First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
About Talbot's Camera: May contain SPOILERS
26 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 12/21/08
I think anm4944's explanation makes the most sense. I'll just quote and comment in green.




facts:
- the camera shows only the dead that you love most.
- Puru-chan is in the picture, there's a shot in the episode where you see him from outside
- Ciel is in the picture. What I mean is, neither PuruPuru nor Ciel are a product of the camera's "magic".


notice that puru puru is looking directly at sebastian; that means that sebastian joined in the picture because puru puru could see him. (because puru puru cant see sebastian as ciel's dead loved one, only if sebastian joined in the picture.) <Also Ciel is out of sight for Puru-chan, hence his confused face: he's watching Sebastian take a picture of himself next to a chair, pretty puzzling for a dog>
now, ciel is asleep. if sebastian didnt join the picture and just took it, then puru puru would have looked towards where the pic was taken. (at sebastian) <Agreed. As I said before, Puru Puru is watching Sebastian, most likely begging for entrance, oblivious to the whole picture-taking.>
being that sebastian is a demon and has no soul, he was dead. Ciel also sold his soul to Sebastian so in a way, he's dead. <I don't completely agree with this, I think it's very hard to call Sebastian and/or Ciel dead or alive, it all depends on the camera's definition of "alive". (After all, it would seem the camera is "choosing" who to show.)>


now since they are physically living... the picture must have just left it the way it was, ciel loved sebastian and sebastian loved ciel. <I think this is a good conclusion, EXCEPT~ I wouldn't dare say Sebastian "loves" Ciel. He's a demon, I doubt that he is capable of "loving". Following this line of thought, there would be no one "available" for the camera to show, if he has never loved anyone. But then again I might be wrong; I'm not too sure about this theory.>
Puru puru was included in the picture because he jumped on the window. Puru puru loves sebastian the most so it also stayed the same. (meaning the photo had nothing added on since all the people that needed to be added were already there. added meaning the dead people that should have showed up)<Hmm, if I were Puru Puru, I'd love that maid Angela (or something) better than Sebastian; but then again he's a dog and probably just loves whoever feeds him. D: >


There's a little something I would like to point out. Why, if Sebastian is really in the picture, did he look at Ciel and not at the camera? Does he feel something for Ciel? Or was he just coldly processing facts and smiling mechanically? (Dun dun dun...!)
Either way, Sebastian said to Ciel it was just "an illusion". He could be referring to the camera's myth, about showing people their departed loved ones. Or it could be that it's just a joke (referred to as "illusion") that Sebastian set up to mess with Cieru-bocchama. He actually shows an ironic and cynical sense of humour (he's a demon), so it makes sense to me this way. Why else would Sebastian take the picture? Because he wants a memento for his cute, demonic family album? >.>
Member
3500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/22/08
for me... sebastian did say "KOI -LOVE" hgehehehe sebastian is messing with ciel, for causing him trouble and he knows from the very beginning that ciel is up to something. sebastian, i think can't be seen on a camera - his true form may show - and besides the title was ILLUSION - the producers - will like the audience to think hard and to wonder why that pic. i truly believe that sebastian did take that picture and move fast - just to mess with ciel... after all ciel's the reason for his ADDED work "PURUPURU" hehehe... anyway i like the episode - why? FANSERVICE!!! God i love that look between the two



Member
1919 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / My Own Realm...
Offline
Posted 12/22/08

neko_arisa wrote:

I think anm4944's explanation makes the most sense. I'll just quote and comment in green.




facts:
- the camera shows only the dead that you love most.
- Puru-chan is in the picture, there's a shot in the episode where you see him from outside
- Ciel is in the picture. What I mean is, neither PuruPuru nor Ciel are a product of the camera's "magic".


