First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Do smart ass forum noobs (newbies) annoy you? If so what should they know?
Posted 12/17/08
Posted 12/17/08
fuck the rules.
1411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/17/08

artgeek707 wrote:

Does anyone else get annoyed when a person who just recently started using the forums try to be smart and criticize older members who know what they're doing by quoting rules, old posts etc? What should newer users know before making posts criticizing old posts?

For example waaaaaaaaaay waaaaaaaay back I posted on a thread about drummers that was in the general section. In my post I asked why is wasn't in the music section. It was then later moved. Well, today I got a quote saying "isn't this in the music section?" from a 13 year old. I have no problem with new users, but stuff like this has happened repeatedly and it's a little irritating. For any new users I suggest you lurk moar (for those of you who do not know what this means LURK MOAR) before making stupid quotes.

newbies FYI
If you see a an old post saying wrong section, but the thread is in the right section, know that the mods can move threads and that said thread was already moved

Know the rules you quote or you'll end up looking like an ass

Unless it's graphic, most threads you consider innappropiate really aren't

I checked search for similar threads and only got locked threads and bleach and naruto group forums. If it's a duplicate blame search not me.

EDIT: It doesn't make me angry like some people here are implying, it slightly annoys me and I wanted to voice my opinion in hopes that a few would cut it out.


hi, i just joined yesterday and uh....i think you're posting in the wrong section. L2 post in the right place!
Posted 12/17/08 , edited 12/17/08
Meh, we were all noobs at some point. And because they've seen the older members quote things in threads like, 'wrong section' they wanna be in with it and quote too. Or maybe they just generally wanna help out...
32237 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Denver
Offline
Posted 12/17/08
I say to them: "Don't make me THREATEN YOU OVER THE INTERNET!!!"
10508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / I go where Ryu go...
Offline
Posted 12/17/08
hmmm... these noobs are going by example, if you are going to blame anyone, blame the over the top mini mods.

What bugs me are Fire-starters and pre-pubescent fan girls really...
215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Liverpool, United...
Offline
Posted 12/17/08
Just don't even bother letting it get to you. The majority of the demographic on here is rampaging with under 16's. They will learn in time...and a few beatings!
1411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/17/08 , edited 12/17/08

LeighF1 wrote:

Just don't even bother letting it get to you. The majority of the demographic on here is rampaging with under 16's. They will learn in time...and a few beatings!


oh come ON! you're in your 20s and you can't enjoy a good trolling / mental fucking someone!?

~i'm an American and i approve of this message
215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Liverpool, United...
Offline
Posted 12/17/08

Drkcloud wrote:


LeighF1 wrote:

Just don't even bother letting it get to you. The majority of the demographic on here is rampaging with under 16's. They will learn in time...and a few beatings!


oh come ON! you're in your 20s and you can't enjoy a good trolling / mental fucking someone!?

~i'm an American and i approve of this message


Nah, kicking minors in the head and stomach whilst they're down does it for me personally! ^_^
1226 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/17/08
They are new here, they may sound stupid, take your rant to people who care.
1411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/17/08

LeighF1 wrote:


Drkcloud wrote:


LeighF1 wrote:

Just don't even bother letting it get to you. The majority of the demographic on here is rampaging with under 16's. They will learn in time...and a few beatings!


oh come ON! you're in your 20s and you can't enjoy a good trolling / mental fucking someone!?

~i'm an American and i approve of this message


Nah, kicking minors in the head and stomach whilst they're down does it for me personally! ^_^


thats fun....but its soooo much more fun to mentally screw someone up
11519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Nueva York
Offline
Posted 12/17/08
haha. i just find them funny. and when you correct them, they get all defensive XD
9591 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Vancouver, Washin...
Offline
Posted 12/17/08

artgeek707 wrote:

Does anyone else get annoyed when a person who just recently started using the forums try to be smart and criticize older members who know what they're doing by quoting rules, old posts etc? What should newer users know before making posts criticizing old posts?

For example waaaaaaaaaay waaaaaaaay back I posted on a thread about drummers that was in the general section. In my post I asked why is wasn't in the music section. It was then later moved. Well, today I got a quote saying "isn't this in the music section?" from a 13 year old. I have no problem with new users, but stuff like this has happened repeatedly and it's a little irritating. For any new users I suggest you lurk moar (for those of you who do not know what this means LURK MOAR) before making stupid quotes.

newbies FYI
If you see a an old post saying wrong section, but the thread is in the right section, know that the mods can move threads and that said thread was already moved

Know the rules you quote or you'll end up looking like an ass

Unless it's graphic, most threads you consider innappropiate really aren't

I checked search for similar threads and only got locked threads and bleach and naruto group forums. If it's a duplicate blame search not me.

EDIT: It doesn't make me angry like some people here are implying, it slightly annoys me and I wanted to voice my opinion in hopes that a few would cut it out.


isnt this already in the music section? ;D
4457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/17/08
I think it's nothing to bitch over
559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Feminism is made...
Offline
Posted 12/17/08
I would call you an immature brat but then, I would not.You have a valid reason to be pissed but that is just you so caring for your opinion is out of question.
Good luck getting mad over stupid things though. It is entertaining so keep it up!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.