First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Seal Hunt
Posted 12/5/08
"How can i look at those poor baby seals being murdered i must do something. Gosh this veal is yummy"
The seal hunt is the stupidest protest i have heard about in my life. The facts people have about the seal hunt are all wrong!
First of all seals arent clubbed to death only natives do that because it is part of their religion. Because the lack of polar bears seals are ACTUALLY becoming over populated yet no one is worried about the fish.
Why do you ask?
Well because fish arent cute, so who would want to donate money?
The organization Stop the Seal Hunt (which is made up of people who couldnt make it to wall street) actually passed a law which is seals cant be killed when they are white!
They turn grey in a couple of weeks and are still babies. Just who wants to suport those ugly grey seals?! I mean they are only cute when they are white!
Seal hunting is just like hunting deer or elk, theres no difference.
Also how do you think people make a living up their? Seal hunting is a part of native culture and a way to make a living. With your stupid protesting you are taking away these peoples culture and ways of life.
I cant believe people support the seal hunt yet the way companies treat chicken and cows are understandable.
1288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
A small place in...
Offline
Posted 12/6/08

mcvf wrote:

"How can i look at those poor baby seals being murdered i must do something. Gosh this veal is yummy"
The seal hunt is the stupidest protest i have heard about in my life. The facts people have about the seal hunt are all wrong!
First of all seals arent clubbed to death only natives do that because it is part of their religion. Because the lack of polar bears seals are ACTUALLY becoming over populated yet no one is worried about the fish.
Why do you ask?
Well because fish arent cute, so who would want to donate money?
The organization Stop the Seal Hunt (which is made up of people who couldnt make it to wall street) actually passed a law which is seals cant be killed when they are white!
They turn grey in a couple of weeks and are still babies. Just who wants to suport those ugly grey seals?! I mean they are only cute when they are white!
Seal hunting is just like hunting deer or elk, theres no difference.
Also how do you think people make a living up their? Seal hunting is a part of native culture and a way to make a living. With your stupid protesting you are taking away these peoples culture and ways of life.
I cant believe people support the seal hunt yet the way companies treat chicken and cows are understandable.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GGHgYbDmtM
Does those look like natives out for a custom/ritual/religious hunt?

Stop the Seal hunt website -
http://www.stopthesealhunt.com/site/c.ihKPIWPCIqE/b.3958845/k.CFC9/Stop_the_Seal_Hunt.htm
Posted 12/6/08

mcvf wrote:



all of your facts are so wrong. shame on you for not having researched some more before creating such absurd paragraph full of false statements.
Posted 12/6/08

Northboundsnow wrote:


mcvf wrote:

"How can i look at those poor baby seals being murdered i must do something. Gosh this veal is yummy"
The seal hunt is the stupidest protest i have heard about in my life. The facts people have about the seal hunt are all wrong!
First of all seals arent clubbed to death only natives do that because it is part of their religion. Because the lack of polar bears seals are ACTUALLY becoming over populated yet no one is worried about the fish.
Why do you ask?
Well because fish arent cute, so who would want to donate money?
The organization Stop the Seal Hunt (which is made up of people who couldnt make it to wall street) actually passed a law which is seals cant be killed when they are white!
They turn grey in a couple of weeks and are still babies. Just who wants to suport those ugly grey seals?! I mean they are only cute when they are white!
Seal hunting is just like hunting deer or elk, theres no difference.
Also how do you think people make a living up their? Seal hunting is a part of native culture and a way to make a living. With your stupid protesting you are taking away these peoples culture and ways of life.
I cant believe people support the seal hunt yet the way companies treat chicken and cows are understandable.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GGHgYbDmtM
Does those look like natives out for a custom/ritual/religious hunt?

Stop the Seal hunt website -
http://www.stopthesealhunt.com/site/c.ihKPIWPCIqE/b.3958845/k.CFC9/Stop_the_Seal_Hunt.htm


Do you have any idea how cruel American traditions are?! We kill turkies, and take away chicken eggs to DECORATE them!
Yes, it is a Native culture, and they usually dont use that form to kill the seals.
I think you should research the people head of that organization, you will find some suprising facts
Posted 12/6/08

ShroomInferno wrote:


mcvf wrote:



all of your facts are so wrong. shame on you for not having researched some more before creating such absurd paragraph full of false statements.

all these facts are correct, seals are not threated animals and etc
you are only interested in them because they are cute.
I think you should do more research then that insane stop the seal hunt website. Some of the information might change your mind.
Seals are overpopulated animals, killing them and killing deer is no different. You are just blind to see maybe your being tricked.

