First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Gentleman's War
10196 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Uoi'nota, kyon ul...
Offline
Posted 12/8/08

bhavik15 wrote:



im scared of telo now

though i do undertand to some extent how one can find fight enjoyable
i myself tend to find fighting "fun" (spars not battlefield) every now and then
even then
insanity is something i understand in ways of mental illness
its kind of hard for me to think about it in terms of war


Hahaha You can't be afraid of insanity. Everyone is a little insane. If you don't believe me then answer this. Do you have any odd habits? You know like biting your nails or tapping your fingers on a table, or pacing? I bet you do. Can you explain why you do it and how it actually helps anything? Hehehehe
8206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Republic of South...
Offline
Posted 12/8/08

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


Telomonian wrote:

By not understanding what Wolven means, you don't truly understand the ecstacy of insanity in a fight. Writting it down doesn't come close to doing it justice, it has to be experienced. This about all I can offer you: Go out and experience the elation of a true fight.


??
I've been in quite a few 'true' fights. Furthermore I understand well insanity and it's nature.
What I do not understand is your assumption that I do not understand said things based on my statements about an entirely different subject.


By saying you understand insanity.....you don't understand insanity, hence "insanity." Whether you have really been in a true fight or not I can not say and may only take your word. To my knowledge, most assuptions are based off of statements as well as actions. Nor was it an entirely different subject. Your thinking things of such only embrace my reasoning. Sanity and insanity run parallel with everything, when it comes to conflict they tend to run close by. However, insanity cut in this case and had a direct impact on the subject. As for you not understanding my assumption I can only leave you with this: If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are. - Zen Proverb
8206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Republic of South...
Offline
Posted 12/8/08

bhavik15 wrote:



im scared of telo now

though i do undertand to some extent how one can find fight enjoyable
i myself tend to find fighting "fun" (spars not battlefield) every now and then
even then
insanity is something i understand in ways of mental illness
its kind of hard for me to think about it in terms of war


It's no problem, you have the rest of your life to learn.
10410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / Somewhere in the US
Offline
Posted 12/9/08 , edited 12/9/08

bhavik15 wrote:



im scared of telo now

though i do undertand to some extent how one can find fight enjoyable
i myself tend to find fighting "fun" (spars not battlefield) every now and then
even then
insanity is something i understand in ways of mental illness
its kind of hard for me to think about it in terms of war


Insanity is not a mental illness. ADD, Dyspareunia, and Schizophrenia are mental illness'. Insanity is a label that others use to describe people who do not fit nor think in the social norm. I for one am quite proud to be considered to be insane. Many who consider those few like myself insane in war as those who enjoy the smell of napalm, love the site of blood and suffering. It is an experience that few get in life.....the moment when you are not sure if you will live and die. That moment you never feel more alive in your life. As for sparing and having fun, well sparring can be fun but still leaves me unfulfilled.


As a side off note, I am not sacred by telo, one insane person to another I find it really fascinating to meet another insane person.
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 12/9/08

Telomonian wrote:

By saying you understand insanity.....you don't understand insanity, hence "insanity." Whether you have really been in a true fight or not I can not say and may only take your word. To my knowledge, most assuptions are based off of statements as well as actions. Nor was it an entirely different subject. Your thinking things of such only embrace my reasoning. Sanity and insanity run parallel with everything, when it comes to conflict they tend to run close by. However, insanity cut in this case and had a direct impact on the subject. As for you not understanding my assumption I can only leave you with this: If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are. - Zen Proverb


I'm a psychology major. I understand the concept of insanity and have experienced both desperation and frenzy in conflicts and have had attempts made on my life before.

Now you're being both condescending and not making any since. What does any of this have to do with the discussion? You quoted me and replied with something seemingly irrelevant to the topic. What's you're damage, man?
10410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / Somewhere in the US
Offline
Posted 12/9/08 , edited 12/9/08

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


Telomonian wrote:

By saying you understand insanity.....you don't understand insanity, hence "insanity." Whether you have really been in a true fight or not I can not say and may only take your word. To my knowledge, most assuptions are based off of statements as well as actions. Nor was it an entirely different subject. Your thinking things of such only embrace my reasoning. Sanity and insanity run parallel with everything, when it comes to conflict they tend to run close by. However, insanity cut in this case and had a direct impact on the subject. As for you not understanding my assumption I can only leave you with this: If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are. - Zen Proverb


I'm a psychology major. I understand the concept of insanity and have experienced both desperation and frenzy in conflicts and have had attempts made on my life before.

