First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
crunchyroll changed
13271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Kauai, Hawaii, USA
Offline
Posted 12/14/08

tuybw wrote:

When I first came to this site in 2007, this was a haven of free anime so that i could indulge in my favorite guilty pleasure:P. I loved the dramas, animes, music, and forums. At some point in time, crunchyroll began to create payed memberships, instead of just asking for donations, and finally they make really high rates for us to pay if we want to see the anime earlier. Fansubs release what they're advertising for free, and its pretty fast, and on that note, crunchyroll is not accepting fansubs anymore. Do you guys think that crunchyroll changed alot, or is it just me.


I have been a crunchyroll member for like 3 years, and i agree that crunchyroll did changed a lot, however i think most of it is in a good way. Some examples were Higher quality videos made available for everyone instead of just supporters, also the videos loads faster now than before. As for the membership fee, it didnt changed actually since before it has always been $5.00, which i think is a reasonable amount, the only time it is lower than $5.00 is during this previous summer, or when they stop the membership for a while.



wolfsaiga wrote:

um i have a question about the new crunchy roll to the earlier releases to the anime will there be subs or not i wonder. i doubt subs since the don't allow fansubs nemore crunchyroll will only have raw videos.


They will be subbed, but instead of fansubs, it will be staffed subbed, which will probably group of crunchyroll that makes the subs. Also since crunchyroll will be doing its own subs, it will arrive faster, 1 hour or so after the released date if you have an anime membership account. Otherwise you'll have to wait 1 week after the release, which isnt that long since most fansubs arrives 3-4 days after its released, waiting anothr 3-4 days shouldnt be that long.
39377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 12/14/08
changed ...a lot..from once before
55520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / 風の山
Offline
Posted 12/14/08

sherwin07 wrote:


tuybw wrote:

When I first came to this site in 2007, this was a haven of free anime so that i could indulge in my favorite guilty pleasure:P. I loved the dramas, animes, music, and forums. At some point in time, crunchyroll began to create payed memberships, instead of just asking for donations, and finally they make really high rates for us to pay if we want to see the anime earlier. Fansubs release what they're advertising for free, and its pretty fast, and on that note, crunchyroll is not accepting fansubs anymore. Do you guys think that crunchyroll changed alot, or is it just me.


I have been a crunchyroll member for like 3 years, and i agree that crunchyroll did changed a lot, however i think most of it is in a good way. Some examples were Higher quality videos made available for everyone instead of just supporters, also the videos loads faster now than before. As for the membership fee, it didnt changed actually since before it has always been $5.00, which i think is a reasonable amount, the only time it is lower than $5.00 is during this previous summer, or when they stop the membership for a while.



wolfsaiga wrote:

um i have a question about the new crunchy roll to the earlier releases to the anime will there be subs or not i wonder. i doubt subs since the don't allow fansubs nemore crunchyroll will only have raw videos.


They will be subbed, but instead of fansubs, it will be staffed subbed, which will probably group of crunchyroll that makes the subs. Also since crunchyroll will be doing its own subs, it will arrive faster, 1 hour or so after the released date if you have an anime membership account. Otherwise you'll have to wait 1 week after the release, which isnt that long since most fansubs arrives 3-4 days after its released, waiting anothr 3-4 days shouldnt be that long.


o cool but i have a feeling there will be people who is ganna hack cr to get the anime 1 our later after the sub, guess i will have to decide if i want 1 hour ahead for 5 bucks a month or wait a week. hmmm... well ty.
15809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/14/08
It is inevitable

How about you put it in the right section?
And change, yeah I don't like it. but it's not like your complaints are going to get the site to revert back.
2349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / in the SHIBUYA RI...
Offline
Posted 12/16/08
yeah it really changed alot.
9383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Heavens hopefully ;)
Offline
Posted 12/16/08



yah in my opinion the CR changed ..it became worse ….now no fan subbing & I guess they will delete their storage of the anime that already has been uploaded ..but most of good animes are licensed anyway… but you know
anyway but my biggest problem is that CR decided to sub some certain animes & cuz of that the fan subbing teams consider them licensed now so no more subbing & that means no more anime download & no more archiving for me …all what I could say now is goodbye Skip beat

Erehe 
5156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Heretic's Keep
Offline
Posted 12/16/08
I don't wory much, Since i don't pick all my goodies in one basket.
Posted 12/16/08
MOney...It all about the money...baby..
5601 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / world of happines...
Offline
Posted 12/16/08
yeah crunchyroll was better years ago!but if they aren't any fansubs anymore then it sure will take a long time to be subbed or ther would be raw videos but i hope cr won't go that bad i mean its getting worser and worser so yeah i say cr has changed!
The Wise Wizard
99871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 12/16/08

unicorna wrote:

yah in my opinion the CR changed ..it became worse ….now no fan subbing & I guess they will delete their storage of the anime that already has been uploaded ..but most of good animes are licensed anyway… but you know


That is something I would like to see addressed. Will the animes that have already been uploaded prior to that data remain? I don't recall seeing any indication of their fate in the announcements.

519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Arizona, USA
Offline
Posted 12/16/08
I can still watch anime here...so no biggie.

I really dont care if it's in high def or not. I just wanna check out some anime!

Crunchyroll is a good way to make money,and this site may be expensive to run too.

If I had a site of this popularity, you'd bet your booty I'd be charging too.
9383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Heavens hopefully ;)
Offline
Posted 12/16/08

TheAncientOne wrote:


unicorna wrote:

yah in my opinion the CR changed ..it became worse ….now no fan subbing & I guess they will delete their storage of the anime that already has been uploaded ..but most of good animes are licensed anyway… but you know


That is something I would like to see addressed. Will the animes that have already been uploaded prior to that data remain? I don't recall seeing any indication of their fate in the announcements.






I haven't read anything official regarding that matter to be honest that’s why said I guess but I think they probably will delete them cuz they are anti fansub now but I guess we have to wait until January 8 2009 to see what will happen
3927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 12/16/08
say how many animes will be streamed on this site in the future
21752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/16/08
Nothing in this world is free.

Anyway, we can still watch anime in Veoh or Youtube and come back here to chat with our buddies. Come on, anime isn't the only thing on CR.
1587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Saudi Arabia
Offline
Posted 12/16/08
ofcourse it changed..nothing will be the way it was in past
beside CR getting much better than befor..
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.