First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Non-Religious people are more likely to be Intelligent than the religious.
636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Andromeda
Offline
Posted 11/30/08
Religious people from some religions more strategist; they care about the afterlife : P .

So,when we meet after death, we shall know who were more Intelligent?

btw Islam never be against sciences but always incites people to think, to observe, to rationalize, and use sound mind and It's stated in Quran that scientists are the most knowledgeable of the secrets of creation hence they truly fear God [35:27-28]. Maybe you wonder why the muslim scientists are rare these days,
it's the poor support by their governments.
.



310 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 11/30/08

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=4EWyD34FxmI&feature=related

Non-Religious people are more likely to be Intelligent than the religious.

Only 7.0% of the science community is religious. Its been shown that A persons IQ has a lot to do with there religion.

Rational minds have little need for Gods.


Do you think thats true?
Why Or Why Not

~Yes,i absolutely believe that more people that are non-religious are smarter than religious ones.Priests and nuns say things about God being the creator of all.The one true God and some other crap.Religions just brainwashes our minds to keep us from the reality of this harsh world.Besides, if God was really the creator of everything,then why are there so many Gods out there besides God the Father?Like Pan-Gu,Allah and other Religious Gods.What,did they create the world altogether?But they say that there is only one true God,yet there are so many Gods that are being fancied.People just wanted some hope so that their lives would have a purpose.Which resulted to having a religious group saying crap.So yeah,rational people are more likely to be smarter than religious ones because they tend to know more about the world we live not believe what elders say.
2066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 11/30/08 , edited 11/30/08
can never be proven, its just going to make it seems so based on statistics

just like the big bang theory and intelligent design can never truly be proven beyond good guesses
1557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / SoCal
Offline
Posted 11/30/08
As far as I'm concerned, science =/= intelligence. Sure, it takes intelligence to become a scientist, but there are plenty of smart people who study other subjects, and they may very well be religious. If anything, your point shows that scientists tend to want definite proof of something to acknowledge its existence, but that's nothing new. Therefore, that statistic doesn't support the claim that non-religious people are more intelligent.
757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 11/30/08
hahahaha, funny

You forgot that a lot of well known scientists have religion. Newton, Mendel, maxwell, Galileo, etc. You can find it in any source.

Oh, and having religion is different than being religious.
1125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/1/08

tsumiro wrote:

*sigh* religion holds us back as an entire species. many scientists (galileo, etc) tossed away ideas because of this imaginary "god" person. also many were forced to do so. "god" is not real, never has been. "HE" WAS MADE UP BY PEOPLE. THERE IS NO PROOF TO SUPPORT THE CLAIMS OF "HIS" EXISTANCE.


Although you maybe right, think about what will happen if people don't believe in a higher power...
1125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/1/08

Chef_In_Black wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=4EWyD34FxmI&feature=related

Non-Religious people are more likely to be Intelligent than the religious.

Only 7.0% of the science community is religious. Its been shown that A persons IQ has a lot to do with there religion.

Rational minds have little need for Gods.


Do you think thats true?
Why Or Why Not

~Yes,i absolutely believe that more people that are non-religious are smarter than religious ones.Priests and nuns say things about God being the creator of all.The one true God and some other crap.Religions just brainwashes our minds to keep us from the reality of this harsh world.Besides, if God was really the creator of everything,then why are there so many Gods out there besides God the Father?Like Pan-Gu,Allah and other Religious Gods.What,did they create the world altogether?But they say that there is only one true God,yet there are so many Gods that are being fancied.People just wanted some hope so that their lives would have a purpose.Which resulted to having a religious group saying crap.So yeah,rational people are more likely to be smarter than religious ones because they tend to know more about the world we live not believe what elders say.


Both religious and non-religious people are rational...look up what rationality means.
Also religions don't brainwash people...you are given a choice to follow or not...Religion is more than a debate about a one true God....it's not about the existence of a Divine being but about the teachings that would enable us to become rational beings so we can co-exist. Think about it, all those religious figures like God, Allah, Vishnu, Buddha, Zeus, Odin, are just there to become symbols of being a rational being. If you've noticed the Bible is full of confusing stories that have hidden meaning. Don't blame religion, blame the people who uses it as an advantage to control the people for their own purposes.