1171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 12/6/08
Club sandwiches
Not seals
1288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
A small place in...
Offline
Posted 12/7/08

mcvf wrote:


Northboundsnow wrote:


mcvf wrote:

"How can i look at those poor baby seals being murdered i must do something. Gosh this veal is yummy"
The seal hunt is the stupidest protest i have heard about in my life. The facts people have about the seal hunt are all wrong!
First of all seals arent clubbed to death only natives do that because it is part of their religion. Because the lack of polar bears seals are ACTUALLY becoming over populated yet no one is worried about the fish.
Why do you ask?
Well because fish arent cute, so who would want to donate money?
The organization Stop the Seal Hunt (which is made up of people who couldnt make it to wall street) actually passed a law which is seals cant be killed when they are white!
They turn grey in a couple of weeks and are still babies. Just who wants to suport those ugly grey seals?! I mean they are only cute when they are white!
Seal hunting is just like hunting deer or elk, theres no difference.
Also how do you think people make a living up their? Seal hunting is a part of native culture and a way to make a living. With your stupid protesting you are taking away these peoples culture and ways of life.
I cant believe people support the seal hunt yet the way companies treat chicken and cows are understandable.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GGHgYbDmtM
Does those look like natives out for a custom/ritual/religious hunt?

Stop the Seal hunt website -
http://www.stopthesealhunt.com/site/c.ihKPIWPCIqE/b.3958845/k.CFC9/Stop_the_Seal_Hunt.htm


Do you have any idea how cruel American traditions are?! We kill turkies, and take away chicken eggs to DECORATE them!
Yes, it is a Native culture, and they usually dont use that form to kill the seals.
I think you should research the people head of that organization, you will find some suprising facts





mcvf wrote:


ShroomInferno wrote:


mcvf wrote:



all of your facts are so wrong. shame on you for not having researched some more before creating such absurd paragraph full of false statements.

all these facts are correct, seals are not threated animals and etc
you are only interested in them because they are cute.
I think you should do more research then that insane stop the seal hunt website. Some of the information might change your mind.
Seals are overpopulated animals, killing them and killing deer is no different. You are just blind to see maybe your being tricked.



You are a strange one aren't you, telling us to check our facts. If we compare any of my posts here or in other topics, i provide links, references. All you do is make random statements and raise a red flag and tell people to go out to research facts.

No one is going against Natives/Inuits traditional hunts and the traditional Inuit seal hunting is excluded from The European Commission's call in 2006 for a ban on the import, export and sale of all harp and hooded seal products. It will be one thing if u said that sealing industry is a source of job in certain poor areas of Canada or Atlantic community where job is scarce. There are strict regulations imposed, limits to hunts and certain species of seals are off-limits. There are even research that clubbing if the most humane way to kill off the seal when done right. Still there is no denying that there are alternatives to fur, the images of blood and hunters clubbing seals are graphic, seal meat contains high level of mercury, poison to human body, and there is no viable use now for seal oil. Most of us with the exception of Inuits do not need seals parts to eat or live or survive.

General
wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_hunting

For
Fishery and Agricultural Management-
http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/seal-phoque/myth_e.htm

Against
IFAW- International Fund for Animal Welfare
http://www.ifaw.org/ifaw_canada_english/join_campaigns/save_baby_seals_end_the_seal_hunt/index.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GGHgYbDmtM
Does those look like natives out for a custom/ritual/religious hunt?
5624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ~Wonka Candy Fact...
Offline
Posted 12/7/08

Northboundsnow wrote:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GGHgYbDmtM
Does those look like natives out for a custom/ritual/religious hunt?



now this is really disturbing... they are heartless people
Posted 12/7/08
In nature's prespective: This world is really better without us.
Posted 12/7/08

Northboundsnow wrote:


mcvf wrote:


Northboundsnow wrote:


mcvf wrote:

