First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Is being an otaku is bad to your life??
Posted 12/14/08

Nogara-san wrote:

You people are sad.


Cute. Very cute.

Now give sufficient proof that we are all like this friend of his, and refrain from hasty generalization.

Maybe then I won't scoff at your post as loudly as I just did.
8704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / why would i tell...
Offline
Posted 12/14/08
it is bad for your health
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 12/14/08

einsteinette1017 wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:

You people are sad.


Cute. Very cute.

Now give sufficient proof that we are all like this friend of his, and refrain from hasty generalization.

Maybe then I won't scoff at your post as loudly as I just did.



I'm not saying that all people are like that. There's nothing wrong with watching it in moderation.

But that's just sad to give up school, friends, work, etc all because of being an otaku.

If your life resembles 'Welcome to the NHK' then you need help.

13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 12/14/08
bad for your social life
Posted 12/14/08

Nogara-san wrote:


einsteinette1017 wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:

You people are sad.


Cute. Very cute.

Now give sufficient proof that we are all like this friend of his, and refrain from hasty generalization.

Maybe then I won't scoff at your post as loudly as I just did.



I'm not saying that all people are like that. There's nothing wrong with watching it in moderation.

But that's just sad to give up school, friends, work, etc all because of being an otaku.

If your life resembles 'Welcome to the NHK' then you need help.



Better. Thanks! :]

Yes, I'm a bitch about these kind of things. As long as your clarification is just and sensible, that's all I need.

I was confirming that not everyone was included in "you".

I have a very big ego, sadly. It deflates a bit until something reinflates it again.

Once more, thanks~<3

You've just saved my ego... err... soul... uhm...yeah. :]
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 12/14/08
LOL. Glad I could help?
3171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Ontario, Canada
Offline
Posted 12/14/08
He needs to get his priorities straight then.
Posted 12/14/08
f u dont have control..
i think.
36122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / on my laptop, whe...
Offline
Posted 12/14/08
well it bad for u social life
1355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / between the moon...
Offline
Posted 12/14/08

galaxy_hunter91 wrote:

It is not bad being an otaku. You just need to know how to control yourself.


I agree! There are people who find it highly entertaining. There is nothing wrong with being a fan of anime, it's just when it becomes on obsession and they become all wrapped up in their fantasy world that's when a person should start to take interest in other aspects of their lives.
1386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/14/08
Force your friend to watch fillers of all animes.
4015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Schaumburg
Offline
Posted 12/14/08

sanbhau wrote:

i remember missing classes ............
i think he is a real hardcore.........
this is bad ....from exp....
once addicted hard to get out of it....
solution is to force him out...........
that is for 1 week don't let him near com.......
or what ever time it takes ...to snap out of it .......
must see the real word also .............
its bad to just live in ur dream world....effects mental stability.....
DEEP HUH


Uh no that is not "deep" =\.
4015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Schaumburg
Offline
Posted 12/14/08

einsteinette1017 wrote:


Rayvn wrote:

Of course it's bad to be an otaku. Otaku basically means pervert. And no, pervert does not mean you like sex, like naked men and/or women, or are gay.

Pft. Your post embodies the term "ignorance". Lovely.

1. Your definition of a pervert is.... what? You only told things that DON'T make up a pervert. What DO?

2. Since when does being gay make you perverted? Don't insult orientation like that. Gay people have every right to love, they're human too.

3. Otaku means pervert? Brilliant. The definitions have clear distinctions, I implore you to look them up.

Thanks for your time!



Posting with extreme stupidity while attempting to look intelligent really makes you look the most stupid of all. At least those who think the letter 'u' is a word aren't EXPECTED to have any intelligence.

(1) MY definition of pervert does not exist, since I did not make of that word. If you would like to know what the definition is, please, feel free to crack open a dictionary.

(2) Why are you asking ME "since when does being gay make you perverted"? Why don't you go ask somebody who actually thinks it's true? And, I highly fail to see how saying that being a pervert does mean you are gay is an insult of any kind, other then by (correctly) insulting the intelligence those who actually promote themselves as "perverts" because of the fact that they are gay and/or gay and like sex.

(3) Another word you do not seem to know the definition of is "basically".
1525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / at home. .
Offline
Posted 12/14/08
well, its not that bad being an otaku. .just try to avoid being a hikikimori. .
Posted 12/14/08

Rayvn wrote:


einsteinette1017 wrote:


Rayvn wrote:

Of course it's bad to be an otaku. Otaku basically means pervert. And no, pervert does not mean you like sex, like naked men and/or women, or are gay.

Pft. Your post embodies the term "ignorance". Lovely.

1. Your definition of a pervert is.... what? You only told things that DON'T make up a pervert. What DO?

2. Since when does being gay make you perverted? Don't insult orientation like that. Gay people have every right to love, they're human too.

3. Otaku means pervert? Brilliant. The definitions have clear distinctions, I implore you to look them up.

Thanks for your time!



Posting with extreme stupidity while attempting to look intelligent really makes you look the most stupid of all. At least those who think the letter 'u' is a word aren't EXPECTED to have any intelligence.

(1) MY definition of pervert does not exist, since I did not make of that word. If you would like to know what the definition is, please, feel free to crack open a dictionary.

(2) Why are you asking ME "since when does being gay make you perverted"? Why don't you go ask somebody who actually thinks it's true? And, I highly fail to see how saying that being a pervert does mean you are gay is an insult of any kind, other then by (correctly) insulting the intelligence those who actually promote themselves as "perverts" because of the fact that they are gay and/or gay and like sex.

(3) Another word you do not seem to know the definition of is "basically".


Posts that are ad hominem are the stupidest of all posts. If you can't discredit my post without insulting me, then that's pathetic. I'd rather refrain from flaming/flame-baiting, so I'll probably stop replying to this little spat. I dislike online fights. I prefer not to be banned and I enjoy good debates. The second you whipped out ad hominem, you ruined anything you had going for you. :\

1) If the word doesn't exist, then don't use it like you know the definition. Why don't you use floccinaucinhilipilification in your colloquial speak? Because you don't know the definition. Therefore, if it doesn't exist, don't use it. I know what it means, my vocabulary is quite decent. However, if you say that pervert does NOT mean something, then you should have an idea of what it means.

2) Ah, that was a misunderstanding. Sorry. :\

But still, you should be able to tell me something, if you've seen anyone other than yourself mention the word "gay" and "pervert" in the same sentence.

3) Oh I do. But I find that's it's been misused.

You can relax. I don't take things personally. If we meet in another forum, and you make a post that I can agree with, I'll gladly concur and smile. I don't feel I need to apologize for disagreeing with your post... though I do regret coming off as rude. Rude wasn't my intention- I was challenging you to back up your post with sufficient proof. I do get carried away, and for that, I apologize.

But if you noticed, I never once called you stupid in my first post.

I'm holding my tongue for civilization's sake. You should too. :\

Sorry for the misunderstandings, thanks for your time (again), and have a good life.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.