notice that puru puru is looking directly at sebastian; that means that sebastian joined in the picture because puru puru could see him. (because puru puru cant see sebastian as ciel's dead loved one, only if sebastian joined in the picture.) <Also Ciel is out of sight for Puru-chan, hence his confused face: he's watching Sebastian take a picture of himself next to a chair, pretty puzzling for a dog>
now, ciel is asleep. if sebastian didnt join the picture and just took it, then puru puru would have looked towards where the pic was taken. (at sebastian) <Agreed. As I said before, Puru Puru is watching Sebastian, most likely begging for entrance, oblivious to the whole picture-taking.>
being that sebastian is a demon and has no soul, he was dead. Ciel also sold his soul to Sebastian so in a way, he's dead. <I don't completely agree with this, I think it's very hard to call Sebastian and/or Ciel dead or alive, it all depends on the camera's definition of "alive". (After all, it would seem the camera is "choosing" who to show.)>


now since they are physically living... the picture must have just left it the way it was, ciel loved sebastian and sebastian loved ciel. <I think this is a good conclusion, EXCEPT~ I wouldn't dare say Sebastian "loves" Ciel. He's a demon, I doubt that he is capable of "loving". Following this line of thought, there would be no one "available" for the camera to show, if he has never loved anyone. But then again I might be wrong; I'm not too sure about this theory.>
Puru puru was included in the picture because he jumped on the window. Puru puru loves sebastian the most so it also stayed the same. (meaning the photo had nothing added on since all the people that needed to be added were already there. added meaning the dead people that should have showed up)<Hmm, if I were Puru Puru, I'd love that maid Angela (or something) better than Sebastian; but then again he's a dog and probably just loves whoever feeds him. D: >


There's a little something I would like to point out. Why, if Sebastian is really in the picture, did he look at Ciel and not at the camera? Does he feel something for Ciel? Or was he just coldly processing facts and smiling mechanically? (Dun dun dun...!)
Either way, Sebastian said to Ciel it was just "an illusion". He could be referring to the camera's myth, about showing people their departed loved ones. Or it could be that it's just a joke (referred to as "illusion") that Sebastian set up to mess with Cieru-bocchama. He actually shows an ironic and cynical sense of humour (he's a demon), so it makes sense to me this way. Why else would Sebastian take the picture? Because he wants a memento for his cute, demonic family album? >.>



I guess I'll stick to this explanation...


...and leave the rest to my imagination...



Member
1919 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / My Own Realm...
Offline
Posted 12/22/08

annaivida wrote:

for me... sebastian did say "KOI -LOVE" hgehehehe sebastian is messing with ciel, for causing him trouble and he knows from the very beginning that ciel is up to something. sebastian, i think can't be seen on a camera - his true form may show - and besides the title was ILLUSION - the producers - will like the audience to think hard and to wonder why that pic. i truly believe that sebastian did take that picture and move fast - just to mess with ciel... after all ciel's the reason for his ADDED work "PURUPURU" hehehe... anyway i like the episode - why? FANSERVICE!!! God i love that look between the two







I like that episode too...! A LOT!! Me goin' crazy over those pics. And the whole FANSERVICE thingy isn't helping at all.
Member
3500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/23/08

xxxenigmaxxx wrote:


annaivida wrote:

for me... sebastian did say "KOI -LOVE" hgehehehe sebastian is messing with ciel, for causing him trouble and he knows from the very beginning that ciel is up to something. sebastian, i think can't be seen on a camera - his true form may show - and besides the title was ILLUSION - the producers - will like the audience to think hard and to wonder why that pic. i truly believe that sebastian did take that picture and move fast - just to mess with ciel... after all ciel's the reason for his ADDED work "PURUPURU" hehehe... anyway i like the episode - why? FANSERVICE!!! God i love that look between the two







I like that episode too...! A LOT!! Me goin' crazy over those pics. And the whole FANSERVICE thingy isn't helping at all.


HAHAHAH!!!!! YEAH!!!! I was like - NOSEBLEED on the loose!!! hahahaha!!! i like that! i like the way the producers do it - well - japanese love fanservice and 80% of their viewers are female who love BL's and they dont have the prejudice some countries have... esp to anime's like Prince of Tennis (scene of kaidoh and inui, yukimura and sanada, fuji and tezuka, kikumaru and oishi, and many many more ^^ KYAAAAA)
Member
583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 12/23/08
well. what i know for sure is, puru just inserted himself in that shot, clinging onto the windows.

here's my point: if Sebastian wasn't Ciel-kun's most-loved. then someone else had to be there, right? his parents. or Madam Red. or whoever. so that prolly means Ciel-kun's most-loved 'person' is Sebastian.
Member
13182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Cross Academy Nig...
Offline
Posted 12/24/08 , edited 12/24/08
What i think... hmm..