"How can i look at those poor baby seals being murdered i must do something. Gosh this veal is yummy"
The seal hunt is the stupidest protest i have heard about in my life. The facts people have about the seal hunt are all wrong!
First of all seals arent clubbed to death only natives do that because it is part of their religion. Because the lack of polar bears seals are ACTUALLY becoming over populated yet no one is worried about the fish.
Why do you ask?
Well because fish arent cute, so who would want to donate money?
The organization Stop the Seal Hunt (which is made up of people who couldnt make it to wall street) actually passed a law which is seals cant be killed when they are white!
They turn grey in a couple of weeks and are still babies. Just who wants to suport those ugly grey seals?! I mean they are only cute when they are white!
Seal hunting is just like hunting deer or elk, theres no difference.
Also how do you think people make a living up their? Seal hunting is a part of native culture and a way to make a living. With your stupid protesting you are taking away these peoples culture and ways of life.
I cant believe people support the seal hunt yet the way companies treat chicken and cows are understandable.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GGHgYbDmtM
Does those look like natives out for a custom/ritual/religious hunt?

Stop the Seal hunt website -
http://www.stopthesealhunt.com/site/c.ihKPIWPCIqE/b.3958845/k.CFC9/Stop_the_Seal_Hunt.htm


Do you have any idea how cruel American traditions are?! We kill turkies, and take away chicken eggs to DECORATE them!
Yes, it is a Native culture, and they usually dont use that form to kill the seals.
I think you should research the people head of that organization, you will find some suprising facts





mcvf wrote:


ShroomInferno wrote:


mcvf wrote:



all of your facts are so wrong. shame on you for not having researched some more before creating such absurd paragraph full of false statements.

all these facts are correct, seals are not threated animals and etc
you are only interested in them because they are cute.
I think you should do more research then that insane stop the seal hunt website. Some of the information might change your mind.
Seals are overpopulated animals, killing them and killing deer is no different. You are just blind to see maybe your being tricked.



You are a strange one aren't you, telling us to check our facts. If we compare any of my posts here or in other topics, i provide links, references. All you do is make random statements and raise a red flag and tell people to go out to research facts.

No one is going against Natives/Inuits traditional hunts and the traditional Inuit seal hunting is excluded from The European Commission's call in 2006 for a ban on the import, export and sale of all harp and hooded seal products. It will be one thing if u said that sealing industry is a source of job in certain poor areas of Canada or Atlantic community where job is scarce. There are strict regulations imposed, limits to hunts and certain species of seals are off-limits. There are even research that clubbing if the most humane way to kill off the seal when done right. Still there is no denying that there are alternatives to fur, the images of blood and hunters clubbing seals are graphic, seal meat contains high level of mercury, poison to human body, and there is no viable use now for seal oil. Most of us with the exception of Inuits do not need seals parts to eat or live or survive.

General
wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_hunting

For
Fishery and Agricultural Management-
http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/seal-phoque/myth_e.htm

Against
IFAW- International Fund for Animal Welfare
http://www.ifaw.org/ifaw_canada_english/join_campaigns/save_baby_seals_end_the_seal_hunt/index.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GGHgYbDmtM
Does those look like natives out for a custom/ritual/religious hunt?


Have you looked at any sites that are AGAINST seal hunts? I wrote a whole essay on this topic so if you would like i could email my bibliography to you.
You obviously have never gone hunting before, because sorry blood is included. Have you ever looked at the point of view of the killer? As it says in the video who really needs seal fur or meet? Therefore these people dont have a lot of money and it is cheeper to kill the seal with a club.
American religous/rituals are equally as cruel but no one is going against saving the turkies cause they arent cute.
There was another video like this and it had people looking at the seals who were humanist! What does a humanist know about the environment, they know they can get a lot of publicity thats it.
1288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
A small place in...
Offline
Posted 12/7/08

mcvf wrote:


Northboundsnow wrote:


mcvf wrote:


Northboundsnow wrote:


mcvf wrote:

"How can i look at those poor baby seals being murdered i must do something. Gosh this veal is yummy"
The seal hunt is the stupidest protest i have heard about in my life. The facts people have about the seal hunt are all wrong!
First of all seals arent clubbed to death only natives do that because it is part of their religion. Because the lack of polar bears seals are ACTUALLY becoming over populated yet no one is worried about the fish.
Why do you ask?
Well because fish arent cute, so who would want to donate money?
The organization Stop the Seal Hunt (which is made up of people who couldnt make it to wall street) actually passed a law which is seals cant be killed when they are white!
They turn grey in a couple of weeks and are still babies. Just who wants to suport those ugly grey seals?! I mean they are only cute when they are white!
Seal hunting is just like hunting deer or elk, theres no difference.
Also how do you think people make a living up their? Seal hunting is a part of native culture and a way to make a living. With your stupid protesting you are taking away these peoples culture and ways of life.
I cant believe people support the seal hunt yet the way companies treat chicken and cows are understandable.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GGHgYbDmtM
Does those look like natives out for a custom/ritual/religious hunt?

