First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Obsessing over Anime Characters...
2458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Germany.
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

IxI_Momo_IxI wrote:

It`s not a crime to fantasize!! =P


I think so, too!
Life is boring..
424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 11/25/08
uhhhmm,maybe some characters resemble some of the persons personality that he/she can relate to even though its in an anime, or sometimes at the back of our minds we really wish we were part of some anime world its like keeping off your mind off of stress in real life,

well on another fact watching,enjoying anime/anime characters may it be obsessioin or just pure liking to the character would make us feel good which in medical aspects it is said the endorphins or happy hormones are released when we are happy and its good for the body and soul rather than being idle or stressed out
5516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / Sri Lanka
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

riku911 wrote:

apparently
they cant distinguish between reality and fantasy
try spending time on something that really matter
get a life or something
or make some friends


Thats not very nice, is it? Considering you too are wasting time are making comments on a forum on anime
5516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / Sri Lanka
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

quantumgear wrote:

uhhhmm,maybe some characters resemble some of the persons personality that he/she can relate to even though its in an anime, or sometimes at the back of our minds we really wish we were part of some anime world its like keeping off your mind off of stress in real life,

well on another fact watching,enjoying anime/anime characters may it be obsessioin or just pure liking to the character would make us feel good which in medical aspects it is said the endorphins or happy hormones are released when we are happy and its good for the body and soul rather than being idle or stressed out


100% agree with you on that, man!! Even if you have a normal life, there is so much crap going on in the world, if we dont de-stress by enjoying anime and fantasizing, there would be a lot more nut cases walking around and I know I will be one
Posted 11/25/08

IxI_Momo_IxI wrote:

It`s not a crime to fantasize!! =P


agree agree!

& ppl would be addicted or obsessed because anime chars r usually very perfect.
even when they're supposed t be the bad guys :/
plus a lot of them r good-looking & too gd t be true. ;D
13300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / where the hell am I
Offline
Posted 11/25/08
i wouldn't say that observing an anime char as hot is obsessing but things like:
1. kissing the screen when your fave char show up
2. asking for rights to marry that char
3. claiming the char (he's mine)
4. staring at its picture for ages and sighing
5. falling in love with an anime char
these are all obsessive things

430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Nashville
Offline
Posted 11/25/08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1YyWRKVzaw&feature=related
1711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

varage wrote:

Well, just because you see people posting here and/or making the threads they post in doesn't mean they have no lives it's called a hobby some people watch anime and chat about anime while others do other things. Would you say the same about people who chat and post about actual actresses and actors like who's the hottest actress. They can chat about real things that can never happen as well such as being inlove with "Insert actor/actresses name here" That's no less and no more fantasy then saying they're inlove with "Insert anime character's name here" Neither will ever happen so why does it matter which it is?


First of all, it seems you missed the big red letters saying "No Flaming", second of all I never said there was a difference between those two things. In fact, I see them as one and the same. Way to read.
1711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

quantumgear wrote:

uhhhmm,maybe some characters resemble some of the persons personality that he/she can relate to even though its in an anime, or sometimes at the back of our minds we really wish we were part of some anime world its like keeping off your mind off of stress in real life,

well on another fact watching,enjoying anime/anime characters may it be obsession or just pure liking to the character would make us feel good which in medical aspects it is said the endorphins or happy hormones are released when we are happy and its good for the body and soul rather than being idle or stressed out


In terms of your first paragraph, that's a textbook example of escapism. Using something to "escape" or leave a situation temporarily through friction or other devices.
In terms of your second paragraph, the amount of endorphins realized through "just liking something" is drastically lower than that of exercise and other healthier activities. I am in no way condoning anime but at the same time obsessing over unattainable characters isn't in the slightest bit healthy, it can actually work against your mental health and physical health. In terms of stress filled environments, poor time managament, reading manga/watching anime all night or for long periods of time, can actually induce more stress when you return back to your stressful life.



1706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Candyland
Offline
Posted 11/25/08
Life is boring!
People need something to waste there time on...
1371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Outernet
Offline
Posted 11/25/08
I myself am a bit obsessed, but luckily i've seen WAY worse (like that guy seriously trying to legalize marrying a manga character)
Some people have to much of an imagination. I kinda don't get how people fall in love with fictional characters, but that happens in non-anime as well (like those fangirls obsessing over characters form Harry potter or Twilight or their favourite actor (or the character he's portraying) There are so many obsessed that it's hardly weird.
I think you could even add "fictional" to the phrase: "all good men are either taken or gay"
12090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

Clannad92 wrote:


IxI_Momo_IxI wrote:

It`s not a crime to fantasize!! =P


I think so, too!
Life is boring..


I AGREE LIFE IS PRETTY BORING.........
3927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

x1JhaYThieR4x wrote:

It's really a stupid case if you choose to live your life because of Anime.


sry what wrong with that
i work so i can watch anime
i eat so i can watch anime
i drink so i can watch anime
i sleep so i can watch anime
and so on
its all because of animes

3927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

yirex15 wrote:


Clannad92 wrote:


IxI_Momo_IxI wrote:

It`s not a crime to fantasize!! =P


I think so, too!
Life is boring..


I AGREE LIFE IS PRETTY BORING.........


yeah its boring to fantasize is the best

3927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

LunarLoft wrote:

Because otakus crave for perfection. =/


i totally agree with you

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.