The camera is able to show those who are not of this world. It has got to include sebestian..
So Ceil's most loved person is sebastian (after all, his parents dint appear) and so is puru puru's...

After all after the shot was taken, seb n ceil were talking remember..
Sebestian said some thing like : " So its love.."
And Ceil was totally flustered and tried to avoid the situation... thus... my conclusion..^^
Member
3500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/25/08
.... i think the real image of who ciel and sebastian loves the most is still hanging - remember when bard and the others did get their image - puru came (at sebastian's command) and burn the image. the thing is - with all the mess Ciel (though not entirely ciel's fault - but his order) sebastian have to do all the work again (the hole in the wall, the statues, the whole mess) SEBASTIAN shoot Ciel with him to get back at Ciel. hehehehe... and well, i think that Sebastian did it on purpose... well... i hope that the producers can give hint... ahh better visit Toboso Yana's Blog and Site to find out more... ^^

anyway i like that episode. i like puru puru when he throws the cat^^ jealous but still sebastian loves cats heheheh
234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 12/25/08
Number 1) Isn't Sebastian still alive? 0.o
Number 2) This is a filler episode which means it doens't appear in the manga so... ??.
Member
3426 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / SORA DE
Offline
Posted 12/25/08

arsaniit wrote:

Number 1) Isn't Sebastian still alive? 0.o
Number 2) This is a filler episode which means it doens't appear in the manga so... ??.


And your point on Number 2)?
26 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 12/26/08

xminacchi wrote:
here's my point: if Sebastian wasn't Ciel-kun's most-loved. then someone else had to be there, right? his parents. or Madam Red. or whoever. so that prolly means Ciel-kun's most-loved 'person' is Sebastian.


That's a really good point, which I think I either missed or didn't make clear, but makes total sense. How could I miss that? T_T A supporting idea to this point is that the whole episode revolves about Ciel wanting a picture of Sebastian with that very camera which shows one's most loved, probably because he wants to know if he's his butler's favourite. If someone other than himself showed in Sebastian's picture he would probably throw a jealousy tantrum... but I'm sticking to my "demon loves none" idea. >.>

<~o~>


arsaniit wrote:
Number 2) This is a filler episode which means it doens't appear in the manga so... ??.


So...? You mean this is some f*cked up nonsense the anime makers came up with in a moment of cluelessness...? 'Cause I totally believe that's how it is. x3
26 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 12/26/08 , edited 12/26/08

xxxenigmaxxx wrote:

[quote Arisa]

I guess I'll stick to this explanation...

...and leave the rest to my imagination...


Is your imagination full of teh yaoiz? That would make me happy.
Member
1919 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / My Own Realm...
Offline
Posted 12/26/08

neko_arisa wrote:


xxxenigmaxxx wrote:

[quote Arisa]

I guess I'll stick to this explanation...

...and leave the rest to my imagination...


Is your imagination full of teh yaoiz? That would make me happy.


Maybe. Hihihi
Member
583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 12/26/08

neko_arisa wrote:


That's a really good point, which I think I either missed or didn't make clear, but makes total sense. How could I miss that? T_T A supporting idea to this point is that the whole episode revolves about Ciel wanting a picture of Sebastian with that very camera which shows one's most loved, probably because he wants to know if he's his butler's favourite. If someone other than himself showed in Sebastian's picture he would probably throw a jealousy tantrum... but I'm sticking to my "demon loves none" idea. >.>


haha. i agree on that.

besides, do cameras even capture demons? there's a high probability that it doesn't, though. remember when the newspaper guy asked Sebastian for a picture as some sort of memorabilia? i think he refused because he knew that he wouldn't appear in the picture since he isn't exactly 'human'.

just a random thought, though.

and if the camera does capture demons, it wouldn't show Ciel or Puru since neither's dead.

58 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Space
Offline
Posted 12/27/08
Now here is an Interesting speculation.
Perhaps Puru Puru's "loved one" isn't dead so it dosen't matter.
I really think its Just Sebastian messing with him, but by takeing this picture and no one really showing up it says one of two things. (This is based on the Idea that Sebastian really is standing in front of the camera)

One: Sebastian's Most loved is not dead and neither is Ceil's.
or
Two: Neither of them have some one they "Love"
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.