First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
What angers me about some of the anime fans out there!
19448 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 12/23/08

aZurmancer wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


aZurmancer wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

What angers me about some of the anime fans out there! You ask?
Kids that read or watch dubs and think thats what there really saying.
Like the word Kisama! Kisama most kids mistakingly think means Bastard! "thats a Big NO!"
Japan does not have a word for fatherless children, that is why they used the English word Bastard!!
Japan It self do not have swear words, at most they have rude words. Such as the word Kisama : Ki - Precious / sama - polite honorific. In other words a closer translation of the word would be you girly boy, Or sissy! At most the word could translate to scumbag.

Have you ran into similar fans? How do usually react. Do you correct them? Or do you let them be blissful in there own ignorants?


Why don't you learn English before you start correcting people on their misuse of the Japanese language?


"Explain what did I miss spell? Or is it my grammar you don't like? "
I Type like I speak, because that is the way I am, so go cry about it.

But then I know your type, your the kind of person who attacks someone on something off topic just because you don't like what they have to say. On top of that you can't come up with anything to counter what I said so you just blindly swing in the dark at me with every little stupid thing.

Again there is nothing wrong with my English, your little attack on it shows me that your one of those that mistakingly think Fan subs are 100% right and really think Japan has swear word.
(Poor Child)


Yup, you sure summed me up. Actually, you are completely wrong. My comment was related to the topic. I related it to the proper usage of language. Grammar is what you lack and if you get away in life talking in the way that you type I feel sorry for whoever has to hear you speak. I don't take fan subs for what they are and I know Japanese doesn't have many swears, but don't say that they have none. I'm sure you mean the Japanese language doesn't have swear words when you say, "Japan it self do not have swear words..." and "...Japan has swear word". Japan itself has natural resources and land structures. The Japanese language and the Japanese people would be the ones who have words. Oh, by the way, you misspelled "mistakenly" and "ignorance". "There" refers to location; "Their" refers to possession; "They're" is used as a subject. You're a grown up, so I bet you didn't need that clarification, right?
Now, onto the true topic. I don't like the anime fans that mix Japanese words into their English sentences; that is very annoying. I also don't care for the anime fans that relate everything to an anime that they've seen.


Wen I said Japan does not have swear words, I do mean Japan.
I know people out side of Japan who make a living teaching Japanese that use a americanized form of Japanese and miss use words, and using there own form a butchered Japanese as truth. So I did indeed mean Japan not Japanese. As for me I am a scientest who worked in Japan as a metal artist. (always had strange jobs, don't ask me why.) Any spelling mistakes is do to the spell checker. Or to the fact I take little time looking at what I type, if you did not know I type out what I have to say here at the same time I am working on other things. So I am not going to be perfect, and hell take a look at the time I am usually posting. Right now Its 4:18 AM still up working on a little lab time. putting in some overtime so I two can get to celebrate this roman-pagan event as we sit around a tree waiting for Odin the Viking god to give us gifts for being good little boys and girls.


1240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Under the Weeping...
Offline
Posted 12/23/08


Did you really read what I said at all? Also, when translating, you translate the meaning that it holds in the other language and not the exact meaning.
19448 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 12/23/08

aZurmancer wrote:



Did you really read what I said at all? Also, when translating, you translate the meaning that it holds in the other language and not the exact meaning.



The Idea of translating or also known a subbing is to tell you what there saying and make it so you can understand it. Whats adding swear words do? Like I pointed out they use You the same way we use You wen we are angry, the adding of other words was never needed. Thats my point. Its ok to change the grammar so kids can understand it. What is not ok, is adding extra shit in there just for the hell of it.

Like I pointed out before swearing is like fillers. Not needed, don't fallow the plot, and is a wast of time.

You know how many times I have to explain to kids now a days that Japan does not have a word for bastard, that is just filler created by crappy subbers that think there cool because they add swearing into a little kids show.
1240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Under the Weeping...
Offline
Posted 12/23/08
^^^
This guy has no clue what he is talking about...Fail.
375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 12/23/08
OMFG!
I'm young and I recently started to love anime (two years ago) and i REALLY want to learn Japanese to, and I watch the "Dubbed" series of Naruto and thought that thats how it was actually made and I had NO idea there was a Japanese version (Naruto Shippuden) but now I do

you are such an asshole for hating young people who have a new interest
So screw you and go to hell!
676 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / soul society
Offline
Posted 12/23/08

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


aZurmancer wrote:



Did you really read what I said at all? Also, when translating, you translate the meaning that it holds in the other language and not the exact meaning.



The Idea of translating or also known a subbing is to tell you what there saying and make it so you can understand it. Whats adding swear words do? Like I pointed out they use You the same way we use You wen we are angry, the adding of other words was never needed. Thats my point. Its ok to change the grammar so kids can understand it. What is not ok, is adding extra shit in there just for the hell of it.

Like I pointed out before swearing is like fillers. Not needed, don't fallow the plot, and is a wast of time.

