Remove this ad
Created by iRoar
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply What do you think of Kouichi Hayase?
165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/19/08
he's cool.
Member
2429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / in the euphoric r...
Offline
Posted 12/19/08
hmm i dont know i think hes all of them but i will admit when the series started i thought he was a dumbass but my thoughts have changed.....somewhat
297 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Floating around s...
Offline
Posted 12/20/08
Just finished ep1.... -__- only word i can think of is SELF-CENTRED! His attitude totally ruined this anime for me
9605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Labs, towns, citi...
Offline
Posted 12/20/08
He is clearly a reincarnation of Yagami Light, minus all the intelligence.
9605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Labs, towns, citi...
Offline
Posted 12/20/08

Zygote123 wrote:

Just finished ep1.... -__- only word i can think of is SELF-CENTRED! His attitude totally ruined this anime for me


He's the only reason I'm still watching it. His obnoxious self-centered attitude makes him a very special protagonist.
297 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Floating around s...
Offline
Posted 12/20/08

The_8th_Sin wrote:


Zygote123 wrote:

Just finished ep1.... -__- only word i can think of is SELF-CENTRED! His attitude totally ruined this anime for me


He's the only reason I'm still watching it. His obnoxious self-centered attitude makes him a very special protagonist.


Done with ep2... Gonna move onto another anime cant stand his hubris attitude!!!
9605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Labs, towns, citi...
Offline
Posted 12/20/08

Zygote123 wrote:


The_8th_Sin wrote:


Zygote123 wrote:

Just finished ep1.... -__- only word i can think of is SELF-CENTRED! His attitude totally ruined this anime for me


He's the only reason I'm still watching it. His obnoxious self-centered attitude makes him a very special protagonist.


Done with ep2... Gonna move onto another anime cant stand his hubris attitude!!!


To each his own. I just love his attitude the same way I love Light's attitude. His self-rightousness borders on insanity, and I absolutely love insanity in main characters. Once again, just me.
297 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Floating around s...
Offline
Posted 12/20/08

The_8th_Sin wrote:


Zygote123 wrote:


The_8th_Sin wrote:


Zygote123 wrote:

Just finished ep1.... -__- only word i can think of is SELF-CENTRED! His attitude totally ruined this anime for me


He's the only reason I'm still watching it. His obnoxious self-centered attitude makes him a very special protagonist.


Done with ep2... Gonna move onto another anime cant stand his hubris attitude!!!


To each his own. I just love his attitude the same way I love Light's attitude. His self-rightousness borders on insanity, and I absolutely love insanity in main characters. Once again, just me.


*Nod* *agrees about loving light's attitude* Luv anti-hero animes... but this anime is... ehhhh...
9605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Labs, towns, citi...
Offline
Posted 12/20/08

Zygote123 wrote:


The_8th_Sin wrote:


Zygote123 wrote:


The_8th_Sin wrote:


Zygote123 wrote:

Just finished ep1.... -__- only word i can think of is SELF-CENTRED! His attitude totally ruined this anime for me


He's the only reason I'm still watching it. His obnoxious self-centered attitude makes him a very special protagonist.


Done with ep2... Gonna move onto another anime cant stand his hubris attitude!!!


To each his own. I just love his attitude the same way I love Light's attitude. His self-rightousness borders on insanity, and I absolutely love insanity in main characters. Once again, just me.


*Nod* *agrees about loving light's attitude* Luv anti-hero animes... but this anime is... ehhhh...


There are a lot of good things about this anime too though.

1. The voice acting is fantastic, using several of my favorite voice actors. The guy who does the main villain, for instance, did Lelouch from Code Geass.

2. The aforementioned god-complex of the protagonist.

3. Despite my general hatred for CGI, I believe that the action scenes in Linebarrels really do look fantastic in their own unique way.

Still, the show is greatly flawed. It feels greatly contrived and thrown together. Other than the slight differences in the main character, the show follows every cliche known to man. Also, as beautiful as the CGI action is, the CGI simply looks wrong when you put it on the screen with non-CGI images. Also, since you have not seen episode seven, you will have to simply take my word for it when I say the way Katou acted was a disgrace to all good villains everywhere.
Member
2896 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / los angeles , cali
Offline
Posted 12/20/08
@Zygote123

lol then the one who make this series is proud because he or she got your feelings from hating some anime characters they created

but don't be so exaggerated too much for it....

try to watch episodes 3 then you will know for it. man
Member
8500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / California
Offline
Posted 12/21/08

variables wrote:


Moe_Sugiru wrote:


kronosion wrote:
"Those who don't know which to prioritize between mates and task (which is more important based on situation) are no better than trash".