Stop the Seal hunt website -
http://www.stopthesealhunt.com/site/c.ihKPIWPCIqE/b.3958845/k.CFC9/Stop_the_Seal_Hunt.htm


Do you have any idea how cruel American traditions are?! We kill turkies, and take away chicken eggs to DECORATE them!
Yes, it is a Native culture, and they usually dont use that form to kill the seals.
I think you should research the people head of that organization, you will find some suprising facts





mcvf wrote:


ShroomInferno wrote:


mcvf wrote:



all of your facts are so wrong. shame on you for not having researched some more before creating such absurd paragraph full of false statements.

all these facts are correct, seals are not threated animals and etc
you are only interested in them because they are cute.
I think you should do more research then that insane stop the seal hunt website. Some of the information might change your mind.
Seals are overpopulated animals, killing them and killing deer is no different. You are just blind to see maybe your being tricked.



You are a strange one aren't you, telling us to check our facts. If we compare any of my posts here or in other topics, i provide links, references. All you do is make random statements and raise a red flag and tell people to go out to research facts.

No one is going against Natives/Inuits traditional hunts and the traditional Inuit seal hunting is excluded from The European Commission's call in 2006 for a ban on the import, export and sale of all harp and hooded seal products. It will be one thing if u said that sealing industry is a source of job in certain poor areas of Canada or Atlantic community where job is scarce. There are strict regulations imposed, limits to hunts and certain species of seals are off-limits. There are even research that clubbing if the most humane way to kill off the seal when done right. Still there is no denying that there are alternatives to fur, the images of blood and hunters clubbing seals are graphic, seal meat contains high level of mercury, poison to human body, and there is no viable use now for seal oil. Most of us with the exception of Inuits do not need seals parts to eat or live or survive.

General
wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_hunting

For
Fishery and Agricultural Management-
http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/seal-phoque/myth_e.htm

Against
IFAW- International Fund for Animal Welfare
http://www.ifaw.org/ifaw_canada_english/join_campaigns/save_baby_seals_end_the_seal_hunt/index.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GGHgYbDmtM
Does those look like natives out for a custom/ritual/religious hunt?


Have you looked at any sites that are AGAINST seal hunts? I wrote a whole essay on this topic so if you would like i could email my bibliography to you.
You obviously have never gone hunting before, because sorry blood is included. Have you ever looked at the point of view of the killer? As it says in the video who really needs seal fur or meet? Therefore these people dont have a lot of money and it is cheeper to kill the seal with a club.
American religous/rituals are equally as cruel but no one is going against saving the turkies cause they arent cute.
There was another video like this and it had people looking at the seals who were humanist! What does a humanist know about the environment, they know they can get a lot of publicity thats it.


"I think you should do more research then that insane stop the seal hunt website....
Have you looked at any sites that are AGAINST seal hunts?"
- mcvf.

Strange that first you called me out for not checking facts ( i provide references and links and video, you only raise a red flag). Next you called me for NOT reading sites against seal fights. Do YOU even read any of my posts?

Posted in my past post.

".... the traditional Inuit seal hunting is excluded from The European Commission's call in 2006 for a ban on the import, export and sale of all harp and hooded seal products....... sealing industry is a source of job in certain poor areas of Canada or Atlantic community where job is scarce. There are strict regulations imposed, limits to hunts and certain species of seals are off-limits. There are even research that clubbing if the most humane way to kill off the seal when done right. " - Northboundsnow

For
Fishery and Agricultural Management-
http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/seal-phoque/myth_e.htm

PS: Since you didn't have the courtesy to read my posts, i have half a mind to ignore whatever essay you have in mind.
Posted 12/7/08 , edited 12/7/08

mcvf wrote:


