First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Humanity is insignificant
26342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Stamford, CT
Offline
Posted 11/25/08
of course!! we're just a little planet in an infinite universe!1

Star Ocean here I come!!!
Posted 11/25/08

Allhailodin wrote:

Think about how big the earth is, from one side of the earth to the other(going straight through at the equator) is roughly 3,963.22974 miles. Big right ? Nah, I'll make you realize just how insignificant we really are

The Milky Way Galaxy is roughly 100,000 light years across

1 light year = 5.87849981 × (10 to the 12th) miles

5.87849981 × (10 to the 12th) x 100 000 = 5.87849981 × (10 to the 17th)

5.87849981 × (10 to the 17th) = 587,800,000,000,000,000

Now the earth is only a mere 3,963.22 miles.

When you compare 3,963.22 to 587,800,000,000,000,000, you realize the humanity as a whole is so insignificant it's hilarious.

Now you have to realize that there are probally 100'ds of other 587,800,000,000,000,000 mile galaxies out there seperated by hundreds of times more of space. By now, the earth is on a atomic level. Truly insignificant. Humanity is truly insignificant, its funny.


If that's the case then how about you go kill yourself? Just saying if humanity is so insignifigant and if humans are so evil, then it wouldn't matter if we all got blown up the next day. Not trying to be rude or anything.
693 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

Allhailodin wrote:
So if something like human immunodeficiency virus or lassa fever or even marburg, wipes humans off the face of the earth, it's going to make a difference ? Not on a galatic or universal scale bro. If HR-8210 goes super-nova and sterilizes this planet off ALL life. Its going to make a difference ? Nah. Not really


well, it also does not make a difference if humans destroy entire universe since nobody cares.
of course some cosmic body can easily wipe humanity from space, but humanity can do same there is no physical laws that forbid us explode stars or convert entire solar systems into spaceships same like viruses do in your body.
some time ago humans also imagined that they are insignificant in the gigantic earth planet, but now we see that was wrong.

so it is not impossible that someday we will talk about some global galactic problems like do about global warming now.




1262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/25/08
LOL wow.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

Gaia93 wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:

Think about how big the earth is, from one side of the earth to the other(going straight through at the equator) is roughly 3,963.22974 miles. Big right ? Nah, I'll make you realize just how insignificant we really are

The Milky Way Galaxy is roughly 100,000 light years across

1 light year = 5.87849981 × (10 to the 12th) miles

5.87849981 × (10 to the 12th) x 100 000 = 5.87849981 × (10 to the 17th)

5.87849981 × (10 to the 17th) = 587,800,000,000,000,000

Now the earth is only a mere 3,963.22 miles.

When you compare 3,963.22 to 587,800,000,000,000,000, you realize the humanity as a whole is so insignificant it's hilarious.

Now you have to realize that there are probally 100'ds of other 587,800,000,000,000,000 mile galaxies out there seperated by hundreds of times more of space. By now, the earth is on a atomic level. Truly insignificant. Humanity is truly insignificant, its funny.


If that's the case then how about you go kill yourself? Just saying if humanity is so insignifigant and if humans are so evil, then it wouldn't matter if we all got blown up the next day. Not trying to be rude or anything.


By that logic, are you going to kill yourself as well ? And I never said humans are evil. What is evil exactly ? If you can tell me what evil is without using any religious morals or anything from religion all together in your explanation, then i might listen to what you have to say.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

Digix wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:
So if something like human immunodeficiency virus or lassa fever or even marburg, wipes humans off the face of the earth, it's going to make a difference ? Not on a galatic or universal scale bro. If HR-8210 goes super-nova and sterilizes this planet off ALL life. Its going to make a difference ? Nah. Not really


well, it also does not make a difference if humans destroy entire universe since nobody cares.
of course some cosmic body can easily wipe humanity from space, but humanity can do same there is no physical laws that forbid us explode stars or convert entire solar systems into spaceships same like viruses do in your body.
some time ago humans also imagined that they are insignificant in the gigantic earth planet, but now we see that was wrong.

so it is not impossible that someday we will talk about some global galactic problems like do about global warming now.




but humanity can do same there is no physical laws that forbid us explode stars or convert entire solar systems into spaceships same like viruses do in your body.


