First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Plastic surgery. does it matter?
602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / TREASURE PLANET...
Offline
Posted 4/11/09

brogits wrote:

if i knew someone who had undergone plastic surgery for beauty purposes, i think i would find him/her rather contemptible. to actually resort to plastic surgery, one must be really desperate. haha. and what could be more pathetic than that? (no offense *cough *cough)...

yeah that's what i think. i mean, if you don't look that good, accept reality and move on. it's not like the only thing that matters is the physical thing. i have girl friends who don't look that good, but they know how to handle themselves well and with that, they attract a lot of guys. and the way they handle themselves kinda makes them look good, too, somehow.

i think the only reason why people want to beautify themselves is because they want to be noticed by the opposite sex. well, wouldn't it nice to know that a person likes you just as you are and not just because of how you look? you don't have to try so hard because you're certain that the person can accept your physical inadequacies and will still love you nevertheless.



wow that was so well said, i was kinda inspiring

Posted 4/11/09
if it makes a person happy, why not?
Posted 4/11/09
it's not a problem, really i don't care... someone's elses insecurtiy doesn' affect me, & sometimes it's not always for cosmetic reason. Burn patients with like 2nd/3rd degree burn needs to go under plastic surgery on some cases...& there can be so many other reason for it too...so yea that's my opinion
Posted 4/12/09
People can do whatever they want.
I think its really not worth it
1706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 4/29/09 , edited 4/29/09
Plastic surgery is awesome. I haven't had it done, but I totally support it.


[if i knew someone who had undergone plastic surgery for beauty purposes, i think i would find him/her rather contemptible. to actually resort to plastic surgery, one must be really desperate. haha. and what could be more pathetic than that? (no offense *cough *cough)...

How can you say that? You treat people who merely want to improve their lives with contempt? Is getting in shape, exercising, eating healthy, getting a job, going to college, are these things also bad? I'm exaggerating slightly, but in essence, that's exactly why people get plastic surgery. Plastic surgery can greatly improve peoples' lives.

I know numerous people who have had minor surgeries done, but the impact these had on their lives— they're like new people! Happier, more confident, it really boosts them. How can you possibly look done on people who merely want happiness?

It's not a sign of patheticness, these people are choosing to use a tool which betters their lives. It's their money, let them spend it as they want to.

Of course, too much plastic surgery look horrible, and sometimes it can go bad, but too much of good thing is always bad.
Posted 4/29/09
Its just for lazy rich lazy people that fell pathetic about there own image that they pays thousands of dollars just so they can feel good about themselves. God humans are pathetic.
Posted 4/29/09
i don't approve of it but if a person wants to do it, then let them. i only accept it when someone was in a accident or sumthing, & they need plastic surgery to help with the damages........
39285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / (For Smaticals: T...
Offline
Posted 4/30/09
If it's for health reasons it really matters.
If you're just another celebrity trying to "stay" young then no it really doesn't matter and no one gives a fck.
Posted 4/30/09
I'm not sure but this could have a tattoo-like effect on those people; wanting more surgeries because you'll always find something negative about your appearance that you want to change.

I used tattoo-effect because I know quite a few tattoo freaks who started with just one tattoo and now are literally covered in tattoos and still want more.
6362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
In Ambiguity
Offline
Posted 4/30/09

ShroomInferno wrote:

I'm not sure but this could have a tattoo-like effect on those people; wanting more surgeries because you'll always find something negative about your appearance that you want to change.

I used tattoo-effect because I know quite a few tattoo freaks who started with just one tattoo and now are literally covered in tattoos and still want more.


Ooh good analogy. ;D

Plastic surgery is addictive and if one is not conscientious surgery can lead to a deleterious addiction.

Personally, I wouldn't mind getting something done. I'm too lazy and too financially destitute to fall into addiction.
Posted 4/30/09

johdirockette wrote:


ShroomInferno wrote:

I'm not sure but this could have a tattoo-like effect on those people; wanting more surgeries because you'll always find something negative about your appearance that you want to change.

I used tattoo-effect because I know quite a few tattoo freaks who started with just one tattoo and now are literally covered in tattoos and still want more.


Ooh good analogy. ;D

Plastic surgery is addictive and if one is not conscientious surgery can lead to a deleterious addiction.

Personally, I wouldn't mind getting something done. I'm too lazy and too financially destitute to fall into addiction.


Bleh, I'm too much of a scaredy-cat to undergo some unnecessary "slit-open-suck-out-fat-inject-fat-in-lips-kill-facial-nerves-with-buttox" process.
74 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 4/30/09
No, I don't care.
Most people have plastic surgery done out of insecurity, not for vanity. Yes, it really is disgusting when a person has extensive plastic surgery done to change every single one of their features. But, honestly, if a person wants to change one or two things so they can live more happily with peace of mind, who are we to judge?
6362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
In Ambiguity
Offline
Posted 4/30/09

ShroomInferno wrote:


johdirockette wrote:


ShroomInferno wrote:

I'm not sure but this could have a tattoo-like effect on those people; wanting more surgeries because you'll always find something negative about your appearance that you want to change.

I used tattoo-effect because I know quite a few tattoo freaks who started with just one tattoo and now are literally covered in tattoos and still want more.


Ooh good analogy. ;D

Plastic surgery is addictive and if one is not conscientious surgery can lead to a deleterious addiction.

Personally, I wouldn't mind getting something done. I'm too lazy and too financially destitute to fall into addiction.


Bleh, I'm too much of a scaredy-cat to undergo some unnecessary "slit-open-suck-out-fat-inject-fat-in-lips-kill-facial-nerves-with-buttox" process.


Sometimes it's 'slit-open-suck-fat-out-inject-fat-in-buttocks-look-be-swollen-for-one-week-then-look-like-Kim-Kardashian-the-following-week" process.



Rawr. xD
258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/30/09
Fake is a negative word, anything with that attached to it is not worth it in my opinion.
Stick to the real deal
2711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/16/09
i don't think people should judge people just 'cause they want to enhance their looks or for whatever their reasons are. superficial it may be. nonetheless people should learn to accept who they are... unless there's a specific reason for undergoing this kind of surgery... "the face may capture attention but it's always the personality that captures the heart..."
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.