ShroomInferno wrote:


mcvf wrote:



all of your facts are so wrong. shame on you for not having researched some more before creating such absurd paragraph full of false statements.

all these facts are correct, seals are not threated animals and etc
you are only interested in them because they are cute.
I think you should do more research then that insane stop the seal hunt website. Some of the information might change your mind.
Seals are overpopulated animals, killing them and killing deer is no different. You are just blind to see maybe your being tricked.



you are assuming things. i am not interested in them. and sure as hell would i never base my interest on someone's cuteness.
~~~~~~~
most of the so-called hunters don't even know how to properly use a hakapik which logically leads to this massively disturbing scenes where the seal has to get hit several times before it reaches an unconscious state.

why clubbing something to death when it would be so much easier to just simply shoot it to death? less effort, all you need to do is pull the trigger. but oh wait, most of those failures called hunters can't even shoot properly, yeah, they fail to aim well and kill the animal with just one bullet. and those failures call themselves hunters. don't make me laugh.

most of those seals are falsely claimed as dead, or unconscious, and due to that get skinned alive.

on top of that most of the seal's body will be left behind as the hunter's main interest is the fur and not the meat, as not many people are very fond of the taste of seal meat.

also, you are saying that the inuits hunt them, too. yes, they do. but they did this for generations, because they NEEDED the meat, the fur, and all the nutritive stuff that is being included in a seal's body. and to add to that, the inuits didn't mass kill the seals, they only killed that what they NEEDED, nothing more nothing less, and if you compare this to today's situation, the non-inuit seal hunters do this in an enormous amount, and on top of that, as i already mentioned before, leave most of the seal's body behind because they don't need more than the fur, while as the inuits used every single part of the seal's body.

you are saying that the seals are overpopulating this world and that because there are not so many polar bears around any more. question is, who is RESPONSIBLE for the lack of polar bears? oh no, don't blame global warming for that as we all know that it was the hunters FAULT!

you are blaming the seals for the fact that there aren't so many fishes around any more? your ignorance is astonishing. seriously. WHO IN THIS WORLD EATS THE MOST MEAT AND FISH? humans. naturally this leads to overfishing the seas and oceans. and for that fact the seals are not to blame as they only hunt what they need, while humans hunt tons more than they'd actually need. see the difference?

okay, you must be really ignorant about the motivation of those hunters. WHY do they kill seal BABIES who are still having the white fur? you don't know? because that's the fur that sells best, and that's why nobody would go hunt the older seals who already reached the grey state.

white fur = money = business
think about the price difference. you get much more money for the WHITE seal fur than you'd get for the grey seal fur.

why would someone want to pass down the law of where only the seal babies who reached the grey stage would be allowed to get killed?
well, logically, because a lot less hunters would go hunt because grey fur doesn't bring the money in they want. and in this case, the seals would mainly get hunted for their meat and not for their fur. but the way it is, most hunters go mainly hunt because of the white fur and the money that is hidden behind this business.

as you can see, this has nothing to do with cuteness. it's all about psychology. grey fur doesn't sell well, and that would mean that a lot less hunters would go hunting as it ain't prosperous any more.

while i will have to agree there are many controversial aspects about animal rights.

but are you really serious when you say that it is okay to hunt seals since it is okay to kill chickens?
why should one bad thing make the other bad thing right?

as i can see...you don't know anything about this world and its policies and not even do you realise the depth of a human mind.

your justifications for seal hunt are ridiculous.

question: are you an inuit?
do you hunt seals?
did you ever hunt an animal?
if you'll reply with a yes to the previous question, did you enjoy killing it?
if you enjoyed it, would you mind clubbing human beings to death as a death penalty?
if yes, are you insane or just very primitive and dumb?
my guess is that you are the latter to the last question. ; )

PS: i will only add links or references once i have the feeling that i need to get serious and back up my stuff, but so far i can't take your nagging serious...
Posted 12/7/08 , edited 12/7/08

ShroomInferno wrote:


mcvf wrote:


ShroomInferno wrote:


mcvf wrote:



all of your facts are so wrong. shame on you for not having researched some more before creating such absurd paragraph full of false statements.

all these facts are correct, seals are not threated animals and etc
you are only interested in them because they are cute.
I think you should do more research then that insane stop the seal hunt website. Some of the information might change your mind.
Seals are overpopulated animals, killing them and killing deer is no different. You are just blind to see maybe your being tricked.



you are assuming things. i am not interested in them. and sure as hell would i never base my interest on someone's cuteness.
~~~~~~~
most of the so-called hunters don't even know how to properly use a hakapik which logically leads to this massively disturbing scenes where the seal has to get hit several times before it reaches an unconscious state.

