First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Are you ever sick of people judging celebrities by looks?
3007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / *Luckystar*
Offline
Posted 12/8/08
Yes, a typical celebrity is pretty, but just because a celebrity isn't stunningly gorgeous and happens to be in the entertainment circle doesn't mean she/he should be hated or looked down at.
We should be judging actors/actresses/singers by their talent, not their looks, but so many fans and critics of celebrities only care about how they look.

Ex: Many people have been saying "How did Ariel Lin win the actress award? she's not even pretty!"
or
"Eww I can't stand Ella Chen because she's ugly, she shouldn't be in S.H.E."

Ariel won because she was talented in acting. At least, that's what the judges think.

Ella is famous and in SHE cuz she has an amazing voice.full stop.

Some people may say, " i don't like her because she can't act/sing."
and that's ok, because that's your own opinions,
but judging someone by looks is wrong.

What is your view/input on this issue? Topic open for discussion
4578 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / Christmas Island
Offline
Posted 12/8/08 , edited 12/8/08
ariel lin is really pretty i dunno what idiot would say that......lol


back to topic...of course appearance matters
if people were to choose a really talented singer who has a horrible appearance (doesnt shave, doesnt shower, wash clothes, etc) to a decent singer who is super hot/pretty then its pretty obvious who the public would pick
343 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Planet Earth
Offline
Posted 12/8/08
Yes, i agree with you foreverfay101. It's also annoying how people judge a person due to the characters they play. For example, people think that Ariel Lin is so annoying but that's just a judgement based on the characters she acts out.
168680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Antique bookshop
Offline
Posted 12/8/08
but they are celebrities....its a norm to judge them by their appearance.
if they cannot stand it, they shd not have come into the entertainment circle in the 1st place.
however, i am sure they dare to join in the 1st place was due to their confidence in their looks.



dun quote me
168680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Antique bookshop
Offline
Posted 12/8/08
but i guess i won't be sick of it.

269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / The States
Offline
Posted 12/8/08
TOTALLY.

and so many actors/actresses are mainly popular solely because of their looks and not their (lack of) talent.

but...i can't say that i'm completely innocent to this either...but i'm trying to get better! honest [=
before, i thought Ming Dao was kinda funky and wondered why people liked him...but then i saw his drama, The Prince Who Turned Into a Frog and found that he was an awesome actor. yay for happy endings. haha =P
2707 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20
Offline
Posted 12/8/08
It's an Asian thing, I don't know.

Some people do come off..err.. rather shallow, yes. It's mostly kids saying these things. A lot of kids are very superficial during the growing up stage.
2743 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / St. Louis
Offline
Posted 12/8/08
I agree with summerbeat, they're celebrities. As I said in another thread if they really didn't want to be judged they shouldn't have became a celebrity. Obviously they knew people were going to judge them not only on talent, but on looks also. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if everyone said they were pretty, but it's just the ugly comments that get to them. It's all a part of the package.
13214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47
Offline
Posted 12/8/08 , edited 12/8/08
those people are immature

sometimes they're annoying, sometimes i can't help but laugh at their folly

i'm sick to death seeing those untalented celebs who are praised coz of their physical appearance---so annoying (well praising is okay, but i don't like it when people overrate artists just bcoz they're beautiful..and they disregard d acting and etc....)...... they're not worth the hype nor the fandom of those obsessed fans~~
1399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/8/08

smiggl3 wrote:

Yes, i agree with you foreverfay101. It's also annoying how people judge a person due to the characters they play. For example, people think that Ariel Lin is so annoying but that's just a judgement based on the characters she acts out.


i really agree. its like they actually believe shes the same as her character... hello its called acting! lol
little do they know theyre actually complimenting her acting skills when they do that haha
Posted 12/8/08

summerbeat wrote:

but they are celebrities....its a norm to judge them by their appearance.
if they cannot stand it, they shd not have come into the entertainment circle in the 1st place.
however, i am sure they dare to join in the 1st place was due to their confidence in their looks.



dun quote me


lol i just want to say "i agree"
Posted 12/8/08
dont care
1915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 12/8/08
Extremely. I mean, I do it sometimes, but I try not to. I hate when people slam down Hana-Kimi just because of Ella Chen's looks. They watch thirty seconds of the drama, and immediately, they diss her. It's not fair. The same with Ariel Lin. I'm okay if it's with acting, but even with acting, you have to know the facts and watch other dramas the actor/actress has starred in. Then you can complain.

Personally, I think Ella and Ariel are beautiful.
Posted 12/8/08

foreverfay101 wrote:

Yes, a typical celebrity is pretty, but just because a celebrity isn't stunningly gorgeous and happens to be in the entertainment circle doesn't mean she/he should be hated or looked down at.
We should be judging actors/actresses/singers by their talent, not their looks, but so many fans and critics of celebrities only care about how they look.

Ex: Many people have been saying "How did Ariel Lin win the actress award? she's not even pretty!"
or
"Eww I can't stand Ella Chen because she's ugly, she shouldn't be in S.H.E."

Ariel won because she was talented in acting. At least, that's what the judges think.

Ella is famous and in SHE cuz she has an amazing voice.full stop.

Some people may say, " i don't like her because she can't act/sing."
and that's ok, because that's your own opinions,
but judging someone by looks is wrong.

What is your view/input on this issue? Topic open for discussion :)


hell yeah. it's freaking annoying.

I agree with the Ella has an amazing voice thing x]
Posted 12/8/08
really sick of it especially if the one whose being judge is your fave actress/actor/singer(or should i say celebrity for short :P) ...ever wonder if they can do better than them..LOOK AT A MIRROR BEFORE YOU JUDGE....
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.