Voice of a Distant Star
6717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Earth
Offline
Posted 11/24/08 , edited 11/25/08
I shat bricks when I didn't see any threads about this anime... Anyway, if there is one other than this, please refer it to me and report this thread to moderators.

Old show but who cares?



http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=775


A female mecha pilot tries to keep in touch with her boyfriend on earth while she is in space using cell phone text messages. The farther away they get from each other, the harder it is for the text messages to get to each other.


Basically, it is a sort of one-man project for Makoto Shinkai. Originally, everything was done in Makoto Shinkai's Macintosh computer and the dubbings was done by him and his fiancee. Afterward, a second version was released with better dubbing since professional dubbers did the dubbing this time

Note: This is already old so don't say "when will it be released?" or I'll kill you.

Argghhh... +1 for me.
Posted 11/24/08
I wouldn't consider it old. Anywho, I loved it. However I liked "5 Centimeters Per Second" a WHOLE lot more.
6717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Earth
Offline
Posted 11/24/08 , edited 11/24/08

TheUndeadLord wrote:

I wouldn't consider it old. Anywho, I loved it. However I liked "5 Centimeters Per Second" a WHOLE lot more.


I agree to that. However, it seems that this show is a lot more appreciable than 5CM per second basically because it is somehow a one-man's job (Makoto did all) and the budget used (if my memory is accurate) only reached 2 million yen when a normal TV episode (using Bamboo Blade as a representative) costs 10 million yen.

Makoto Shinkai makes me emo... God damnit!

But it seems a few people know the existence of this classic.
Posted 11/24/08

BrylleNoGotoku wrote:


TheUndeadLord wrote:

I wouldn't consider it old. Anywho, I loved it. However I liked "5 Centimeters Per Second" a WHOLE lot more.


I agree to that. However, it seems that this show is a lot more appreciable than 5CM per second basically because it is somehow a one-man's job (Makoto did all) and the budget used (if my memory is accurate) only reached 2 million yen when a normal TV episode (using Bamboo Blade as a representative) costs 10 million yen.

Makoto Shinkai makes me emo... God damnit!

But it seems a few people know the existence of this classic.


Yeah, it's pretty amazing.



Lol.

Yeah, it seems that ADV discontinued DVD sales, fortunately I got my copy the day it was released. =)

Have you seen The Place Promised? Also by Shinkai

or The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (not by Shinkai)
4615 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 11/24/08
I liked 5cm Per Second better than this one, and The Place Promised-- Better than 5cm Per Second. Im not saying that this sucked, but that I never really enjoyed it as much as the others. =]
6717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Earth
Offline
Posted 11/24/08

TheUndeadLord wrote:


Yeah, it's pretty amazing.



Lol.

Yeah, it seems that ADV discontinued DVD sales, fortunately I got my copy the day it was released. =)

Have you seen The Place Promised? Also by Shinkai

or The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (not by Shinkai)

What makes me wonder is how cellphone able to receive signals even though the girl is traveling at light-speed...

Anyway, I have not watched "The Place Promised in our Early Days"... But I know of its existence.
I'm planning on watcing Toki wa Kakeru Shoujo when our term break starts.
Posted 11/24/08

BrylleNoGotoku wrote:


TheUndeadLord wrote:


Yeah, it's pretty amazing.



Lol.

Yeah, it seems that ADV discontinued DVD sales, fortunately I got my copy the day it was released. =)

Have you seen The Place Promised? Also by Shinkai

or The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (not by Shinkai)


What makes me wonder is how cellphone able to receive signals even though the girl is traveling at light-speed...

Anyway, I have not watched "The Place Promised in our Early Days"... But I know of its existence.
I'm planning on watcing Toki wa Kakeru Shoujo when our term break starts.

Lol, I don't know...A high tech cellphone?
I also think there is "Voices" manga that adds a second chapter to the story.

Both movies are really good. I highly recommend them. =)
1557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / SoCal
Offline
Posted 11/24/08
Loved this one. Indeed a classic.
5716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 11/25/08
Im intrigued now where can i watch it
669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Valdemar
Offline
Posted 11/25/08
it made me teary-eyed in the end. damn. hoshi no koe is really good... it's shortness makes it the more worthwhile to watch. highly recommended. ahhh.. T_T
You must be logged in to post.