First  Prev  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  Next  Last
Introducing the Crunchyroll Anime Membership
Posted 12/14/08
1, if there was more animes stated, i would be willing to pay

2, i'm a student; lots of free time but no money

72880 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Chicago, IL
Online
Posted 12/14/08
Does anyone, even the person who runs the site, know if Crunchyroll will also put up older episodes of Naruto Shippuden, like from episode 1 and beyond? Anyone can answer, please and thanks in advance.
Posted 12/14/08 , edited 12/14/08

SpeedyVT wrote:

Oooh about ATMs ~_~ those are bank fees to cover the cost of moving money around as an insurance that the money will get properly handled and not lost. The more an ATM is used in an area generally effects its cost of withdrawal. OOH I love buying anime so don't think I'm not paying any dues to the anime industry because I'm trying my best to do so. When money is getting lost it is not a result of a faithful supporter. Where do you stand?



I agreed with you on that. ADV would still be number 1. The Big 3 wouldn't be up at DC asking for money. The financial institutional wouldn't need a $600 billion bail out. My mutual funds would not be seeing the bottom of the bucket.

I to do support the anime industry by buying dvds from Bandai Entertainment, ADV, FUNimation, Midori Days from Media Blasters.
18818 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/14/08 , edited 12/14/08

wncci wrote:


SpeedyVT wrote:




I agreed with you on that. ADV would still be number 1. The Big 3 wouldn't be up at DC asking for money. The financial institutional wouldn't need a $600 billion bail out. My mutual funds would not be seeing the bottom of the bucket.

I to do support the anime industry by buying dvds from Bandai Entertainment, ADV, FUNimation, Midori Days from Media Blasters.


The bailout should not have gone to the companies not a single company should have been bailed out. What should have happened was that all registered Adult Americans should have acquired 100k dollars. Then for every 20 to 30 year old each year get 50k that can be only used in the expensive of living and education till end of their 31st year. Then if they failed to used to money as they turned 31 it would go back to the government. See the reason why it shouldn't go to companies is because money doesn't come from companies to the little people its the little people who make the companies. Pretty much the panicking move by the government killed the economy even more. DAMN IT ALL I wish I could organize the flow of the money around the world I would make the world right again not perfect but definitely functioning.

Another problem is that companies are over producing products cars are not in demand since there is obviously too many being pushed out of the factories. The question is what should these companies be doing to provide more work... Well what they should be doing is looking for other things to produce that the world needs like robotics parts or mechanical equipment. The fact they built them self on only one source of buyers they start putting them self in a slow progressive cycle of death.
6558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In my friends' he...
Offline
Posted 12/14/08
I love CR...with or without promotions/payments and I am gonna support it, but I don't think it's reasonable for non-anime members to get any benefit that the star members get. I am referring to the part where you say the anime will be available to everyone after 7 days. Why? Why not keep these quality vids for star members only? I don't think all your average users gets to see an anime immediately after upload anyway. Therefore, don't you think that the average users would rather wait? It's like , why should I bother to pay so much money when I'm going to see it for free anyway. You still need to give your users more reasons to pay. Sorry, might sound selfish but that's the way it is.
283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / WI
Offline
Posted 12/14/08 , edited 12/14/08
I have to admit it's a bit pricey, especially considering I only want to watch 2 shows on that list. But I do have some questions. If I never seen naruto shippuden before, will I be able to watch episode 1? Or will I only be able to watch the newest episode?

edit: also it would be nice if crunchyroll was able to get some dramas as well. korean, japanese, etc etc. But anime is a huge step in the right direction, it's also pretty damn cool crunchyroll is a big part of this
64509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Washington
Offline
Posted 12/14/08

fn-p90 wrote:

1, if there was more animes stated, i would be willing to pay

2, i'm a student; lots of free time but no money



Lots of free time= Part time job! Which will lead to some free time and money to buy stuff with! Problem solved!

Honestly, when I was in high school, I had a part-time job where I worked about 15 hours a week. You can even do it with two 4 hour shifts a week. When I got out of high school, I worked full time and took 2 classes a quarter and put myself through school. Granted that I still lived at home. I can understand some of you here saying that you might be in a poor country, but you probably have a decent PC, internet broadband access, some nice clothes, a cell phone and an ipod.

I do many pretty good money for what I do, but it's also a high stress job. I work hard and plenty of hours. I understand the value of the money that I earned. I like how so many of these fansubbers buts their butts to do this for us. If you guys notice too, some sites use certain online video sites to host their content and even then most of it is poor quality. Crunchyroll actually hosts these with some high quality streams. The biggest reason that I think this is a good value is that it supports the anime studios that produce these shows we like so much. To me, if you like the media, support the artists and producers making it for you. You don't work for free, why should they. I can understand why some of you guys are skeptical or anything and I'm hoping we see more titles in the future.

59814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Hell Paso
Offline
Posted 12/15/08
weird i thought that with the anime membership or regular donation all adds would disappear... i still have all the adds can some one tell me why???
769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Kuala Lumpur, Mal...
Offline
Posted 12/15/08

shinji wrote:

Hey guys! You know how we're launching Naruto Shippuden, Skip Beat!, Shugo Chara, Gintama, and more in January? I have some more details about it~

So we're able to put these shows up 7 days after it airs in Japan for normal crunchyroll users. BUT, we're allowed to show it in High Definition 720p 1 HOUR after it airs in Japan for exclusive Anime Members! Crunchyroll is the ONLY PLACE on the whole internet you can get it this early. Other websites won't have it, but we will =D. For example, normal people can watch Naruto Shippuden Episode 91 on Jan 15th, but Anime Members get early access on Jan 8th =P Everything will be soft subtitled in English, and Japanese dubbed.

