Created by Drkcloud
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
What do you feel about legalizing gay marriage?
Posted 11/27/08

Rukiness wrote:

I approve. Gays deserve the same rights like straight people have

And I want my godfather to find him self a cute bride... or husband, whatever he's into.


so people with relationships to family member or objects ALSO have the same rights as we do?
so since were letting gays get married, since we live in a fair world, we also have to let people with all kind of relationships get married as well?
No thanks i dont want to live in a world where someone can marry an iPod.
I also dont see why they have to get married, many people i know (including my parents) are not married, they have just done everything a married couple does, just subtracte the ceremony. They are happy and i dont see why gays are making a big fuss out of this.
102495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Paradise⌒☆
Offline
Posted 11/27/08
Approve. I'm bisexual and if I want to marry a chick, nobody should be able to tell me otherwise
1807 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Omnipresent
Offline
Posted 11/27/08

Drkcloud wrote:



in the future lol i dont tink there would be aids..right..? but the influence of homosexuality..*shivers* though i admit from the little knowledge i know about it, gay marriage IS acceptable, it's just...*sigh* and what if that straight person is the gay's brother..? o-or father?

well i mean at that point i'm sure the said gay person has either grown to accept it or has to deal with it. i mean if you know your child or brother was gay then i don't see why it would make a difference if he was getting married but i see your point. it does seem rather uncomfortable having to deal with your relative's sexual orientation being made public specially if its not conformed to society but hey! we're a pretty liberal country. doubt people'll care much about it

star: i agree completely i mean take a look at the de-regulation of banks for example it was because people didn't uphold the tradition of regulating their spendings and who loans to what that they went insane with the loans and look at it now! a recession. thats what you get out of trampling on held traditions, it just digs a deeper hole that seems bottomless

~alright i'll try to keep it in one post but its hard to respond to people =( also is it possible to quote more then one person at a time?

It's possible ^^ its labled multi-quote.
1411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 11/27/08 , edited 11/27/08
to star: i LOVE that website you posted just earlier its hilarious. here leme just link what they say.

1.Homosexuality is not natural, much like eyeglasses, polyester, and birth control are not natural.
2.Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children. Infertile couples and old people cannot get legally married because the world needs more children.
3.Obviously gay parents will raise gay children because straight parents only raise straight children.
4.Straight marriage will be less meaningful, since Britney Spears's 55-hour just-for-fun marriage was meaningful.
5.Heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time, and it hasn't changed at all: women are property, Blacks can't marry Whites, and divorce is illegal.
6.Gay marriage should be decided by the people, not the courts, because the majority-elected legislatures, not courts, have historically protected the rights of minorities.
7.Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are always imposed on the entire country. That's why we only have one religion in America.
8.Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people makes you tall.
Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior.
9.People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage license.
10.Children can never succeed without both male and female role models at home. That's why single parents are forbidden to raise children.
11.Gay marriage will change the foundation of society. Heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time, and we could never adapt to new social norms because we haven't adapted to cars or longer lifespans.
12.Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a different name are better, because a "separate but equal" institution is always constitutional. Separate schools for African-Americans worked just as well as separate marriages will for gays & lesbians.

i love the sarcasm they used.don't agree with 8.9 although its still pretty hilarious
1510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
nowhere land
Offline
Posted 11/27/08
I don't approved coz i see it as immoral. men are for women and women are for men. that's simple.
just my opinion. peace!!!
24893 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Finland
Offline
Posted 11/27/08

mcvf wrote:


Rukiness wrote:

I approve. Gays deserve the same rights like straight people have

And I want my godfather to find him self a cute bride... or husband, whatever he's into.


so people with relationships to family member or objects ALSO have the same rights as we do?
so since were letting gays get married, since we live in a fair world, we also have to let people with all kind of relationships get married as well?
No thanks i dont want to live in a world where someone can marry an iPod.
I also dont see why they have to get married, many people i know (including my parents) are not married, they have just done everything a married couple does, just subtracte the ceremony. They are happy and i dont see why gays are making a big fuss out of this.

Having a relationship with a family member is totally different than having relationship with a person who's the same sex as you are I just don't see the problem, in a way they're just like straight people.
3549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76
Offline
Posted 11/27/08

mcvf wrote:


Rukiness wrote:

I approve. Gays deserve the same rights like straight people have

And I want my godfather to find him self a cute bride... or husband, whatever he's into.


so people with relationships to family member or objects ALSO have the same rights as we do?
so since were letting gays get married, since we live in a fair world, we also have to let people with all kind of relationships get married as well?
No thanks i dont want to live in a world where someone can marry an iPod.
I also dont see why they have to get married, many people i know (including my parents) are not married, they have just done everything a married couple does, just subtracte the ceremony. They are happy and i dont see why gays are making a big fuss out of this.


You just took it WAY out of topic.
She didn't mention anyone marrying a iPod or having family members marrying family members (incest, but that's a different subject)


They are happy and i dont see why gays are making a big fuss out of this.

Why shouldn't they get married? Since marriage is that much of a big deal.
Some people believe marriage will preserve their love for each other - forever and on.
What is wrong with that?
Posted 11/27/08
Totally, drkcloud and Jusan. It's like, don't just get obsessed with personal interests, look deeper into it and have some mercy for the society and the world.