1125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/1/08

willby wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


willby wrote:

*commie allert*


http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=xg6_E8HyqGc

You should call into this show, I love to see what type of debate you have with them.




'I can also do that!

!!!!Nazi Alert!!!!


You actually belive that religious people are more stupid than non religious people? Common, if you are a bit rational, you would deny this, even if you are not religious.


True that...
1125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/1/08

tweety_cool wrote:

hahahaha, funny

You forgot that a lot of well known scientists have religion. Newton, Mendel, maxwell, Galileo, etc. You can find it in any source.

Oh, and having religion is different than being religious.


Exactly....people who agree to the "so called I.Q. study" can google how many scientists associated with religion contributed to the science community. Are they saying they're not as smart?
405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Tomorow...
Offline
Posted 12/1/08

engros wrote:


tsumiro wrote:

*sigh* religion holds us back as an entire species. many scientists (galileo, etc) tossed away ideas because of this imaginary "god" person. also many were forced to do so. "god" is not real, never has been. "HE" WAS MADE UP BY PEOPLE. THERE IS NO PROOF TO SUPPORT THE CLAIMS OF "HIS" EXISTANCE.


Although you maybe right, think about what will happen if people don't believe in a higher power...


people would cease hindering scientific discovery, 80% of all wars would be resolved?

if you cant live right, without the fear that your "boss" is gonna kick yer ass if you dont do good, you fail as a human being.

757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 12/1/08

engros wrote:


tweety_cool wrote:

hahahaha, funny

You forgot that a lot of well known scientists have religion. Newton, Mendel, maxwell, Galileo, etc. You can find it in any source.

Oh, and having religion is different than being religious.


Exactly....people who agree to the "so called I.Q. study" can google how many scientists associated with religion contributed to the science community. Are they saying they're not as smart?


True, that subjectivity because of political reason is not tolerable in science, but some people can separate their religion and science problem.

So... I guess the those people who concludes "the so called I.Q. study" is pretty dumb; taking such a specific conclusion is not very scientific.
405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Tomorow...
Offline
Posted 12/1/08
in case you didnt understand btw, science and religion go in 2 absolutely different directions. science is what can be proven, and in religion you just believe.

just cuz i believe im holding a cat doesnt mean i AM holding a cat.
1125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/1/08

tsumiro wrote:


engros wrote:


tsumiro wrote:

*sigh* religion holds us back as an entire species. many scientists (galileo, etc) tossed away ideas because of this imaginary "god" person. also many were forced to do so. "god" is not real, never has been. "HE" WAS MADE UP BY PEOPLE. THERE IS NO PROOF TO SUPPORT THE CLAIMS OF "HIS" EXISTANCE.


Although you maybe right, think about what will happen if people don't believe in a higher power...


people would cease hindering scientific discovery, 80% of all wars would be resolved?

if you cant live right, without the fear that your "boss" is gonna kick yer ass if you dont do good, you fail as a human being.



I'm too sleepy to do a lot of feedback so here's a little bit, majority of wars aren't all religious linked. Wars will always happen as long as there's argument in any group. Wars happening now is not caused by religion, even though terrorists are associated into a religious group and misuse their religion to enforce their beliefs and goals.

I'm talking about a divine power not my "boss". More importantly, science's goal is to explain things and to pursue discoveries that would benefit human life not to fulfill one's curiosity. If there is no religion, who is going to help the needy? The unprotected? The oppressed? Religion teaches co-existence and many more that helps humanity become rational thinkers...I don't believe in a god either, but I'm much more concerned about the teachings more than the fairytales
1125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/1/08 , edited 12/1/08

tsumiro wrote:

in case you didnt understand btw, science and religion go in 2 absolutely different directions. science is what can be proven, and in religion you just believe.

just cuz i believe im holding a cat doesnt mean i AM holding a cat.


Are you talking to me?
1125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/1/08

TsuruyaSan wrote:

can never be proven, its just going to make it seems so based on statistics

just like the big bang theory and intelligent design can never truly be proven beyond good guesses


True...very true...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.