why clubbing something to death when it would be so much easier to just simply shoot it to death? less effort, all you need to do is pull the trigger. but oh wait, most of those failures called hunters can't even shoot properly, yeah, they fail to aim well and kill the animal with just one bullet. and those failures call themselves hunters. don't make me laugh.

most of those seals are falsely claimed as dead, or unconscious, and due to that get skinned alive.

on top of that most of the seal's body will be left behind as the hunter's main interest is the fur and not the meat, as not many people are very fond of the taste of seal meat.

also, you are saying that the inuits hunt them, too. yes, they do. but they did this for generations, because they NEEDED the meat, the fur, and all the nutritive stuff that is being included in a seal's body. and to add to that, the inuits didn't mass kill the seals, they only killed that what they NEEDED, nothing more nothing less, and if you compare this to today's situation, the non-inuit seal hunters do this in an enormous amount, and on top of that, as i already mentioned before, leave most of the seal's body behind because they don't need more than the fur, while as the inuits used every single part of the seal's body.

you are saying that the seals are overpopulating this world and that because there are not so many polar bears around any more. question is, who is RESPONSIBLE for the lack of polar bears? oh no, don't blame global warming for that as we all know that it was the hunters FAULT!

you are blaming the seals for the fact that there aren't so many fishes around any more? your ignorance is astonishing. seriously. WHO IN THIS WORLD EATS THE MOST MEAT AND FISH? humans. naturally this leads to overfishing the seas and oceans. and for that fact the seals are not to blame as they only hunt what they need, while humans hunt tons more than they'd actually need. see the difference?

okay, you must be really ignorant about the motivation of those hunters. WHY do they kill seal BABIES who are still having the white fur? you don't know? because that's the fur that sells best, and that's why nobody would go hunt the older seals who already reached the grey state.

white fur = money = business
think about the price difference. you get much more money for the WHITE seal fur than you'd get for the grey seal fur.

why would someone want to pass down the law of where only the seal babies who reached the grey stage would be allowed to get killed?
well, logically, because a lot less hunters would go hunt because grey fur doesn't bring the money in they want. and in this case, the seals would mainly get hunted for their meat and not for their fur. but the way it is, most hunters go mainly hunt because of the white fur and the money that is hidden behind this business.

as you can see, this has nothing to do with cuteness. it's all about psychology. grey fur doesn't sell well, and that would mean that a lot less hunters would go hunting as it ain't prosperous any more.

while i will have to agree there are many controversial aspects about animal rights.

but are you really serious when you say that it is okay to hunt seals since it is okay to kill chickens?
why should one bad thing make the other bad thing right?

as i can see...you don't know anything about this world and its policies and not even do you realise the depth of a human mind.

your justifications for seal hunt are ridiculous.

question: are you an inuit?
do you hunt seals?
did you ever hunt an animal?
if you'll reply with a yes to the previous question, did you enjoy killing it?
if you enjoyed it, would you mind clubbing human beings to death as a death penalty?
if yes, are you insane or just very primitive and dumb?
my guess is that you are the latter to the last question. ; )

PS: i will only add links or references once i have the feeling that i need to get serious and back up my stuff, but so far i can't take your nagging serious...


Im not blaming the seals about the lack of fish, im saying no one cares about them because they arent cute. I have a background related to Natives and my family does a lot of hunting. I know if some idiots decided killing deer and elk was inhumane i would be upset.
Millions of chickens are killed yet no one cares while seals are and they have careful seasons for hunting. Grey fur is also very popular, and the seals lose their white fur fast.
i as well cant take you seriously, look at the people making the videos about the seal hunt they dont have any scientific background!
I agree two wrongs dont make a right, but seals arent even threatened and your getting upset.
Okay so your saying humans are killing: seals, chickens, polar bears i mean we are sooo cruel. You eat meat im guessing and if you think humans are so cruel to animals why dont we become extinct. I mean the only animals effected will be rats.
Seals have a strict hunting season and the ways of hunting have been changed. there is no reason to end it completely.
Seal hunting has strict rules, killing seals will never be illegal unless they become threatened. Which wont happen. Saying the seal hunt should end is stupid, its no different then other hunting, though the clubbing may be inhumane it is illegal.

