First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Doesn't reira have any girlfriends -_-
Member
23687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Not gonna tell
Offline
Posted 11/25/08
I mean really she need female friends to talk about her problems and what not I have male friends too but I also have a decent amount of female friends to talk to sometimes she needs a slap on the face to wake up and not interfere with a married man -_- have some dignity man like wow...
Member
1025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / California
Offline
Posted 11/25/08
No and I kind of don't blame her for not having girlfriends. Her first friend was Takumi. Remember, many kids made fun of her because she was half white and her Japanese wasn't that great. So that would explain why she didn't have any close friends. Girls can be bitchy and maybe they didn't want to get close to reira b/c she looked like a "doll" when she was a kid. That could explain why threre were so many guys who had a crush on her, and as a result of that she's surrounded by guys.

Also, reira decided to be a singer at a very young age (especially with the influence of takumi). so she didn't have time to make true friends and it's hard to find really good friends these days. also, takumi wanted to make not only a great band but to make reira a star. so takumi had to choose the right guys to be part of the band (he's the leader after all). As a result, he was able to get ren (he's a great guittarist and he's hot), naoki (he complements reira's looks b/c he's so princely), and himself of course (takumi knows how to write songs, play bass/guitar, and he's a natural leader with a great nose on how to make money). As a consequence, the band is mainly filled with guys.

So of course, reira would be close to her bandmates b/c she's with them 24/7 and they all seem to genuinely care about her. She doesn't have time to go out and socialize with other girls and she never really had the opportunity b/f because she's so buys promoting herself and the band. This can also be partly takumi's fault, b/c he had this great vision of how reira should be (a beautiful young woman, spreading her songs to the world...but in reality it backfired b/c he ended up trapping her in an ivory tower despite the fact that he wanted to protect her and do what's best for her).

I could understand her fustrations. After all, she has been spoiled and so of course she's going to have relationship problems.

I believer her first love was Takumi (yasu was just a rebound guy who listened to her fustrations). Takumi was always there for her. And she was always there for him when he was going through rough times. I think she was psychologically dependent on him too, b/c he was the main key in creating her success. Without Takumi, reira wouldn't be "reira of trapnest."

So, yes. She shouldn't mess with a married man (believe me, i wanted to slap her and she's one of my least favorite characters). But I could understand why she was messing with him (i think she regrets it now, b/c she's understanding that takumi doesn't really love her that way...more like a sister that he'll do anything for).

It seems like everybody in the music business (in this manga) are lonely, and they want a normal life as well. But it's hard to try that balance, especially when you're kind of fucked up in the head.

I think the closest female friend that reira has is mari.
Member
1025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / California
Offline
Posted 11/25/08
And yes, reira is still my least favorite character in nana. she gets on my nerves but i could understand why she acts like a brat.
Member
488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Athens
Offline
Posted 11/26/08
I don't like her too, but I don't hate her either. I see her the way she is. As a flawed human being. Most of the other Nana characters are like that. Don't forget that Hachi had an affair with a married man when she was 17. So, do you hate Hachi for that?
Member
558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / In a place full o...
Offline
Posted 11/26/08

lian55 wrote:

I don't like her too, but I don't hate her either. I see her the way she is. As a flawed human being. Most of the other Nana characters are like that. Don't forget that Hachi had an affair with a married man when she was 17. So, do you hate Hachi for that?


I'll tell you the difference between Reira and Hachi. First off Reira is older than Hachi and all this is happening when she is 22. You might think 17 and 22 not make much of a difference, but think of it as comparing a high school student to a grad student. Yes alot of these characters are flawed hence the genre Josei. Most of us or even all of us don't hate Hachi for what she did, because in the end she knew what she did was wrong, remember when she screamed out to Asano don't cheat on your wife? Well did REIRA do something like that sincerely? Even after 6-9 years Reira remains immature and IMO an example of who I hate. That's why alot of us hate Reira, and that is also another reason why we don't hate Hachi.
Member
1025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / California
Offline
Posted 11/26/08

lalamesilly wrote:


lian55 wrote:

I don't like her too, but I don't hate her either. I see her the way she is. As a flawed human being. Most of the other Nana characters are like that. Don't forget that Hachi had an affair with a married man when she was 17. So, do you hate Hachi for that?


