First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
What's Your Reason For Hating Ren?... or Other Characters!!
Member
6974 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / in your heart:P
Offline
Posted 12/6/08

~ I agree with you o.O why people hate Ren? Image He helps Kyoko when she need help. He won't hurt her like Sho -_- he loves her Image

~ But Sho like you said just see Kyoko as an object -_- like he can trow her out when he wants or take her when he wants. Image I really can't understand people who like Sho o.O he only thinks about himself, he don't care about others and their feelings. Cha how can you say all those things to someone who's your "childhood friend" Image


i think so too..
Member
1845 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Cali
Offline
Posted 12/6/08 , edited 12/6/08
Ren is so hott and cool. He's Kyoko's acting friend and role model. If he's a little mean, it's because he wants people around him to understand acting business isn't all nice and dandy.

Sho, on the other hand, is an A**. conceited bastard. (sorry didn't mean to "curse"...lolz...just thinking of him, gets me fired up).
Member
353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 12/6/08
'Hate' is such a spiteful word to be used.
I don't hate Ren. In fact, I like him more than Sho. ;D
He motivates Kyoko in acting and he guides her.
Unlike Sho. He's evil! I agree with nini2, Sho's a BIG a** xD
Member
10465 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / At Home
Offline
Posted 12/7/08

blackhole479 wrote:

yea, ren is cooool (:

btw, personally when i first started out the manga, i really really really hate sho at first.
i mean, really. I found him really egoistic and a real narcissist.

I mean, what's with that kinda attitude?! XD lol

and yeah, but i also did not really like ren at first.
cus, wasn't he being pretty mean to kyoko in the beginning with that american gesture and all? XDD
and that 'you will never make it' look on his face kinda pissed me off... XD

but then, you know, as the story progress, ren became like-able. then became nice. then became supeeer cool. (:

meh~ XDD





I completely agree with you. At first I too didn't like Ren at first and then as the manga progressed his character became more and more lovable but at the same time I think his reasoning for bullying Kyoko at first are understandable. I mean her logic for entering showbiz would seen as a disgrace by those who are passionate about their acting.
Member
10465 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / At Home
Offline
Posted 12/7/08 , edited 12/7/08

lilmissy13 wrote:

'Hate' is such a spiteful word to be used.
I don't hate Ren. In fact, I like him more than Sho. ;D
He motivates Kyoko in acting and he guides her.
Unlike Sho. He's evil! I agree with nini2, Sho's a BIG a** xD


I apologize ... you're right about the hate thing
Perhaps it is too strong a word and maybe I should have said dislike...
23 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 12/7/08
SPOILER ALERT!!!



Wellll... I don't hate Ren per se, but I do understand how someone else could hate him. After all, even if you dislike someone's motives, it doesn't mean you have any right to use underhanded means in order to get rid of that person. As far as professionalism goes, it is perfectly understandable to expect from others what you think is the right attitude, as well as to respect those, who actually fit your expectation. I even understand the part where he dislikes the other person for being different from him. After all, you cannot exactly force yourself to like anyone.
It is, however, completely unreasonable to actually bully a person, simply because they do not share your ideals. No matter how strict you are with yourself, you have absolutely no right to try and force those ideals upon others, much less to try and destroy them for resisting. There are exceptions from that rule, but they are very rare and far between, mostly when cruelty and inhuman behavior is involved.
In any case, even while I do like Ren, that particular aspect of him I really cannot accept.
In fact, Ren seems pretty unreasonable in many aspects.
Getting between Sho and Kyouko out of jealousy, while not even being quite sure, whether or not he really is going to pursue her?* Selfish.
Same goes for the anger he feels at the realization, that Shou was the one who saved Kyouko.** Shouldn't he be worried at her mental state, instead? After all, it isn't every day a girl gets attacked and sexually harassed by an insane stalker. Even if nothing big happened, most females would be shaken just because of the fact. Ren, however, doesn't get worried, he gets ANGRY and even turns that anger on Kyouko, who, like I said, has dealt with more than enough psychological stress, already, as he well knows.
Even after meeting the Beagle, one little phrase makes him unreasonably jealous once again and, again, Ren lets his anger out on the victim, namely Kyouko.

*This being my interpretation of his actions so far. After all, he doesn't like to admit the fact that he does like her. He knows that one day he is going to leave the country. He really doesn't try to act on his feelings, other than at that one time, where, surprise, his jealousy gets the better of him. Rather petty, if you ask me.
**The nice little explanation, which goes something along the lines of "I was so angry at myself", I simply do not buy, since Ren gets jealous all the time and he's always throwing it in Kyouko's face.

Now, let it be said that Ren has a lot of redeeming qualities. He usually lets go of his anger pretty quickly, once he notices the effect it’s having on Kyouko. He’s helping her a lot. Even though he didn’t like her professionally, he still helped her when she got hurt. Also, Ren doesn’t hold grudges. Once a person changes their attitude, Ren instantly changes his attitude towards that person. Those (apart from the good looks *g*) are all reasons why I do like Ren, after all. Still, if someone decides that those qualities are not enough, I will not hold it against them.
Member
239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 12/7/08
i dnt h8 sho nemor after he saved kyoko n wen was jealous of ren lol....but ren is mean 2 kyoko sometyms bt dats how she prefers it coz it motivates her 2 do beta n he does cherish her in his own way e.g. wen he hid a lil crystal stone in de rose n made up de fairytale so she wont return de gift...n lets face it de only 1 who can handle her demons is ren since his demons r scarier dat even terrifies kyoko lol
Posted 12/7/08
I don't mind his personality or voice so you would think that I'd like him more but... well... I just don't like his character design. He's totally fugly I prefer Sho's looks to Ren's. It's like his body doesn't fit with his personality or voice? It bothers me a lot when I'm watching so I can't really appreciate his character as much as others.

