First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Anti Yaoi/Yuri questions regarding fan works
67345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Glendale, AZ
Offline
Posted 12/8/08
I know there are people on these forums that support gay pairings: yaoi/shounen-ai and yuri/shoujo-ai. But I have a question slamming these. I love fanfiction and Yugioh is one of my favorite types. Okay, so in that show, Joey and Kaiba hate each but are a popular yaoi pairing. In general regarding doujinshi/fanart/fanfiction, why is often there are yaoi/yuri pairings between two characters that hate each other and show no romantic evidence whatsoever (Except in the minds of demented fans especially for obnoxious yaoi fangirls who I find are extremely demented. Yes, I meant that to be said as a disparaging remark because they really annoy me).

Also, why is Tea/Kaiba common in Yugioh fanfiction? Having seen the entire series of Yugioh: Duel Monsters and read much of the manga, I know there is no evidence whatsoever between them. Also, why is occasionally yaoi/yuri pairings like Joey/Kaiba or Kasumi/any girl from Dead or Alive are embraced whereas heterosexual pairings like NaruSaku are dismissed?

People preferring yaoi/yuri over hetero pairings sickens me since I don't condone gay pairings at all since it is against my Christian beliefs (I am a conservative who struggles accepts people for who they are while opposing LGBT things).\

Finally, I say this: yaoi/shounen-ai and yuri/shoujo-ai are promoters of homosexuality. I don't care if it is just a comic or cartoon, it still promotes (potentially subliminally) homosexuality or endorses or at least glorifies it. Learn that some of the best hetero intended romances among anime/manga is what reflects the author's work. They may feel insulted seeing gay/bisexual pairings between characters that are clearly supposed to be straight.
8559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 12/8/08 , edited 12/8/08
Nobody care's about what you think is right. Just ignore the Yaoi/Yuri content if you don't like it,

1706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Candyland
Offline
Posted 12/8/08

kadmos1 wrote:

I know there are people on these forums that support gay pairings: yaoi/shounen-ai and yuri/shoujo-ai. But I have a question slamming these. I love fanfiction and Yugioh is one of my favorite types. Okay, so in that show, Joey and Kaiba hate each but are a popular yaoi pairing. In general regarding doujinshi/fanart/fanfiction, why is often there are yaoi/yuri pairings between two characters that hate each other and show no romantic evidence whatsoever (Except in the minds of demented fans especially for obnoxious yaoi fangirls who I find are extremely demented. Yes, I meant that to be said as a disparaging remark because they really annoy me).

Also, why is Tea/Kaiba common in Yugioh fanfiction? Having seen the entire series of Yugioh: Duel Monsters and read much of the manga, I know there is no evidence whatsoever between them. Also, why is occasionally yaoi/yuri pairings like Joey/Kaiba or Kasumi/any girl from Dead or Alive are embraced whereas heterosexual pairings like NaruSaku are dismissed?

People preferring yaoi/yuri over hetero pairings sickens me since I don't condone gay pairings at all since it is against my Christian beliefs (I am a conservative who struggles accepts people for who they are while opposing LGBT things).\

Finally, I say this: yaoi/shounen-ai and yuri/shoujo-ai are promoters of homosexuality. I don't care if it is just a comic or cartoon, it still promotes (potentially subliminally) homosexuality or endorses or at least glorifies it. Learn that some of the best hetero intended romances among anime/manga is what reflects the author's work. They may feel insulted seeing gay/bisexual pairings between characters that are clearly supposed to be straight.



Yeah I agree that Pairing up two Anime Characters that show no Interests in Each other is Kinda Stupid...

