First  Prev  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  Next  Last
Introducing the Crunchyroll Anime Membership
523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 12/14/08
Noooooo.

Come on, in Singapore we get Skip Beat! early, but it's 11.30 pm. So late. So I just HOPE it will be available... :[
120 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / At home in Carame...
Offline
Posted 12/14/08
Sigh, my parents mostly won't let me get the membership... TT___TT But even just to be able to watch Naruto Shippuden is good enough for me! ^_^
15 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 12/14/08
not interested. i can understad japanese so i can watch raw
59 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 12/14/08
Hmm...sad to say things are not free in these world. if the studio allow crunchyroll to have the streams FOC and the server allows CR free of charge usage i believe CR can be totally free with all the goodies...sadly life isnt like that. please be understanding.

the 720p is amazing but the anime in the list......is quite limited...
i mean..i only watch gintama and gintama viewers are sooooo used to waiting for updates lol..
Posted 12/14/08 , edited 12/14/08

Tigerboy1688 wrote:

They do it so we can watch it (unless you understand Japanese, which 99% here prob dont ).


Enjoy


If you live in America than what do you think of buffet restaurants signs says no sharing. Sometimes it's good to share at the same time sharing is bad.
Posted 12/14/08 , edited 12/14/08

SpeedyVT wrote:


shinji wrote:




Your post means well but:

Almost every middle and high school students have a cellphone with much higher payment plans. Many adults have cellphone. Most household in America have two TVs, internet service, and cable TVs. 99% of every household have a line phone. Compare cellphone to CR payment plan it is so little.

Do you know how much it cost to run CR or any site like CR? I understand that Stage6 was costing 1 million a month. Plus, Stage6 was getting C&D letteres and getting sued. Are you taking into consideration of the bandwidth and how many users would be on the site. Plus getting the contents straight from the Japanese companies. Those contents would most likely be pirated if downloadable was an option. Do you know how much hardwork goes into a site? I would understand if you are contributing $500,000 to CR every month then your suggesting can be met.

The $5 special or the regular price of $7 monthly fee should be nothing for people living in industrial countries with the exception of students.
Posted 12/14/08
Whos gonna do the subs? Pray get some decent literate people.
Posted 12/14/08
NOOOOOOOOO! I DON'T HAVE A CREDIT CARD AND I CAN'T AFFORD SUCH!! TT-TT If I get it, the money I payed will be my death debt passing on to my future family..
18818 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/14/08 , edited 12/14/08

wncci wrote:


SpeedyVT wrote:


shinji wrote:






Well that is not entirely true. Phones and Internet(like water heating and electricity) count as a utility bills... TVs are just a device to view data which normally is for entertainment purposes. Crunchy Roll fits only in as a form of entertainment. Let me correct you about the kids and cell phones about half of all students have cell phones about more than 80% have parents who pay for the cell phone service as a joint plan. So saying kids pay for the it is not correct the parents do... How many parents are going to say he "Tom we are going to buy 12 months of crunchy roll because we know you like it.". Parents 7 out of 10 will either say "hell no" and not bother 1 out of 5 will fold and say "ya lets buy him the subscription" and 1 out of 10 will be undetermined as space between both variables. But lets not debate that considering phone bills are not the same as bills for entertainment. A person can't live in the modern world with out a form of communication so thus its a utility. We have priorities and well Crunchy Roll isn't as important as a phone your electric and so on. Now you say $5 isn't a lot well I want you think about the different variable situation you may be in if you were in another pair of shoes also you want to look at other things like well. I also don't know your age and don't care to but that aspect your taking on shows and demonstrates that your a more sheltered young adult or not in the same position as others.

Yes the cost may seem like $500k for such a large server a month but again it may not be the correct amount this site uses. It's obvious that this site from the beginning didn't have to pay licensing to provide a service until now CR wants to do it the legit way. My estimate for the server operation is about 2k to 4k a month having a service that cost $2.50 + bonus stuff multiplied by about half to one fourth of that is way more than ~_~ 2k to 4k. The site will then need to pay licensing which will probably be about the same as above or more. Crunchy Roll takes no role in the the creation of anime. He is just a source or outlet to getting content out. Shinji and his buddies will most likely get profit from the site even at $2.50 as well as make server payments on time to as well as paying licensing.

