First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Warning- Please Read Toradora Fans
Member
21642 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Chi town
Offline
Posted 12/17/08
As many of you know, usually we get to watch a series when it comes out, but after a while it becomes licensed. I've noticed that lately Toradora videos are being removed everywhere (veoh, anilinkz, youtube, you name it). Many of us know how hard it is to find a website that will stream a licensed popular anime. That topped with the fact that crunchyroll's fan subs are going away does not make a good combination.

Simply put, If you want to see past episode 14 (thats right before the time Crunchyroll is getting rid of them), I suggest you learn how download torrents in the mean time. The torrents will still be available. Otherwise you may be relying on them bringing the DVDs or TV shows to your country (probably will not happen).
Member
134 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Philadelphia, MS
Offline
Posted 12/17/08

threnagyn wrote:

Simply put, If you want to see past episode 14 (thats right before the time Crunchyroll is getting rid of them), I suggest you learn how download torrents in the mean time. The torrents will still be available. Otherwise you may be relying on them bringing the DVDs or TV shows to your country (probably will not happen).


I'm not trying to be a dick, but come on, it's 2008. People should know how to torrent by now. Those who don't REALLY need to catch up. As threnagyn says, it will most likely be the only convenient way to view the series in the near future. Plus, those who torrent right now generally get episodes hours before it is uploaded on Crunchyroll.
killar 
69281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 12/17/08 , edited 12/17/08
Yeah in this day and age everyone should know or learn how to torrent. I don't know for sure but there is a slight chance that Toradora's license holders will allow it to be streamed on cr after the 8th. Until then we just have to wait and see.

But honestly don't be hopeful, learn how to torrent now.
Member
493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / florida
Offline
Posted 12/17/08
...i dont know who to uses torrents...no need. but hey, it cant be hard! lmao, im mean seriously if there a need, ill figure it out.
Member
4492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / RP~Ether of Heave...
Offline
Posted 12/17/08
torrents are very easy to use.
I usually use them to dl batches of eps or a whole series.
150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Cincy
Offline
Posted 12/17/08
Well, for those who don't know how to use torrents, they can always ask for help. But really it isn't that hard unless you're trying to do advanced stuff with it, and even that stuff you can find tutorials for. Port-forwarding and TCP limits, I mean. :/

If anyone needs help with torrents, though, I can help.
20466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Eagan, MN
Offline
Posted 12/17/08
Who licensed Toradora? And where did you come by this information?
Member
104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/17/08 , edited 12/17/08
I hate to break it to you but sites like crunchyroll and anime suki are a bunch of wimps. I can draw up an offical looking cease and desist, send it to crunchy roll claiming I licenced an anime, and they take it down. scrapetorrent.com is all you need along with utorrent. Hell, go to bleachexile.com and they will have them, they wont take them down.
Posted 12/18/08

threnagyn wrote:

As many of you know, usually we get to watch a series when it comes out, but after a while it becomes licensed. I've noticed that lately Toradora videos are being removed everywhere (veoh, anilinkz, youtube, you name it). Many of us know how hard it is to find a website that will stream a licensed popular anime. That topped with the fact that crunchyroll's fan subs are going away does not make a good combination.

Simply put, If you want to see past episode 14 (thats right before the time Crunchyroll is getting rid of them), I suggest you learn how download torrents in the mean time. The torrents will still be available. Otherwise you may be relying on them bringing the DVDs or TV shows to your country (probably will not happen).


I know how to torrent ofcourse since i torrented *COUGH* every Game/movie i have *Cough* But look my internet became really slow these days so it really takes time to download 1-2 days per epi So i dunno Isnt there any place Else?

Member
269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/18/08 , edited 12/18/08
If its gonna be like this we need some links to other places that still stream licensed animes, cause its hard for me to torrent since my computer is a moody piece of junk.

no doubt other people also have problems with the download option, like for instance some internet companies put a limit on the amount of internet usage and charge a crapload if you go over the limit *cough* rogers *cough*. Thats only one of the problems with downloading anime.
Member
807 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / The Great White N...
Offline
Posted 12/18/08
animeseason will probably still have Toradora after ep 14
and it's a streaming one
Member
782 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 12/18/08
umm...soz im kinda a young anime watcher but can u answer my question.....what is a torrent ?
killar 
69281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 12/18/08

ichigofan02 wrote:

umm...soz im kinda a young anime watcher but can u answer my question.....what is a torrent ?


Go ask Google.
Posted 12/18/08 , edited 12/18/08

threnagyn wrote:

As many of you know, usually we get to watch a series when it comes out, but after a while it becomes licensed. I've noticed that lately Toradora videos are being removed everywhere (veoh, anilinkz, youtube, you name it). Many of us know how hard it is to find a website that will stream a licensed popular anime. That topped with the fact that crunchyroll's fan subs are going away does not make a good combination.

