First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Warning- Please Read Toradora Fans
Posted 12/18/08

veryn wrote:

I own vol 1-7 of the light novel, thats not supporting the original owner of the show? I dont really care either way, im just letting everyone know you dont have to wait to watch it if you download it. Unethical or not. I support Yuyuko Takemiya, the person who came up with the whole idea of this show. If not for this person, there would be NO toradora! anime. Supporting the creator supports the whole deal and not a single person can say other wise
But then why are you watching Toradora! anime TV series when you don't plan on paying for the work that J.C. Staff did, since they are the original owner of the anime series. You paid just about everyone else but the anime production company because you watched illegitimate Toradora! fansubs made of stolen properties.
Member
104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/18/08 , edited 12/18/08
ok i'll guess i'll re-state what another poster said. I dont think anyone here cares, maybe 12% of them do, the other 88% care about finding the anime and watching it any way it can. You can quote laws, legality issues all you want, you cant change anyone's mind on how they watch anime. So before you give your hands carpal tunel, just stop. I already have 7 pms asking how to use torrents for toradora! So it seems your useless typing is all in vein.

Now i'll go donate to some fan subbers so they keep up the good work, whats the site for coal guys >.<
Member
807 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / The Great White N...
Offline
Posted 12/18/08
oh please, give me a break
at the end of the day, the J.C staff is still getting paid
I shouldn't have to pay them, it's their job
fansubbers don't get any money for fansubbing, they take time out of their lives to sub it for nothing
I'm not going to wait years to see the company sub or dub it
but that might be because i'm 'greedy' and like my 'instant gratification'
even though I have to wait a week like any other show, not much instant going on there
but I guess I'll never be a 'true' fan by your standards
ohhh the woe
killar 
69281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 12/18/08 , edited 12/18/08

rawrdinosaur wrote:

I'm not going to wait years to see the company sub or dub it
but that might be because i'm 'greedy' and like my 'instant gratification'
even though I have to wait a week like any other show, not much instant going on there
but I guess I'll never be a 'true' fan by your standards
ohhh the woe :D


Exactly, if the copyright holders made English subs for their anime and put it on TV or the web here in the states very soon after they aired in Japan there would be no need for illegal fansubs or torrents.

Thats what we want to see. Officially supported English subbed anime for the rest of the world that shows up here soon after it airs in Japan. And that's exactly what will begin next year when we go legit.
Member
104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/18/08
Like i had said before, i'll pay for a membership if it has the anime i want subbed, depending on how soon it is released, but on that note killar, will be still be able to download?
Member
807 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / The Great White N...
Offline
Posted 12/18/08
would we have to pay for that?
cause selling coffee 3 nights a week doesn't pay for much
Posted 12/18/08

killar wrote:


rawrdinosaur wrote:

I'm not going to wait years to see the company sub or dub it
but that might be because i'm 'greedy' and like my 'instant gratification'
even though I have to wait a week like any other show, not much instant going on there
but I guess I'll never be a 'true' fan by your standards
ohhh the woe :D


Exactly, if the copyright holders made English subs for their anime and put it on TV or the web here in the states very soon after they aired in Japan there would be no need for illegal fansubs or torrents.

Thats what we want to see. Officially supported English subbed anime for the rest of the world that shows up here soon after it airs in Japan. And that's exactly what will begin next year when we go legit.

And that's what I'll advocate, a legitimate method for international release of anime series.

Personally, I'm the guy who will wait until the anime DVD price is just right before making my purchase. And since my preference is the super robot genre, I have all the time there is for me to wait.

You need to understand that the regional DVD marketing, and the different time lap on DVD release with licensed anime medias, are marketing tactics imposed by the Japanese media publishers. They had to do this in order to protect their Japanese domestic anime DVD market from import anime DVD, especially from the US anime DVD. Because while the US anime DVD costs less than the Japanese anime DVD, it also contains twice as many episodes per disk on average. The Japanese anime DVD market is a small and saturated niche market group, however it still managed to draw more profit than the anime exporting business. This reality will not change, as long as anime still remain as a subculture, not a mainstream entertainment.

Throughout history, the only method to break this Japanese close-market predicament, was the gunboat diplomacy(aka Black Ships: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Ships) imposed by the US Navy on July 14, 1853 at Uraga Harbor. Now that we're in the 21st. century, we don't need to rely on such primitive method, no. An intercontinental ballistic missile, or ICBM, will eradicate this problem along with a good chunk of the Japanese soil.[/heavy sarcasm]

Crazy talk aside, an alternative method is to generate an even greater demand for licensed anime medias from outside the Japanese anime media market region. This will make the Japanese anime production companies to fold on their Japanese media publishers, and instead working with the international anime licensing companies for a greater global profit. Over a long run this will produce a perfect competition(http://tutor2u.net/economics/content/topics/competition/competition.htm) on anime, that means anyone can trade with everyone at anytime, with an universal exchange rate on goods and services. However, this will require anime subculture to become a professional mainstream entertainment business, not some amateur wannabe part-time hobby, like stealing anime from anime industry for greedy instant self-gratification.
Posted 12/18/08

rawrdinosaur wrote:

would we have to pay for that?
cause selling coffee 3 nights a week doesn't pay for much