Most standard blockbuster hit that were sort of big only cost 20 to 65mil to produce that usually spans between 4 to 6 years of work depending on the content required in the movie. So about 5mil to 16mil a year and lets see you have about 300 to 500 people working on the movie. We take out the cost of props and stuff your down to 3mil to 13mil. Now take 2/3 of that remains and split it between 300 to 500 people this is also in consideration of the expensive actors. The 1/3 remaining is used on services to help get the movie accomplished. Movies like Batman cost about 165mil and is totally different because that movie wasn't a normal block buster so don't argue about the cost with that movie. Crunchy Roll doesn't have hundreds of people working for him and doesn't require props and stuff like that so do the math it doesn't cost 500k a month to run a server when a movie cost less to produce a month.
18080 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Texas, USA
Offline
Posted 12/14/08
Well, I found a way around the full-screen lag =D

If you right-click on the video and toggle video smoothing, it makes things much better. I'm still pretty new to viewing anime on crunchyroll, so everyone else probably already knew this. But for those who didn't, now you do!
18 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 12/14/08

SpeedyVT wrote:


wncci wrote:


SpeedyVT wrote:


shinji wrote:






Well that is not entirely true. Phones and Internet(like water heating and electricity) count as a utility bills... TVs are just a device to view data which normally is for entertainment purposes. Crunchy Roll fits only in as a form of entertainment. Let me correct you about the kids and cell phones about half of all students have cell phones about more than 80% have parents who pay for the cell phone service as a joint plan. So saying kids pay for the it is not correct the parents do... How many parents are going to say he "Tom we are going to buy 12 months of crunchy roll because we know you like it.". Parents 7 out of 10 will either say "hell no" and not bother 1 out of 5 will fold and say "ya lets buy him the subscription" and 1 out of 10 will be undetermined as space between both variables. But lets not debate that considering phone bills are not the same as bills for entertainment. A person can't live in the modern world with out a form of communication so thus its a utility. We have priorities and well Crunchy Roll isn't as important as a phone your electric and so on. Now you say $5 isn't a lot well I want you think about the different variable situation you may be in if you were in another pair of shoes also you want to look at other things like well. I also don't know your age and don't care to but that aspect your taking on shows and demonstrates that your a more sheltered young adult or not in the same position as others.

Yes the cost may seem like $500k for such a large server a month but again it may not be the correct amount this site uses. It's obvious that this site from the beginning didn't have to pay licensing to provide a service until now CR wants to do it the legit way. My estimate for the server operation is about 2k to 4k a month having a service that cost $2.50 + bonus stuff multiplied by about half to one fourth of that is way more than ~_~ 2k to 4k. The site will then need to pay licensing which will probably be about the same as above or more. Crunchy Roll takes no role in the the creation of anime. He is just a source or outlet to getting content out. Shinji and his buddies will most likely get profit from the site even at $2.50 as well as make server payments on time to as well as paying licensing.

Most standard blockbuster hit that were sort of big only cost 20 to 65mil to produce that usually spans between 4 to 6 years of work depending on the content required in the movie. So about 5mil to 16mil a year and lets see you have about 300 to 500 people working on the movie. We take out the cost of props and stuff your down to 3mil to 13mil. Now take 2/3 of that remains and split it between 300 to 500 people this is also in consideration of the expensive actors. The 1/3 remaining is used on services to help get the movie accomplished. Movies like Batman cost about 165mil and is totally different because that movie wasn't a normal block buster so don't argue about the cost with that movie. Crunchy Roll doesn't have hundreds of people working for him and doesn't require props and stuff like that so do the math it doesn't cost 500k a month to run a server when a movie cost less to produce a month.


I have to agree with speedy. There are some down falls. When a site is free its free people go there and get what they want with easy because its free. Now once you have to pay to use that site and there is another site is free now and has the same content. People are generally going to take the free one before the paid one. Its just how humans are. The only way to make people want/have to come to your site is by making sure all the sites that do it for free can no longer do it. This will put people in the place that its they pay or they dont have it. Or at least make it so hard its not worth there time and they should just pay you a small fee.

If you really want to go monopoly you set up a service for other sites to stream your content on there sites. So both sides are legit. You make money from them paying you for the steaming content and everyone is happy, this makes them not want to be illegal. People would like to get it legally because its hard for them to keep getting links and the content becomes harder to find steamed. So if you do the legal then set up a service for other sites thay pay you a large fee. You will be set and not have to worry about any one competing with you and if they are they are paying you by already using your service.
Posted 12/14/08 , edited 12/14/08

SpeedyVT wrote:


wncci wrote:


SpeedyVT wrote:


shinji wrote:









I understand where you are coming from. Your right that Crunchyroll is not the most important thing on people list because it is entertainment. Anime is a niche. Anime is a luxury form of entertainment. Anime is a hobby. Until anime is mainstream in our society then it will still be consider a luxury item. Until the internet many teens or adults may have never heard of "anime." That's another story. Cellphones, computers, and the internet were at one time a luxury item. Now they are consider necessities because many people have them and like to talk on the cellphone 24/7 and people are required to go on the internet to do businesses or e-mailing. That's why those that don't have internet goes to the library. If people want something badly they will save their money or budget around to buy it. I understand that people may not have the means to support anime on CR next year, but in the future if they have money and still believe in the causes of anime hopefully they will support anime.