How exactly do you go about exploding a star, a star explodes when it loses fuel and can no longer hold it self together under its own gravity.

A virus uses human body as a host. It also uses it as a method of transportation, to continue to survive.

Using a solar system as a spaceship, how do you do that ? You can use a spaceship to travel though a solar system. But not the other way around.


so it is not impossible that someday we will talk about some global galactic problems like do about global warming now.


Global warming is not a huge issue. It's a natural warming phase the earth goes through, Just because it's the first one that has happened during the 250,000 years homo-sapiens have been in existance. although one may have happened while humans were still homo habilis, and thus had not yet evolved into homo-sapiens. I do not know. But it's not a huge deal.
37756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / アメリカ
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

casualbrutality wrote:


sypris wrote:

Humanity is insignifigant yes but as we are humans we arent insignifigant. We need ourselves to survive so in reality we arent.


Human life as a whole is highly expendable. Human life as an individual is far too precious.
How we spend the time we have between birth and death proves that we were once alive. Even if we will be forgotten with the passing of time to future generations, but at current point, that shouldn't matter now should it?


What the cute girl said.
Posted 11/25/08

Allhailodin wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:

Think about how big the earth is, from one side of the earth to the other(going straight through at the equator) is roughly 3,963.22974 miles. Big right ? Nah, I'll make you realize just how insignificant we really are

The Milky Way Galaxy is roughly 100,000 light years across

1 light year = 5.87849981 × (10 to the 12th) miles

5.87849981 × (10 to the 12th) x 100 000 = 5.87849981 × (10 to the 17th)

5.87849981 × (10 to the 17th) = 587,800,000,000,000,000

Now the earth is only a mere 3,963.22 miles.

When you compare 3,963.22 to 587,800,000,000,000,000, you realize the humanity as a whole is so insignificant it's hilarious.

Now you have to realize that there are probally 100'ds of other 587,800,000,000,000,000 mile galaxies out there seperated by hundreds of times more of space. By now, the earth is on a atomic level. Truly insignificant. Humanity is truly insignificant, its funny.


If that's the case then how about you go kill yourself? Just saying if humanity is so insignifigant and if humans are so evil, then it wouldn't matter if we all got blown up the next day. Not trying to be rude or anything.


By that logic, are you going to kill yourself as well ? And I never said humans are evil. What is evil exactly ? If you can tell me what evil is without using any religious morals or anything from religion all together in your explanation, then i might listen to what you have to say.



First of all, I know you didn't say humans were evil, I was quoting someone else, and second I'm not that philosophical, I don't know much things about life and the universe, but I try to learn them from my experiences. Well what is evil? I’ve always thought it was a persons actions or morals that made a person evil. I could be wrong though, and if that's the case then enlighten me. What do you concider to evil to be?

And no, I probably wouldn't kill myself...
21869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Sleepy Land
Offline
Posted 11/25/08
Well, its too trublesome to count such things. I guess we would live better and happier in this world without knowing such -.-
693 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

Allhailodin wrote:
How exactly do you go about exploding a star, a star explodes when it loses fuel and can no longer hold it self together under its own gravity.

maybe suck out its fuel somehow? I dont know how to do that now, but who knows waht will happen after 10e50 years



A virus uses human body as a host. It also uses it as a method of transportation, to continue to survive.
Using a solar system as a spaceship, how do you do that ? You can use a spaceship to travel though a solar system. But not the other way around.

if we start using nanotecnology then unthinkable amount of robots will transform anything into anything so you will just infect planet with them and they build parts for you spaceship, launch them in space, collect fuel and leave all solar system dead giving enormously big spaceship in your disposition.
later you infect even more solar systems in same way and spread across the galaxy converting everything into spaceships. after you consume one galaxy why not start eating another?
also if you have fleet of spaceships that weight more than average sun why you cant just blow it into pieces and use as fuel?

Of course that is just fantasy now, but there is not physical laws that make such things impossible
and fantasies very often becomes reality.