You can subscribe for the anime membership and watch the latest anime instantly, or you can simply wait for a week after and still watch them paid by advertisements on basic memebership. As for myself, I'll save my money on anime DVD that I really like, and watch the rest here just to pass the time between my workouts. I like to teach people here about the anime subculture more than indulging on my hobby, anyway.
Member
11405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Guam
Offline
Posted 12/18/08
i kinda get what you guys mean...

however disadvantages:
some computers download things to slow
some torrents will not be translated *many ppl are to lazy to translate them*
some torrents are fakes or virus ridden files

buying disadvantages:
some places are too expensive
you may never see the dvd ever. *on where i live, we have no real good anime dvd stores TT_TT*

so all in all, they both have disadvantages but i'd rather torrent, saves money and my computer can take all the disadvantages head on >:D
killar 
69281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 12/18/08

however disadvantages:
some computers download things to slow

Would you rather wait a week to download something over the torrent network or a few years for the DVD's to come out?

some torrents will not be translated *many ppl are to lazy to translate them*

Have you ever downloaded an anime torrent? It's very easy to tell what is and isn't subbed. And even then, it's pretty easy to find the sub file online.

some torrents are fakes or virus ridden files

Thats why you do the civilized thing and buy a Mac or run Linux. They don't get viruses and IMO, if you are torrenting ANYTHING you need to do so on a Mac or Linux box to avoid any risk of viruses.

buying disadvantages:

some places are too expensive

True, brick and mortar stores are stupidly expensive. But I'm sure you can afford $7 bux a month for unlimited anime online right here. Just skip a single McDonald's meal every month and save it for CR lol.

you may never see the dvd ever. *on where i live, we have no real good anime dvd stores TT_TT

Again, the web is your friend, just get everything here. I've purchased a TON of good, legit anime from craigslist and eBay. They have never let me down.


Member
11405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Guam
Offline
Posted 12/18/08

killar wrote:


however disadvantages:
some computers download things to slow

Would you rather wait a week to download something over the torrent network or a few years for the DVD's to come out?

some torrents will not be translated *many ppl are to lazy to translate them*

Have you ever downloaded an anime torrent? It's very easy to tell what is and isn't subbed. And even then, it's pretty easy to find the sub file online.

some torrents are fakes or virus ridden files

Thats why you do the civilized thing and buy a Mac or run Linux. They don't get viruses and IMO, if you are torrenting ANYTHING you need to do so on a Mac or Linux box to avoid any risk of viruses.

buying disadvantages:

some places are too expensive

True, brick and mortar stores are stupidly expensive. But I'm sure you can afford $7 bux a month for unlimited anime online right here. Just skip a single McDonald's meal every month and save it for CR lol.

you may never see the dvd ever. *on where i live, we have no real good anime dvd stores TT_TT

Again, the web is your friend, just get everything here. I've purchased a TON of good, legit anime from craigslist and eBay. They have never let me down.




i suppose so, just stating my opinion :| you know? and not a lot of ppl can buy that stuff and anyways i cant buy anything online, so i'll stick to torrenting and watching on crunchyroll *likes crunchyroll the best because of hi def*
killar 
69281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 12/18/08
Why can't you buy anything online? I would die if I could not buy stuff online...

Your missing out.
Member
11405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Guam
Offline
Posted 12/18/08

killar wrote:

Why can't you buy anything online? I would die if I could not buy stuff online...

Your missing out.


fully aware, my parents are big overprotective ppl :3 my mom doesn't trust me with my id card and i'm 18 years old going towards college soon >.<;;;
Posted 12/18/08

luneth34 wrote:


killar wrote:

Why can't you buy anything online? I would die if I could not buy stuff online...

Your missing out.


fully aware, my parents are big overprotective ppl :3 my mom doesn't trust me with my id card and i'm 18 years old going towards college soon >.<;;;

Man, and I had to work for a living 2 years after high school, because my folks just can't afford to keep me around anymore. You need to hit the work field before you got yourself too deep into those books, It'll teach you to appreciate those honest people who work for a living.
Member
11405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Guam
Offline
Posted 12/18/08

DomFortress wrote:


luneth34 wrote:


killar wrote:

Why can't you buy anything online? I would die if I could not buy stuff online...

Your missing out.


fully aware, my parents are big overprotective ppl :3 my mom doesn't trust me with my id card and i'm 18 years old going towards college soon >.<;;;

Man, and I had to work for a living 2 years after high school, because my folks just can't afford to keep me around anymore. You need to hit the work field before you got yourself too deep into those books, It'll teach you to appreciate those honest people who work for a living.


lols i'm actually fully aware, i had to take up adult responsibilities at the age of 13 so i've got some experience no worries dude.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.