First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
What makes a gundam for it to be a gundam?
2658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / take a surmise
Offline
Posted 2/11/09
that "v thing" on their foreheads!!!
Posted 2/11/09 , edited 2/11/09

andydono wrote:


KZSU wrote:

Just watch Gundam00 i think that is your answer


As much as I like MSG 00 S1 and hate MSG 00 S2.

MSG 00 isn't a good example for explaining "What makes a robot to be a Gundam".

I think Tomino's last Gundam TV series really defines that what "Turns A" mecha into a Gundam is in fact, Tomino himself:


Turn A Turn~, Turn A Turn~, Turn A~~~

But now, it's whatever that BANDAI has to say about what's popular, marketable, and damn easy to draw yet hard to look at, that makes even cardboard milk cartons like these as Gundams.
11243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / BC, Canada =P
Offline
Posted 2/11/09

Maou068 wrote:

The 3D CG anime "MS IGLOO" doesn't have a gundam.


Well they did show RX-78-2 Gundam for about 2-3 seconds ...

5075 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 2/11/09
it has to be effin' awesome... and owns other mobile suits... gundanium alloy from GW...

it has to be from bandai

it has to look colorful??

it's got to have the horns ^_^

MOST IMPORTANTLY

it's got to look like me

57248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / ...........
Offline
Posted 2/11/09
many weapons ????


and btw is it me or all main gundam on the series of gundams have a white and blue armor color.................
Posted 2/11/09
The Label on it that says "Made in Japan"

Also any robot not in a Gundam series technically isn't a Gundam
11243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / BC, Canada =P
Offline
Posted 2/11/09

roby55 wrote:

many weapons ????


and btw is it me or all main gundam on the series of gundams have a white and blue armor color.................


Its a tribute to this guy...

17344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crapsack World
Offline
Posted 2/11/09 , edited 2/11/09

andydono wrote:


Maou068 wrote:

The 3D CG anime "MS IGLOO" doesn't have a gundam.


Well they did show RX-78-2 Gundam for about 2-3 seconds ...



Yes, but the MS IGLOO anime didn't use any gundam which is something unusual to the Gundam series.
57248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / ...........
Offline
Posted 2/11/09

andydono wrote:


roby55 wrote:

many weapons ????


and btw is it me or all main gundam on the series of gundams have a white and blue armor color.................


Its a tribute to this guy...



o.o i forgot whos that guy.....
11243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / BC, Canada =P
Offline
Posted 2/11/09 , edited 2/11/09

Maou068 wrote:


Aw man... I'm still not use to these fonts. There so freaking small, I guess I'll just have to zoom in on the text.

Back to topic,

Yea I know that RX-78-2 was used as a cameo, I was just saying it as a joke lol.
11243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / BC, Canada =P
Offline
Posted 2/11/09

roby55 wrote:



o.o I forgot who's that guy...


Its full name is RX-79-2 GUNDAM.
It is the original Gundam of all Gundams.
57248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / ...........
Offline
Posted 2/11/09

andydono wrote:


roby55 wrote:



o.o I forgot who's that guy...


Its full name is RX-79-2 GUNDAM.
It is the original Gundam of all Gundams.


i see so the original smoke cigares huh......... joke XD



well ty for the info
8277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Las Islas Filipinas
Offline
Posted 2/11/09
I foresee a rage fest.

I'm gonna ask this question before anyone does: What about the Hyaku Shiki? Wasn't that MS part of a Gundam development project?
17344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crapsack World
Offline
Posted 2/11/09 , edited 2/11/09
valnavatthe1st does have a point but only the UC and CC time line doesn't necessarily follow the iconic looks of a gundam.
Posted 2/11/09

valnavatthe1st wrote:

I foresee a rage fest.

I'm gonna ask this question before anyone does: What about the Hyaku Shiki? Wasn't that MS part of a Gundam development project?

You mean the Delta project? It was an ambitious attempt to have (not)Char to pilot a Gundam, but Tomino thought (not)Char is just too cool for that. And that's a good call IMO.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.