If you are saying hunting is inhumane how do you get your meat? Hunting is enjoyable and important to me, your just an idiot who doesnt wear fur but eats hamburgers.
Also you have no idea the way Natives have been treated in Canada. Much worst than those seals. They have a treaty promising them to kill seals in whatever method. This is their right, and they will use it.
1288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
A small place in...
Offline
Posted 12/8/08 , edited 12/8/08

mcvf wrote:


ShroomInferno wrote:


mcvf wrote:


ShroomInferno wrote:


mcvf wrote:



all of your facts are so wrong. shame on you for not having researched some more before creating such absurd paragraph full of false statements.

all these facts are correct, seals are not threated animals and etc
you are only interested in them because they are cute.
I think you should do more research then that insane stop the seal hunt website. Some of the information might change your mind.
Seals are overpopulated animals, killing them and killing deer is no different. You are just blind to see maybe your being tricked.



you are assuming things. i am not interested in them. and sure as hell would i never base my interest on someone's cuteness.
~~~~~~~
most of the so-called hunters don't even know how to properly use a hakapik which logically leads to this massively disturbing scenes where the seal has to get hit several times before it reaches an unconscious state.

why clubbing something to death when it would be so much easier to just simply shoot it to death? less effort, all you need to do is pull the trigger. but oh wait, most of those failures called hunters can't even shoot properly, yeah, they fail to aim well and kill the animal with just one bullet. and those failures call themselves hunters. don't make me laugh.

most of those seals are falsely claimed as dead, or unconscious, and due to that get skinned alive.

on top of that most of the seal's body will be left behind as the hunter's main interest is the fur and not the meat, as not many people are very fond of the taste of seal meat.

also, you are saying that the inuits hunt them, too. yes, they do. but they did this for generations, because they NEEDED the meat, the fur, and all the nutritive stuff that is being included in a seal's body. and to add to that, the inuits didn't mass kill the seals, they only killed that what they NEEDED, nothing more nothing less, and if you compare this to today's situation, the non-inuit seal hunters do this in an enormous amount, and on top of that, as i already mentioned before, leave most of the seal's body behind because they don't need more than the fur, while as the inuits used every single part of the seal's body.

you are saying that the seals are overpopulating this world and that because there are not so many polar bears around any more. question is, who is RESPONSIBLE for the lack of polar bears? oh no, don't blame global warming for that as we all know that it was the hunters FAULT!

you are blaming the seals for the fact that there aren't so many fishes around any more? your ignorance is astonishing. seriously. WHO IN THIS WORLD EATS THE MOST MEAT AND FISH? humans. naturally this leads to overfishing the seas and oceans. and for that fact the seals are not to blame as they only hunt what they need, while humans hunt tons more than they'd actually need. see the difference?

okay, you must be really ignorant about the motivation of those hunters. WHY do they kill seal BABIES who are still having the white fur? you don't know? because that's the fur that sells best, and that's why nobody would go hunt the older seals who already reached the grey state.

white fur = money = business
think about the price difference. you get much more money for the WHITE seal fur than you'd get for the grey seal fur.

why would someone want to pass down the law of where only the seal babies who reached the grey stage would be allowed to get killed?
well, logically, because a lot less hunters would go hunt because grey fur doesn't bring the money in they want. and in this case, the seals would mainly get hunted for their meat and not for their fur. but the way it is, most hunters go mainly hunt because of the white fur and the money that is hidden behind this business.

as you can see, this has nothing to do with cuteness. it's all about psychology. grey fur doesn't sell well, and that would mean that a lot less hunters would go hunting as it ain't prosperous any more.

while i will have to agree there are many controversial aspects about animal rights.

but are you really serious when you say that it is okay to hunt seals since it is okay to kill chickens?
why should one bad thing make the other bad thing right?

as i can see...you don't know anything about this world and its policies and not even do you realise the depth of a human mind.

your justifications for seal hunt are ridiculous.

question: are you an inuit?
do you hunt seals?
did you ever hunt an animal?
if you'll reply with a yes to the previous question, did you enjoy killing it?
if you enjoyed it, would you mind clubbing human beings to death as a death penalty?
if yes, are you insane or just very primitive and dumb?
my guess is that you are the latter to the last question. ; )