That's my reason and my opinion.
87 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 12/7/08
I also didn't like Ren at the beginning but as the story progressed I've changed my attitude. Because of his feelings towards Kyoko Ren became more gentle. And it's not like he doesn't want to admit that he has feelings for Kyoko. At some point he realized what he feels and decided to fight for her - and I guess it was a decision which required a lot of courage. We still don't know much about his past but I guess there must be sth which prevents him from getting close to people. Kyoko is the person who changed this . Because of that I've decided to gamble on Ren and Kyoko. Hope she chooses Ren over Sho. I still can't forget how he treated Kyoko. Although Sho became more mature I think what's in the past can't be forgotten so easily.
Member
3198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Where I've always...
Offline
Posted 12/7/08
aw............ i like ren! i always have!

.............but sho is EVIL!!!!!!!! how dare he


and reino............. i kno he's a copy catter, but he's so evil!!!!!!!!! nya~~~
Member
8367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / risembool, amestr...
Offline
Posted 12/7/08
*Spoiler Warning!!!*

i have never hated ren even from the very beginning!!! well, sure he can be a bit mean sometimes most especially towards kyoko but that would mean that he wants her and everybody else to treat showbusiness seriously...he didn't like kyoko at first because of the knowledge that her motivation to join showbiz is because of revenge...however, as the story progresses (i'm referring to the manga) he starts to like kyoko first because of her determination and second because of her passiion towards acting. she eventually treated acting as something that she wants to do for herself and not for anyone else, most especially for sho fuwa.

sho is clearly a dislikable character after episode 1 because of his treatment to kyoko...but as the story goes on (still referring to the manga) he eventually realizes his mistake and starts to fall for her...(but personally and honestly speaking, it's quite too late that he realized his true feelings for her since he already hurt her and let her go - she deserves better...she deserves ren...^^)

and as for reino...the beagle guy...oops! the vie ghoul (right?) guy...well, he's...umm...interesting for me...i was actually looking forward to seeing him again after the karuizawa incident...but during that time when his band was threatening sho, i actually supported sho because i knew that they weren't fighting for the top rank fair and square...and i kinda liked that scene when sho saved kyoko from reino...so i think that i can't entirely say that i hate reino...but i don't like him too much either...hehehe^^

in the end, let me summarize my entire *speech* here in 3 statements...

i love and admire ren.

i sort of hate sho's personality but i love his talents and skills.

i'm indifferent towards reino.



so there you have it...hehehe^^
20 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/8/08 , edited 12/8/08

crimsonfeather wrote:

SPOILER ALERT!!!


Getting between Sho and Kyouko out of jealousy, while not even being quite sure, whether or not he really is going to pursue her?* Selfish.


Okay, look. For a man who loves a woman, do he not try to protect her at all cost? Even he is trying to bind himself away from Kyoko, he still care for her. Look, if anyone know how sho cast kyoko aside upon making it big, would they not think that he is a bad influence over kyoko or something? Isn't getting in between the most logical thing to do? As a human? As a senpai?


crimsonfeather wrote:
Same goes for the anger he feels at the realization, that Shou was the one who saved Kyouko.** Shouldn't he be worried at her mental state, instead? After all, it isn't every day a girl gets attacked and sexually harassed by an insane stalker. Even if nothing big happened, most females would be shaken just because of the fact. Ren, however, doesn't get worried, he gets ANGRY and even turns that anger on Kyouko, who, like I said, has dealt with more than enough psychological stress, already, as he well knows.
Even after meeting the Beagle, one little phrase makes him unreasonably jealous once again and, again, Ren lets his anger out on the victim, namely Kyouko.


Ren was angry because he was not there for kyoko at her hardest time. At her scariest point. And he is MOST angry about the fact that Kyoko did not tell him the full extent of the story. This made him truely angry. I feel that Ren is disappointed about the fact that Kyoko cannot really confide in him when the need really arises. When the truth struck him so suddenly, of course, how is he going to think logically? Ren is not perfect you know. And that is precisely why after thinking more carefully afterwards, he apologises. SINCERELY. This is a GOOD point that people actually admires.


crimsonfeather wrote:
*This being my interpretation of his actions so far. After all, he doesn't like to admit the fact that he does like her. He knows that one day he is going to leave the country. He really doesn't try to act on his feelings, other than at that one time, where, surprise, his jealousy gets the better of him. Rather petty, if you ask me.
**The nice little explanation, which goes something along the lines of "I was so angry at myself", I simply do not buy, since Ren gets jealous all the time and he's always throwing it in Kyouko's face.


Once again, i say, ren is not perfect. Everyone has flaws. Isn't this normal of someone in love?



23 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 12/9/08
blackhole: I appreciate your reply, yet I am not going to continue this discussion, since you can see things this way and that. All I wanted to do was give an answer to the original question of this thread.
Even if I don't actually hate Ren. ^^
Member
1369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Somewhere...beyon...
Offline
Posted 12/9/08
Ren is so much more mature than Sho. Sho is just a big "Sho-off"
566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / PHILIPPINES
Offline
Posted 12/10/08
imperfections wat makes us human ren is not GOD u know
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.