Now you're being both condescending and not making any since. What does any of this have to do with the discussion? You quoted me and replied with something seemingly irrelevant to the topic. What's you're damage, man?



As a psychology major you should know that insanity is only a state of mind, therefore pertains to ones perception of the world view. So if we take the view, which may be presumptuous, and say that telomonian is insane this would effect his view on war. Lets assume that he is aware of his insanity and embraces this fully. His awareness of his self insanity would in turn allow him to make decisions and actions that would be outside the norm, hence insane. To say that insanity has nothing to do with war is somewhat inaccurate. Sanity or lack there of does have to do with war. This forum was more on the thought on war and war crimes. Since sanity or insanity do pertain to thought it is relevant to the topic at hand.


This is not relevant to the topic at hand......WHY CAN'T AMERICANS USE PROPER ENGLISH?
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 12/9/08

silverfizz wrote:
As a psychology major you should know that insanity is only a state of mind, therefore pertains to ones perception of the world view. So if we take the view, which may be presumptuous, and say that telomonian is insane this would effect his view on war. Lets assume that he is aware of his insanity and embraces this fully. His awareness of his self insanity would in turn allow him to make decisions and actions that would be outside the norm, hence insane. To say that insanity has nothing to do with war is somewhat inaccurate. Sanity or lack there of does have to do with war. This forum was more on the thought on war and war crimes. Since sanity or insanity do pertain to thought it is relevant to the topic at hand.


This is not relevant to the topic at hand......WHY CAN'T AMERICANS USE PROPER ENGLISH?


I never said insanity has nothing to do with war. I said I didn't see what his reply had to do with the topic at hand.

What, I can't use proper English now?

10410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / Somewhere in the US
Offline
Posted 12/9/08

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


silverfizz wrote:
As a psychology major you should know that insanity is only a state of mind, therefore pertains to ones perception of the world view. So if we take the view, which may be presumptuous, and say that telomonian is insane this would effect his view on war. Lets assume that he is aware of his insanity and embraces this fully. His awareness of his self insanity would in turn allow him to make decisions and actions that would be outside the norm, hence insane. To say that insanity has nothing to do with war is somewhat inaccurate. Sanity or lack there of does have to do with war. This forum was more on the thought on war and war crimes. Since sanity or insanity do pertain to thought it is relevant to the topic at hand.


This is not relevant to the topic at hand......WHY CAN'T AMERICANS USE PROPER ENGLISH?


I never said insanity has nothing to do with war. I said I didn't see what his reply had to do with the topic at hand.

What, I can't use proper English now?



I never said you couldn't I said that THAT was an irrelevant topic. Who is assuming things now?



What does any of this have to do with the discussion? You quoted me and replied with something seemingly irrelevant to the topic. What's you're damage, man?


This statement implies that insanity has nothing to do with war. If that was not your intention you might want to reword your reply because that is how it came across my dear.
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 12/9/08

silverfizz wrote:


I never said you couldn't I said that THAT was an irrelevant topic. Who is assuming things now?



What does any of this have to do with the discussion? You quoted me and replied with something seemingly irrelevant to the topic. What's you're damage, man?


This statement implies that insanity has nothing to do with war. If that was not your intention you might want to reword your reply because that is how it came across my dear.


How did I assume anything? I asked a question because I was confused.

I never 'implied' insanity itself had nothing to do with war. I asked what his reply had to do with what I was talking about; He quoted me and I did not understand his reply. If you read it differently, then sorry.

What the heck is everyone's deal lately? Everyone's so uptight and pushy.

Member
189 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 12/9/08 , edited 12/9/08

silverfizz wrote:


Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


Telomonian wrote:

By saying you understand insanity.....you don't understand insanity, hence "insanity." Whether you have really been in a true fight or not I can not say and may only take your word. To my knowledge, most assuptions are based off of statements as well as actions. Nor was it an entirely different subject. Your thinking things of such only embrace my reasoning. Sanity and insanity run parallel with everything, when it comes to conflict they tend to run close by. However, insanity cut in this case and had a direct impact on the subject. As for you not understanding my assumption I can only leave you with this: If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are. - Zen Proverb


I'm a psychology major. I understand the concept of insanity and have experienced both desperation and frenzy in conflicts and have had attempts made on my life before.

Now you're being both condescending and not making any since. What does any of this have to do with the discussion? You quoted me and replied with something seemingly irrelevant to the topic. What's you're damage, man?