Global warming is not a huge issue. It's a natural warming phase the earth goes through, Just because it's the first one that has happened during the 250,000 years homo-sapiens have been in existance. although one may have happened while humans were still homo habilis, and thus had not yet evolved into homo-sapiens. I do not know. But it's not a huge deal.

maybe so, but majority of scientists now prefer to think that humans are somehow involved in that.
and if arctic ice will mlt because of human intervention this will be very good proof of our significance in this planet
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

Gaia93 wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:

Think about how big the earth is, from one side of the earth to the other(going straight through at the equator) is roughly 3,963.22974 miles. Big right ? Nah, I'll make you realize just how insignificant we really are

The Milky Way Galaxy is roughly 100,000 light years across

1 light year = 5.87849981 × (10 to the 12th) miles

5.87849981 × (10 to the 12th) x 100 000 = 5.87849981 × (10 to the 17th)

5.87849981 × (10 to the 17th) = 587,800,000,000,000,000

Now the earth is only a mere 3,963.22 miles.

When you compare 3,963.22 to 587,800,000,000,000,000, you realize the humanity as a whole is so insignificant it's hilarious.

Now you have to realize that there are probally 100'ds of other 587,800,000,000,000,000 mile galaxies out there seperated by hundreds of times more of space. By now, the earth is on a atomic level. Truly insignificant. Humanity is truly insignificant, its funny.


If that's the case then how about you go kill yourself? Just saying if humanity is so insignifigant and if humans are so evil, then it wouldn't matter if we all got blown up the next day. Not trying to be rude or anything.


By that logic, are you going to kill yourself as well ? And I never said humans are evil. What is evil exactly ? If you can tell me what evil is without using any religious morals or anything from religion all together in your explanation, then i might listen to what you have to say.



First of all, I know you didn't say humans were evil, I was quoting someone else, and second I'm not that philosophical, I don't know much things about life and the universe, but I try to learn them from my experiences. Well what is evil? I’ve always thought it was a persons actions or morals that made a person evil. I could be wrong though, and if that's the case then enlighten me. What do you concider to evil to be?

And no, I probably wouldn't kill myself...


I have no definition for evil, If a human kills another human its wrong, yet your "god" killed hundreds of people, so a human killing another is fine by me. I honestly have no definition of evil. People have free will, who is anybody or anything to tell me what is right and wrong. I decide that for myself.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

Digix wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:
How exactly do you go about exploding a star, a star explodes when it loses fuel and can no longer hold it self together under its own gravity.

maybe suck out its fuel somehow? I dont know how to do that now, but who knows waht will happen after 10e50 years



A virus uses human body as a host. It also uses it as a method of transportation, to continue to survive.
Using a solar system as a spaceship, how do you do that ? You can use a spaceship to travel though a solar system. But not the other way around.

if we start using nanotecnology then unthinkable amount of robots will transform anything into anything so you will just infect planet with them and they build parts for you spaceship, launch them in space, collect fuel and leave all solar system dead giving enormously big spaceship in your disposition.
later you infect even more solar systems in same way and spread across the galaxy converting everything into spaceships. after you consume one galaxy why not start eating another?
also if you have fleet of spaceships that weight more than average sun why you cant just blow it into pieces and use as fuel?

Of course that is just fantasy now, but there is not physical laws that make such things impossible
and fantasies very often becomes reality.


Global warming is not a huge issue. It's a natural warming phase the earth goes through, Just because it's the first one that has happened during the 250,000 years homo-sapiens have been in existance. although one may have happened while humans were still homo habilis, and thus had not yet evolved into homo-sapiens. I do not know. But it's not a huge deal.

maybe so, but majority of scientists now prefer to think that humans are somehow involved in that.
and if arctic ice will mlt because of human intervention this will be very good proof of our significance in this planet



if we start using nanotecnology then unthinkable amount of robots will transform anything into anything so you will just infect planet with them and they build parts for you spaceship, launch them in space, collect fuel and leave all solar system dead giving enormously big spaceship in your disposition.
later you infect even more solar systems in same way and spread across the galaxy converting everything into spaceships. after you consume one galaxy why not start eating another?
also if you have fleet of spaceships that weight more than average sun why you cant just blow it into pieces and use as fuel?