Simply put, If you want to see past episode 14 (thats right before the time Crunchyroll is getting rid of them), I suggest you learn how download torrents in the mean time. The torrents will still be available. Otherwise you may be relying on them bringing the DVDs or TV shows to your country (probably will not happen).


dudeman88 wrote:


threnagyn wrote:

Simply put, If you want to see past episode 14 (thats right before the time Crunchyroll is getting rid of them), I suggest you learn how download torrents in the mean time. The torrents will still be available. Otherwise you may be relying on them bringing the DVDs or TV shows to your country (probably will not happen).


I'm not trying to be a dick, but come on, it's 2008. People should know how to torrent by now. Those who don't REALLY need to catch up. As threnagyn says, it will most likely be the only convenient way to view the series in the near future. Plus, those who torrent right now generally get episodes hours before it is uploaded on Crunchyroll.


killar wrote:

Yeah in this day and age everyone should know or learn how to torrent. I don't know for sure but there is a slight chance that Toradora's license holders will allow it to be streamed on cr after the 8th. Until then we just have to wait and see.

But honestly don't be hopeful, learn how to torrent now.


RISEOFATOMSK wrote:

...i dont know who to uses torrents...no need. but hey, it cant be hard! lmao, im mean seriously if there a need, ill figure it out.





skyMcWeeds wrote:

torrents are very easy to use.
I usually use them to dl batches of eps or a whole series.


Tekkei wrote:

Well, for those who don't know how to use torrents, they can always ask for help. But really it isn't that hard unless you're trying to do advanced stuff with it, and even that stuff you can find tutorials for. Port-forwarding and TCP limits, I mean. :/

If anyone needs help with torrents, though, I can help.


lonareas wrote:


threnagyn wrote:

As many of you know, usually we get to watch a series when it comes out, but after a while it becomes licensed. I've noticed that lately Toradora videos are being removed everywhere (veoh, anilinkz, youtube, you name it). Many of us know how hard it is to find a website that will stream a licensed popular anime. That topped with the fact that crunchyroll's fan subs are going away does not make a good combination.

Simply put, If you want to see past episode 14 (thats right before the time Crunchyroll is getting rid of them), I suggest you learn how download torrents in the mean time. The torrents will still be available. Otherwise you may be relying on them bringing the DVDs or TV shows to your country (probably will not happen).


I know how to torrent ofcourse since i torrented *COUGH* every Game/movie i have *Cough* But look my internet became really slow these days so it really takes time to download 1-2 days per epi So i dunno Isnt there any place Else?



ablot wrote:

If its gonna be like this we need some links to other places that still stream licensed animes, cause its hard for me to torrent since my computer is a moody piece of junk.

no doubt other people also have problems with the download option, like for instance some internet companies put a limit on the amount of internet usage and charge a crapload if you go over the limit *cough* rogers *cough*. Thats only one of the problems with downloading anime.

Or you can all stop stealing from the anime production J.C. Staff by downloading illegal copyright infringed illegitimate fansubs of Toradora! And help support crunchyroll with licensing Toradora!: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-411791/Crunchyroll-CEO-Making-Online-Anime-Pay.html?src=topbar

And yes, Toradora! the anime is copyrighted by J.C. Staff and licensed by Kadokawa Group Holdings, the Japanese corporate publishing company. Therefore it was none other than the Japanese anime industries themselves who made the anime series in the first place that file the C & D take down. As per outlined by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act Title II, The Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act, aka section 512(http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/512.html), only the copyright holders and their legal agents can file cease & desist take down notice. Not some rubbish chump like this one claimed:

veryn wrote:

I hate to break it to you but sites like crunchyroll and anime suki are a bunch of wimps. I can draw up an offical looking cease and desist, send it to crunchy roll claiming I licenced an anime, and they take it down. scrapetorrent.com is all you need along with utorrent. Hell, go to bleachexile.com and they will have them, they wont take them down.

So when you are a true fan of the Toradora! anime, you'll support the people who made the series by watching legitimate copyrighted & licensed episodes. Otherwise you'll be just like the internet fansub groups who steal form the anime industry, by downloading the illegitimate copyright & licensing infringed fansubs. Because anime studios, production companies, and the rest of the anime industries don't get paid for stolen goods.
70633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 12/18/08

threnagyn wrote:

As many of you know, usually we get to watch a series when it comes out, but after a while it becomes licensed. I've noticed that lately Toradora videos are being removed everywhere (veoh, anilinkz, youtube, you name it). Many of us know how hard it is to find a website that will stream a licensed popular anime. That topped with the fact that crunchyroll's fan subs are going away does not make a good combination.

Simply put, If you want to see past episode 14 (thats right before the time Crunchyroll is getting rid of them), I suggest you learn how download torrents in the mean time. The torrents will still be available. Otherwise you may be relying on them bringing the DVDs or TV shows to your country (probably will not happen).


What? If it is being licensed for R1 release then all you have to do is buy it. That's even easier than downloading.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.