Lols I think thats pretty good although put yourself in this situation. What if there was a choice Defeat one enemy to save all of mankind or save your life long best friend who would die if you chose the first option. Now Im sure you would have to stop and think on that one wouldnt you? if now which would you choose. I think its obvious for me I would save the world and sacrifice the friend although it would be very sad probably.


That's begging the question: logical fallacy. You already know the outcome of the choice before you make it, however, the character, at the time, did not.

Secondly:The orders were "stop the big floating thing and help the American's retreat." He did one of those, but he could not do the other, for he would lose the other. Now if he had gone out and done the orders the other orders, what would you say? "He's a heartless bastard who doesn't value his comrades" is my guess. IMO there is a lot of hate for a character here, that, if in his shoes, I don't think any of us would've acted differently.

but i digress.

I think he's a character of misunderstanding, misinterpretations, and psychological problems. Kinda like Shinji from Neon Genesis Evangelion and Sousuke from Full Metal Panic mixed together with Makoto from School days. He's got a screwed up metality from the way he was treated and conditioned when he was younger, and mix that with the fact he just gets himself caught up with women always AT THE WRONG TIME, he is seen as the bad guy, or as an idiot, depending on the circumstance.


Hooray! May I please have permission to join in this logic battle, they're my favorite kind you know.
First of all I would like to mention that I find the poll of this topic flawed. It's obvious that anybody who watches this show would know that he's an asshole and that just about everybody who watches this would get a feeling of hate for his character. I find that a cheat that looks away from the real impressive well written character our protagonist is. When I first started watching this show (last night), the first thing I thought was, "Time for another annoying mech anime with lame story, magic robots, annoying characters, and whiny drama." but when I started watching the first episode I was appalled with this amazingly realistic character with a thirst for power and deep down God-complex (Doesn't this remind you of a beloved character called Light Yagami anybody?).
I laughed through all the messy situations that the first episode went through and I was so impressed I continued watching the show and it just continued to get better, the main characters thirst for power continued to grow and let power move in the way of logical thinking.

Now as great as this was, I don't hate the character nor do I empathize with him, I simply enjoy looking at something that is rarely shown in common shows such as these and that is the simple evil that every human is capable of with obtaining power. Now no human would act exactly the same in this situation. Not everybody would use this form of power for good, but then again not every person is a raging psychopath either.
The simplistic joy that I get out of this show is the idea that here is a boy who has been cradled all his life because he has been too weak or too scared to defend himself or anybody else for that matter, with only the wish to see the weak protected and the bad ridden of. Now with that perspective pushing through your head since childhood, it's only logical that this kid would go to such extremities and absurdities to do what he believes is right. Although power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, It will never affect every person the same way.
That's why I say don't look at this situation as, would you do the same if you were in his position, look at it as, think about the hell this kid went through being raised, now with that in mind are you still surprised about the path he took once he achieved this great power?

The writers made this character with hatred and empathy in mind, considering most of the reactions people have with this character, it looks like the writers did a good job with it didn't they? lol
Member
8500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / California
Offline
Posted 12/21/08

The_8th_Sin wrote:


Zygote123 wrote:


The_8th_Sin wrote:


Zygote123 wrote:


The_8th_Sin wrote:


Zygote123 wrote:

Just finished ep1.... -__- only word i can think of is SELF-CENTRED! His attitude totally ruined this anime for me


He's the only reason I'm still watching it. His obnoxious self-centered attitude makes him a very special protagonist.


Done with ep2... Gonna move onto another anime cant stand his hubris attitude!!!


To each his own. I just love his attitude the same way I love Light's attitude. His self-rightousness borders on insanity, and I absolutely love insanity in main characters. Once again, just me.


*Nod* *agrees about loving light's attitude* Luv anti-hero animes... but this anime is... ehhhh...


There are a lot of good things about this anime too though.

1. The voice acting is fantastic, using several of my favorite voice actors. The guy who does the main villain, for instance, did Lelouch from Code Geass.

2. The aforementioned god-complex of the protagonist.

3. Despite my general hatred for CGI, I believe that the action scenes in Linebarrels really do look fantastic in their own unique way.

Still, the show is greatly flawed. It feels greatly contrived and thrown together. Other than the slight differences in the main character, the show follows every cliche known to man. Also, as beautiful as the CGI action is, the CGI simply looks wrong when you put it on the screen with non-CGI images. Also, since you have not seen episode seven, you will have to simply take my word for it when I say the way Katou acted was a disgrace to all good villains everywhere.


I just thought I'd do another quick quoting because I really liked what this guy had to write, so kudos to you. lol
I basically agree with what you said, although the overall story of this show is iffy, and some of the stuff they do is what I consider annoying and pointless magic, the character development is what keeps this show alive for me. I love watching the decent into madness for the main character while at the same time trying to pull himself out and do the right thing. It's entertaining and its what keeps this show entertaining and refreshing. Without this sociopath and god like perspective the main character has this show would simply be another dry mouth Mech anime. Yes yes I enjoy this show very much but only because the writers did such an amazing job on their main character.
9605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Labs, towns, citi...
Offline
Posted 12/22/08

Rezzy64 wrote:


The_8th_Sin wrote:

There are a lot of good things about this anime too though.

