Created by Drkcloud
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
What do you feel about legalizing gay marriage?
1411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 11/27/08 , edited 11/29/08
OH MAH GAD CONTROVERSIAL QUESTION PENDING!

let me lay down some ground rules:

1.like the question says, what'd all of ya'll feel about the rights for gays to marry? please leave insightful worthwhile answers as opposed to a few words.
2.please avoid as much flaming or bashing as possible. replies are definitely encouraged but lets not denounce other people's opinion. rather, counter it intelligently and constructively.
3.give reasons of some sort when answering, it will be marked spam when the answer is plain yes or no once again i will mark those post as spam as it does not help us reach any conclusion or give us any different insights simply by saying yes or no. please follow this rule as i am trying to make this a serious thread.

here, let me start it off.

~personally i'm indifferent about gay's having the right to HOWEVER i disapprove of them forcing it into the consititution. marriage is a religious ceremony ( yes it indeed is) so thus the state has no right in saying yes or no. its the right of their church to say so. if they want benefit of marriage they might as well get a civil union. it has almost all of the benefits.

~what activist group should be pushing for is not legalizing gay's right to marriage but rather force a uniform set of benefits for civil unions( for those that are uninformed civil union's benefit vary by state)


btw: i'll try my best to keep up with the replys towards posts

<-quite surprised that i can get serious answers in this forum /shocked
24893 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Finland
Offline
Posted 11/27/08
I approve. Gays deserve the same rights like straight people have

And I want my godfather to find him self a cute bride... or husband, whatever he's into.
1411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 11/27/08

Rukiness wrote:

I approve. Gays deserve the same rights like straight people have

And I want my godfather to find him self a cute bride... or husband, whatever he's into.


good for him but i recommend a civil union better in NY a divorce is absolute HELL, not that i'm implying that they'll be divorced. but just incase.
Posted 11/27/08
I'll rather not answer, from a christian's view.
1411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 11/27/08 , edited 11/27/08

stareye_pink wrote:

I'll rather not answer, from a christian's view.


well honestly, the anonymity of the internet shields you from public scrutiny so open up and talk about it to your heart's content. besides this is an intelligent thread no ones gonna call you douche or anything of that sort.

P.S. honestly though feel free to post about your honest opinions.
1054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / SINGAPORE
Offline
Posted 11/27/08
who cares...gay marriage wont affect you anyway....anyway that means more girls to go around for us straight guys...haha
1411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 11/27/08 , edited 11/27/08

Razen wrote:

who cares...gay marriage wont affect you anyway....anyway that means more girls to go around for us straight guys...haha


well not really, gay marriage does affect you even if you don't notice it. also i don't think gay marriage would've meant theres more girls to go between us =p considering that gays that wanted to marry would've been gay anyways hehe.

btw legalizing gay marriage would not only go against church teaching but it'll be an extremely liberal move whats next legalizing marriage between people and animals?

also it'll take years to pass off to amend it in the constitution not to mention it drives politicians from other more pressing matters at hand such as the economy and the war on iraq
1807 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Omnipresent
Offline
Posted 11/27/08
It's not like im against it..it's just that its troubling me that what if in the future...this would be the reason for mankind extinction?
1411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 11/27/08

Jusannichi wrote:

It's not like im against it..it's just that its troubling me that what if in the future...this would be the reason for mankind extinction?


well i think you should worry more about aids causing mankind extinction then gay marriage heh. besides if you honestly think about it. a straight person wouldn't deal with gay marriage. its just wether or not we accept gay marriage as a kind of marriage as opposed to say wether or not we accept gays. ( which we do in the United States)

~trying to argue for both side here someone help me out!
Posted 11/27/08

Jusannichi wrote:

It's not like im against it..it's just that its troubling me that what if in the future...this would be the reason for mankind extinction?


^ Thanks for shouting out my point. Being a christian, if the idea is ever approved, then why do God need to create both man and woman? The whole universe will be in a mess and maybe you can even marry dogs and cats in the future.

There's a site on 12 reasons why same sex marriage will ruin society. Have a look if you're interested.
http://grove.ufl.edu/~ggsa/gaymarriage.html

1807 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Omnipresent
Offline
Posted 11/27/08

Drkcloud wrote:


Jusannichi wrote:

It's not like im against it..it's just that its troubling me that what if in the future...this would be the reason for mankind extinction?


well i think you should worry more about aids causing mankind extinction then gay marriage heh. besides if you honestly think about it. a straight person wouldn't deal with gay marriage. its just wether or not we accept gay marriage as a kind of marriage as opposed to say wether or not we accept gays. ( which we do in the United States)

~trying to argue for both side here someone help me out!


in the future lol i dont tink there would be aids..right..? but the influence of homosexuality..*shivers* though i admit from the little knowledge i know about it, gay marriage IS acceptable, it's just...*sigh* and what if that straight person is the gay's brother..? o-or father?
1807 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Omnipresent
Offline
Posted 11/27/08 , edited 11/27/08

stareye_pink wrote:


Jusannichi wrote:

It's not like im against it..it's just that its troubling me that what if in the future...this would be the reason for mankind extinction?


^ Thanks for shouting out my point. Being a christian, if the idea is ever approved, then why do God need to create both man and woman? The whole universe will be in a mess and maybe you can even marry dogs and cats in the future.

There's a site on 12 reasons why same sex marriage will ruin society. Have a look if you're interested.
http://grove.ufl.edu/~ggsa/gaymarriage.html



^^ lol Umm...sure i'll go look
1411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 11/27/08

stareye_pink wrote:


Jusannichi wrote:

It's not like im against it..it's just that its troubling me that what if in the future...this would be the reason for mankind extinction?


^ Thanks for shouting out my point. Being a christian, if the idea is ever approved, then why do God need to create both man and woman? The whole universe will be in a mess and maybe you can even marry dogs and cats in the future.

There's a site on 12 reasons why same sex marriage will ruin society. Have a look if you're interested.
http://grove.ufl.edu/~ggsa/gaymarriage.html




i agree with the whole being able to marry dogs and cats in the future being insane. i mean seeing how people become more and more desensitized to our society of trampling our legislation is pretty bad =( although i'm not truly a diehard conservative i still believe in traditions being upheld.


Posted 11/27/08 , edited 11/27/08
Jusannichi: You can put the content of your posts in one single post. You can't post double posts, it's in the forum rules.

Either way, the idea has been debating for quite awhile. Maybe you guys would like to have a look at this.
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/Relationships/same_sex_marriage_poll_040121.html

Drkcloud: You're right. Sometimes you must keep to the tradition and changing it will cause a great impact on the society. You can never predict what will happen later on.
1411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 11/27/08 , edited 11/27/08


in the future lol i dont tink there would be aids..right..? but the influence of homosexuality..*shivers* though i admit from the little knowledge i know about it, gay marriage IS acceptable, it's just...*sigh* and what if that straight person is the gay's brother..? o-or father?

well i mean at that point i'm sure the said gay person has either grown to accept it or has to deal with it. i mean if you know your child or brother was gay then i don't see why it would make a difference if he was getting married but i see your point. it does seem rather uncomfortable having to deal with your relative's sexual orientation being made public specially if its not conformed to society but hey! we're a pretty liberal country. doubt people'll care much about it

star: i agree completely i mean take a look at the de-regulation of banks for example it was because people didn't uphold the tradition of regulating their spendings and who loans to what that they went insane with the loans and look at it now! a recession. thats what you get out of trampling on held traditions, it just digs a deeper hole that seems bottomless

~alright i'll try to keep it in one post but its hard to respond to people =( also is it possible to quote more then one person at a time?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.