You know how many times I have to explain to kids now a days that Japan does not have a word for bastard, that is just filler created by crappy subbers that think there cool because they add swearing into a little kids show.


ok dude i think ur getting to angry about tis matter
Posted 12/24/08

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:
Japan It self do not have swear words


LOL!!!

Chikushou - Shit
Nan da kor’ ya - what (the fuck’s) this?
Machakucha gu - fucked up good!
Yarou - bastard
ketsunoana - Asshole
Chin Chin - Dick
Kono ama - You bitch
Imi imishe Kuso - eat fucking shit
Kyapi kyapi gyaru - Bimbo


124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Uk
Offline
Posted 12/24/08
I think it's only fair that kids who just get into anime watch dubs-its more westernized and easier for them to follow. I personally prefer subs, but thats mostly because I'm trying to learn Japanese and trying to follow the Japanese helps me with this.
What annoys me is elitists who think that they're better than other anime fans because they've been into it for longer, or because they think they know Japanese or because of anything else. People should enjoy the common interest instead of trying to argue about who is a better anime 'fan'
375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 12/24/08

shigures_high_school_girl wrote:

I think it's only fair that kids who just get into anime watch dubs-its more westernized and easier for them to follow. I personally prefer subs, but thats mostly because I'm trying to learn Japanese and trying to follow the Japanese helps me with this.
What annoys me is elitists who think that they're better than other anime fans because they've been into it for longer, or because they think they know Japanese or because of anything else. People should enjoy the common interest instead of trying to argue about who is a better anime 'fan'


YOU SAID IT
thats what ANGERS ME ABOUT SOME OF THE ANIME FANS OUT THERE the ones who been into it longer or know the language think they are better than everyone else! thats so stupid! its like, I like Sakura just as much as you even though you friken speak japanese bitch! lol
17397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Im Lost
Offline
Posted 12/24/08
yeah.. like i wanna start a topic like |what i hate about fangirls"
122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 12/24/08

UnsureSakura wrote:

YOU SAID IT
thats what ANGERS ME ABOUT SOME OF THE ANIME FANS OUT THERE the ones who been into it longer or know the language think they are better than everyone else! thats so stupid! its like, I like Sakura just as much as you even though you friken speak japanese bitch! lol


I think you're getting a little too angry there.

I agree it's annoying when fans act all high and mighty. It's also annoying when new fans, in their over-enthusiasm, act as if Japan is the BESTEST THING EVER, LOLZ! and watch terribly done titles simply because it's anime. But it's best to not let either type of fan bother you.

If they are ignorant, politely suggest some titles that may be to their liking that are of better quality. I find most new fans are eager to learn from one who's been around the anime block a few times. If they are arrogant, let them grow out of it. They'll learn not to be so bothered after a while. And if they are, well, I would assume they just like being angry.
Posted 12/24/08 , edited 12/24/08
Since I don't know Japanese I try to believe that most of the words they're saying are correct if not some of it. but when you switch between the english version and the original japanese one the words are different. I just think the english one's are more funny.
375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 12/24/08

Kavaii wrote:


UnsureSakura wrote:

YOU SAID IT
thats what ANGERS ME ABOUT SOME OF THE ANIME FANS OUT THERE the ones who been into it longer or know the language think they are better than everyone else! thats so stupid! its like, I like Sakura just as much as you even though you friken speak japanese bitch! lol


I think you're getting a little too angry there.

I agree it's annoying when fans act all high and mighty. It's also annoying when new fans, in their over-enthusiasm, act as if Japan is the BESTEST THING EVER, LOLZ! and watch terribly done titles simply because it's anime. But it's best to not let either type of fan bother you.

If they are ignorant, politely suggest some titles that may be to their liking that are of better quality. I find most new fans are eager to learn from one who's been around the anime block a few times. If they are arrogant, let them grow out of it. They'll learn not to be so bothered after a while. And if they are, well, I would assume they just like being angry.


yea, its true i do think japan is the best thing ever,
do i sound angry? whoa, i do, sorry
2037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Vault 15, New Cal...
Offline
Posted 12/24/08 , edited 12/24/08

CyrusValentine wrote:

LOL!!!

Chikushou - Shit BEAST
Nan da kor’ ya - what (the fuck’s) this? WHAT IS THIS?(nan=what, kore=this; nothing sweary)
Machakucha gu - fucked up good!
Yarou - bastard I WILL
ketsunoana - Asshole
Chin Chin - Dick
Kono ama - You bitch
Imi imishe Kuso - eat fucking shit imi means sacred/taboo/significance and kuso means shit so I'm assuming imishe means to eat; f**k ain't in there
Kyapi kyapi gyaru - Bimbo


Corrections in blue.
14495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Way of The Ninja...
Offline
Posted 12/24/08
Um, I think you be taking a TV show far too serious, there.

Relax, it's just for fun! Heck, if we are gonna get uppity, aren't Anime just cartoons in Japan?

So aren't you getting mighty upset over the Winnie the Pooh of Japan?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.