1. The voice acting is fantastic, using several of my favorite voice actors. The guy who does the main villain, for instance, did Lelouch from Code Geass.

2. The aforementioned god-complex of the protagonist.

3. Despite my general hatred for CGI, I believe that the action scenes in Linebarrels really do look fantastic in their own unique way.

Still, the show is greatly flawed. It feels greatly contrived and thrown together. Other than the slight differences in the main character, the show follows every cliche known to man. Also, as beautiful as the CGI action is, the CGI simply looks wrong when you put it on the screen with non-CGI images. Also, since you have not seen episode seven, you will have to simply take my word for it when I say the way Katou acted was a disgrace to all good villains everywhere.


I just thought I'd do another quick quoting because I really liked what this guy had to write, so kudos to you. lol
I basically agree with what you said, although the overall story of this show is iffy, and some of the stuff they do is what I consider annoying and pointless magic, the character development is what keeps this show alive for me. I love watching the decent into madness for the main character while at the same time trying to pull himself out and do the right thing. It's entertaining and its what keeps this show entertaining and refreshing. Without this sociopath and god like perspective the main character has this show would simply be another dry mouth Mech anime. Yes yes I enjoy this show very much but only because the writers did such an amazing job on their main character.


You clearly have experienced Linebarrels of Iron in the exact same way that I have. It's uncanny, but I feel like I'm reading my own writing, not someone else's.
Member
8500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / California
Offline
Posted 12/22/08

The_8th_Sin wrote:


Rezzy64 wrote:


The_8th_Sin wrote:

There are a lot of good things about this anime too though.

1. The voice acting is fantastic, using several of my favorite voice actors. The guy who does the main villain, for instance, did Lelouch from Code Geass.

2. The aforementioned god-complex of the protagonist.

3. Despite my general hatred for CGI, I believe that the action scenes in Linebarrels really do look fantastic in their own unique way.

Still, the show is greatly flawed. It feels greatly contrived and thrown together. Other than the slight differences in the main character, the show follows every cliche known to man. Also, as beautiful as the CGI action is, the CGI simply looks wrong when you put it on the screen with non-CGI images. Also, since you have not seen episode seven, you will have to simply take my word for it when I say the way Katou acted was a disgrace to all good villains everywhere.


I just thought I'd do another quick quoting because I really liked what this guy had to write, so kudos to you. lol
I basically agree with what you said, although the overall story of this show is iffy, and some of the stuff they do is what I consider annoying and pointless magic, the character development is what keeps this show alive for me. I love watching the decent into madness for the main character while at the same time trying to pull himself out and do the right thing. It's entertaining and its what keeps this show entertaining and refreshing. Without this sociopath and god like perspective the main character has this show would simply be another dry mouth Mech anime. Yes yes I enjoy this show very much but only because the writers did such an amazing job on their main character.


You clearly have experienced Linebarrels of Iron in the exact same way that I have. It's uncanny, but I feel like I'm reading my own writing, not someone else's.


lol hooray for interesting characters! As I continued to watch episodes 5 and 6 the show seemed to lose touch with that idea and I was beginning to lose hope but then when I moved on to I think it was like episodes 10 through 12 I started to see that they were trying to put some of that development back into the main character. Another thing that I'm really proud of in this show is the well developed love triangle (episode 12 preferably). In most anime shows that I've watched, whenever there is a love triangle it just sits on one angle of the triangle meanwhile the other girl just sits by herself and whines a lot and never does anything that resembles an attempt to fight for the guy. UGH!
Member
14246 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Walpurgris
Offline
Posted 12/23/08

Zygote123 wrote:


The_8th_Sin wrote:


Zygote123 wrote:


The_8th_Sin wrote:


Zygote123 wrote:

Just finished ep1.... -__- only word i can think of is SELF-CENTRED! His attitude totally ruined this anime for me


He's the only reason I'm still watching it. His obnoxious self-centered attitude makes him a very special protagonist.


Done with ep2... Gonna move onto another anime cant stand his hubris attitude!!!


To each his own. I just love his attitude the same way I love Light's attitude. His self-rightousness borders on insanity, and I absolutely love insanity in main characters. Once again, just me.


*Nod* *agrees about loving light's attitude* Luv anti-hero animes... but this anime is... ehhhh...



Look people WATCH THE WHOLE THING FIRST Til you reply,I mean we're not just talking about EP 1,2,3, or Whatever
CUZ maybe 2 Eps hes perverted then another one hes Normal I MEAN WHAT DO U ALWAYS THINK OF HIM??
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.