First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Anime Logic.
2386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / HOUSTON TEXAS
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

valnavatthe1st wrote:


wahoo6692 wrote:

Ok so that one wasnt a good explanation. how about this one. In death note the Theme was" Light u fool, no man can change the whole world" But then in Code Geass Lelouch did just that and by himself so that totally go against it completely.


If Lelouch was able to bring GOOD END LOL, then there's little reason to lose hope in humanity.

Watching animes with apocalyptic endings forces me to repeat that phrase in my head.


LOL, I admit have a point. But I have nothing against these logic. My original thread was to point out Logic that unrealistic or dont make sense

5552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Indonesia
Offline
Posted 11/25/08
Well... The One with "Power" can do anything he want...
15437 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
71
Offline
Posted 11/25/08 , edited 11/25/08
Causes of "Anime Logic"
1. Flawed characters.
They aren't perfect, they make mistakes, they aren't omnipotent. Sometimes they're just idiots.
2. Comic effect
Its funnier to see people behave in over the top manners
3. Dramatic effect
If a plot twist is shocking enough, you probably won't even notice it doesn't really make sense **cough cough**codegeass*cough*
4.Anime Logic
People expect things to act a certain way in anime, so producers make something that is makes sense to anime viewers who already have accepted anime logic. Oh his parents are away on buisness, that's not why they're never around or call. Oh she had something bad happen to her, that totally justifies the way she behaves. Oh its the future, giant robots can move like that.
5.1 dimensional characters
Some characters just aren't very well fleshed out, and behave in highly predictable, although illogical ways. This is kind of a combination of flawed/comic characters, like the "best friend guy" type in harem anime who repeatedly hits on girls but gets hit or rejected or whatever. Logically he'd learn from his mistakes, change his tactics or give up, but no he just stays as the pervert he is so he can remain the loser.
6. Asthetics
Sure there are a lot of schoolgirls with super strength, but who'd want to see a girl who is totally ripped and muscular? Yeah, there shouldn't be wind blowing their hair/skirt, but its cooler. No the moon shouldn't be that big and its unlikely it'd be full and unobstructed and positioned perfectly for a person to leap infront of it...but who cares?
7. Time constraints, narrative tools, significance, poor production
Basically anything not significant enough to be included in the show because it doesn't carry enough weight to the overall narrative. Maybe the producer doesn't have enough time to include a one minute magical girl de-transformation sequence everytime she beats somebody. Maybe the director made a mistake. Maybe it that guy wasn't actually punched hard enough to bruise and thats why it dissapeared.
903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Cincinnati, Ohio,...
Offline
Posted 11/25/08 , edited 11/25/08
Anime is most often based off real logic expressed in an artistic and/or philosophical way. "What if's" and "If Only's" often enter the equation. Its not like the writers are space aliens writing anime with an unknown logic or anything

Oh and remember that everyone is different, each writer is different, what one person thinks to create another might not, or however one writer sees things is not always true for other writers...writers and creators are just as different and have different opinions and ideas as the rest of us, they just express it through the art style of anime.
Posted 11/25/08

wahoo6692 wrote:


superninjaboy wrote:


wahoo6692 wrote:

Anime alway have crazy logic that real life just find really crazy. Like Death Note logic on how the world is rotten. Just because japanese criminal isnt prosecuted. Well that mess up since Light only look at it from Japan point of view. Tht doesnt give him the reason to say the whole world is rotten


I would not call this crazy logic but more a comment on society and possibly the Japanese judicial system, or even the world as a whole. There is as much crazy logic in reality as there is in Death Note the latter just having supernatural elements in it. Crazy logic for me in anime would be the stuff that defies reality by denying physics and gravity throwing it out the window , something I do not mind in my entertainment.


Well it obvious that unnatural stuff like that happen in anime, Its an anime what do u expect. But am saying normal reality-ish anime that make weird as hell logic. So ok, Death Note was a bad example, but am saying why does Light think the world is Rotten. I mean he only based everything on seeing how only a bunch of criminal in "Japan" is not prosecuted. Not everywhere in the world is like that. That why the logic in this anime doent make sense, they gave Light a bad reason to carry out his justice. If they had made Light research about the whole Judicial system then start killing. Then the Logic would have made sense



I see your point.I guess I misunderstood your post. As for why Light may see the world in the way that he does is probably because he has studied criminal science and mabye heard stories from his father and his colleague's. That could have twisted his view of the world.Or some people are just like that,
Posted 11/25/08

LadyKenichi wrote:

Anime is most often based off real logic expressed in an artistic and/or philosophical way. "What if's" and "If Only's" often enter the equation. Its not like the writers are space aliens writing anime with an unknown logic or anything

Oh and remember that everyone is different, each writer is different, what one person thinks to create another might not, or however one writer sees things is not always true for other writers...writers and creators are just as different and have different opinions and ideas as the rest of us, they just express it through the art style of anime.