I'll tell you the difference between Reira and Hachi. First off Reira is older than Hachi and all this is happening when she is 22. You might think 17 and 22 not make much of a difference, but think of it as comparing a high school student to a grad student. Yes alot of these characters are flawed hence the genre Josei. Most of us or even all of us don't hate Hachi for what she did, because in the end she knew what she did was wrong, remember when she screamed out to Asano don't cheat on your wife? Well did REIRA do something like that sincerely? Even after 6-9 years Reira remains immature and IMO an example of who I hate. That's why alot of us hate Reira, and that is also another reason why we don't hate Hachi.


So true!!! I love Hachi. Hachi realizes that infidelity is a very hurtful thing. Especially, since she's in a relationship with Takumi.

I do NOT want Shing to hook up with Reira in the future. He's too hot and good for her. I think Shin should hook up with Satsuki when she's older. Reira needs to be an independent woman (she's so annoying).
Member
488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Athens
Offline
Posted 11/27/08

lalamesilly wrote:


lian55 wrote:

I don't like her too, but I don't hate her either. I see her the way she is. As a flawed human being. Most of the other Nana characters are like that. Don't forget that Hachi had an affair with a married man when she was 17. So, do you hate Hachi for that?


I'll tell you the difference between Reira and Hachi. First off Reira is older than Hachi and all this is happening when she is 22. You might think 17 and 22 not make much of a difference, but think of it as comparing a high school student to a grad student. Yes alot of these characters are flawed hence the genre Josei. Most of us or even all of us don't hate Hachi for what she did, because in the end she knew what she did was wrong, remember when she screamed out to Asano don't cheat on your wife? Well did REIRA do something like that sincerely? Even after 6-9 years Reira remains immature and IMO an example of who I hate. That's why alot of us hate Reira, and that is also another reason why we don't hate Hachi.


I see your point. But, I really can't hate Reira, I pity her.
Member
23687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Not gonna tell
Offline
Posted 11/27/08 , edited 11/27/08

grprsa wrote:

No and I kind of don't blame her for not having girlfriends. Her first friend was Takumi. Remember, many kids made fun of her because she was half white and her Japanese wasn't that great. So that would explain why she didn't have any close friends. Girls can be bitchy and maybe they didn't want to get close to reira b/c she looked like a "doll" when she was a kid. That could explain why threre were so many guys who had a crush on her, and as a result of that she's surrounded by guys.

Also, reira decided to be a singer at a very young age (especially with the influence of takumi). so she didn't have time to make true friends and it's hard to find really good friends these days. also, takumi wanted to make not only a great band but to make reira a star. so takumi had to choose the right guys to be part of the band (he's the leader after all). As a result, he was able to get ren (he's a great guittarist and he's hot), naoki (he complements reira's looks b/c he's so princely), and himself of course (takumi knows how to write songs, play bass/guitar, and he's a natural leader with a great nose on how to make money). As a consequence, the band is mainly filled with guys.

So of course, reira would be close to her bandmates b/c she's with them 24/7 and they all seem to genuinely care about her. She doesn't have time to go out and socialize with other girls and she never really had the opportunity b/f because she's so buys promoting herself and the band. This can also be partly takumi's fault, b/c he had this great vision of how reira should be (a beautiful young woman, spreading her songs to the world...but in reality it backfired b/c he ended up trapping her in an ivory tower despite the fact that he wanted to protect her and do what's best for her).

I could understand her fustrations. After all, she has been spoiled and so of course she's going to have relationship problems.