PS: i will only add links or references once i have the feeling that i need to get serious and back up my stuff, but so far i can't take your nagging serious...


Im not blaming the seals about the lack of fish, im saying no one cares about them because they arent cute. I have a background related to Natives and my family does a lot of hunting. I know if some idiots decided killing deer and elk was inhumane i would be upset.
Millions of chickens are killed yet no one cares while seals are and they have careful seasons for hunting. Grey fur is also very popular, and the seals lose their white fur fast.
i as well cant take you seriously, look at the people making the videos about the seal hunt they dont have any scientific background!
I agree two wrongs dont make a right, but seals arent even threatened and your getting upset.
Okay so your saying humans are killing: seals, chickens, polar bears i mean we are sooo cruel. You eat meat im guessing and if you think humans are so cruel to animals why dont we become extinct. I mean the only animals effected will be rats.
Seals have a strict hunting season and the ways of hunting have been changed. there is no reason to end it completely.
Seal hunting has strict rules, killing seals will never be illegal unless they become threatened. Which wont happen. Saying the seal hunt should end is stupid, its no different then other hunting, though the clubbing may be inhumane it is illegal.

If you are saying hunting is inhumane how do you get your meat? Hunting is enjoyable and important to me, your just an idiot who doesnt wear fur but eats hamburgers.
Also you have no idea the way Natives have been treated in Canada. Much worst than those seals. They have a treaty promising them to kill seals in whatever method. This is their right, and they will use it.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GGHgYbDmtM
Does those look like natives out for a custom/ritual/religious hunt?

1. "i as well cant take you seriously, look at the people making the videos about the seal hunt they dont have any scientific background!" - mcvf

So care to explain why such video evidence need to have scientific background, does this also mean all journalist covering news or eyewitnesses to crimes must all have scientific background? This statement does not make any sense at all, making such statements only make people take you less seriously not us. I am also still waiting for your responds on your attacks on my posts where you accused me of not checking "Alternative websites" and not checking facts.

2. "I agree two wrongs dont make a right, but seals arent even threatened and your getting upset." - mcvf

You are marginally right on the issue of seals NOW not being threatened species. But you conveniently forget the history of sealing industry and why there are strict regulations on seal pups or certain species of seals and quotas. Between the 1950s and ’70s, sealing industry caused the world harp seal population to decline to dangerous levels of around 1.5 million animals.These factors as well as the killing of whitecoats generated worldwide public outrage, and in 1972 the United States and in1983 the European Union (EU) instituted a ban on seal products. Canada’s Department of Fisheries and Oceans (DFO) set quotas to 186,000 animals, even then the number of harp seals killed by Canadian hunters gradually dropped to about 51,000 yearly, because of the negative publicity and loss of markets. The smaller hunts occurring during this time have allowed the harp seal population to recover. Unfortunately Canada, (the largest contributor to sealing as compared to other countries, Norway, Greenland), have increased quotas though reduced quotas due to thinning ice in 2006 but there are conflicting reports that hunters had exceeded that quota or gone against regulations of hunting baby pups and have not been taken to task for that.

3. "Also you have no idea the way Natives have been treated in Canada. Much worst than those seals. They have a treaty promising them to kill seals in whatever method. This is their right, and they will use it." -mcvf

I be honest and said that I believe Inuits or native hunters have been victims to the ongoing battle between the sealing industry and animal right activists that Inuits who have depended on seal hunting as a source of livelihood and tradition have been pressured over the years due to the shrinking market. Animal activists have more often lumped Inuits hunting together with commercial sealing and I spoke about this before on my last posts .

"No one is going against Natives/Inuits traditional hunts and the traditional Inuit seal hunting is excluded from The European Commission's call in 2006 for a ban on the import, export and sale of all harp and hooded seal products. It will be one thing if u said that sealing industry is a source of job in certain poor areas of Canada or Atlantic community where job is scarce..... Most of us with the exception of Inuits do not need seals parts to eat or live or survive." - Northboundsnow
1809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 12/8/08
gotta a joke for ya.


so a seal walks into a club. ahahahhahaha
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.