WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Are Vampires Real?
5329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Internet
Offline
Posted 12/19/08

leonohanlon wrote:

aslong as you consume blood your a vampire by definition you dont really need a reason


actually, by definition (I looked it up):
vam-pire n. reanimated body of dead person who cannot rest quietly in grave, but arises from it at night and sucks blood from sleepers; one who lives by preying on others; executioner; a vamp.

I do not agree with this definition, but my personal view of vampires still involves them not being humans.
53 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / wales
Offline
Posted 12/19/08 , edited 12/19/08

Psychosniper wrote:


leonohanlon wrote:

aslong as you consume blood your a vampire by definition you dont really need a reason


actually, by definition (I looked it up):
vam-pire n. reanimated body of dead person who cannot rest quietly in grave, but arises from it at night and sucks blood from sleepers; one who lives by preying on others; executioner; a vamp.

I do not agree with this definition, but my personal view of vampires still involves them not being humans.


i doubt that applies to the vampire bat or squid that is a folklore definition related to the myth not a condition
6826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Akranes,Iceland
Offline
Posted 12/19/08
no! but there are bats that sucks blood out of all living things
BUGt95 
24773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / MIlwaukee WI
Offline
Posted 12/19/08
yes vampires are real but nnot in the senses like in anime, books or moives. People like Vlad Draculawere vampires because t hey had a deases that made them attracted to blood. Vlad Draculawould have people staked outside his castle and eat outside in front of them to watch and h ear them die after they were dead he'd leave them there to look at.

Also countess Elizabeth Bathory a beautiful and high born woman tortured and murdered some 650 young women and bathed in their warm blood to keep herself beautiful.
Dorka Was her servent how followed her every will. Dorka and her witches were burned alive, but the Countess, by reason of her noble birth, could not be executed. So, Elizabeth was damned to a death while alive. Sealed into a tiny closet of her castle -- and never let out -- she died four years later.
Elizabeth did not ever utter even a single word of regret, or remorse.

520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 12/19/08
This sudden deluge of vampire-related threads soo have to stop! For one thing, it's not really related to anime. I think vampire novels are cool, but to think that they exist in real-life means crossing that line. And NO, vampires do not exist. In fact, vampires came to 'exist' in novels because in the past, they're similar to people with rabies who bear startling similarities to vampires.

For example; vampires are known to sleep in the day, and similarly, people with rabies (in the past) are insomniacs. Vampires are also known to have high sexual drives, and people with rabies too have that. There're other things, but I can't really remember them at the top of my head..

Basically, my point is that vampires don't exist and are perhaps figments of epople's imaginations where they run wild and etc.
26396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
117 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 12/19/08
are you for real?
53 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / wales
Offline
Posted 12/19/08
vlad impaled things cos it amused him he drank blood because he thought it would give him strength and that countess bathed in blood for youth altho bathing in blood might make you appear younger anyway vlad was exicuted but he still impaled small animals in his cell before that they are prime examples of vampirism
53 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / wales
Offline
Posted 12/19/08

elocin22791 wrote:

This sudden deluge of vampire-related threads soo have to stop! For one thing, it's not really related to anime. I think vampire novels are cool, but to think that they exist in real-life means crossing that line. And NO, vampires do not exist. In fact, vampires came to 'exist' in novels because in the past, they're similar to people with rabies who bear startling similarities to vampires.

For example; vampires are known to sleep in the day, and similarly, people with rabies (in the past) are insomniacs. Vampires are also known to have high sexual drives, and people with rabies too have that. There're other things, but I can't really remember them at the top of my head..

Basically, my point is that vampires don't exist and are perhaps figments of epople's imaginations where they run wild and etc.


you make a good point but in a literal sense they exist and in a theoretical sense they can exist and probibly have but nothing like fictional vampires
5329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Internet
Offline
Posted 12/19/08

leonohanlon wrote:


Psychosniper wrote:


leonohanlon wrote:

aslong as you consume blood your a vampire by definition you dont really need a reason


actually, by definition (I looked it up):
vam-pire n. reanimated body of dead person who cannot rest quietly in grave, but arises from it at night and sucks blood from sleepers; one who lives by preying on others; executioner; a vamp.