But About Yuri/Yaori I Must Disagree...
Its true it may bee Disgusting at first...But after awhile i started liking it...Weird Huh?
I am that kinda type that HATES Hentai but yet i like Yuri/Yaoi...
Its Addictive...
But Thats MINE Opinion...
67345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Glendale, AZ
Offline
Posted 12/8/08
Wrong, because some people would agree with my views and proudly biased and disparaging remarks.
Posted 12/8/08
Its just anime..so plz don't take it seriously..
3839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / East London!!
Offline
Posted 12/8/08

kadmos1 wrote:

;;;;


I sortof agree with you because:
-naruto and sauke ..WTF????? I like watching naruto but that image just kills it lol
and NARU saku isnt dimissed havent u seen sakusasu? loads everywhere and itachiXsakura stuff.....
952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Land of Oz...
Offline
Posted 12/8/08
I don't think it's silly to put together pairings with little evidence o.o It's just a bit of yaoi/or yuri fun for fans, I doubt anyone is taking it seriously. I just think this forum is based upon your personal conservative beliefs, I'm not going to offend what you believe although I disagree. I doubt anyone really cares, it's crack pairings we can write fanfiction about and have fun with, get over it.
24494 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 12/8/08

tachi_lachi wrote:

Nobody care's about what you think is right. Just ignore the Yaoi/Yuri content if you don't like it,



This.
Posted 12/8/08
Fanfiction . I`m a fan . I can write a story on Naruto and the Hokage if I wanted to .
People have their own preference . If a fan wanted to write about two characters who hate each
other , then he or she can . It`s their story , not yours . As ff.net writers would sometimes mention ,
" Don`t like , don`t read . "
Posted 12/8/08
Yea, The parin is wrong...but who cares...it's fake! It jux fans imagination...
2576 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
115 / At 15 cm.of reali...
Offline
Posted 12/8/08
is just for fun that fans do things like this.No1is telling you to watch it ,so don't get so upset over it

Posted 12/8/08

kadmos1 wrote:

I know there are people on these forums that support gay pairings: yaoi/shounen-ai and yuri/shoujo-ai. But I have a question slamming these. I love fanfiction and Yugioh is one of my favorite types. Okay, so in that show, Joey and Kaiba hate each but are a popular yaoi pairing. In general regarding doujinshi/fanart/fanfiction, why is often there are yaoi/yuri pairings between two characters that hate each other and show no romantic evidence whatsoever (Except in the minds of demented fans especially for obnoxious yaoi fangirls who I find are extremely demented. Yes, I meant that to be said as a disparaging remark because they really annoy me).

Also, why is Tea/Kaiba common in Yugioh fanfiction? Having seen the entire series of Yugioh: Duel Monsters and read much of the manga, I know there is no evidence whatsoever between them. Also, why is occasionally yaoi/yuri pairings like Joey/Kaiba or Kasumi/any girl from Dead or Alive are embraced whereas heterosexual pairings like NaruSaku are dismissed?

People preferring yaoi/yuri over hetero pairings sickens me since I don't condone gay pairings at all since it is against my Christian beliefs (I am a conservative who struggles accepts people for who they are while opposing LGBT things).\

Finally, I say this: yaoi/shounen-ai and yuri/shoujo-ai are promoters of homosexuality. I don't care if it is just a comic or cartoon, it still promotes (potentially subliminally) homosexuality or endorses or at least glorifies it. Learn that some of the best hetero intended romances among anime/manga is what reflects the author's work. They may feel insulted seeing gay/bisexual pairings between characters that are clearly supposed to be straight.


You sound like the Christians at my church...and I'm going on Sunday.

I agree with you on the first few parts. I hate going into the Yugioh fandom on Fanfiction.net and seeing Kaiba and Joey paired together, but the heading of the website does say, "Unleash Your Imagination," and there arn't any rules that say that they can't. I've never had a problem with yaoi or yuri, in fact I'm putting a yaoi couple in my original fiction, but some fangirls do go a little bit crazy and it's not like you can ignore their stories because they're everywhere on the website.
29460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The corner of a c...
Offline
Posted 12/8/08

tachi_lachi wrote:

Nobody care's about what you think is right. Just ignore the Yaoi/Yuri content if you don't like it,



agreed >_>
6404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Wouldn't you like...
Offline
Posted 12/8/08
....I could explain it clearly to you, but I'm not in the mood right now..
Posted 12/8/08
I don't see why people have problems with gays/lesbians. There is nothing to say they can't be together. Except God but who's gullable enough to believe in him
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.