I believer her first love was Takumi (yasu was just a rebound guy who listened to her fustrations). Takumi was always there for her. And she was always there for him when he was going through rough times. I think she was psychologically dependent on him too, b/c he was the main key in creating her success. Without Takumi, reira wouldn't be "reira of trapnest."

So, yes. She shouldn't mess with a married man (believe me, i wanted to slap her and she's one of my least favorite characters). But I could understand why she was messing with him (i think she regrets it now, b/c she's understanding that takumi doesn't really love her that way...more like a sister that he'll do anything for).

It seems like everybody in the music business (in this manga) are lonely, and they want a normal life as well. But it's hard to try that balance, especially when you're kind of fucked up in the head.

I think the closest female friend that reira has is mari.


I finished my essay hooray!!!!!!!!!! now I can respond to the comment like it was mentioned before there is a huge difference between hachi and reira for one thing hachi knows the consequences of her actions and has grown because of it. She also had junko be like a "conscious to her guide" when growing up. She has learned and grown since then. The problem with reira is that men around her have spoiled her too much like a princess and when she makes a mistakes its them to the rescue to fix her problems. I know the reason she was made fun of when she was younger was because she was half japanese and takumi was a there for her. But she should have gone beyond her comfort zone and got to know other people i.e women friends.
This in turn has effected how she is today. immature she goes into one problem over another and doesn't learn from her mistakes. Remember what happened when they were going to publish the article about staying in the same room as ren or starting an affair with shin? In the end it was all about her. The major difference between her and hachi is that despite the fact hachi has been selfish in the past she still worried about the effects her decisions had on other people and always thought about their feelings.
AS opposite to reira who does whatever she wants without considering other peoples feelings like wanting to get shin back or started a relationship with takumi for a short term. she has these thoughts about wanting many things but is never happy when she has what she's wanted.

Atleast hachi has female friends and a decent amount of guy friends who she can talk about her problems and give her good solid advice and support. Reira on the other hand doesn't have that at all. Even now she is still a spoil girl and needs to grow up and think about her actions and hpw they effect others.

I know she is human as well but at her age she should be more mature and smart. I don't like her character.
Member
1025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / California
Offline
Posted 11/27/08
I love Hachi. People r always saying that Hachi is annoying but Reira is the airhead, immature, spoiled brat.
Member
15 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 11/27/08
I personally dont care for Hachi or Reira! Nana is the only one who i can understand. Hachi is so desperate to fall in love and each time she get burned. Falling in love with a married man she can never have, being cheated on by her boyfriend and now her husband too! I mean yeah you can almost sympathize with her but she needs to stop worrying about fairytale romances and start caring more about herself and become more independent. She has a child now that she needs to give her life too that's why I applaud her in the future because she realize that Takumi is no good and she has to be on her own for a while. That is the only thing I like about her. Reira is a lonely whore who will spread her legs for any guy willing to give her attention. She slept with Yasu, Shin, Takumi and even offered her body to Ren! (and claimed it was for his own sake, yeah right). She used Yasu as a way to get over Takumi (which obviously didn't work), she used Shin as a way to escape her loneliness and this is the part that piss me off about her. She could have tried to win Takumi over many times in the past, long before he even met Hachi. Instead she suddenly desires him even more when he becomes even more out of her reach by being a married man. Reira is the cause for every bad thing that happened to Nana. If Reira would have never used an underge Shin, he would have never screwed up the way he did and Blast would have debutted successfully. If she would have never left like a spoiled brat, Ren wouldn't have to go looking for her in the dead of winter and he wouldn't have been in that accident! I really dont care for Reira, Hachi either, but Reira in particular is an annoying character to me...
Member
1025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / California
Offline
Posted 11/27/08
Here, here, Alipink.