Sometimes it is expressed to base off of very real situations or morals/understandings.
3997 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / California
Offline
Posted 11/25/08
that's what anime is: fictional (rarely nonfictional but that's another matter lol). but it depends what some people are attracted to -.- and almost all of them focus on a part of life, sometimes bending it to their own fashion, or it can make no sense whatsoever like fooly cooly I could go on into detail, but I don't want to 'cause I'm tired and feeling lazy
903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Cincinnati, Ohio,...
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

varnlestoff wrote:


LadyKenichi wrote:

Anime is most often based off real logic expressed in an artistic and/or philosophical way. "What if's" and "If Only's" often enter the equation. Its not like the writers are space aliens writing anime with an unknown logic or anything

Oh and remember that everyone is different, each writer is different, what one person thinks to create another might not, or however one writer sees things is not always true for other writers...writers and creators are just as different and have different opinions and ideas as the rest of us, they just express it through the art style of anime.


Sometimes it is expressed to base off of very real situations or morals/understandings.


Exactly
824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Peru - Lima
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

wahoo6692 wrote:

Fine so Death Note was a bad example. But u know what I mean some stuff they come up within anime just dont make sense.
How about this. Code geass. Lelouch tried to drive the whole evil upon himself. Then he ask Suzaku to kill him. Then the world became peaceful with no more war. Dumb as hell, how did the world became peaceful, As long as Human exist so will war. Nothing can be peaceful. Then there Gundam seed , Mwu friggin Blew up in space with no Space helmet and not to mention his suit must be torn all over . There al so one for miles. So who saved him or even how I mean no air, Ur practically dead.



It look s like you shouldnt have to mention Death note , and about lelouch sacrificing hself to destroy all evil and stuff, well there is always people (everywhere and not necesarilly firefighters and such) who sacrifice themselves for a just cause, maybe not "destroying all evil" (because i think that evil will always exist as long as ther are humans)but saving a life or just helping someone...that is not dumb....obviously the idea of a peacefull and perfect world without evil is just fantasy and about gundam ... i have no comments whatsoever cuz i havnt watchd that anime and i dont intend to do it

706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Malaysia
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

wahoo6692 wrote:


Mysticsorcerer wrote:


wahoo6692 wrote:

Anime alway have crazy logic that real life just find really crazy. Like Death Note logic on how the world is rotten. Just because japanese criminal isnt prosecuted. Well that mess up since Light only look at it from Japan point of view. Tht doesnt give him the reason to say the whole world is rotten


But I think that's not only anime logic
That's the reality
The world has rotten and corrupted
The logic that's not true in Death note is Yagami Light logic to become Kira as the god of new world he want to create
REality logic, if there are something good, there must be something bad
So, it's impossible to make world without bad people



Ok so that one wasnt a good explanation. how about this one. In death note the Theme was" Light u fool, no man can change the whole world" But then in Code Geass Lelouch did just that and by himself so that totally go against it completely.


The difference is Lelouch admit that something that he did was wrong so he took the responsibility and he acknowledge that the world can't change with just kindness so bad people was also needed.
But in Light, he was stubborn until the end and still say that all of he doing was right. He didn't want to admit defeat. He want to create a world without bad people. He think he is like a god. (I AM THE JUSTICE) XP like that....
baka Light....
They have same double-edge sword power
Lelouch won from his power
But Light lose to his power
142
8794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 11/26/08
It's not uncommon in movies either
15182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / In the abyss we c...
Offline
Posted 11/26/08
Anime logic is usually messed up but some anime logic are based on what was and what is
Posted 11/26/08

wahoo6692 wrote:

Anime alway have crazy logic that real life just find really crazy. Like Death Note logic on how the world is rotten. Just because japanese criminal isnt prosecuted. Well that mess up since Light only look at it from Japan point of view. Tht doesnt give him the reason to say the whole world is rotten








AND FINALLY



He's why the world is rotten!
4778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / ..my room, which...
Offline
Posted 11/26/08

wahoo6692 wrote:


vongola_samurai wrote:


wahoo6692 wrote:


vongola_samurai wrote:


wahoo6692 wrote:

Anime alway have crazy logic that real life just find really crazy. Like Death Note logic on how the world is rotten. Just because japanese criminal isnt prosecuted. Well that mess up since Light only look at it from Japan point of view. Tht doesnt give him the reason to say the whole world is rotten


well the whole world is kinda rotten these day. every country's crime rate have gone up higher since the economy suck.



Yeh but Light made his decision only based on Japan crime rate. And he said the whole world rotten. If he had said Japan is Rotten I can get that but the whole world. Come on


?? he didnt just base on japan's crime rate...he never mention that


Have u watch it closely enough. I know they mention it. emember when he look up his dad computer. He said almost out of all the people arrested most were never prosecuted.



would u serious think a super smart guy with an IQ of 200 like light would only base on that? come on~ plus, japan's crime rate is already count as really low in the world, and he doesn't just kill criminal from japan...he kill every criminal around the world! if he only kill those people that are in japan i would agree with u, but! the fact that he also kill people that ARE NOT from japan proves that he also posses knowledge of the crime in other parts of the world (plus, really, dont u also think this world is freaking rotten too?)
557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / ireland
Offline
Posted 11/26/08
Woah people r gettin really in2 dis thread. its crazy. HELLO everyone anime is FICTIONAL so it doesnt have 2 make sense r have much logic to it so weather r not u think an anime is twisted just don't watch it. in my opinion it makes dem m'intresting
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.