And how do you go about moving a solar system ?
1187 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Look.... im right...
Offline
Posted 11/25/08
If we are insignicant, then what is significant? size does not matter. Our existense maybe just an accident resulting from bombardment of meteors on earth but as of now we are alone in our own solar system.. there maybe other planets that have some sort of life but we our unique in our own solar system making us somewhat special and significant in some way.
15439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
71
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

Allhailodin wrote:

Think about how big the earth is, from one side of the earth to the other(going straight through at the equator) is roughly 3,963.22974 miles. Big right ? Nah, I'll make you realize just how insignificant we really are

The Milky Way Galaxy is roughly 100,000 light years across

1 light year = 5.87849981 × (10 to the 12th) miles

5.87849981 × (10 to the 12th) x 100 000 = 5.87849981 × (10 to the 17th)

5.87849981 × (10 to the 17th) = 587,800,000,000,000,000

Now the earth is only a mere 3,963.22 miles.

When you compare 3,963.22 to 587,800,000,000,000,000, you realize the humanity as a whole is so insignificant it's hilarious.

Now you have to realize that there are probally 100'ds of other 587,800,000,000,000,000 mile galaxies out there seperated by hundreds of times more of space. By now, the earth is on a atomic level. Truly insignificant. Humanity is truly insignificant, its funny.


Insignificant in terms of size, sure. But who the hell cares about space dust, cold vacuums and rocks flying around giant balls of fire? If humans were really insignificant we wouldn't be in any kind of position to make value judgments on inanimate objects. All you are doing is privilidging the size of the universe as significant. If humans were actually insignificant, your judgment of what is significant wouldn't matter because you are insignificant.
You are using human metrics, human technology, and human language to communicate with other humans, explain the significance of 587 800 000 000 000 000 miles of existence in this equation? All its doing is just sitting there. Boring. Humans are where they action is.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 11/25/08

FlavorAmazing wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:

Think about how big the earth is, from one side of the earth to the other(going straight through at the equator) is roughly 3,963.22974 miles. Big right ? Nah, I'll make you realize just how insignificant we really are

The Milky Way Galaxy is roughly 100,000 light years across

1 light year = 5.87849981 × (10 to the 12th) miles

5.87849981 × (10 to the 12th) x 100 000 = 5.87849981 × (10 to the 17th)

5.87849981 × (10 to the 17th) = 587,800,000,000,000,000

Now the earth is only a mere 3,963.22 miles.

When you compare 3,963.22 to 587,800,000,000,000,000, you realize the humanity as a whole is so insignificant it's hilarious.

Now you have to realize that there are probally 100'ds of other 587,800,000,000,000,000 mile galaxies out there seperated by hundreds of times more of space. By now, the earth is on a atomic level. Truly insignificant. Humanity is truly insignificant, its funny.


Insignificant in terms of size, sure. But who the hell cares about space dust, cold vacuums and rocks flying around giant balls of fire? If humans were really insignificant we wouldn't be in any kind of position to make value judgments on inanimate objects. All you are doing is privilidging the size of the universe as significant. If humans were actually insignificant, your judgment of what is significant wouldn't matter because you are insignificant.
You are using human metrics, human technology, and human language to communicate with other humans, explain the significance of 587 800 000 000 000 000 miles of existence in this equation? All its doing is just sitting there. Boring. Humans are where they action is.


Would it make a difference if humans fell of the face of the earth ? Nah, if all of humanity ceased to exist for some reason, what difference will it make on a universal scale ? None. We have yet to leave an impact on our galaxy, so no other forms of life will remember us. If we were to all die right now, it wouldn't make a difference anyway, would it ?

587 800 000 000 000 000 miles is a vast vast area, the earth takes up nothing in that space. humans are confined to the earth. so there is a lot of space we haven't explored yet, and since we havent explored it, we have left no impact on the other forms of life, nothing, or nobody will remember us.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.