First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Anti Yaoi/Yuri questions regarding fan works
1476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/8/08
i wonder what the hell you be talkin bout boy
67345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Glendale, AZ
Offline
Posted 12/8/08
Yaoi/Yuri is wrong as is homosexuality. Any yaoi/yuri pairings are unwelcome to me. Anyone supporting them clearly should have their head checked. Jake, your remark offended me.
Posted 12/8/08
Isn't this an ANTI-yuri/yaoi thread? people who like it shouldn't come in here just to flame the haters.

I could care either way myself.
Posted 12/8/08
like i care . . .


Posted 12/8/08

kadmos1 wrote:

I know there are people on these forums that support gay pairings: yaoi/shounen-ai and yuri/shoujo-ai. But I have a question slamming these. I love fanfiction and Yugioh is one of my favorite types. Okay, so in that show, Joey and Kaiba hate each but are a popular yaoi pairing. In general regarding doujinshi/fanart/fanfiction, why is often there are yaoi/yuri pairings between two characters that hate each other and show no romantic evidence whatsoever (Except in the minds of demented fans especially for obnoxious yaoi fangirls who I find are extremely demented. Yes, I meant that to be said as a disparaging remark because they really annoy me).

Also, why is Tea/Kaiba common in Yugioh fanfiction? Having seen the entire series of Yugioh: Duel Monsters and read much of the manga, I know there is no evidence whatsoever between them. Also, why is occasionally yaoi/yuri pairings like Joey/Kaiba or Kasumi/any girl from Dead or Alive are embraced whereas heterosexual pairings like NaruSaku are dismissed?

People preferring yaoi/yuri over hetero pairings sickens me since I don't condone gay pairings at all since it is against my Christian beliefs (I am a conservative who struggles accepts people for who they are while opposing LGBT things).\

Finally, I say this: yaoi/shounen-ai and yuri/shoujo-ai are promoters of homosexuality. I don't care if it is just a comic or cartoon, it still promotes (potentially subliminally) homosexuality or endorses or at least glorifies it. Learn that some of the best hetero intended romances among anime/manga is what reflects the author's work. They may feel insulted seeing gay/bisexual pairings between characters that are clearly supposed to be straight.




Mhmm... I understand why you don't like them... But i would really appreciate if you have kept that comment yourself. Firstly... I would say that I am a fan of yaoi. Secondly, you said something about encouraging people to homosexuality. I am sorry... But to be honest i have no interest in being gay. To me i think reading yaoi is just the same as you watching porn, cause they are on the similar lines. Also the majority of people read the opposite sex pair.. So are you suggesting that they will have Lesbian relationship because you read lots of Yaoi manga/anime.

When you said that you see no sign of romance of certain pairing and such in anime it's because people watch from different points of view. You can't just judge it by yourself and say "Oh... There isn't even anything between they how can anyone say they are GAY?!" If you were in the shoes of the yaoi/yuri supporter you might get it... But i guess you won't. You also have mention The pairing NaruSaku are being dissmissed. That is not true, there are still a large amount of people who supports that pairing, I don't find anything wrong.

Since you are a Christian i have nothing to say about that, but if you are really against it I still think you should have kept it to yourself. By the way.. Thank for insulting me for being fan girl. -High five-

But hey... I thought they were very disgusting before i read any of these kind of things, but they DO get interesting and addictive... like how some people watching porn constantly. (really on your personal preference, not trying to convinced you ;p)
3400 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / France
Offline
Posted 12/8/08
I think Yuri is extremely hot but Yaoi suck (Hentai Yaoi is even more disgusting). Nothing against homo just a personal male opinion. As for the question why is there a lot of pairing of two character that hate each other, I think in fan work all they care is whether they are hot or no, and often in manga the antagonist and protagonist are both hot (question of balance maybe xD) so they just paired them together.
Nowl 
57 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Online
Posted 12/8/08
Unrealistic things stays unrealistic. Regarding on whatever yaoi/yuri characters in anime pairings, it has nothing to do in reality.
1386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/8/08
Doujins,can't do anything about it. I don't think its a big problem anyway as long as you don't touch it.
1630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Iowa
Offline
Posted 12/8/08
I like sex.
2606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / GMT -8
Offline
Posted 12/8/08

kadmos1 wrote:

I know there are people on these forums that support gay pairings: yaoi/shounen-ai and yuri/shoujo-ai. But I have a question slamming these. I love fanfiction and Yugioh is one of my favorite types. Okay, so in that show, Joey and Kaiba hate each but are a popular yaoi pairing. In general regarding doujinshi/fanart/fanfiction, why is often there are yaoi/yuri pairings between two characters that hate each other and show no romantic evidence whatsoever (Except in the minds of demented fans especially for obnoxious yaoi fangirls who I find are extremely demented. Yes, I meant that to be said as a disparaging remark because they really annoy me).

Also, why is Tea/Kaiba common in Yugioh fanfiction? Having seen the entire series of Yugioh: Duel Monsters and read much of the manga, I know there is no evidence whatsoever between them. Also, why is occasionally yaoi/yuri pairings like Joey/Kaiba or Kasumi/any girl from Dead or Alive are embraced whereas heterosexual pairings like NaruSaku are dismissed?

People preferring yaoi/yuri over hetero pairings sickens me since I don't condone gay pairings at all since it is against my Christian beliefs (I am a conservative who struggles accepts people for who they are while opposing LGBT things).\

Finally, I say this: yaoi/shounen-ai and yuri/shoujo-ai are promoters of homosexuality. I don't care if it is just a comic or cartoon, it still promotes (potentially subliminally) homosexuality or endorses or at least glorifies it. Learn that some of the best hetero intended romances among anime/manga is what reflects the author's work. They may feel insulted seeing gay/bisexual pairings between characters that are clearly supposed to be straight.



*sigh* Yet another member of the church... Why is it that christians refuse to accept other peoples opinions... I openly oppose the church I'll admit, BUT that's my opinion... If you think you can post your critisizm on yuri/yaoi then I'll just respond with my dislike of your damned corrupt church that ruined my aunt's life!

If ya want me to stop insulting the most corrupt religion on earth then stop with the BULLSHIT!

If you oppose same sex couples then keep it to yerself dammit! It's their choice and you should respect that!
If you post that kinda shit and feel it's O.K. then STFU and GTFO before you piss off too many people!
795 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / England
Offline
Posted 12/8/08
i hate to say this but i don't like watching yaoi/yuri anime!! i feel uncomfortable
841 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/8/08

kadmos1 wrote:

I know there are people on these forums that support gay pairings: yaoi/shounen-ai and yuri/shoujo-ai. But I have a question slamming these. I love fanfiction and Yugioh is one of my favorite types. Okay, so in that show, Joey and Kaiba hate each but are a popular yaoi pairing. In general regarding doujinshi/fanart/fanfiction, why is often there are yaoi/yuri pairings between two characters that hate each other and show no romantic evidence whatsoever (Except in the minds of demented fans especially for obnoxious yaoi fangirls who I find are extremely demented. Yes, I meant that to be said as a disparaging remark because they really annoy me).

Also, why is Tea/Kaiba common in Yugioh fanfiction? Having seen the entire series of Yugioh: Duel Monsters and read much of the manga, I know there is no evidence whatsoever between them. Also, why is occasionally yaoi/yuri pairings like Joey/Kaiba or Kasumi/any girl from Dead or Alive are embraced whereas heterosexual pairings like NaruSaku are dismissed?