As a psychology major you should know that insanity is only a state of mind, therefore pertains to ones perception of the world view. So if we take the view, which may be presumptuous, and say that telomonian is insane this would effect his view on war. Lets assume that he is aware of his insanity and embraces this fully. His awareness of his self insanity would in turn allow him to make decisions and actions that would be outside the norm, hence insane. To say that insanity has nothing to do with war is somewhat inaccurate. Sanity or lack there of does have to do with war. This forum was more on the thought on war and war crimes. Since sanity or insanity do pertain to thought it is relevant to the topic at hand.


This is not relevant to the topic at hand......WHY CAN'T AMERICANS USE PROPER ENGLISH?


^
im sry
i just think that it takes too much time
and as long as you are getting your point across and the recipient is receiving the info in the manner that was meant, then it doesn't matter if you are using proper English or not
also misspellings as irreverent as they are do not matter to me, though out of habit i try to spell things correctly.

as to what Wolven said i dont have any odd habits other than twirling things between my fingers
insanity: when you repeatedly do something expecting a different result
im not saying insanity is something bad, its just when you are a danger to the ones around you is when it should be controlled.
10410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / Somewhere in the US
Offline
Posted 12/9/08
Anything worth doing is worth doing well.



im not saying insanity is something bad, its just when you are a danger to the ones around you is when it should be controlled.


I would disagree and I'll explain briefly why. I find a life without danger isn't worth living; however, I believe I already have stated I proudly carry the mantle of an insane person to begin with.
8206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Republic of South...
Offline
Posted 12/9/08 , edited 12/9/08



^
im sry
i just think that it takes too much time
and as long as you are getting your point across and the recipient is receiving the info in the manner that was meant, then it doesn't matter if you are using proper English or not
also misspellings as irreverent as they are do not matter to me, though out of habit i try to spell things correctly.

as to what Wolven said i dont have any odd habits other than twirling things between my fingers
insanity: when you repeatedly do something expecting a different result
im not saying insanity is something bad, its just when you are a danger to the ones around you is when it should be controlled.


If the people around you can't protect themselves, that's their own fault. Survival of the fittest.
10196 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Uoi'nota, kyon ul...
Offline
Posted 12/9/08

bhavik15 wrote:

^
im sry
i just think that it takes too much time
and as long as you are getting your point across and the recipient is receiving the info in the manner that was meant, then it doesn't matter if you are using proper English or not
also misspellings as irreverent as they are do not matter to me, though out of habit i try to spell things correctly.

as to what Wolven said i dont have any odd habits other than twirling things between my fingers
insanity: when you repeatedly do something expecting a different result
im not saying insanity is something bad, its just when you are a danger to the ones around you is when it should be controlled.


Hahahah my friend I am sorry to do this but you got the definition wrong. The one you used is for the term Crazy.
Member
65 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / South East Asia
Offline
Posted 12/23/08
wow, this topic is insane. Started with the intention of discussing the brutalities in war then become a debate about alive or dead importance in producing victory. How is that anyway, if you die you die, end of discussion, victory is no longer yours because you can no longer have any victories in the afterlife. In that regard won't survival be more than just a bonus, it became a necessary part to achieve personal victory.
Posted 12/29/08

silverfizz wrote:

war crimes are merely rules made by pacifist to make them selves feel better. There is only two rules in war....

1.)WIN

2.)Survive

Everything else is diplomatic crap that people slap into the mix to feel better about themselves or to have a high sense of moral superiority. People need to quit thinking that life is a right. It's not a right it's a privilege any one tells you differently is trying to sell you something. War crimes are also another way to punish the loser, very rarely will you ever see a war crime trail for someone who won, it happens but not often.

okay first off I could solve your problem of POW's DONT TAKE ANY!
I wouldn't take prisoners, the Japanese had it right with the old way. Also the real reason for killing POW's is that if they escape or are freed you give your enemy another fighter that could come back and kill you. That contradicts rule two.

Child soldiers: well if they can fight why not. It's their land too, that's the difference between the weak and strong. The strong will live and continue to use any and all means necessary to win.

Unnecessary torture: well they made the decision to be quiet....so that is all on them.If they want to play hard ball I don't mind it actually would make my day. Some say there is no creature more dangerous than a woman sadist......hmmm the military needs to employ more of us....we would have them talking in no time and loving it.

Genocide: you say that like it's a bad thing. You can't kill what you can't catch, so it's their fault for being either too stupid or too slow. Hence Darwin was very correct, only the strong survive and make the species better. It works for mother nature why not us.

AND YES BEFORE YOU ASK I DO THINK THE GENEVA CONVENTION IS STUPID AND IS NOT WORTH THE PAPER IT'S WRITTEN ON.


"The point of war isn't to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his"- General Patton
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.