I do not agree with this definition, but my personal view of vampires still involves them not being humans.


i doubt that applies to the vampire bat or squid


I don't consider vampire bats vampires. They were named that because people were reminded of vampires by their blood sucking. At least, that's what I assume. I wasn't there and didn't research anything, so I can't be sure.
Like I said, I consider vampires to be a completely separate species or mutated variation, not based on their actions but their DNA. Especially since I drink my own blood from time to time (It actually tastes very good) but I would say that doesn't relate in any way to vampirism.
3043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / The land of my im...
Offline
Posted 12/19/08
#1 has nothing to do with anime.. which most of you have stated.. #2.. who the heck asks that... c'mon people.. we all know vampires aren't real.. it's called fiction or IMAGINATION!
Posted 12/19/08

BUGt95 wrote:

yes vampires are real but nnot in the senses like in anime, books or moives. People like Vlad Draculawere vampires because t hey had a deases that made them attracted to blood. Vlad Draculawould have people staked outside his castle and eat outside in front of them to watch and h ear them die after they were dead he'd leave them there to look at.

Also countess Elizabeth Bathory a beautiful and high born woman tortured and murdered some 650 young women and bathed in their warm blood to keep herself beautiful.
Dorka Was her servent how followed her every will. Dorka and her witches were burned alive, but the Countess, by reason of her noble birth, could not be executed. So, Elizabeth was damned to a death while alive. Sealed into a tiny closet of her castle -- and never let out -- she died four years later.
Elizabeth did not ever utter even a single word of regret, or remorse.





So you're saying that vampires exist?
520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 12/19/08

leonohanlon wrote:


elocin22791 wrote:

This sudden deluge of vampire-related threads soo have to stop! For one thing, it's not really related to anime. I think vampire novels are cool, but to think that they exist in real-life means crossing that line. And NO, vampires do not exist. In fact, vampires came to 'exist' in novels because in the past, they're similar to people with rabies who bear startling similarities to vampires.

For example; vampires are known to sleep in the day, and similarly, people with rabies (in the past) are insomniacs. Vampires are also known to have high sexual drives, and people with rabies too have that. There're other things, but I can't really remember them at the top of my head..

Basically, my point is that vampires don't exist and are perhaps figments of epople's imaginations where they run wild and etc.


you make a good point but in a literal sense they exist and in a theoretical sense they can exist and probibly have but nothing like fictional vampires


You're gonna have to be more explicit, what do you mean that they can exist "in a theoretical sense"?
1085 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Missouri
Offline
Posted 12/19/08

BUGt95 wrote:

yes vampires are real but nnot in the senses like in anime, books or moives. People like Vlad Draculawere vampires because t hey had a deases that made them attracted to blood. Vlad Draculawould have people staked outside his castle and eat outside in front of them to watch and h ear them die after they were dead he'd leave them there to look at.

Also countess Elizabeth Bathory a beautiful and high born woman tortured and murdered some 650 young women and bathed in their warm blood to keep herself beautiful.
Dorka Was her servent how followed her every will. Dorka and her witches were burned alive, but the Countess, by reason of her noble birth, could not be executed. So, Elizabeth was damned to a death while alive. Sealed into a tiny closet of her castle -- and never let out -- she died four years later.
Elizabeth did not ever utter even a single word of regret, or remorse.



Old news is old. And I don't consider that a vampire.
Requirements by Countess:
Pale
Fangs
Flying/super human speed
Other things I'm too lazy to think of.

53 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / wales
Offline
Posted 12/19/08

The fact that the three known species of vampire bat all seem more similar to one another than to any other species suggests that sanguivorous habits (feeding on blood) only evolved once, and that the three species share a common ancestor.
i dont reallly mind what the definition means but something that is vampuric generaly means something that drinks blood something with vampuric nature for example
Posted 12/19/08 , edited 12/19/08

BUGt95 wrote:

yes vampires are real but nnot in the senses like in anime, books or moives. People like Vlad Draculawere vampires because t hey had a deases that made them attracted to blood. Vlad Draculawould have people staked outside his castle and eat outside in front of them to watch and h ear them die after they were dead he'd leave them there to look at.

Also countess Elizabeth Bathory a beautiful and high born woman tortured and murdered some 650 young women and bathed in their warm blood to keep herself beautiful.
Dorka Was her servent how followed her every will. Dorka and her witches were burned alive, but the Countess, by reason of her noble birth, could not be executed. So, Elizabeth was damned to a death while alive. Sealed into a tiny closet of her castle -- and never let out -- she died four years later.
Elizabeth did not ever utter even a single word of regret, or remorse.



Those people were labelled as "vampires". But vampires in the "Dracula Sense" absolutely do not exist. As for eating, that called be a cannibal not a vampire.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.