I think that it is in the eye of the beholder as to what value is place on anime. $2.50 is undervaluing anime as far as I am concern. The time machine (ATM) charges about $1.50-$3.00 for a person to get money when they used another bank's ATM. A movie ticket cost about $5.50 for matinee and $8.50 after five o'clock where I live. Most movie are about 1.5 - 2 hours unless it's a special like Lord of the Rings or the Harry Potter movies. If what you are suggesting about the llicensing to be 2k- 4k for anime then why haven't the American anime companies show them on TV for that amount for a series of 26 episodes? If each episode was licensed for 2k-4k instead of the whole series than it adds up. Also, when CR shows anime in the numbers the cost will be very high. The $2.50 would only work if current members of CR pledged to support CR every month in the amount of $2.50 for each month for the next 12 months than the $2.50 is no problem. The problem with that scenario is that people don't want to pay for legit anime when they can go to another site to watch fansub.

Why do people care so much what CR is making anyway? I don't care what CR is making just like I don't care about Microsoft, Apple, or Starbucks even though their products and services are too expensive. I still shop there with hard earn money saved. I care about what anime, Jdrama, or Kdrama will be shown. If the content will be good or bad.

SpeedyVT, in your last sentences are you talking about 500 million or 500 thousands?
18818 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/14/08 , edited 12/14/08

wncci wrote:


SpeedyVT wrote:


wncci wrote:


SpeedyVT wrote:


shinji wrote:









$2.50 isn't under valuing it. Movie theaters require maintenance and have to pay a large staff again the staff here is limited. If Crunchy Roll gets more titles and become a large biz I ~_~ can absolutely understand a raise in its cost. It currently is just too much for what they currently want to provide. Hell I can even settle for a $3.50 for the service but not much more than that. Anime isn't cheap to produce, but it isn't expensive for us to pay for if we all are taking on the responsibility of supporting. Still do the math.

Here is something else to consider as well do you know why we our economy in the world is suffering... Well here is the absolute reason why our economy is failing us, people are creating dams in rivers preventing flow of money pocketing it all in the end and then sitting on it as if it was a mountain to admire. I don't want Crunchy Roll to be a mountain but a well maintained hill.

Oooh about ATMs ~_~ those are bank fees to cover the cost of moving money around as an insurance that the money will get properly handled and not lost. The more an ATM is used in an area generally effects its cost of withdrawal. OOH I love buying anime so don't think I'm not paying any dues to the anime industry because I'm trying my best to do so. When money is getting lost it is not a result of a faithful supporter. Where do you stand?
Posted 12/14/08 , edited 12/14/08

SpeedyVT wrote:


shinji wrote:





I like what SpeedTV suggested because I would like to be able to download to own the anime because some anime will never get a R1 release. The problem with that would be taking away dvds sales in Japan. Plus, the fact that there are people pirating the downloads or fansub putting it up on BTs and people uploading it on streaming sites. Paying for anime is new concept for some people.
18818 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/14/08

wncci wrote:


kara wrote:


SpeedyVT wrote:


wncci wrote:


SpeedyVT wrote:


shinji wrote:







I like what SpeedTV suggested because I would like to be able to download to own the anime because some anime will never get a R1 release. The problem with that would be taking away dvds sales in Japan. Plus, the fact that there are people pirating the downloads or fansub putting it up on BTs and people uploading it on streaming sites. Paying for anime is new concept for some people.


I absolutely agree with you on that. I don't know the statistics about Japan and its difficulty getting anime sold on dvds but the general idea is that anime is only for specific audience. Part of the problem may be that their is a lack of backbone for the economy that people who buy the anime are just otakus or fans of the anime, forcing the others who can't afford the anime to download through piracy. It's kinda like why people are downloading games to avoid DRM on the software. People who are really fans of the previous title will buy it even though their is a DRM but alot of people get turned off because the DRM becomes too expensive for them to manage so they download. Same story not always true. If their was more flow in money like I mentioned to you above there would be more well everything. Concept of money these days is dying out.
First  Prev  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.