of Asians...I did not mean every single Asian on Crunchyroll...I was pertaining to the ones that voted in those threads.



Thanks, for clearing that up on who you were talking about.
Posted 12/18/07
some people act certain ways becuz of race but mostly i think its becuz of friends
Superstar Artist
12460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / M
Offline
Posted 12/18/07
Yeah man, these kids have enough ignorance to pollute the air with.

I really hate when my fellow brothas try to explain to other races "this is how black people live, we live rough" and etc....explaining the shit as if it's our WHOLE RACE.

They're just as ignorant as the racists if you ask me.

That's false pessimism.
Fan
5463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 12/29/07
But Some of the Race choose to be assholes and most of the others accept it to get things done.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.