First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
When is an Otaku TOO Otaku?
2434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Connecticut
Offline
Posted 12/5/08

xweetcandy wrote:


FakingGlory wrote:

When your hazardous to society.
When your existence has a negative affect to other people.



agreed!!!ufufu^^


Frankly, I disagree with almost everything everyone else posted.
My room has been "bombed by an Animetomic bomb". I'm into partial 2D girl women zealot. I have a decent amount of Visual Novels and Dating Sims. I have a small collection of hentai doujinshis. I have a rather large figurine collection. And a shelf of Manga and DVDs.

I work for money. I'm a member for society. I have plenty of friends. And I was Salutatorian in my Sophmore year.
1087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Brighton UK
Offline
Posted 12/5/08 , edited 12/5/08

we don't need a second hand wife
Otakus after discovering that Nagi from Kannagi had an exboyfriend
Posted 12/5/08

RaikuRoak wrote:

When they lose sense of reality.


Bah everyone who watching anime does so to escape reality for a short time. I guess losing that sense of reality only comes after an extreme overdose of not caring about the real world. Makes sense
1751 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / my grave
Offline
Posted 12/5/08

keyblade_master13 wrote:

1.) Bad grammer.


Bad spelling.

On topic:Ah idk,telling your friends you're gonna be the next hokage?
700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / California
Offline
Posted 12/5/08
of course
the main character is such a douche... dont you just wanna kill him cuz he STILL hasnt gotten his di-sword
Posted 12/5/08
when you need ta start a forum to check if your really an otaku because your in denial. ^^

lol jks..........btw y does it matter? You need to sort people you know or sumthing?
559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Californiaaaaaaaaaaa
Offline
Posted 12/5/08

heeroshi wrote:

when they have Erectile Disfunction toward REAL LIFE WOMEN.


omg hahaha
i cracked up reading that.
yes well i agree with you hahahaha

also
when all they don't talk to any real life people and always stay in their room for 2 days would be my limit for otaku-ness
3741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / Sanzu no Kawa
Offline
Posted 12/5/08
When they start taking 2D girls as their wife.
300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Hinamizawa
Offline
Posted 12/5/08
I think when you go to cons and you stalk your favorite character that someone is cosplayed as and you try to get to know them and don't even call them by their real name but by the name of the person they're cosplaying and you truly believe the person they're cosplaying as is the actual character, then that is too much of an otaku.
lkmjr 
56513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Dreamland....
Offline
Posted 12/5/08
Pretending Twilight fangirls are Otakus, this is one example: A psychologist (yes, you heard right, a psychologist) became so obsessed with the Twilight novels that she moved her entire family yo Forks, Washington and opened a Twilight memorabilia shop. She now lives a happy married life, fantasizing about a fictional seventeen year old vampire. .__.

So, to directly answer the question:

~When someone loses his/her sense of identity, instead classifying his/herself and others based on how many animes they have seen, what genres they watch, etc.
~When someone confuses anime and the real world
~When someone can only think about things in anime terms
~When someone ignores their family and friends, instead preferring to watch anime, and perhaps even replace his/her family and friends with it
~When they go hikikamori (I hope I didn't butcher the spelling....) and refuse to leave their room/house
~When every available surface is covered in anime-related objects
~When a person believes that without anime he/she would die, and I mean seriously, if they did not have anime. Like "if I spend more than an hour not watching anime I won't be able to survive"
~When a person becomes so strongly addicted everything else takes the back seat, if the person believes there is any room at all for them.

And above all:
~When a person risks his/her, or perhaps even someone else's, physical health because of anime. For example, when a person refuses to sleep or eat because they can't stand to stop watching anime for that long, or ruins their eyesight by spending hours staring at the screen and refusing to heed the "Stay at least 3 meters away from the TV and keep the lights on" warning
Posted 12/5/08 , edited 12/5/08
Being Otaku, is like

1) your room having so many anime stuff people wont notice that you were in it.
2) start using japaneese words
3) Cosplaying on a daily basis
4) imaging guys as anime charaters and expect them to do crazy things
5) start doing naughty stuff to there monthly shoju beat magazines in the bathroom

In other words...They have officially lost there minds and need to find there closet REHAB ASAP.
33522 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
ಠ_ಠ
Offline
Posted 12/5/08
Congrats.
This thread was just on /a/

Anyway i'll give another reason.
When you proclaim you have a waifu, and it's an anime character.
1476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/5/08

RaikuRoak wrote:

Congrats.
This thread was just on /a/

Anyway i'll give another reason.
When you proclaim you have a waifu, and it's an anime character.


what is /a/


???

im serious btw
Guardian of A/M/P
65266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 12/5/08

lkmjr wrote:

Pretending Twilight fangirls are Otakus, this is one example: A psychologist (yes, you heard right, a psychologist) became so obsessed with the Twilight novels that she moved her entire family yo Forks, Washington and opened a Twilight memorabilia shop. She now lives a happy married life, fantasizing about a fictional seventeen year old vampire. .__.

So, to directly answer the question:

~When someone loses his/her sense of identity, instead classifying his/herself and others based on how many animes they have seen, what genres they watch, etc.
~When someone confuses anime and the real world
~When someone can only think about things in anime terms
~When someone ignores their family and friends, instead preferring to watch anime, and perhaps even replace his/her family and friends with it
~When they go hikikamori (I hope I didn't butcher the spelling....) and refuse to leave their room/house
~When every available surface is covered in anime-related objects
~When a person believes that without anime he/she would die, and I mean seriously, if they did not have anime. Like "if I spend more than an hour not watching anime I won't be able to survive"
~When a person becomes so strongly addicted everything else takes the back seat, if the person believes there is any room at all for them.

And above all:
~When a person risks his/her, or perhaps even someone else's, physical health because of anime. For example, when a person refuses to sleep or eat because they can't stand to stop watching anime for that long, or ruins their eyesight by spending hours staring at the screen and refusing to heed the "Stay at least 3 meters away from the TV and keep the lights on" warning


Nice read as always.
I still kind of don't believe that you are 13.
"LAWL"

Well, I don't really have much to say about this subject, so I'll take my leave.
72881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Honolulu, HI, USA
Offline
Posted 12/5/08

gondola_wuv wrote:

When they start taking 2D girls as their wife.


Like the guy in this article right: http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/asiapacific/news/article_1440080.php/Japanese_man_launches_campaign_to_marry_manga_girl_


.............
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.