First  Prev  326  327  328  329  330  331  332  333  334  335  336  337  338  Next  Last
Suggestions **Read the First Post**
14021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/5/11
Hey all, first post and stuff.

I noticed on Anime News Network's video player they have the option to turn the subtitles off on a video. I would jump all over that if the option were available on Crunchyroll! I know it's probably easy to do, since I've occasionally had the subtitles fail to load on rare occasions, so it's obviously separate from the video file itself.

Crunchyroll is one of the few outlets that are available for me to watch anime legally, and I really appreciate the service, but what would make it perfect is if they could utilize this option (or if a setting could be set on your profile to have them off all the time). It would be a perfect opportunity for people who are practicing Japanese to test themselves, or better yet, if you're a native speaker like myself it would just be a convenience to get the darn text off the screen so I can focus on the show instead of the words!

This way I can stop taping a piece of paper to my computer screen so my eyes don't wander to the bottom third of the screen!
27029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 7/5/11

Levsta wrote:
I noticed on Anime News Network's video player they have the option to turn the subtitles off on a video. I would jump all over that if the option were available on Crunchyroll! I know it's probably easy to do, since I've occasionally had the subtitles fail to load on rare occasions, so it's obviously separate from the video file itself.
Right click on the player and select no subtitles. I think some shows have them embedded straight to video so it might not work for all.

I have a request and it should be very simple if a webmaster is reading this.

I'd like the flash player to automatically have focus when a page loads. Right now, when one episode ends the flash player will load the next one automatically, but it will lose keyboard focus. So I have to go get my mouse and click on the player to get the focus back.

Also, whenever I'm on the last episode of a series, when the show ends, there is no way to exit full screen without a keyboard. Even right clicking the option to disable fullscreen is removed.

I really don't under stand why the flash player requires both a keyboard AND a mouse to run. For people that have media centers, this is extremely unfriendly.

At the very least keyboard focus on the flash player shouldn't take more than one line of code. I wrote a userscript to do this already, but I really feel that this is something that just be built in.
14021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/5/11

Jim_86 wrote:
Right click on the player and select no subtitles. I think some shows have them embedded straight to video so it might not work for all.


Ah! Now I feel really stupid. Thanks so much, that helps out a lot!
28079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Madison,WI
Offline
Posted 7/11/11 , edited 7/11/11
I'd like to see an option to pick a default definition, instead of having the video itself do so.

I think a cookie based one would be best so when I am at different locations with different connection speeds I wouldn't have to switch the setting from high def to standard it would be automatic basically.

I can think of lots of different situations where this could come in handy.
Watching at work, home, significant other's.
Most especially when switching from a high speed hard line to a slow wireless connection.
9908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 7/11/11
My suggestion is to allow the mini chats for groups again seeing as how people still used the chats.
2809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / The White House
Offline
Posted 7/18/11
i often use crunchyland and i think we should be able to see the avatars on the field, just a suggestion
2092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ctf_2fort
Offline
Posted 7/20/11 , edited 7/20/11
Can we have adjustable time zones, pretty please?
I'm really tired of the release dates for episodes being a day off or two.

Regards,
everyone on the other side of the mediterranean sea.
33236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/21/11
Can you add a cookie or something so I don't get sent back to the "HEY We have an iPad app!" page every time I browse?

It really gets annoying the fifth time in a 10min span.
22019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/26/11
First of all I'd like to say that this site is great, keep up the good work. Now onto my suggestion:

I'd like to see an improvement on the auto-play next video feature. I often watch on my TV, and it is quite annoying when in fullscreen to have to get up from the couch or whatever I'm doing, walk over to my laptop, and change the definition and reload fullscreen. So I would like to see it where, when in fullscreen, when a video changes the set definition is remembered and it goes back to fullscreen on the new video automatically.
The Wise Wizard
74832 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 7/26/11

theraptor wrote:
I'd like to see an improvement on the auto-play next video feature. I often watch on my TV, and it is quite annoying when in fullscreen to have to get up from the couch or whatever I'm doing, walk over to my laptop, and change the definition and reload fullscreen.

Why would you have to change the definition? Crunchyroll already allows for a default resolution to be set in your profile. For example, if you have 720p set as the preference, but the video is only available in up to 480p, it plays in that resolution, not SD. Likewise, if 720p is available, the video plays in that resolution.

As to the video not staying full screen, as I recall, there was a response to this before stating it was a technical limitation of Flash (i.e, Adobe considered it a security issue for Flash to be able to go full screen automatically). That said, I would expect there is a way around that, as the video obviously doesn't switch back to normal every time a commercial comes on for a free user.

22019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/27/11

TheAncientOne wrote:

Why would you have to change the definition? Crunchyroll already allows for a default resolution to be set in your profile. For example, if you have 720p set as the preference, but the video is only available in up to 480p, it plays in that resolution, not SD. Likewise, if 720p is available, the video plays in that resolution.

As to the video not staying full screen, as I recall, there was a response to this before stating it was a technical limitation of Flash (i.e, Adobe considered it a security issue for Flash to be able to go full screen automatically). That said, I would expect there is a way around that, as the video obviously doesn't switch back to normal every time a commercial comes on for a free user.



Thanks, I didn't realize there was a feature for the resolution to be set to default, I'll look at that.

I know it is possible, because It's happened to me with youtube videos before, so maybe it would "stay" fullscreen rather than leaving and coming back. Whether or not that is feasible to implement I do not know, as Flash is not my cup of tea. I can hope though, right
The Wise Wizard
74832 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 7/27/11

theraptor wrote:
Thanks, I didn't realize there was a feature for the resolution to be set to default, I'll look at that.

Click on the down arrow next to your username at the top of this screen, select "Account Settings", and on the left side of the screen that then displays, select "Video Preferences".

vmz
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/28/11 , edited 7/28/11
So here's the deal: I think this site is very very annoying with its constant spamming of free trials, and I have no intentions of paying monthly fees because I don't want to even think about paying you to allow me to watch Naruto Shippuden and Bleach and numerous other worthless animes you are broadcasting. I'm not saying anime is crap in general, and I'm not saying all of your shows are crap, but I think a great sum of anime is utter crap.
How about you scrap the monthly fee bullshit, and start selling seasons of shows intead of every miserable piece of shonen diarrhoea of your catalogue. Make the first few episodes free to watch for everyone. That way newcomers could choose whether they want to pay for a show or not.
44650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/28/11
Some suggestions on watching videos

-Like the recently updated link, have a recently watched link
-The option to mark an episode as watched
-Branching from that, the ability to see what you haven't watched as new
-Favorite episodes lists
-The ability to see that a series is complete (can research this elsewhere but would be nice)
-The ability to see that a series is still ongoing (again can research this elsewhere but would be nice)
-As others suggested the ability when hitting the next or having it autoplay to the next it stays in full screen
-As others have mention the ability to exit out of full screen (I normally use replay and then get out of fullscreen to avoid hitting esc(ape) key on the keyboard, I watch on my tv and when watching the keyboard is normally not near me )

This is all I can think of at this time, if I think of more I will be back to post them. Thanks for your time :)
1mirg 
55661 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / United States of...
Offline
Posted 7/29/11
change the "closed thread autocomplete" thing so u could just type "open" an then hit enter.
First  Prev  326  327  328  329  330  331  332  333  334  335  336  337  338  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.