I NEED COMPUTER HELP!!
Posted 11/29/08
Yahoo answer's is being gay , so i decided to ask the nice users of CR.

Okay so , none of my game's will start.
a example is my steam , it wont load.
and my internet is perfectly fine.
After waiting 3 minutes or so (Not usual takes usually 30 seconds)

After those 3 minutes of waiting it would say connecting , then offline.
its not a internet problem, im not banned, it does it to another game to ( combat arms )
it takes forever to start then says offline.
It worked earlier today before my brother used the computer.

Other games work , But its certain game's.
And certain sites on the internet.
example.
takes about 3 minutes to get to the site.

then this is what happens.

the site isnt down.
its the combat arms site to.
its certain SITES.
Certain GAMES.

Whats the problem...?
5561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Neverland
Offline
Posted 11/29/08
^ and ppl wonder why I have a mac
~~~~~~
as 4 ur question, sry I have no clue
Posted 11/29/08

lonely_devil wrote:

^ and ppl wonder why I have a mac
~~~~~~
as 4 ur question, sry I have no clue


it is nothing with the computer.
it is a program my brother did or something.
Posted 11/29/08

Deathguitar wrote:

Yahoo answer's is being gay , so i decided to ask the nice users of CR.

Okay so , none of my game's will start.
a example is my steam , it wont load.
and my internet is perfectly fine.
After waiting 3 minutes or so (Not usual takes usually 30 seconds)

After those 3 minutes of waiting it would say connecting , then offline.
its not a internet problem, im not banned, it does it to another game to ( combat arms )
it takes forever to start then says offline.
It worked earlier today before my brother used the computer.

Other games work , But its certain game's.
And certain sites on the internet.
example.
takes about 3 minutes to get to the site.

then this is what happens.

the site isnt down.
its the combat arms site to.
its certain SITES.
Certain GAMES.

Whats the problem...?




Only thing that comes to mined is its been banned on your pc so...

go to start>run> notepad c:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts



scroll down an see if the steam site is on that list maybe if your not the admin it could be that if your running an update windows operating system?
Posted 11/29/08

xce91 wrote:


Deathguitar wrote:

Yahoo answer's is being gay , so i decided to ask the nice users of CR.

Okay so , none of my game's will start.
a example is my steam , it wont load.
and my internet is perfectly fine.
After waiting 3 minutes or so (Not usual takes usually 30 seconds)

After those 3 minutes of waiting it would say connecting , then offline.
its not a internet problem, im not banned, it does it to another game to ( combat arms )
it takes forever to start then says offline.
It worked earlier today before my brother used the computer.

Other games work , But its certain game's.
And certain sites on the internet.
example.
takes about 3 minutes to get to the site.

then this is what happens.

the site isnt down.
its the combat arms site to.
its certain SITES.
Certain GAMES.

Whats the problem...?




Only thing that comes to mined is its been banned on your pc so...

go to start>run> notepad c:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts



scroll down an see if the steam site is on that list maybe if your not the admin it could be that if your running an update windows operating system?


its not on the list took my a while to look.
whats the 2nd one?
Posted 11/29/08
erm it doesnt matter because from what im seeing your not running vista
Posted 11/29/08 , edited 11/29/08

xce91 wrote:

erm it doesnt matter because from what im seeing your not running vista


Nope.
i dont knoww what is going on =[

edit: my brother does something.

he can fix it anytime.

but he does it to punish me.
Posted 11/29/08

Deathguitar wrote:


xce91 wrote:

erm it doesnt matter because from what im seeing your not running vista


Nope.
i dont knoww what is going on =[

edit: my brother does something.

he can fix it anytime.

but he does it to punish me.


lol aren't you 18 ?? go beat him with a stick
Posted 11/29/08

xce91 wrote:


Deathguitar wrote:


xce91 wrote:

erm it doesnt matter because from what im seeing your not running vista


Nope.
i dont knoww what is going on =[

edit: my brother does something.

he can fix it anytime.

but he does it to punish me.


lol aren't you 18 ?? go beat him with a stick


im 14.
lol hes 19
Posted 11/29/08
try downloading avira and ccleaner must be some junks that interering with you connection... those always helps my pc runs a little faster...
Posted 11/29/08

pyon-pyon-fumu-fumu-yeah-yeah wrote:

try downloading avira and ccleaner must be some junks that interering with you connection... those always helps my pc runs a little faster...


nope.
Posted 11/29/08

Deathguitar wrote:


pyon-pyon-fumu-fumu-yeah-yeah wrote:

try downloading avira and ccleaner must be some junks that interering with you connection... those always helps my pc runs a little faster...


nope.


must be your internet connection or somethings wrong with your router if you are using a wireless... but scanning for virus wont hurt
Posted 11/29/08

pyon-pyon-fumu-fumu-yeah-yeah wrote:


Deathguitar wrote:


pyon-pyon-fumu-fumu-yeah-yeah wrote:

try downloading avira and ccleaner must be some junks that interering with you connection... those always helps my pc runs a little faster...


nope.


must be your internet connection or somethings wrong with your router if you are using a wireless... but scanning for virus wont hurt


my brother , its a program.
my brother does something to the computer.
im trying to find out what.
Posted 11/29/08

Deathguitar wrote:


pyon-pyon-fumu-fumu-yeah-yeah wrote:


Deathguitar wrote:


pyon-pyon-fumu-fumu-yeah-yeah wrote:

try downloading avira and ccleaner must be some junks that interering with you connection... those always helps my pc runs a little faster...


nope.


must be your internet connection or somethings wrong with your router if you are using a wireless... but scanning for virus wont hurt


my brother , its a program.
my brother does something to the computer.
im trying to find out what.


if its a program then u can find... press ctrl+alt+del tand go to task manager go to process and google what kind of .exe <process informayion> are running there you might figure what kind of program is it....
66185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 11/29/08

Deathguitar wrote:

Yahoo answer's is being gay , so i decided to ask the nice users of CR.

Whats the problem...?


Hehe sorry really can't help ^-^
Please post this question in this thread:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-710/The-Tech-Thread-Computer-Geek-Stuff.html
Forums will be messy if we have a new thread for every tech problem~

~Locked
You must be logged in to post.