First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Anime Remake
2386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / HOUSTON TEXAS
Offline
Posted 11/24/08
HAve u ever seen an anime that u know is a total remake of an older version but they just change the name and plot and add more character. I mean it so obvious to you if you are a fan. All u have to do is watch closely and you can see some resemblance that hard to denied.

Example: Original Gundam and Gundam seed.
Omg, Amuro and Kira is obviously end up in the same situation. Lacus and Saya is obviously the same too. Being both princesses from the enemy side. Also they both have a battle ship that civilian student comes onto and join the army. Then Side 7 and Heliopolis both ended up being attacked. I notice all of this and I barely watch episode 1 of the First Mobile Suit Gundam.

Gundam 00 and Gundam Wing is Somewhat the same too. War interception type of animes. LOL. So unoriginal.
1954 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / anywhere but nowhere
Offline
Posted 11/24/08

wahoo6692 wrote:

HAve u ever seen an anime that u know is a total remake of an older version but they just change the name and plot and add more character. I mean it so obvious to you if you are a fan. All u have to do is watch closely and you can see some resemblance that hard to denied.

Example: Original Gundam and Gundam seed.
Omg, Amuro and Kira is obviously end up in the same situation. Lacus and Saya is obviously the same too. Being both princesses from the enemy side. Also they both have a battle ship that civilian student comes onto and join the army. Then Side 7 and Heliopolis both ended up being attacked. I notice all of this and I barely watch episode 1 of the First Mobile Suit Gundam.

Gundam 00 and Gundam Wing is Somewhat the same too. War interception type of animes. LOL. So unoriginal.


haha ur funny....if ur going to talk about gundam...you should already know that all the gundam series were based of the original gundam...only G was a tad different....

00 was based of W in which W was based of gundam....

lol not all animes have a lot of orignality....an original anime only comes once every year or once every 2 years

all are practically have the same type of characters and settings....

look at the reference anime series...theyre different as animes but whats the same is that theyre all about anime reference

TTGL was a great example of an orginal anime cause even if it did fall of the super robot category...the story line was so uniquely disturbing

we could say there are some point on the anime that were almost like the old material but what compensates for it is the story line that youll only see once every 10 years...

originality is never the issue nao its the story that concerns people....
8199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Ikebukuro!
Offline
Posted 11/24/08
ummm yeah.
Negima ! and Negima ?!
778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 11/24/08

wahoo6692 wrote:

HAve u ever seen an anime that u know is a total remake of an older version but they just change the name and plot and add more character. I mean it so obvious to you if you are a fan. All u have to do is watch closely and you can see some resemblance that hard to denied.

Example: Original Gundam and Gundam seed.
Omg, Amuro and Kira is obviously end up in the same situation. Lacus and Saya is obviously the same too. Being both princesses from the enemy side. Also they both have a battle ship that civilian student comes onto and join the army. Then Side 7 and Heliopolis both ended up being attacked. I notice all of this and I barely watch episode 1 of the First Mobile Suit Gundam.

Gundam 00 and Gundam Wing is Somewhat the same too. War interception type of animes. LOL. So unoriginal.


Some of these remakes are fun to watch thou. I'm currently watching Casshern SINS which is a remake of Casshan.
8277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Las Islas Filipinas
Offline
Posted 11/24/08

lanoche wrote:

TTGL was a great example of an orginal anime cause even if it did fall of the super robot category...the story line was so uniquely disturbing

we could say there are some point on the anime that were almost like the old material but what compensates for it is the story line that youll only see once every 10 years...

originality is never the issue nao its the story that concerns people....


Would you agree with me if I said that TTGL pays tribute to previous mecha animes?
1954 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / anywhere but nowhere
Offline
Posted 11/24/08

valnavatthe1st wrote:


lanoche wrote:

TTGL was a great example of an orginal anime cause even if it did fall of the super robot category...the story line was so uniquely disturbing

we could say there are some point on the anime that were almost like the old material but what compensates for it is the story line that youll only see once every 10 years...

originality is never the issue nao its the story that concerns people....


Would you agree with me if I said that TTGL pays tribute to previous mecha animes?


yup i do

and its the homage that brought in the unique story line for it...

thats why the series doesnt really contain a ton of cliches from the other mecha series
13202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/24/08
cause no one would watch an old show with something called Side 7? LOL i mean seriously gundam seed is a rip off but a damn good one!
8277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Las Islas Filipinas
Offline
Posted 11/24/08

IchigoTales wrote:

Some of these remakes are fun to watch thou. I'm currently watching Casshern SINS which is a remake of Casshan.


...which is a remake of Casshern (the 70s version).


12301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Valhalla
Offline
Posted 11/25/08
You mean neo-human cashern?
2386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / HOUSTON TEXAS
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

lanoche wrote:


wahoo6692 wrote:

HAve u ever seen an anime that u know is a total remake of an older version but they just change the name and plot and add more character. I mean it so obvious to you if you are a fan. All u have to do is watch closely and you can see some resemblance that hard to denied.