People preferring yaoi/yuri over hetero pairings sickens me since I don't condone gay pairings at all since it is against my Christian beliefs (I am a conservative who struggles accepts people for who they are while opposing LGBT things).\

Finally, I say this: yaoi/shounen-ai and yuri/shoujo-ai are promoters of homosexuality. I don't care if it is just a comic or cartoon, it still promotes (potentially subliminally) homosexuality or endorses or at least glorifies it. Learn that some of the best hetero intended romances among anime/manga is what reflects the author's work. They may feel insulted seeing gay/bisexual pairings between characters that are clearly supposed to be straight.


Since you say you disagree with it; I would consider you avoid any topic that immerses yourself in homosexual content. Yaoi or Yuri isn't for everyone, however the taboo makes it appealing to many people. When searching through arcives of fanfiction it is easy to identify Yaoi and Yuri and be able to avoid them all together. If there are more obscene forms of nudity of sexual behaviour in the descriptive picture links, then it is likely that you're in a hentai site; if you want to watch porn then you're going to see guys and girls performing erotic acts, and sometimes with each other.

When describing the reason why enemies are often used in Yuri/Yaoi pairings, the reason is rather simple. Since homosexuality is marketed to the masses as a taboo, why not double the taboo and make the seemingly enemies secretly lovers. It also plays on the tragic romance that two lovers are torn by their differences and by society and can't be themselves in front of others, the trapped lonelines also hightens the riske factor of their love.

I personaly have many friends who you'd describe as fangirls, I find they are rarely, in fact not at all, obnoxious. I guess that if you're a guy and wholeheartly reject homosexuality between men you'd find the support for such relationships to be possibly revolting. I can't say I agree with that sentiment; but from that standpt. I can understand your hostility towards fujoushi.

When describing why NaruSaku vs. SasuNaru hold a lower degree of popularity, I think the answer would lie in the male viewers. Hentai or straight animated porn is more common amoung boys, usually if a girl decides to learn about sexual intercourse or watch media of adult content, they will watch something that is real, learn from experienced friends, or read a dirty girl book (The romance novels that are cheap and found everywhere, particularily popular amoung older women). So the glorification of Hentai is up to guys. Usually guys prefer to talk about women, therefore something like a Tsunade x Sakura would hold higher merit because there is no guy in the way to block the view of female bodies, it also gives people the impression that they are ultra straight and only want to see the body of a woman. The fault of the lacking verbal support of NaruSaku is thus due to Machoism.

I personally don't think that the author's of manga would care about homosexuality in doujinshi. In fact, I've heard that many authors actually make profit off of producing spin-off homosexual doujinshi. In Japan there is a lot of freedom in this area of artistic expression, it's also viewed as a way to support sales through enhanced advertizing. I believe that many forms of doujinshi need to be approved by the publishers of the original manga before being sold mainstream anyways, so the rights are properly given or legal action should be acceptable if the author felt it was truely insulting.
8559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 12/9/08

kadmos1 wrote:

Yaoi/Yuri is wrong as is homosexuality. Any yaoi/yuri pairings are unwelcome to me. Anyone supporting them clearly should have their head checked. Jake, your remark offended me.


NO. You believe it is wrong, your thoughts and beliefs are not the same for others.
2009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 12/9/08

kadmos1 wrote:

Yaoi/Yuri is wrong as is homosexuality. Any yaoi/yuri pairings are unwelcome to me. Anyone supporting them clearly should have their head checked. Jake, your remark offended me.


And what of the people you offend? You are insinuating that all homosexuals are mentally ill. If you are going to talk about others being offensive to you, you should strive not to offend others.

If I said all christians should have their head checked because they worship a two thousand year old zombie by eating his skin and drinking his blood, but was offended by heterosexual pairings how would it make you feel?

You are free to voice your opinions but don't act like a victim at the slightest provocation please.
67345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Glendale, AZ
Offline
Posted 12/9/08
I know people who are in the LGBT and get along with them. I despise the choice of orientation they do (hate sin and not sinner). Anime wise, I feel yaoi/yuri does promote homosexuality even if people who enjoy it aren't gay. The demented yaoi fangirl comment was to be disparaging because I find the ones I've seen on YouTube to be irritating.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.