(But I still adore hachi)
Member
23687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Not gonna tell
Offline
Posted 11/28/08
I love hachi in many ways like what grprsa has said ^_^ but I also love NANA she has so much going for her and is independent I loved her in the beginning but now that she has everything she is not happy. She is very possessive about important people in her life like ren and hachi. I know the reason is because she was abandon as a child and has always stood out and couldn't make any friends properly. But her being possessive has been a huge problem and that has lead her to have bad thought like remember when ren said she would have preferred if hachi didn't have the baby and lefted takumi and if ren left the trapnest. Ren called her out on that and that point in the story revealed her pride and possessiveness was going to be her downfall in her relationship with ren and other people.

She is going to hate herself for not making up with ren properly b4 he died this will haunt her for sure.
Member
33 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 12/3/08 , edited 12/3/08
I don't see anything wrong with Reira or any of the other characters. They just seem like human beings you'd meet everyday if you were living in Japan.


Sure, they may have flaws, but who doesn't?
Member
2650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / over the moon
Offline
Posted 12/4/08

lalamesilly wrote:


lian55 wrote:

I don't like her too, but I don't hate her either. I see her the way she is. As a flawed human being. Most of the other Nana characters are like that. Don't forget that Hachi had an affair with a married man when she was 17. So, do you hate Hachi for that?


I'll tell you the difference between Reira and Hachi. First off Reira is older than Hachi and all this is happening when she is 22. You might think 17 and 22 not make much of a difference, but think of it as comparing a high school student to a grad student. Yes alot of these characters are flawed hence the genre Josei. Most of us or even all of us don't hate Hachi for what she did, because in the end she knew what she did was wrong, remember when she screamed out to Asano don't cheat on your wife? Well did REIRA do something like that sincerely? Even after 6-9 years Reira remains immature and IMO an example of who I hate. That's why alot of us hate Reira, and that is also another reason why we don't hate Hachi.


There should be a big difference between a high school and a grad student but bear in mind were not talking about educational attainment here and the fact that love is not part of school curriculum so I think that a girl in 17 can act and do what a 22 year old can do or a girl in her 20’s will act and think as same as 17 year old. I’m not sure if this makes sense but my views in love when I was 17 is same when I was in my early 20’s not much difference really.

As we can see hachi before was still the same person in her 20 the easy girl who falls in and out of love easily. Remember she was with shouji she never fights for him instead she was the one who gave up. The only moment she mature was when she knew that she’s going to have a baby and that is life changing. I don’t hate reira and she is not that immature. When I think about it reira is pitiful individual she tried to change even to the point of buying love when it didn’t work she went back to her old self wanting desperately to be loved by the only one man that man who used her as a tool, as a singing machine. When she ends up begging for his love even knowing he is married all he did was sleep with her so in the end it was always one sided love. When everything falls to pieces reira feels nothing but hatred and revenge towards that guy. The only thing I don’t like about her is the fact that she created turmoil of hachi and takumi’s relationship. Other than that, she actually add spice to the story.
Member
140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/4/08
Yay Reira bashing time kidding ^^
I gonna ( TRY) to give a neutral view point.
I think Reira suffers from what is call " inferior complex". Her actions lead me to wonder whether she would do everything ( although she may be unconscious of that ) to have people look at her, love her, an treasure her. She always think that if she does not sing, then she is worthless. Her sacrifice action to help Ren was actually an act to help her as well, maybe she would not feel so lost and deserted ( by Takumi ) if she is needed by someone, thus she was devastated when Ren refused her help ( since Nana would hate it ). She would not believe anyone would love her for who she is- I mean, not as Reira of Trapnest but just as Reira, that explains why she does not have any girl friend? ^^
I think Takumi cannot love Reira and Hachi as the same time, since I think Hachi is actually quite realistic ( she knows what is real and what is not, or else why should she married Takumi, the fairytale-destroyer? ) whereas Reira keeps refusing to leave her own comfort zone, as a result, we can see that she suffers great impact in the future scenario, becomes very cynical ( about Takumi ) and lonely.
So shoud I sympathize her? if :sympathize" means " agree with her actions" then hell, no, if synpathize means " love her" then no again , if sympathize means " ok lah, I forgive you" ( man acting so high and mighty here ) then yes, I sympathize you Reira
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.