Example: Original Gundam and Gundam seed.
Omg, Amuro and Kira is obviously end up in the same situation. Lacus and Saya is obviously the same too. Being both princesses from the enemy side. Also they both have a battle ship that civilian student comes onto and join the army. Then Side 7 and Heliopolis both ended up being attacked. I notice all of this and I barely watch episode 1 of the First Mobile Suit Gundam.

Gundam 00 and Gundam Wing is Somewhat the same too. War interception type of animes. LOL. So unoriginal.


haha ur funny....if ur going to talk about gundam...you should already know that all the gundam series were based of the original gundam...only G was a tad different....

00 was based of W in which W was based of gundam....

lol not all animes have a lot of orignality....an original anime only comes once every year or once every 2 years

all are practically have the same type of characters and settings....

look at the reference anime series...theyre different as animes but whats the same is that theyre all about anime reference

TTGL was a great example of an orginal anime cause even if it did fall of the super robot category...the story line was so uniquely disturbing

we could say there are some point on the anime that were almost like the old material but what compensates for it is the story line that youll only see once every 10 years...

originality is never the issue nao its the story that concerns people....


Well of course I know newer gundam is based off the old one but almost everything didnt change at all. Like the story, which is barely different. And Gundam W is not based off of Gundam . Since The original gundam and Gundam seed is adventure based anime while Gundam W and Gundam 00 is anti-war based with many gundam on the same team facing the world or large group to end war. Only the mobile suit itself is based on the original since for every generation they improve the spec and design. Am not saying remake are bad but am making this post so that u guys can point out other anime that are remake. And also some of the point in anime u are talking about can be seen in other anime too. Anti-war= Code Geass, Love in War= Macross frontier, and etc.

1954 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / anywhere but nowhere
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

wahoo6692 wrote:


Well of course I know newer gundam is based off the old one but almost everything didnt change at all. Like the story, which is barely different. And Gundam W is not based off of Gundam . Since The original gundam and Gundam seed is adventure based anime while Gundam W and Gundam 00 is anti-war based with many gundam on the same team facing the world or large group to end war. Only the mobile suit itself is based on the original since for every generation they improve the spec and design. Am not saying remake are bad but am making this post so that u guys can point out other anime that are remake. And also some of the point in anime u are talking about can be seen in other anime too. Anti-war= Code Geass, Love in War= Macross frontier, and etc.



actually...seed is different from the original 3 gundam series

the neo-newtypes(coordinators) from the Z and ZZ series were the major in seed

and the newtypes were like only 3 people in the whole seed series

the huge ass gundams in destiny were homage to the psycho gundam

the zakus are oblivious

what else

MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki = ORB-01 Akatsukii

the 3 piece ZGMF-X56S Impulse = RX-78 Gundam or a watered version of MSZ-010 Double Zeta Gundam

its all homage baby...
8277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Las Islas Filipinas
Offline
Posted 11/25/08 , edited 11/25/08

wahoo6692 wrote:

Love in War= Macross frontier, and etc.



Macross Frontier isn't a remake. It's a fucking sequel (like, what? The 3rd sequel?).

I might have to say that Kotetsushin Jeeg is also a sequel.

For me, a remake is taking an original story (and/or concept) and modifying it to be relevant to the times, not continuing it.
Posted 11/25/08

lanoche wrote:


valnavatthe1st wrote:


lanoche wrote:

TTGL was a great example of an orginal anime cause even if it did fall of the super robot category...the story line was so uniquely disturbing

we could say there are some point on the anime that were almost like the old material but what compensates for it is the story line that youll only see once every 10 years...

originality is never the issue nao its the story that concerns people....


Would you agree with me if I said that TTGL pays tribute to previous mecha animes?


yup i do

and its the homage that brought in the unique story line for it...

thats why the series doesnt really contain a ton of cliches from the other mecha series


Would you agree that the story from TTGL is similar to Breath of fire:dragon quarters?
1954 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / anywhere but nowhere
Offline
Posted 11/25/08 , edited 11/25/08

BlazingRb wrote:


lanoche wrote:


valnavatthe1st wrote:


lanoche wrote:

TTGL was a great example of an orginal anime cause even if it did fall of the super robot category...the story line was so uniquely disturbing

we could say there are some point on the anime that were almost like the old material but what compensates for it is the story line that youll only see once every 10 years...

originality is never the issue nao its the story that concerns people....


Would you agree with me if I said that TTGL pays tribute to previous mecha animes?


yup i do

and its the homage that brought in the unique story line for it...

thats why the series doesnt really contain a ton of cliches from the other mecha series


Would you agree that the story from TTGL is similar to Breath of fire:dragon quarters?


lol...will you agree that the series is like voltes v/diamos/combatler v?

@ all what you all ask me ill just say i agree cause its just going to suck to reply to everybody saying i agree

just to clear up what i said before

its still an original story cause its a homages to all the classical robot animes

they put in all the ingredients of all the good super robot animes into one huge bowl of something new

"you give me the ingredients and i make you something new and good with it"
lkmjr 
56513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Dreamland....
Offline
Posted 11/25/08
I know of lots, but I can't think of any right now. ^_^;;
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.