II don't strongly disapprove on gay relationships, but making gay marriage legal?! No. Just like we've mentioned above, the consequences can't be all taken care of. I'm sure this thread won't last long though, unless there's lesser flaming or no flaming later on.
Posted 11/27/08

Rukiness wrote:


mcvf wrote:


Rukiness wrote:

I approve. Gays deserve the same rights like straight people have

And I want my godfather to find him self a cute bride... or husband, whatever he's into.


so people with relationships to family member or objects ALSO have the same rights as we do?
so since were letting gays get married, since we live in a fair world, we also have to let people with all kind of relationships get married as well?
No thanks i dont want to live in a world where someone can marry an iPod.
I also dont see why they have to get married, many people i know (including my parents) are not married, they have just done everything a married couple does, just subtracte the ceremony. They are happy and i dont see why gays are making a big fuss out of this.

Having a relationship with a family member is totally different than having relationship with a person who's the same sex as you are I just don't see the problem, in a way they're just like straight people.


since we try to live in a world where everyone has the same rights, if we give a right to one kind of person everyone will demand it cause "they deserve the same rights". For example if i give you a cookie i have to give everyone a cookie or else that would be unfair.
Just like giving only gays the right to marriage this will open thr door for other relationships (like incest) to be legalized.
Cause incest people have the same rights as gays
right?
5561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Neverland
Offline
Posted 11/27/08 , edited 11/27/08
agree~
Everyone has a right to love who they want 2 love & they've earned the right 2 be with each other
Posted 11/27/08

courtknee wrote:


mcvf wrote:


Rukiness wrote:

I approve. Gays deserve the same rights like straight people have

And I want my godfather to find him self a cute bride... or husband, whatever he's into.


so people with relationships to family member or objects ALSO have the same rights as we do?
so since were letting gays get married, since we live in a fair world, we also have to let people with all kind of relationships get married as well?
No thanks i dont want to live in a world where someone can marry an iPod.
I also dont see why they have to get married, many people i know (including my parents) are not married, they have just done everything a married couple does, just subtracte the ceremony. They are happy and i dont see why gays are making a big fuss out of this.


You just took it WAY out of topic.
She didn't mention anyone marrying a iPod or having family members marrying family members (incest, but that's a different subject)


They are happy and i dont see why gays are making a big fuss out of this.

Why shouldn't they get married? Since marriage is that much of a big deal.
Some people believe marriage will preserve their love for each other - forever and on.
What is wrong with that?


No its really not
as i have already said we live in a country (im guessing your from the states) where everyone has the same rights. Therefore if you give a right to one kind of person everyone will demand it.
This is no different then gay marriage, give them rights for marriage and we have to give every kind of relationship that right.
That includes incest and marrying iPods.
so no i didnt take it WAY out of topic you are just not considering the consequence of gay marriage.
3549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76
Offline
Posted 11/27/08 , edited 11/27/08


In the US, there is barely [or even no] hype about making incest and/or marrying iPods legal.
We have fucking rallys everywhere across the US about gay marriage, but you don't see rallys about incest, do you?
Because the percentage of gay people is MUCH bigger than the people who participate in incest.
I believe we can make gay marriage legal, without having to make incest or 'marrying iPods' legal also.
You wouldn't know - because you don't live in the US.
24893 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Finland
Offline
Posted 11/27/08

mcvf wrote:


Rukiness wrote:


mcvf wrote:


Rukiness wrote:

I approve. Gays deserve the same rights like straight people have

And I want my godfather to find him self a cute bride... or husband, whatever he's into.


so people with relationships to family member or objects ALSO have the same rights as we do?
so since were letting gays get married, since we live in a fair world, we also have to let people with all kind of relationships get married as well?
No thanks i dont want to live in a world where someone can marry an iPod.
I also dont see why they have to get married, many people i know (including my parents) are not married, they have just done everything a married couple does, just subtracte the ceremony. They are happy and i dont see why gays are making a big fuss out of this.

Having a relationship with a family member is totally different than having relationship with a person who's the same sex as you are I just don't see the problem, in a way they're just like straight people.


since we try to live in a world where everyone has the same rights, if we give a right to one kind of person everyone will demand it cause "they deserve the same rights". For example if i give you a cookie i have to give everyone a cookie or else that would be unfair.
Just like giving only gays the right to marriage this will open thr door for other relationships (like incest) to be legalized.
Cause incest people have the same rights as gays
right?

Yeah, I know it's not possible, because of people are racist and then everybody else would want the same rights. But you're right, all incest-people would want right too.
For me, incest is totally different kinda "league" than homosexuals, so I didn't really think about it.

Maybe marriage should be illegal and everything would be more fair, because even straights can't marry.
Posted 11/27/08 , edited 11/27/08

courtknee wrote:



In the US, there is barely [or even no] hype about making incest and/or marrying iPods legal.
We have fucking rallys everywhere across the US about gay marriage, but you don't see rallys about incest, do you?
Because the percentage of gay people is MUCH bigger than the people who participate in incest.
I believe we can make gay marriage legal, without having to make incest or 'marrying iPods' legal also.
You wouldn't know - because you don't live in the US.


that comment about me not living in the states was a step to far. I have gone to school in the states theres no difference except for the language. We as well have rallys for gays and such.
People who like their cousin or iPod are in the same position as gays were a few years ago, they keep it a secret becuase people like yourself will discriminate. You are treating those people the same way people use to treat the gays and that is the true unfair thing,
13092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/27/08
hm.. I would approve gay people should have rights just like us straight people..
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.