First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Should Crunchyroll become Anime myspace?
1393 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Fucking Stuck in...
Offline
Posted 5/4/07
Well Personally i dont have a myspace so i just want this to be Better like being able to Put a background on it and talking bout the friends like being able t choose who is on ur top ones cause everyime u add one the older ones that uve known more get move out of the way
3335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/4/07

foamer wrote:

myspace is as common as muck. almost everybody has one. it's like the new Tesco's and my god do i hate Tesco's. damn global domination!!!


SECONDED!!!!!
crunchyroll should stay the way it is ^_^ myspace is myspace and CR is CR. they should stay that way.
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/4/07
anime myspace? No thank you

*pukes*

Posted 5/4/07

s_j_b wrote:

In a rush so....

Yes
- organise friends
- possibly music playing in your profile

No
- signatures- messy!
- backgrounds - most people can't seem to chose one that makes the text visible so no

Personally i think CR is more about community than having individual profiles ^-^


Ahh stop stealing my posts!
Haha..It seems everytime I post something you always get in there before me with something exactly the same to what I was about to write. *sigh* So you are the dominating twin then...

But to stay on topic...No I don't want CR to become like Myspace. Took me a while to rid myself of the grips of Myspace so don't particularly want to have another one just like it thanks.
1526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 5/4/07

s_j_b wrote:

In a rush so....

Yes
- organise friends
- possibly music playing in your profile

No
- signatures- messy!
- backgrounds - most people can't seem to chose one that makes the text visible so no

Personally i think CR is more about community than having individual profiles ^-^


Agreed. Especially the music on the profile part. :)
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/4/07
- organise friends (that can be done, without necessarily turning this into myspace )
- possibly music playing in your profile ( this is a video streaming website)


to anyone even considering this:
show me at least one decent myspace profile


mushroomjay wrote:

No, we don't need fucking twats spamming .gif images all over their profiles.
Myspace is for retards. Crunchyroll is for.. Well it used to have a lot intellectuals. But still, no Myspace faggots.


I have to agree with part of this post.


Loveless wrote:

In case you people haven't noticed, it already is like myspace.


unfortunately you are partly right

this site is appealing (at least to me) for its simplicity, no banners, signatures, crappy embedded add-ons, etc.

29091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Body in NY Mind i...
Offline
Posted 5/4/07
I`d say no. If you wanna put all that nonsense up. Then your pouring out shinjis pockets of money. So I hope you plan to get a 100-400 ppl supporting CR with their money. Cause thats what will happen. (Tom of myspace and his buddies were paying shyt wads of cash) (to keep myspace up)
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 5/4/07
Please no...

But i'd have to admit... every day, more and more people are joining CR. It's getting scary...
1326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / U.S Military [92...
Offline
Posted 5/4/07
Cr is ok now! but, maybe adding some details like when is the last time the user went online and maybe those who have a alot of CR points! can put music in their profile. and stuff in it! yeah so its worth a lot a work


personally i like my idea! so it would be more fun if a user achieve the required cr points to customize thier account!!
66185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 5/4/07
@mauz Yey! I like CR's simplicity. I joined Myspace and had no idea what was going on! There were too many options and boxes everywhere!
My yes ideas weren't meant to be what would be good if CR became like Myspace. I meant them as small things that could 'add' to CR. I suggested music as alot of members have been mentioning that idea and i think it's the less messy out of them all (signatures, backgrounds etc).
Hehe if CR became like Myspace then i would probably have to leave since i would be really lost! I would also be less inclined to wanting to read profiles in fear of what they would be like!
Isn't CR a video streaming site though- of which the forums and profiles were just supposed to be a little thing on the side? ^-^
(ps- go study!)
5986 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / lazing in England
Offline
Posted 5/4/07
God, if CR becomes a MySpace clone, that's me gone. Even more so if the idea of using music in profiles becomes a reality. I love music but not in a non-music section, e.g. members' profiles.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/4/07
If CR becomes an anime myspace you will see a whole lot more chain letters, spammers, and people who just randomly add people for buddy numbers. I like how CR is simple now, its easy to keep in touch with people via PM, GB, or even posting. I like how it is now Simple community with streeming anime.
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/4/07

edsamac wrote:

Please no...

But i'd have to admit... every day, more and more people are joining CR. It's getting scary...


Ha! I remember saying the same thing around November.....sigh


s_j_b wrote:

@mauz Yey! I like CR's simplicity. I joined Myspace and had no idea what was going on! There were too many options and boxes everywhere!
My yes ideas weren't meant to be what would be good if CR became like Myspace. I meant them as small things that could 'add' to CR. I suggested music as alot of members have been mentioning that idea and i think it's the less messy out of them all (signatures, backgrounds etc).
Hehe if CR became like Myspace then i would probably have to leave since i would be really lost! I would also be less inclined to wanting to read profiles in fear of what they would be like!
Isn't CR a video streaming site though- of which the forums and profiles were just supposed to be a little thing on the side? ^-^
(ps- go study!)


Agreed, sorry for misunderstanding your post a bit.


(ps- go study!)


Yes Madam!


catex wrote:

God, if CR becomes a MySpace clone, that's me gone. Even more so if the idea of using music in profiles becomes a reality. I love music but not in a non-music section, e.g. members' profiles.


Me too, if I don't leave then I would resign my mod position and come here to watch videos only. Adding music to CR is completely unnecessary, there are other websites dedicated to music, use those in another window while you have CR open or something.
8990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Ronald McDonald's...
Offline
Posted 5/4/07

Mixer06er wrote:

So lots of friends and i were talking about how great it would be to put backgrounds on our accounts and be able to customize n be to choose our top friends list. What are ur thoughts on it


Do that on myspace, watch anime here.
66185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 5/4/07

Yes Madam!

I love power :P

I'm going to try and be fair so....
I think members are asking for music as it is commonly a good indicator of someones personality and can show the listener what they are 'in to'. I think it's just a way for members to describe themselves without using text or images.^-^
However i do think it is un-nessessary since members can just put a url to imeem in their profiles.

Afterall- you don't have your own song coming out your nose when you're walking down the street! People talk to you and don't judge instantly on your music tastes ^-^.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.