So how do you become an Anime Member? Just click here! Anime Memberships are only available starting January 2nd, but you can preorder it today for a special discount ;P It's as little as US$5/month - cheaper than Netflix, WoW, cable tv, and even a single movie ticket You can even get it as a Christmas gift for someone else, or have your parents get it for you ;P

These are all the benefits Anime Members get:

- Early access to all of our simulcasted shows (usually one hour after Japan's broadcast, shows include TV Tokyo's Naruto Shippuden, etc.)
- super high quality video streams (HD 480p and 720p) (They look even better than downloaded versions! Check out a sample here)
- NO video advertisements
- Star recognition next to your name with custom colors
- Custom wallpapers for your profile page

Click here for more details, or check out the FAQ.

We'll continue to add more shows to the list, and we have a bunch more coming in January! And for those of you wondering if there will be Drama shows, don't worry about that too~ we're working on it ;P

Errata 12/10/2008: Territory restrictions
I initially posted "This is available WORLDWIDE (except Japan)", but actually that's wrong -- sorry my mistake! This is only for Naruto Shippuden and Shugo Chara. We're trying to get worldwide permission for the others, but unfortunately rights issues get hairy I'll have more details later, but it looks like Gintama and Skip Beat! may have additional restrictions in Asia. When we launch these, each show will clearly display its availability on the video page.

Your support helps out crunchyroll and the entire Anime industry! A large portion of the proceeds is given back to the studios who produce these shows =D By becoming an Anime Member, you are letting them know that you love their shows, so they keep making awesome shows for all of us to enjoy! =D

For those of you who can't get the Anime Membership, don't worry, Crunchyroll is still 100% free! You just need to wait a few more days to watch it in regular quality.

Update 12/10/2008: For people asking whether it'll be downloadable or not, sorry, it's streaming only, I couldn't get permission to do downloads. But the streaming quality is better than download quality, so why download? There are concerns about people pirating it and putting it on Bittorrent or whatever. We could also do DRM but I know people don't like that.

P.S. For existing Star Members, thanks for all your support in the past! I was able to make your Star Memberships transition to Anime Memberships! You get all the current star benefits, plus all the privileges of the Anime Membership for free! =D (There will be no more "Star Memberships" from now on, think of it as just renaming Star to Anime -_-)


so you say that around january cr is going to have naruto shippuuden so can users download it for free in high quality cause the action cr take has cause dattebayo to stop subbing naruto shippuuden. some people like me has been downloading naruto since 2002 from dattebayo and till now naruto shippuuden for purposes like hobby, interest, or for collection. so did viz ask dattebayo to stop subbing or was it dattebayo choice? if you do not know pls ask viz if they ask dattebayo to stop or is their own choice? if viz did not ask them to stop can u ask viz to tell dattebayo to continue subbing it so we can download? thks for reading.
64509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Washington
Offline
Posted 12/15/08

jerrykazuma wrote:

so you say that around january cr is going to have naruto shippuuden so can users download it for free in high quality cause the action cr take has cause dattebayo to stop subbing naruto shippuuden. some people like me has been downloading naruto since 2002 from dattebayo and till now naruto shippuuden for purposes like hobby, interest, or for collection. so did viz ask dattebayo to stop subbing or was it dattebayo choice? if you do not know pls ask viz if they ask dattebayo to stop or is their own choice? if viz did not ask them to stop can u ask viz to tell dattebayo to continue subbing it so we can download? thks for reading.


Dattebayo is a fansubbing group. Fansubs are what they are, fans doing the subtitles for an anime. They made the choice themselves and they have no affiliation with Viz. The reason they stopped is because TV Tokyo will have english subtitled episodes with this agreement with Crunchyroll 1 hour after the episode airs. It's done faster and is legal. That's the reason they're doing it. If you look at their webpage, you'll find more info.
2033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Wonderland
Offline
Posted 12/15/08
Sigh, even if I did become a member, what if the shows aren't available in my region??
Posted 12/15/08
hmmm.... looks like I can't afford that... *sigh*
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/15/08
It's a great idea that you have. However, your target audience are mainly leechers who "claim" through their nice laptops and decked out desktops that they're broke. You have to reconsider the type of demographic your users fall under. Mainly students I presume? $5 a month seems like a reasonable price. You are right, it is cheaper than Netflix, however, the content you offer for this paid subscription does not outweigh the benefits for many in here unfortunately. At any rate, thank you for this hosting this site and good luck.
Media Moderator
21326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 12/15/08

jer5500 wrote:

weird i thought that with the anime membership or regular donation all adds would disappear... i still have all the adds can some one tell me why???


Some of the benefits of anime membership only begin on January 8th, when the service launches (remember, this is a preorder). Until then, ads will show up as usual. However, after Jan. 8th, you will no longer see those annoying in-video advertisements.
6558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In my friends' he...
Offline
Posted 12/15/08

Tsubasa_Lover_4Ever wrote:


Misam wrote:

Well, I just found out its for credit cards only and I don't have one.. they could atleast add paypal or paybycash to it.


yeah I wish they had paybycash or checks it would be awesome if they added that but I doubt CR ever will cause a number of reasons.......


There are other payment options available.

Other Options:

Wanna give this to someone as a Christmas gift?, Want to pay with PayPal?, Don't have credit card? Pay by mail with money order or cash!, No cash? Get your membership for free with CR Bucks! Click here!
http://www.crunchyroll.com/preorder?src=fp2
First  Prev  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.